Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,868 members, 7,817,564 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:29 PM

Abia To Explore Investment Opportunities With Thailand - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abia To Explore Investment Opportunities With Thailand (3699 Views)

Abia To Demolish 1800 Structures In Aba / Abia To Probe Orji Kalu's Tenure / Abia To Construct 8,500 Housing Units For Civil Servants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abia To Explore Investment Opportunities With Thailand by mukina2: 2:11pm On Feb 08, 2013
ABIA TO PARTNER WITH THAILAND

Abia state government says it is ready to partner with Thailand to explore bilateral investment opportunities between them.

Governor Theodore Orji stated this at the government house, Umuahia when he met with the Royal Thai commercial counselor in Nigeria, Mr.Boon Intiratana who paid him a courtesy visit with the Aba Chamber of Commerce, Mines and Agriculture (ACCIMA).

The governor advised the counselor to look round the state and ascertain areas of interest for investment.
According to him the state boasts of large human and material resources adding that apart from Lagos, Aba remains the commercial nerve centre of the country.

He described Igbos as very industrious and assured the counselor of adequate security of their investment in the state.
Chief Orji stated that Thailand is noted for rice production, which he said has helped in feeding Nigerians and pointed out that a major problem confronting Aba is power supply.
He however stated that the federal government is addressing the problem with the building of NIPP power plant in Aba which is being complemented by the Geometric power plant at Osisioma.

The governor used the forum to commend ACCIMA for the role it was playing in promoting trade and pledged to continue to assist the chamber.
In his speech, Mr Intiratana said the purpose of his visit was to see business and commercial opportunities that exist in Abia state and how to promote bilateral relationship between Nigeria and Thailand.

He said that his country is interested in agriculture especially rice production and food processing, electricity generation, tourism, as well as in construction and transportation and invited the governor to send a private mission to Thailand in May this year for an international food fair and the Nigeria – Thailand business forum.

Earlier, the president of ACCIMA, chief Eleanya Okoroji said ACCIMA is striving on its noble functions of attracting foreign investments to Abia state ,adding that the Thai commercial counselor is in Abia under their invitation to interact with business people as well as improve on the existing bilateral relationship between Abia state and Thailand.
Re: Abia To Explore Investment Opportunities With Thailand by Tolexander: 2:18pm On Feb 08, 2013
anty mukinatu! source eh!
This is a welcoming bilatera developement between Nigeria and Thailand cos there will be more rice in Abba and Igbo made products in Bangkok, Thailand.
Re: Abia To Explore Investment Opportunities With Thailand by Abujafood: 4:31pm On Feb 08, 2013
Okay!
Re: Abia To Explore Investment Opportunities With Thailand by vizboy(m): 4:31pm On Feb 08, 2013
nice development
Re: Abia To Explore Investment Opportunities With Thailand by momodub: 4:31pm On Feb 08, 2013
.well play
Re: Abia To Explore Investment Opportunities With Thailand by supaeagles(m): 4:34pm On Feb 08, 2013
Flesh trade included

1 Like

Re: Abia To Explore Investment Opportunities With Thailand by Nobody: 4:36pm On Feb 08, 2013
Abia oni baje o! grin
Re: Abia To Explore Investment Opportunities With Thailand by mike404(m): 4:40pm On Feb 08, 2013
Wasted years embarassed embarassed

1 Like

Re: Abia To Explore Investment Opportunities With Thailand by omiobo: 4:43pm On Feb 08, 2013
berem: Abia oni baje o! grin

This one don baje already. Abia govt is always to to to to.... That governor self go like this thing.

Mod,I no talk am
Re: Abia To Explore Investment Opportunities With Thailand by Asis(m): 4:52pm On Feb 08, 2013
Alrt
Re: Abia To Explore Investment Opportunities With Thailand by tomakint: 5:10pm On Feb 08, 2013
wao, Abia is going places! Sometimes I wonder which of the two (Abia and Anambra) has more industrious people, for all I know, I think Abians and Anambrans have a lot in common when it comes to the art of making good money through independent business in virtually any field. Thumbs up to my Igbo Kwenus!!! cool wink kiss

1 Like

Re: Abia To Explore Investment Opportunities With Thailand by erniok(m): 5:17pm On Feb 08, 2013
American wonder. T.A no fit deceive us.
Re: Abia To Explore Investment Opportunities With Thailand by Capnd143(m): 5:24pm On Feb 08, 2013
It seems some state are now trying to boost their growth independently but yet coperatively. With this type of development states can grow at their own pace and speed rather than wait for the "ALMIGHTY federal gov't"
Re: Abia To Explore Investment Opportunities With Thailand by ypzilanti: 5:35pm On Feb 08, 2013
TA Orji. Hmmn
Re: Abia To Explore Investment Opportunities With Thailand by petsam11(m): 5:42pm On Feb 08, 2013
Well, it's a welcome development...@ T.A: Abians want you to do more...Carry on!!!
Re: Abia To Explore Investment Opportunities With Thailand by donofdons: 6:03pm On Feb 08, 2013
[size=28pt]chei thailand. She male go soon dey nigeria.see enjoymento.may he be praises[/size]

1 Like

Re: Abia To Explore Investment Opportunities With Thailand by Meringe(m): 6:25pm On Feb 08, 2013
I wonder why news abt this clown always make FP, na wa oo. How much wey this mugu pay una? No ban me abeg. But I must say the truth, this gov is the worst thing to happen to this human race. A wasted energy. Come to Aba as see where caterpillars are used to sweep the asphalted road, I was at ikot ekpene rd and I was marveled at what ds clown is doing there. Destroying the road previous govt constructed in the name of sweeping it. Is caterpillar used to sweep a road?
From his statement here, you will understand that he has no Agenda for Abia or Aba. He likes taking glory from other people's success. Tomorrow he will claim that he invited the Thai Counselor or he invited Geometric power or attracted Alaoji NIPP project or he killed Osisikankwo with his bare hand.
I can't wait to see 2015!
Re: Abia To Explore Investment Opportunities With Thailand by jmoore(m): 7:26pm On Feb 08, 2013
@mukina2, are you a paid agent for T.A. Orji?
Re: Abia To Explore Investment Opportunities With Thailand by uchman77: 8:28pm On Feb 08, 2013
T.A why are u always on air? pls leave us alone, Abians have suffered alot stop making mockery of urself. a governor that wil present ikoyi rd as the new face of abia .my good God wil bless us oneday wit a good governor.
Re: Abia To Explore Investment Opportunities With Thailand by greaterlove(m): 8:35pm On Feb 08, 2013
LWKMD, abeg berem no kill person with laughter this night o. grin
LWKMD, abeg berem no kill person with laughter this night o.
Re: Abia To Explore Investment Opportunities With Thailand by PROUDIGBO(m): 8:50pm On Feb 08, 2013
Am i the only one starting to get small good feeling about this state?
Re: Abia To Explore Investment Opportunities With Thailand by Nobody: 9:03pm On Feb 08, 2013
2015 wia is thy face??
Re: Abia To Explore Investment Opportunities With Thailand by hugafella(m): 9:13pm On Feb 08, 2013
This Abia governor is a very big liar and is so hated in Abia state. As the worst governor in Nigeria, ask yourself why he frustrated Aba, a well known haven for industrious and enterprising youth in the South East. Aba roads became gutters and he was even stoned when he went to campaign there. It took protests from within and outside Abia state to get the clown to start his trademark mediocre repair work there. Umuahia remains the same as 10 years ago. So is this the kind of chatacter that wants to do bilateral business with thailand? What annoys me the most is that stupid smile on his face. Makes him look like an slowpoke.
Re: Abia To Explore Investment Opportunities With Thailand by GARRIx7(m): 9:16pm On Feb 08, 2013
Kai!!!

See how empty this thread is!!!

This shows how USELESS the Governor is....

If this thread was about Aregbesola, Amosun or Fashola you'll see how Dayo, Rhino, Geez, Seanet01, Naptu2, Gbawe, Demdem, Eko-Ole etc will be celebrating, while the flat-headed, akpu-chopping folks will be spewing their usual negativity and inferiority complex...

T.A. Orji just like Uduaghan is a rejected Vulture.....

SMH...

1 Like

Re: Abia To Explore Investment Opportunities With Thailand by Nobody: 9:20pm On Feb 08, 2013
PROUD-IGBO:
Am i the only one starting to get small good feeling about this state?

I think the air around you is polluted. Change your position. Unless there is divine intervention, NOTHING GOOD WILL EVER COME FROM T. A. orji.

Even orji uzor is better than him. Add T. A. to a state, it becomes -20 years.
Re: Abia To Explore Investment Opportunities With Thailand by Nobody: 9:23pm On Feb 08, 2013
GARRI (x7):
Kai!!!

See how empty this thread is!!!

This shows how USELESS the Governor is....

If this thread was about Aregbesola, Amosun or Fashola you'll see how Dayo, Rhino, Geez, Seanet01, Naptu2, Gbawe, Demdem, Eko-Ole etc will be celebrating, while the flat-headed, akpu-chopping folks will be spewing their usual negativity and inferiority complex...

T.A. Orji just like Uduaghan is a rejected Vulture.....

SMH...

You should be watching Penguin of Madagascar by now. Oya go to the children's room.
Re: Abia To Explore Investment Opportunities With Thailand by Nobody: 9:31pm On Feb 08, 2013
hugafella: This Abia governor is a very big liar and is so hated in Abia state.[b] As the worst governor in Nigeria[/b], ask yourself why he frustrated Aba, a well known haven for industrious and enterprising youth in the South East. Aba roads became gutters and he was even stoned when he went to campaign there. It took protests from within and outside Abia state to get the clown to start his trademark mediocre repair work there. Umuahia remains the same as 10 years ago. So is this the kind of chatacter that wants to do bilateral business with thailand? What annoys me the most is that stupid smile on his face. Makes him look like an slowpoke.

@bolded and struck through.
This should read ' AS THE WORST GOVERNOR IN HUMAN HISTORY'.

Please take correction, don't be-little him. He holds human history award and not national award.
Re: Abia To Explore Investment Opportunities With Thailand by Meringe(m): 10:01pm On Feb 08, 2013
jusRadical:

@bolded and struck through.
This should read ' AS THE WORST GOVERNOR IN HUMAN HISTORY'.

Please take correction, don't be-little him. He holds human history award and not national award.

Rather a wasted sperm!
He should be exchange wit an Ewu Awusa. The latter will be better,at least to eat the graSses.
Re: Abia To Explore Investment Opportunities With Thailand by mrvictor: 11:50pm On Feb 08, 2013
The worst governor that is and will ever be in the history of eastern Nigeria. T.A Orji destroyed business in Aba & Abia in general. At one time, he sacked non-indigenous Igbos from the state. Now brainlessly, he is to partner with Thailand... I mean divert money to Thailand. Fix your state, partner with those languishing talents in Aba, make the environment conducive for business...You don't need Thailand, aturu!
Re: Abia To Explore Investment Opportunities With Thailand by PROUDIGBO(m): 2:39am On Feb 09, 2013
Hehehehehe grin grin grin

All this abuse you all are heaping on Orjis' head is like water off a ducks back, trust me. I've been there....done it, and have realised it's all a bit pointless and he doesn't seem to give a shi/t; if anything, the abuse and curses -for some funny reason- seem to give the man extra power! undecided So -hard as it may be- i've learned to search for the little positives, and see the Abian glass as half full rather than half empty.
Re: Abia To Explore Investment Opportunities With Thailand by Abagworo(m): 7:46am On Feb 09, 2013
PROUD-IGBO:
Hehehehehe grin grin grin

All this abuse you all are heaping on Orjis' head is like water off a ducks back, trust me. I've been there....done it, and have realised it's all a bit pointless and he doesn't seem to give a shi/t; if anything, the abuse and curses -for some funny reason- seem to give the man extra power! undecided So -hard as it may be- i've learned to search for the little positives, and see the Abian glass as half full rather than half empty.

Whether we like it or not, a lot of economic growth has been recorded in Abia under this administration. I don't know if the Governor deserves the credit though. I must hint however that people tend to overlook his success in ending kidnapping and reducing crime to its barest minimum.

Even when the largest malting plant in Africa was commissioned by Orji in Aba, most people were still abusing him but I've seen where people count FDI's as achievements of a Governor.

I've not been to Abia State since 2011, so I can't really tell the exact state of infrastructure in the State but I've never known Aba as a beautiful city but the houses are fantastically arranged in a perfect straight line and usually 2 to 6 storey buildings, no greenery, road markings and the roads are usually sandy(as can be seen on the pictures). So the truth is that Aba has always had bad roads from time immemorial and it didn't start with Orji's administration.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Rock On:- How To Recieve Your Own 120gb From Etisalat Free / Buhari Ogoni: Fast Track Orders Exposed / This New Photo Of President Buhari And VP Osinbajo Is Really Nice!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.