Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,667 members, 7,816,746 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:14 PM

What If A Girl Proposes Marriage To You? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What If A Girl Proposes Marriage To You? (7482 Views)

PHOTOS: Guy Proposes Marriage To His Girlfriend Despite Her Face Was Disfigured / Married Folks: Is Oral Se.x Neccessary In A Marriage To Build Trust And Love? / Definition Of Marriage To You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What If A Girl Proposes Marriage To You? by kimba(m): 5:04pm On Mar 15, 2006
EH, if a girl proposes, whats wrong with that.

I will conclude that anyone(male/female) who would see a situation where a girl proposes to a guy as strange, is definitely in the stone age.

You know, some guys are extra "meek" nowadays. So i believe if a lady sees what she likes, cmon girl, go get it.

Yes, there are many fishes in the sea, but there is no other fish exactly like the one you want to catch, so rather than settling for something less/other than what you want, you better open your mouth and propose, abi ladies, what du u think, but not to directly on the other hand o, because a guy thats too shy to say "I love you", even if you know he really does, and by the time you say, , "are you thinking of marrying me", he might be too scared to jump out of his skin, so ladies, you should find some lady-like-extra-sweet-and-caring-salted-and-peppered way of putting it to him.
Re: What If A Girl Proposes Marriage To You? by Rhea(f): 5:08pm On Mar 15, 2006
Traditionally, men do the proposing.

However if she pops the question first, and she's Miss Right, then why not.

I just hope that doesn't mean I get to change my surname to hers grin
Re: What If A Girl Proposes Marriage To You? by whoknoxluv(m): 8:23am On Mar 16, 2006
I will say there is no new thing under the heaven for a lady to propose to a man i don't see it as something big.It is said that if "Mohammed refuse to go to mountain, mountain will go to Mohammed"
It is another way of saying that Men are superb so i always love the move and even will love to experience it men if any lady wants to do it with me let her mail this ad ftngl@yahoo.com
Re: What If A Girl Proposes Marriage To You? by Farriel(m): 11:05am On Mar 16, 2006
Actually, I think it screams desperation like someone earlier pointed out but my girlfriend, just before leaving for her NYSC orientation camp did it and it didn't sound desperate at the time.

She just said she expected her engagement ring as soon as she returns from camp and then the big one soon after her service period. I kind of enjoyed it even. She didn't leave with any ring as I didn't give her any, but I just think it's cool if a girl initiates talks of marriage but mind you, this has got to be in a relationship fused with love.

Not just coming across a girl who's seen better days and is anxious to clinch a man before the last of her youthfulness fades inexorably away, pop a question that serious.
Re: What If A Girl Proposes Marriage To You? by decency(f): 4:32pm On Mar 16, 2006
[b]@farriel
Not just coming across a girl who's seen better days and is anxious to clinch a man before the last of her youthfulness fades inexorably away, pop a question that serious.[/b]are u trying to say dat dis girl has seen better days ?, yet u deemed it fit to make her your girl friend during ur service year , if u never told her dat u really loved and wished dat de love will never end , she wud never hv implied proposal of marriage to u , but u saw her as a dumping ground , fucking her as it pleases u , ummmm , well just know dat one day u will get married to someone who hv been so bleeped dat u cannot even decode it grin grin grin. well back to de topic some men like to just till de ground for eternity without getting to cultivate it , in dat case dey love tilling , so the fucking land got to be cultivated anyway.de lady can ask de tiller to cultivate b4 de ground looses its fertility. grin grin grin
Re: What If A Girl Proposes Marriage To You? by toshmann(m): 4:47pm On Mar 16, 2006
mamaput:

No wounder
anyway i was me that asked my husband "so when are we getting married"
I was me that told him I want to be married be4 the baby comes .
On christmas day he gave me the ring in march we got married.
Ten years later it was me that ended it all. I told him "no do no can do so please go"

mamaput nawa o. na so u dey hire and fire husbands (and possibly numerous boyfriends) grin grin grin grin
Re: What If A Girl Proposes Marriage To You? by mamaput(f): 5:02pm On Mar 16, 2006
I am just thinking about one Abba song

"Men are the toys in the game that you play when you get tired you throw them away its only natural but::::"
Re: What If A Girl Proposes Marriage To You? by otokx(m): 7:00pm On Mar 16, 2006
i'll ask her to bring her CV; then we have to set up an e-meeting to critically examine issues.
Re: What If A Girl Proposes Marriage To You? by freddie1(m): 9:01pm On Mar 17, 2006
i will just agree one time!
Re: What If A Girl Proposes Marriage To You? by pearl2(m): 11:31pm On Mar 18, 2006
If I like her, I'll say yes,If I dont 'no'.
It's as simple as that,just the way they make their choice when they're proposed to.
Re: What If A Girl Proposes Marriage To You? by larger20(m): 12:34am On Mar 19, 2006
It depends on ur status to the society, if u know that u r hot, and can easily get a girl, or maybe she has seen u with hot girls before then that is understandable, but if u r ugly wack and poor dude, hmm something is fishy there and u better find urself
Re: What If A Girl Proposes Marriage To You? by toshmann(m): 1:14pm On Mar 19, 2006
@ mamaput

grin grin grin grin mamaput nawa o grin grin grin grin
Re: What If A Girl Proposes Marriage To You? by tipsy289(m): 8:51pm On Mar 19, 2006
Nah its kinda of embarrasing,Guys do ur thing,the girl is just meant 2 give u a sign if u actin slow.There is no need for anyone 2 know who proposed 2 so if u in love, iit doesn't matter.
Re: What If A Girl Proposes Marriage To You? by Zahymaka(m): 10:40pm On Mar 19, 2006
I'm a proponent of gender equality and I think that's one thing I'd love. Society is just all about stereotypes nowadays -- which I don't think should be so.

I feel it's a bit unfair that girls [especially pretty ones] learn to say no earlly on in their lives because they're continually badgered by requests. Boys on the other hand, are free -- except when they're so cute or so famous [unlike me] that girls can't keep their hands off them.

This is a thorny issue but I think a girl isn't being "too forward" if she asks you out for a drink or even to marry her. It's a question of mutual attraction. I think the the g.uys here are scared because they've never really been faced with such decisions [as girls have]. Get used to it -- when a woman asks you to marry her, it's either yes, no or "i'll think about it." Don't run away [I suppose if you asked a girl that and she walked away, you'd be real upset].
Re: What If A Girl Proposes Marriage To You? by Maxflame(m): 11:31pm On Mar 19, 2006
They propose first most times, they just use another language, body language. . . wink
Re: What If A Girl Proposes Marriage To You? by stormz(m): 5:50pm On Mar 20, 2006
one of my friendz proposed to me last year
i was flabberghasted
Re: What If A Girl Proposes Marriage To You? by toshmann(m): 7:00pm On Mar 20, 2006
please i need to get married but i'm shy,i cant talk to women and i need somebody to propose to me.please any fine girl interested in proposing to me? i can drop my cv later.

hey,mamaput, are you there? wink
Re: What If A Girl Proposes Marriage To You? by mamaput(f): 7:04pm On Mar 20, 2006
put an ad in the papers
Re: What If A Girl Proposes Marriage To You? by toshmann(m): 7:07pm On Mar 20, 2006
which papers do you read
Re: What If A Girl Proposes Marriage To You? by mamaput(f): 7:26pm On Mar 20, 2006
more German papers the local ones , but am not looking for husband,
I have spare boyfriend may start looking for real one soon. grin grin grin grin
Re: What If A Girl Proposes Marriage To You? by emmanuel10: 7:40am On Mar 21, 2006
[It is not a big problem and I wont count it as a sin to her.I will try to understand the fact behind her proposer and if it seem OK ,I will cooperate.
Re: What If A Girl Proposes Marriage To You? by toshmann(m): 10:56pm On Mar 24, 2006
mamaput:

more German papers the local ones , but am not looking for husband,
I have spare boyfriend may start looking for real one soon. grin grin grin grin

mamaput na wa oo grin grin grin
Re: What If A Girl Proposes Marriage To You? by Bright2(m): 11:45pm On Mar 25, 2006
4 me, it's no big deal afterall 60% of marriage proposals are bein made by ladies some direct & indirect ways.some ladies hook it up 2ru de mans parent while some 2ru de mans friends. So it's either yes or no.
Re: What If A Girl Proposes Marriage To You? by opeemi1(m): 5:19pm On Mar 28, 2006
OH BOY,the girl must be really boxed up(as she got lots of money),well if I were the guy I ask for reasons that I know can hold me to the proposal of her wanting to marry me.And if I see that irrelevant things I will simply backup .
Re: What If A Girl Proposes Marriage To You? by Grizzly(m): 4:52pm On Apr 01, 2006
So whats the Proposition gonna look like? i mean the question the gurlie is gon be asking the guyy.? would it be: Would u marry me? or i'll like us to get married, or I want to marry U. lipsrsealed oops! The last question sounds so wrong grin
Re: What If A Girl Proposes Marriage To You? by eveseh(f): 8:25pm On Apr 27, 2006
if i was a man,i'll agree cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: What If A Girl Proposes Marriage To You? by mukina2: 8:27pm On Apr 27, 2006
wats wrong wit that offcourse guys wud agree tho grin grin grin grin
Re: What If A Girl Proposes Marriage To You? by larger20(m): 1:03pm On Apr 28, 2006
mukina2:

wats wrong wit that offcourse guys would agree tho grin grin grin grin

Not really , sex likley but marriage, only a foolish guy will agree on a spot even after knowing the girl for a while
Re: What If A Girl Proposes Marriage To You? by queenjulie(f): 5:02am On Aug 25, 2006
is it really bad if the girl proposes to the guy because the guy just won't do it and the girl wants to get married and she is sick of looking at her dress everyday when she wakes up in the morning i mean come on i am tired of waiting for mhim to ask me can i just ask hm and i fi do ask him do i have to give him a ring or do i just ask him?? how does that work please someone help me??
Re: What If A Girl Proposes Marriage To You? by iice(f): 5:47am On Aug 25, 2006
Well if she proposes good for her but me no fit grin
Re: What If A Girl Proposes Marriage To You? by Nobody: 1:31am On Aug 26, 2006
i will tell my brother to say no and to alway run whenever he such a girl cos that kind of lady is no in her nomal sences
Re: What If A Girl Proposes Marriage To You? by EmemJU(f): 10:28am On Aug 26, 2006
If a lady can ask for divorce, I don't see why she can't indicate she wants marriage. Tho a girl feels thrilled and even giddy to be asked.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Moving To Separate Rooms After Many Years Of Marriage / I Don't Know If My Husband Is Cheating On Me / My Friend's Future In-Laws Live In Kaduna, How Safe Are The Roads?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.