Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,152 members, 7,818,474 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:48 PM

What Is The Positive Impact Of A Negative Relationship? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Is The Positive Impact Of A Negative Relationship? (111 Views)

Isn't That A Negative Pregnancy Test? The Pharmacy Guy I Bought This From Said I / The Pessimism Of Distance Relationship- A Negative Mindset / How Do You Do Deal With A Negative, Critical Person, Who You Must Relate With? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Positive Impact Of A Negative Relationship? by Ayietim(m): 6:28pm On Apr 14
This is a true life example of a negative relationship that made a positive impact on the life Charles (not real name).

Charles’ story in his words:

It was a relationship I believed would lead to marriage and a long term mutual satisfaction.

So, I gave it my all.

I invested a significant portion of my time, resources and heart in it. I did everything humanly possible to build the relationship and to suggest to my partners that I was in it for the long term but all my efforts were fruitless.

There were frequent fights which were mostly caused by my partner. She was in the habit of making a mountain out of the tiniest mole hill.

A harmless funny comment made in moments of good times together would give birth to endless nagging. Those fault-finding would leave me wondering if all was well with her.

In such moments, I would be caught between ignoring her and doing everything to bring happiness and peace back. None worked.

She would interpret ignoring her unnerving complaining to mean that you think, “She is a fool.” This would get her more upset and bring out the worst invectives I have ever heard.

Trying to calm her down by telling her, “It was just a joke”, would cause her to start smashing pieces of furniture in sight.

The reasonable only option I had was to hope and pray that such bad moments roll by “quickly”.

These frequent quarrels kept me awake several nights. I came up with ideas to make her quarrel less and begin to invest the same amount of energy and resources in the relationship.

And maybe I hoped, such ideas could make her believe that at the end, everything was going to be fine for both of us. None worked.

After three years, it ended. We both went our separate ways.

The relationship made one big positive impact on me. Which is, that it takes the same level of commitment and equal amount of investment by partners, to make a relationship work for them.”

https://ayipost.com/blog/f/what-is-the-positive-impact-of-a-negative-relationship?blogcategory=Relationships

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Positive Impact Of A Negative Relationship? by Solofresh2: 6:31pm On Apr 14
Omo me I don't know oo

(1) (Reply)

Tjhtyjkytkuykuy / Cgnb Tjrt J5ed6 U5ry / Is Parenting Selfish? | Ep. 92

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.