Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,165 members, 7,815,063 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:35 AM

The Igbo Tribe's Tragedy And Curse Of Being A Niger Deltan - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Igbo Tribe's Tragedy And Curse Of Being A Niger Deltan (3698 Views)

The Igbo Tribe's Tragedy And Curse Of Being A Niger Deltan (reply From An Igbo) / Ikoyi Tragedy And Casual Bigotry Against Yoruba Muslims / Asaba Massacre: Untold Story Of Tragedy And Carnage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Igbo Tribe's Tragedy And Curse Of Being A Niger Deltan by CharlotteFlair: 2:38pm On Apr 14
blacknp:
You are more successful & better than your shadow? typical reason that you are detested.
I detest you more than the plague itself. So what are you talking about?
Re: The Igbo Tribe's Tragedy And Curse Of Being A Niger Deltan by CharlotteFlair: 2:39pm On Apr 14
Almaiga:

This is the poverty capital of Nigeria
So Aboki expects me to start posting links about he is the most unfortunate tribe in Nigeria? Hahahaha πŸ˜ƒ.
I'll rather pick beans. Thank you for not refuting my first post. πŸ˜‚
Re: The Igbo Tribe's Tragedy And Curse Of Being A Niger Deltan by IkeIgboNiile(m): 2:41pm On Apr 14
gidgiddy

And that's what I need explanation to. Why is it that Fulani herdsmen are killing you Nigerians in all 6 geopolitical zones, but you don't hate Fulani, you Nigerians even elected and re-elected a Fulani man called Buhari while his herdsmen brothers were massacaring you, but it is Igbo that is your problem? If you guys don't like Igbo, support them to go their way as Biafra.

Igbos own asaba. Asaba is alaigboπŸ’―
Re: The Igbo Tribe's Tragedy And Curse Of Being A Niger Deltan by Almaiga: 2:42pm On Apr 14
9japride:
[color=#006600][/color]

But you all fought a war to keep them and can't do without mentioning Igbos daily on nairaland.
What is your tribe and what are they known for?

They are actually our slaves

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Igbo Tribe's Tragedy And Curse Of Being A Niger Deltan by blacknp(m): 2:42pm On Apr 14
CharlotteFlair:
I detest you more than the plague itself. So what are you talking about?
You detest me, more than yourself?

1 Like

Re: The Igbo Tribe's Tragedy And Curse Of Being A Niger Deltan by payaseriy: 2:43pm On Apr 14
Almaiga:

This is the poverty capital of Nigeria
this is uncalled for
Re: The Igbo Tribe's Tragedy And Curse Of Being A Niger Deltan by Almaiga: 2:44pm On Apr 14
blacknp:
How will someone know that you are igbo?

Crime. That's their major characteristic grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Igbo Tribe's Tragedy And Curse Of Being A Niger Deltan by CharlotteFlair: 2:45pm On Apr 14
payaseriy:
First and foremost. I am from the Niger Delta and the Igbos are the closest relatives we have but the truth must be said without bias or favouritism.

Growing up, i never truly understood why people in Warri(Agbarho) would say "no one should sell land to Igbo man'. It was not hate, but something the Urhobo observed about the nature of the Igbo men wanting to snatch their lands and impose dominance.

My people don't really like the Igbos. I didnt know why at first until i was a victim of an Igbo man. We had a striving business until an Igbo man came close and opened a shop next to ours. Within few weeks, he would stand close to the road and whenever someone wanted to enter our shop, he would call them and lure them over. It was a very annoying character, some of these people would later inform us that the igbo man was saying our products are substandard and that our price are way too higher.

I didn't stay enough to tolerate the nonsense because i later stopped going to the shop and left the business to my younger brother. Months later, i went to the shop and was surprised how the Igbo man would draw people away and even have the audacity to come to our shop to collect goods for them.

My stupid brother allowed this to happened. It was a very difficult times for our business. His desperation to make money would drive him to even kill a man.

They actually did something that led to the death of my father, that's a story for another time.

I had a girlfriend at home before i gained admission into the university. Then one holiday, my girlfriend told me that same igbo man came to her and told her i wont marry her and that am promiscuous and was only using her, and so much more. The igbo man was troubling the little girl and because of her incessant complain of what the Igbo man was saying to her, i decided to stay off. I left the girl.

Barely six months later, she was pregnant and abadoned. How time flies!

Still i never hated an entire tribe because of the evil of some of the people. I can say more than hundred of evil that igbo men had done to me and my family in Warri. One of such time, an igbo woman poisoned our dog, yes, we know she did it because she was our tenant and when the dog was vomiting, it was same thing she had on her. Plus, she had often threatened to kill the dog for invading her rented space.

It was very painful because that dog was our first dog and my elder brother bought me that dog the day i was born. I was about 10 when the dog died. Same years as the dog, i cried and for the first time in my life, i saw tears on my Dad's face.

Alot happened since then bt let save them for later...

Many years later, i went to lagos to stay with a friend. And one of those days, my car got broken and i decided to take public transport.

I got into one and while the car was still in transit, a man(presumably a yoruba man), did something that got a lady pissed off in the cab. I interfered and told the man his wrong and the next thing he said to me was "These Igbo boys, we go deal with all of ona..." i could read the hate on his expression. But i was no Igbo boy, as a matter of fact, i am an Urhobo boy, a tribe so complex that wont even sell a piece of land to Igbo or yoruba man.

So many tribes Hate Igbo and i don't imagine why. They are full of themselves and think the entire country revolves around them, they forget they are just one out of 250 ethnic group in Nigeria.

The yoruba man feels threatened by the existence of the Igbo man. I don't blame them. Even i feel repugnant at the character of many of them, mostly my current Neighbor that defames me at all opportunity.

But we must learn to co exist. The bad eggs are many but that doesnt mean we should throw away the entire basket. The Igbo man has wronged me even more than many people attacking them, bt i can't hate an entire ethnic group because 100s of them stepped on my toes.

Fighing and hating on Nairaland is not the right way to express yourself. Like the Bible says" doing the right thing, is what makes a nation great".

Don't be a tribalist ( almost like Racist), let learn to tolerate and coexist, but don't sell your land to them o... Lol.

Anyways, please lets coexist
Urhobo?

I'm Igbo and it's a taboo to marry from your tribe.

The men are typically lazy! It's the women that do most of the hustling while your men revel themselves in drinking ogogoro from dawn to dusk.

We also don't marry your women because they are very promiscuous and fetish. One man is not enough for them. We don't marry them, God forbid!!!

Okay, so the man near your shop frustrated you out of business and you ran? Well, this is what I'm saying about typical Urhobo man. He loves the easy life. Zero hustling spirit. You are just being a typical Urhobo man that rather than be competitive, he's very complacent.
Please, it's not your fault. That's the dominant gene in you at work.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Igbo Tribe's Tragedy And Curse Of Being A Niger Deltan by Almaiga: 2:50pm On Apr 14
IkeIgboNiile:
gidgiddy

And that's what I need explanation to. Why is it that Fulani herdsmen are killing you Nigerians in all 6 geopolitical zones, but you don't hate Fulani, you Nigerians even elected and re-elected a Fulani man called Buhari while his herdsmen brothers were massacaring you, but it is Igbo that is your problem? If you guys don't like Igbo, support them to go their way as Biafra.

Igbos own asaba. Asaba is alaigboπŸ’―

Fulani are their masters

3 Likes

Re: The Igbo Tribe's Tragedy And Curse Of Being A Niger Deltan by CharlotteFlair: 2:51pm On Apr 14
Almaiga:

They shine in what exactly?
Wealth creation and high life expectancy rate, beauty, confidence and ability to eke out a living in a terror ridden enclave like yours.
You see, because your people have been backward for ages and have witnessed the rest of the world move far ahead, they have now resorted to kidnapping to make their own millions. That's the only enterprise their simple minds can muster. πŸ˜‚

1 Like

Re: The Igbo Tribe's Tragedy And Curse Of Being A Niger Deltan by CharlotteFlair: 2:53pm On Apr 14
Almaiga:

Fulani are their masters
Lol... Who will waste their time posting links just to explain that Fulani is the fourth deadliest terro group in the world. Hahaha πŸ˜ƒ. No need man! We have nothing to prove to a fulani man.

BTW, when will you post your favorite picture of you wailing profusely because Igbos are better than you? πŸ˜ƒ
Re: The Igbo Tribe's Tragedy And Curse Of Being A Niger Deltan by DMerciful(m): 2:54pm On Apr 14
All I see is hatred from you towards the Igbos disguised as caution/advice.

What is the real purpose of your thread? Seems to me its to denigrate the Igbos because I don't see why one Igbo man and woman will be the reason for mentioning the entire Igbo.

You said you wonder why many tribe hates the Igbos? Its because its difficult to compete against the Igbos and win. So, what you see is envy!

I'm happy they called you Igbo in Lagos because in the South, if you're not Yoruba,
the Yorubas see you as Igbo and in war situations, you'll be hurt without asking if you're really Igbo so if you think you're doing Igbos, you're doing yourself
payaseriy:
First and foremost. I am from the Niger Delta and the Igbos are the closest relatives we have but the truth must be said without bias or favouritism.

Growing up, i never truly understood why people in Warri(Agbarho) would say "no one should sell land to Igbo man'. It was not hate, but something the Urhobo observed about the nature of the Igbo men wanting to snatch their lands and impose dominance.

My people don't really like the Igbos. I didnt know why at first until i was a victim of an Igbo man. We had a striving business until an Igbo man came close and opened a shop next to ours. Within few weeks, he would stand close to the road and whenever someone wanted to enter our shop, he would call them and lure them over. It was a very annoying character, some of these people would later inform us that the igbo man was saying our products are substandard and that our price are way too higher.

I didn't stay enough to tolerate the nonsense because i later stopped going to the shop and left the business to my younger brother. Months later, i went to the shop and was surprised how the Igbo man would draw people away and even have the audacity to come to our shop to collect goods for them.

My stupid brother allowed this to happened. It was a very difficult times for our business. His desperation to make money would drive him to even kill a man.

They actually did something that led to the death of my father, that's a story for another time.

I had a girlfriend at home before i gained admission into the university. Then one holiday, my girlfriend told me that same igbo man came to her and told her i wont marry her and that am promiscuous and was only using her, and so much more. The igbo man was troubling the little girl and because of her incessant complain of what the Igbo man was saying to her, i decided to stay off. I left the girl.

Still i never hated an entire tribe because of the evil of some of the people. I can say more than hundred of evil that igbo men had done to me and my family in Warri. One of such time, an igbo woman poisoned our dog, yes, we know she did it because she was our tenant and when the dog was vomiting, it was same thing she had on her. Plus, she had often threatened to kill the dog for invading her rented space.

It was very painful because that dog was our first dog and my elder brother bought me that dog the day i was born. I was about 10 when the dog died. Same years as the dog, i cried and for the first time in my life, i saw tears on my Dad's face.

Many years later, i went to lagos to stay with a friend. And one of those days, my car got broken and i decided to take public transport.

I got into one and while the car was still in transit, a man(presumably a yoruba man), did something that got a lady pissed off in the cab. I interfered and told the man his wrong and the next thing he said to me was "These Igbo boys, we go deal with all of ona..." i could read the hate on his expression. But i was no Igbo boy, as a matter of fact, i am an Urhobo boy, a tribe so complex that wont even sell a piece of land to Igbo or yoruba man.

So many tribes Hate Igbo and i don't imagine why. They are full of themselves and think the entire country revolves around them, they forget they are just one out of 250 ethnic group in Nigeria.

The yoruba man feels threatened by the existence of the Igbo man. I don't blame them. Even i feel repugnant at the character of many of them, mostly my current Neighbor that defames me at all opportunity.

But we must learn to co exist. The bad eggs are many but that doesnt mean we should throw away the entire basket. The Igbo man has wronged me even more than many people attacking them, bt i can't hate an entire ethnic group because 100s of them stepped on my toes.

Fighing and hating on Nairaland is not the right way to express yourself. Like the Bible says" doing the right thing, is what makes a nation great".

Don't be a tribalist ( almost like Racist), let learn to tolerate and coexist, but don't sell your land to them o... Lol.

2 Likes

Re: The Igbo Tribe's Tragedy And Curse Of Being A Niger Deltan by Bridget95(f): 2:56pm On Apr 14
payaseriy:

All I see here are accusations base on hate. You simply hate the igbos for no reason. You need to purge yourself of hate and love ❀.

In Nigeria currently, there are 3 major tribes and the urobho fall under the Igbo,that is how other tribes sees it. Its is evident in your story about the Yoruba man referring to you as igbo.

You guys in the south-south don't understand the weakness you are bringing upon yourselves by joining anti Christian forces to hate igbos.

If you guys don't retract your steps and stop hating the igbos,when the Islamic forces are at your door step ,it may become overwhelming.

This

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Igbo Tribe's Tragedy And Curse Of Being A Niger Deltan by SeeWahala: 2:57pm On Apr 14
payaseriy:
My father went to the church for healing... do u know d issue leading to the sickness ?

Just shut up and get out

But I read in your opening post that it was the IGBOS that led to the death of your father undecided

So, you're trying to tell us now that you took your father to a church for healing from his IGBO ailment?

abeg, what church is that? Its like your brother Almaigaa will definitely consider switching from his Islam to your own religion if you can guarantee him of πŸ’― cure to his IGBO disease wink

Help convert a poor lost soul today πŸ™

3 Likes

Re: The Igbo Tribe's Tragedy And Curse Of Being A Niger Deltan by SeeWahala: 2:58pm On Apr 14
CharlotteFlair:
I will still not waste my precious time posting pictures of you fuccing your cows grin

Please don't post. Im eating cry

Thank you wink

1 Like

Re: The Igbo Tribe's Tragedy And Curse Of Being A Niger Deltan by CharlotteFlair: 2:59pm On Apr 14
Bridget95:
All I see here are accusations base on hate. You simply hate the igbos for no reason. You need to purge yourself of hate and love ❀.

In Nigeria currently, there are 3 major tribes and the urobho fall under the Igbo,that is how other tribes sees it. Its is evident in your story about the Yoruba man referring to you as igbo.

You guys in the south-south don't understand the weakness you are bringing upon yourselves by joining anti Christian forces to hate igbos.

If you guys don't retract your steps and stop hating the igbos,when the Islamic forces are at your door step ,it may become overwhelming.

This
Hahaha πŸ˜ƒ..

Imagine o!

A fucking minority talking nonsense!

You have time to be advising an hate filled lazy and bigoted idiot. I won't indulge them that way.

I shoot to kill!!

1 Like

Re: The Igbo Tribe's Tragedy And Curse Of Being A Niger Deltan by DMerciful(m): 2:59pm On Apr 14
Its envy of the fact that they cannot compete and win. If it was what was actually done to them, they would hate the Fulanis more for killing across Nigeria
blacknp:
Fulani herdsmen are killing them you claim, but they other tribes all seem to detest you still, then you ought to know that something is definitely wrong with you.
Re: The Igbo Tribe's Tragedy And Curse Of Being A Niger Deltan by CharlotteFlair: 3:00pm On Apr 14
SeeWahala:

Please don't post. Im eating cry

Thank you wink
I will not my brother. I'll rather pick beans.

1 Like

Re: The Igbo Tribe's Tragedy And Curse Of Being A Niger Deltan by CharlotteFlair: 3:02pm On Apr 14
payaseriy:
My father went to the church for healing... do u know d issue leading to the sickness ?

Just shut up and get out
Let me guess..

He bleeped another man's wife!

That's the favorite pass time of an uhrobo man. πŸ˜–
Re: The Igbo Tribe's Tragedy And Curse Of Being A Niger Deltan by SeeWahala: 3:04pm On Apr 14
Almaiga:

You refer to these ladies as beautiful? grin

Do you remember who won best dressed FEMALE in your own town recently? grin

I won't post pic. I understand you're embarrassed enough undecided
Re: The Igbo Tribe's Tragedy And Curse Of Being A Niger Deltan by DMerciful(m): 3:05pm On Apr 14
I agree with the woman that not agreeing to protest against Tinubu is tribalism
tollyboy5:
grin Let's learn how to live together. My uncle use to tell me, when people say nonsense you give it back to them.
Let them know they're saying nonsense!
But my mum said I should always avoid trouble.
I chose that of my mum. When I grew older I took the advice of my uncle and both worked for me in different time.
At a younger age I will always here trashy talk and might not want to fire back.

Like for instance one lovely igbo woman that use to give me alot of goodies told me to do my research well, that my ancestors were from Ogun state not Lagos Epe.
She said many of this Yoruba are not from Lagos that Lagos is a mixed state.
I fired back immediately that she should not tell me my history and what I know.
The whole Epe territory is Ijebu land before Lagos state and Ogun state came to be.
So this is our land and we're majorly ijebu.
She had to keep quiet.

Another day we were talking about bad government and I said it clearly that I don't like tinubu but I can't join a protest against his government now, I'm optimistic and besides Lagos will benefit alot.

She said that's tribalism, I said it's personal interest.

Our different view doesn't mean we should stop being friends you know.

Once I enter alaba and someone drags my hand, "oga game, laptop, candle, aeroplane etc I get am 4 my store".
Sometimes I just laugh and pass, sometimes if I'm pissed I'll tell him "I go comot yah teeth now".

I understand igbos very well, they are nice people but if you don't call them to order they will ride you.
One of my neighbor that I use to play with daughter and buy things for her. Despite all this my good jesture, this woman will always spoil my parol with any babe wey i wan knack!

Once she sees me with uju, the next thing I'll see is her advising the girl grin
She did that with chibuzor and Ada too.
I no later see those babes knack!
I just laugh 4 my mind, I would have applied pressure but I reserve my pressure for better things.
I stop buying anything for her which reduce how I buy stuff for her daughter grin
But we're still friends.
Those are my experience with igbos sofar.

1 Like

Re: The Igbo Tribe's Tragedy And Curse Of Being A Niger Deltan by Raskimonojendor: 3:07pm On Apr 14
It's not only urhobos. Ibos are not generally fancied in the SS.

2 Likes

Re: The Igbo Tribe's Tragedy And Curse Of Being A Niger Deltan by DMerciful(m): 3:08pm On Apr 14
Why did you avoid the Fulani question? What sins have the Igbos committed that you think is worse than the Fulanis so much so that you feel indifferent against the Fulanis?
payaseriy:
That's your problem. You think people are unjustly criticizing you.

I'm an ardent Obi supporter, you can go through my previous trends

Some of ur folks are terrible people, so also in every ethnic group, but certain traits are perculiar to some ethnic group. The perculiar traits is what we point out.

But you must realise that i don't hate your ethnic group and wont advise anyone to hate them too. Go through all my comments.

To me, discrimination based on ethnic group is similar to racism, bt that doesnt stop me from pointing out what i see, or from experience my view.

Good speed and stay blessed

1 Like

Re: The Igbo Tribe's Tragedy And Curse Of Being A Niger Deltan by muhammaduyusufu: 3:09pm On Apr 14
The Ibo athrocities in the SS minority during the Biafrian war is well documented. I will educate the thread on the athrocities.

2 Likes

Re: The Igbo Tribe's Tragedy And Curse Of Being A Niger Deltan by Bridget95(f): 3:11pm On Apr 14
Whalis:
In Rivers State we noticed them early and with all might sabotaged the Biafran struggle.
why can't you in Rivers state stop Fulani conquest of your oil Wells and resources.

Point to one Rivers man who owns oil Wells.
My dear Rivers man , your land is surrounded and your resources carted away by foreign elements and all your brag about is Biafra.
The Biafrans are far better than you guys even do we have no grudges for your betrayal

2 Likes

Re: The Igbo Tribe's Tragedy And Curse Of Being A Niger Deltan by muhammaduyusufu: 3:12pm On Apr 14
More athrocities committed by the ibos on the minorities of the south south

2 Likes

Re: The Igbo Tribe's Tragedy And Curse Of Being A Niger Deltan by muhammaduyusufu: 3:13pm On Apr 14

Re: The Igbo Tribe's Tragedy And Curse Of Being A Niger Deltan by Brenbentondiaz: 3:15pm On Apr 14
Nyouth:
igbos must be hated at all cost, should I tell you the reason, it's inferiority complex, it's natural not to like like someone who is better than you and told you to your face that he is better, e dey pain, that's the problem igbos have, same way if you are black man working in a company full of white people, they are called expatriates while you a black will be called a labourer or staff

Na true my brother. Inferiority complex. That thing that worries Indians, Malaysians, South Africans, Liberians, Singaporeans etc. I read that inferiority complex has started worrying the Chinese too.
Re: The Igbo Tribe's Tragedy And Curse Of Being A Niger Deltan by Iceberg3: 3:16pm On Apr 14
payaseriy:
u don't know life.

People hate people that wronged them... is Palestine better than Isreal ?

Bad character will make people to hate u

See dumb question you should be asking yourself..
Palestine can never be better than Israel and that's why they keep hating and attacking the Israelis who God have already blessed beyond any curse from any wretched witch and same thing applies to the Igbos.

I am a Benin son and it was good riddance to bad rubbish when the wayos people got kicked out of the Benin kingdom centuries ago and landed their ogogoro arsse in delta region.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Jubilation As Acn Sweeps Polls In Ogun ! / Abia To Explore Investment Opportunities With Thailand / Names Of FG Negotiators To Free Chibok Girls Revealed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.