Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,225 members, 7,829,376 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:40 AM

Oil Bunkering Led To Okuama Killing Of 17 Soldiers - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oil Bunkering Led To Okuama Killing Of 17 Soldiers (62903 Views)

Militant Group Suspected Of Okuama Killing Begs For Waterways Security Contract / Okuama Killing: President Tinubu Issues A Public Statement (pic) / 17 Soldiers Killed On Bama-Gwoza Highway, Scores Abducted In Boko Haram Attack (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oil Bunkering Led To Okuama Killing Of 17 Soldiers by BeardedMeat(m): 5:24pm On Apr 16
Thazard:
Urhobo don suffer for this matter. E just pain me say we no retaliate. Fathers, Mothers,Brothers,Sisters and Children just wasted. Well, Fvck Up No Dey Sour!
So sorry bro. Imagine that.
Re: Oil Bunkering Led To Okuama Killing Of 17 Soldiers by BeardedMeat(m): 5:25pm On Apr 16
Melagros:
COMRADES, let's call a spade a spade, sometimes some of these security agencies collude with those oil bunkerers in the creeks to do the unholy act
Did you say sometimes? The military is involved all the way!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oil Bunkering Led To Okuama Killing Of 17 Soldiers by BeardedMeat(m): 5:27pm On Apr 16
PointZerom:
grin

If you no get liver stay off pill bunkery.
What I saw as a Hitman is the field baffles me and I fled to Lagos.
You say hitman? You were their hitman or what Baba?
Re: Oil Bunkering Led To Okuama Killing Of 17 Soldiers by PointZerom: 5:29pm On Apr 16
BeardedMeat:
You say hitman? You were their hitman or what Baba?

I don repent ooo! grin
Re: Oil Bunkering Led To Okuama Killing Of 17 Soldiers by BeardedMeat(m): 5:29pm On Apr 16
JoeEeL:

The army is past and parcel of illegal oil bunkering

Nigerians sympathising with them are so gullible, mostly Yorubas. Many Yorubas are simpletons. Jeez
You can't blame those yellow bars, 90% of them have never ventured out of their comfort zone.
Re: Oil Bunkering Led To Okuama Killing Of 17 Soldiers by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 5:30pm On Apr 16
Lanre1st:
But killing of innocent residents of Okuma community by Army is bad, since they know the party involved in the feud, they should go after them
#international criminal court of Justice
Re: Oil Bunkering Led To Okuama Killing Of 17 Soldiers by ussv: 5:33pm On Apr 16
Ofcourse na ! Wetin wan cause am before ? Abi na high cost of ?
Re: Oil Bunkering Led To Okuama Killing Of 17 Soldiers by PointZerom: 5:35pm On Apr 16
BeardedMeat:
Did you say sometimes? The military is involved all the way!

Military especially Navy.
Governors.
Traditional rulers.
Village heads.
DPOs.

Then comes the men at the gate (militants).

It's like a cartel where every rule and agreement must be kept. Watching your back is what you must do diligently.

No forgiveness for any opposing human or group.

Let me stop here.

1 Like

Re: Oil Bunkering Led To Okuama Killing Of 17 Soldiers by BeardedMeat(m): 5:36pm On Apr 16
PointZerom:

Military especially Navy.
Governors.
Traditional rulers.
Village heads.
DPOs.

Then comes the men at the gate (militants).

It's like a cartel where every rule and agreement must be kept. Watching your back is what you must do diligently.

No forgiveness for any opposing human or group.

Let me stop here.
You see..
Re: Oil Bunkering Led To Okuama Killing Of 17 Soldiers by BeardedMeat(m): 5:37pm On Apr 16
PointZerom:

I don repent ooo! grin

Nothing do you Baba.
Re: Oil Bunkering Led To Okuama Killing Of 17 Soldiers by PointZerom: 5:39pm On Apr 16
BeardedMeat:
You see..

Where did Asari make his money?
When I was with them I almost lost my life.

O boy, in two months you're already made but your body go done.

2 Likes

Re: Oil Bunkering Led To Okuama Killing Of 17 Soldiers by Kei144(m): 5:41pm On Apr 16
The villagers didn't do it. But they were punished very severely. Why should our comrades be killed in your village?

2 Likes

Re: Oil Bunkering Led To Okuama Killing Of 17 Soldiers by Acidosis(m): 5:43pm On Apr 16
Is anyone surprised??
Re: Oil Bunkering Led To Okuama Killing Of 17 Soldiers by Skty: 5:54pm On Apr 16
jchioma:
The illegal oil cartel in the Niger Delta comprises influential Nigerians and foreigners, including top military operators, government officials, highly-placed and retired oil industry players, politicians and business persons, and they are the financiers of oil bunkering syndicates, which over the years have plunged the country’s economy in the abyss of decline. There will be no end to this racket till end of time. The soldiers were mere collateral damage in the spill over of different interests fighting for resources in the Niger Delta. .

This infact is the summary

2 Likes

Re: Oil Bunkering Led To Okuama Killing Of 17 Soldiers by Skty: 5:54pm On Apr 16
PointZerom:

How from juju? Not sleeping or fighting?
Re: Oil Bunkering Led To Okuama Killing Of 17 Soldiers by BeardedMeat(m): 5:56pm On Apr 16
PointZerom:

Things dey happen in the dark my brother.
Re: Oil Bunkering Led To Okuama Killing Of 17 Soldiers by GodThankYou: 5:57pm On Apr 16
pretydiva:
This tompolo behaves like he owns the whole of Niger delta.

When the govt are really ready,then this illegal oil bunkering will be a thing of the past

Nb: my small head almost exploded while reading the post cry.
dey play… a corrupt government can never be really ready, their hands a tighed
Re: Oil Bunkering Led To Okuama Killing Of 17 Soldiers by cybriz82(m): 6:46pm On Apr 16
That dude was smart he quickly came online to do a video so the whole cn know d truth before them kpai am..atlis evn if they kpai d guy now d whole world haz already know d truth..
Re: Oil Bunkering Led To Okuama Killing Of 17 Soldiers by Emman08: 6:48pm On Apr 16
alphaNomega:

as in eh... people died while stealing crude oil dem dey call them heroes.

Honestly. No wonder there was the whole charade to honour them.
Re: Oil Bunkering Led To Okuama Killing Of 17 Soldiers by BrokenCondom: 6:52pm On Apr 16
Blitzerz:

An issue that took many lives?

Overflogged?

Una well so?
No
Re: Oil Bunkering Led To Okuama Killing Of 17 Soldiers by UnabashedIPOB: 6:57pm On Apr 16
I knew that your COWARDLY terrorists in military uniforms are NOT to be trusted or believed. I commented on this issue when the military issued a statement about the incident and warned the public NOT to trust the military because they lied about everything. Now, it's obvious that they are justifying the lack of trust. If you trust and believe the terrorists in military uniforms, you do so at your peril! Enough said!!

1 Like

Re: Oil Bunkering Led To Okuama Killing Of 17 Soldiers by Kasdat5(m): 7:25pm On Apr 16
alphaNomega:

this is all you need to know

Thanks , waiter plz give this gentle man a plate of asun & 2bottles of chilled stout .
Re: Oil Bunkering Led To Okuama Killing Of 17 Soldiers by jojothaiv(m): 7:48pm On Apr 16
EnglishUsa:
We are the problem of ourselves in this country
Re: Oil Bunkering Led To Okuama Killing Of 17 Soldiers by Rumundele(m): 8:08pm On Apr 16
Government is not doing enough to bring those cartels to their knees
They are very influential and dangerous. They don't think twice in eliminating anyone that comes against their business
Re: Oil Bunkering Led To Okuama Killing Of 17 Soldiers by lekyar(m): 8:31pm On Apr 16
Joshcoli:
In summary, the conflict in the Niger Delta involving the killing of 17 soldiers stems from a feud between illegal oil bunkers, notably Endurance Okodeh alias Amangbein, and a powerful cartel led by ex-militant leader Government Ekpemukpolo alias Tompolo. The dispute is intertwined with a land conflict between Okuama and Okoloba communities, exacerbated by the alleged involvement of ex-NIMASA boss Patrick Akpobolokemi, who is accused of building a mansion on disputed land.

The illegal oil cartel, comprising influential individuals including top military operators, politicians, and businessmen, orchestrates oil theft from major pipelines with insider assistance, causing significant damage to the economy. Despite government efforts, the cartel continues to operate with impunity, shielded by connections and corrupt practices.

The involvement of Tompolo's private security company, Tantita, in supplying a speed boat used by the slain soldiers raises questions about his connection to the incident. However, Tompolo has remained silent on the matter, leaving speculation about his involvement. Meanwhile, activists criticize government ineffectiveness in tackling oil theft, attributing the persistence of the issue to the powerful cartel's operations and protection.

Overall, the conflict underscores the complex web of interests and corruption fueling illegal oil activities in the Niger Delta, posing challenges to security and economic stability in the region.

Succinct and precise summary. Kudos learned postee.
Re: Oil Bunkering Led To Okuama Killing Of 17 Soldiers by lekyar(m): 8:32pm On Apr 16
Joshcoli:
In summary, the conflict in the Niger Delta involving the killing of 17 soldiers stems from a feud between illegal oil bunkers, notably Endurance Okodeh alias Amangbein, and a powerful cartel led by ex-militant leader Government Ekpemukpolo alias Tompolo. The dispute is intertwined with a land conflict between Okuama and Okoloba communities, exacerbated by the alleged involvement of ex-NIMASA boss Patrick Akpobolokemi, who is accused of building a mansion on disputed land.

The illegal oil cartel, comprising influential individuals including top military operators, politicians, and businessmen, orchestrates oil theft from major pipelines with insider assistance, causing significant damage to the economy. Despite government efforts, the cartel continues to operate with impunity, shielded by connections and corrupt practices.

The involvement of Tompolo's private security company, Tantita, in supplying a speed boat used by the slain soldiers raises questions about his connection to the incident. However, Tompolo has remained silent on the matter, leaving speculation about his involvement. Meanwhile, activists criticize government ineffectiveness in tackling oil theft, attributing the persistence of the issue to the powerful cartel's operations and protection.

Overall, the conflict underscores the complex web of interests and corruption fueling illegal oil activities in the Niger Delta, posing challenges to security and economic stability in the region.

Succinct and precise summary. Kudos learned poster
Re: Oil Bunkering Led To Okuama Killing Of 17 Soldiers by MuslimIgbo: 8:44pm On Apr 16
Racoon:
It has been obvious from the beginning. The Army was complicit in this matter. There is no smoke without fire.
Point of correction, THE MILITARY, and not just the army.
Re: Oil Bunkering Led To Okuama Killing Of 17 Soldiers by OGHENAOGIE(m): 9:55pm On Apr 16
ecolime:
I read the entire writeup.

No substance in it. E no get head. E no get tail.

Just connotations and pieces of jargons.

Give us correct gist. We want to know the truth.
some people just want to justify the killing of the soldiers the write up get as e be but trust Nigerians to gloat at the death of military personnels

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oil Bunkering Led To Okuama Killing Of 17 Soldiers by maasoap(m): 9:58pm On Apr 16
Racoon:
It has been obvious from the beginning. The Army was complicit in this matter. There is no smoke without fire.
CodeTemplar:
... corrupt officers deserve no justice.

From the disjointed news I read above, I didn't see where the allegations of corruption or complicit were levelled against the military.
If they were invited to free the kidnapped victim, was that a crime, corruption or complicit? Why would Okuama youths kidnap a person and expect government to look on?
Does it matter if the military use their own boats or that of security outfit as long as it doesn't belong to militants?
No matter how much una try to twist this incident, Okuama community will pay for their atrocities for many years to come
Re: Oil Bunkering Led To Okuama Killing Of 17 Soldiers by Legendneverdies(m): 10:03pm On Apr 16
ecolime:
I read the entire writeup.

No substance in it. E no get head. E no get tail.

Just connotations and pieces of jargons.

Give us correct gist. We want to know the truth.
You have no Comprehension ability Such a detailed write Up you're saying Crap
Re: Oil Bunkering Led To Okuama Killing Of 17 Soldiers by maasoap(m): 10:10pm On Apr 16
Macphenson:
I knew the whe thing cannot be seperated from oil bunkering. Its too obvious.

The military claims the army went to settle community land dispute which is the work of the Police or even the DSS.

Not to settle but to maintain peace. Making sure that they don't start killing each other again.

Why are they using the speed boat of Tantita?

The most annoying aspect of this whole debacle is the Police handing over a suspect that voluntarily submitted himself to the Military for investigation.

The government ( both state and federal) didnt deem it fit uptill now to set up an independent panel of enquiry to unravel all the misery behind this incident.

It is well with this country.
Was that a crime, Mr?
Re: Oil Bunkering Led To Okuama Killing Of 17 Soldiers by Unrated900(m): 11:11pm On Apr 16
CodeTemplar:
... corrupt officers deserve no justice.

Why that words respect the dead naaaa

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Osinbajo Goes To Buy Ice Cream After Shettima Said He Should Sell Ice Cream / Trapped By Coronavirus, Nigeria’s Elite Faces Squalid Hospitals - Bloomberg / Lekki Toll Gate: Seyi Tinubu, Sunday Dare Exposed By Bank Documents - Peoples Ga

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.