Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,393 members, 7,815,839 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:17 PM

Married And In Friendship With The Opposite Sex - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Married And In Friendship With The Opposite Sex (24776 Views)

was I Wrong In Wanting To End Friendship With My Friend? / Married And Clubbing / Mention The Year You Will Like To Get Married And At What Age (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Married And In Friendship With The Opposite Sex by NewDea4: 6:28pm On Apr 18
LoveUdie:

Married people should avoid intimate friendship with the opposite sex! You read that right, close friendship with the opposite sex should be completely ruled out. Why? It's trickish. Things sometimes get out of hand, emotions explode and stories that touch the heart go viral. Heart shocking stories of celebrities, popular men of God, General Overseers, teachers, bosses, colleagues at work and social media friends often litter the places.

There is a thin line between platonic relationship and emotional entanglement. You don't plan affair, it just happens when rules are ignored, boundaries are over stepped and people start doing things they shouldn't be doing to their opposite sex friends for whatever reason under heaven!

How did the friendship start in the first place? Admiration, respect, preference and likeness. You like something about them, you prefer them, you think about them then make them your friend. You talk to each other, you emphasize the likes, something clicks in your heart and bonds you, you enjoy talking to them because they like you and give you attention.

You plan to meet them one on one, you loosen your guide. You don't mind if they hold your hands or hug you, you begin to hold hands and hug frequently, then regularly then you progressed, he strokes your hair because he likes it, you smiled, no big deal because you are "just" friends. He likes your face, then lips and he gave you a peck. His aim was really the lips but he decided to take things slow, next time it will be the lips and then, you are rolling in sheets totally engulfed in the fire of adultery!

You can't handle close friendship with the opposite sex! I don't know why we are so proud and stubborn in this part of the world, we hate correction. Anytime I speak against close opposite sex friendship in marriage, some naive people keep telling me they can handle it, no big deal until they lose their senses and their spouse boot them out of their lives.

You use the language in a beautiful way and your write-up is loaded with wisdom
Re: Married And In Friendship With The Opposite Sex by hardknocksng(m): 6:29pm On Apr 18
MuslimIgbo:
This only affects useless olosho girls with multiple BODYCOUNT before marriage the most.
Most guys knows how to set boundaries if they really love and respect thier wife.

In this generation, IT'S EXTREMELY DANGEROUS TO MARRY A NON-VIRGIN.

Most of these girls have dated numerous and different types of guys, including married men before marriage, THEY HAVE CHEATED IN ALMOST ALL THEIR RELATIONSHIPS, How do you think such girl will be loyal to one man in marriage?
YOU THINK A GIRL THAT HAS NO RESPECT FOR ANOTHER PERSON'S MARRIAGE AND DATED A MARRIED MAN WILL HAVE RESPECT FOR HER OWN MARRIAGE?
The craziest things with these types of witches is that, they are the ones that hate cheating the most and can kill a cheating partner.

Shut up!!

With your mouth here, we can tell you will never stay in a marriage talk more less in one relationship.

You’re too aggressive and arrogant for a man or woman to marry.

Just shut up 🀫
Re: Married And In Friendship With The Opposite Sex by hardknocksng(m): 6:31pm On Apr 18
Prolificgiant:
at least be a virgin first it saves us paternity fraud,it is expensive to raise another Man's children

When you marry a non virgin, make sure you go to series of pT test with her before knackinh her
Re: Married And In Friendship With The Opposite Sex by DeepSight(m): 6:37pm On Apr 18
MuslimIgbo:
This only affects useless olosho girls with multiple BODYCOUNT before marriage the most.
Most guys knows how to set boundaries if they really love and respect thier wife.

Most of these girls have dated numerous and different types of guys, including married men before marriage, THEY HAVE CHEATED IN ALMOST ALL THEIR RELATIONSHIPS, How do you think such girl will be loyal to one man in marriage?
YOU THINK A GIRL THAT HAS NO RESPECT FOR ANOTHER PERSON'S MARRIAGE AND DATED A MARRIED MAN WILL HAVE RESPECT FOR HER OWN MARRIAGE?
The craziest things with these types of witches is that, they are the ones that hate cheating the most and can kill a cheating partner.

Actually the virgin may still be sexually curious and thus adventure more than the ogbologbo who has seen it all.
Re: Married And In Friendship With The Opposite Sex by DeepSight(m): 6:39pm On Apr 18
[quote author=NewDea4 post=129510371]

You use the language in a beautiful way and your write-up is loaded with wisdom[/quoted]

This is a flirtatious pick up line.
Re: Married And In Friendship With The Opposite Sex by TheWinterBird(f): 6:48pm On Apr 18
MyExpression:

You see that work colleague, na there e dey happen.

I mentioned work colleagues due to work interactions and communication, both of which should be strictly work-related, and which should not be taken home either (e.g. one should not be chatting with a colleague after work hours, unless again it's work-related but that should be kept to a minimum when at home with one's family). Basically any interaction/communication with colleagues of the opposite sex should be done at work and for the purposes of work's objectives. Anything other than these should be a no-no.

2 Likes

Re: Married And In Friendship With The Opposite Sex by BigBashiru: 6:53pm On Apr 18
TheWinterBird:
Yep, I'm a big believer that married people should not have friends of the opposite sex. The only exceptions are work colleagues and your family members who are females, or males. I'm always annoyed and irritated when married men try to talk to me, like go chat with your wife, Sir.

That feels like prison. Married people should hv friends with the opposite sex
Re: Married And In Friendship With The Opposite Sex by Biggaboi(m): 6:56pm On Apr 18
You started with "married people" but ended up focusing on men as being the culprit as if women don't seduce men as well. That's biased.

1 Like

Re: Married And In Friendship With The Opposite Sex by Oluwazeezu(m): 6:58pm On Apr 18
no matter how well u think u can handle friendship with the opposite sex it will get to certain stage where it will be difficult to control

e go just happen like play
Re: Married And In Friendship With The Opposite Sex by MuslimIgbo: 7:08pm On Apr 18
DeepSight:

Actually the virgin may still be sexually curious and thus adventure more than the ogbologbo who has seen it all.
Dey play
In sexualities, NO ONE CAN SEE IT ALL?
Re: Married And In Friendship With The Opposite Sex by MuslimIgbo: 7:10pm On Apr 18
hardknocksng:

Shut up!!

With your mouth here, we can tell you will never stay in a marriage talk more less in one relationship.

You’re too aggressive and arrogant for a man or woman to marry.

Just shut up 🀫
Lol
Wey rey
How it paining you?
Leftover guy
Re: Married And In Friendship With The Opposite Sex by MuslimIgbo: 7:12pm On Apr 18
Onyedikachi231:

Evidence, source, etc

Without lies islam will die a natural death, even you know.

Why your prophet banned and killed his adopted son just snatch the wife he himself married for him.
So he killed him just to take his wife, chai!
A worthless blood thirty demon is your prophet.
See Deranged fooI asking me for evidence grin
I'm sure that noodles have replaced the grey matter in your head.
The nonsense you're writing here, can you provide authentic evidence?
Bloody senseless confused fooI grin
Osu alusi mumu
Re: Married And In Friendship With The Opposite Sex by hardknocksng(m): 7:13pm On Apr 18
MuslimIgbo:

Lol
Wey rey
How it paining you?
Leftover guy

Shut up
Re: Married And In Friendship With The Opposite Sex by seunayantokun(m): 7:23pm On Apr 18
The law of natural attraction is natural, and only self-deceivers play smart. Even the most disciplined in that kind of relationship will be the available one when unavoidable down-down moments come. You are married? Draw the line and stay off. You are not married and you don't see anything wrong with it? As a parasite, you may be ruined together with it.

2 Likes

Re: Married And In Friendship With The Opposite Sex by NNicewitchh: 7:24pm On Apr 18
On point, discipline ought to be aligned with determination in our systems to evade such relationship between the married and singles in this part
Re: Married And In Friendship With The Opposite Sex by Offpoint1: 7:36pm On Apr 18
NothingDoMe:
Agreed. Women read men very well. Im sure she saw no green lights and remained in her lane.

I can assure you she's pissed at you for not making a move for a whole two weeks. πŸ˜„
Lol πŸ˜‚ she wasn't...
But another one did... I spent weekend at her place and made zero moved... I left on Monday, for 3 days she didn't call me or talk to me. This is someone that calls me everyday o.

When I tried to enquired about my wrong doings, first message she sent was "Are you impotent or I'm ugly"? πŸ˜‚
Omo I was shocked, I no answer that question but I knew where she was going πŸ˜‚
Re: Married And In Friendship With The Opposite Sex by MumEmdy(f): 7:38pm On Apr 18
TheWinterBird:
Yep, I'm a big believer that married people should not have friends of the opposite sex. The only exceptions are work colleagues and your family members who are females, or males. I'm always annoyed and irritated when married men try to talk to me, like go chat with your wife, Sir.

I kept Wondering what exactly I will be discussing with the opposite sex to the extend of being close friend with one as a married woman?

2 Likes

Re: Married And In Friendship With The Opposite Sex by OBTOREPA(m): 7:39pm On Apr 18
shaybebaby:

Mind the business that pays you.
He wants to spoil your business I guess.
Re: Married And In Friendship With The Opposite Sex by shaybebaby(f): 7:42pm On Apr 18
OBTOREPA:

He wants to spoil your business I guess.
The delulu is strong in you.
Re: Married And In Friendship With The Opposite Sex by NewDea4: 7:56pm On Apr 18
DeepSight:

Absolutely not bra, I am not at all gay
Re: Married And In Friendship With The Opposite Sex by Anashe: 7:59pm On Apr 18
MuslimIgbo:
Most guys knows how to set boundaries if they really love and respect their wife.

YOU THINK A GIRL THAT HAS NO RESPECT FOR ANOTHER PERSON'S MARRIAGE AND DATED MARRIED MEN FREELY WILL HAVE RESPECT FOR HER OWN MARRIAGE?
The craziest thing with these types of witches and unfortunate human.beings is that, they are the ones that hate cheating the most and can kill their partner for cheating.

You better see a psychiatrist and go along with everyone else who liked your comment. Form a support group.

1 Like

Re: Married And In Friendship With The Opposite Sex by femi4: 8:09pm On Apr 18
LoveUdie:

Married people should avoid intimate friendship with the opposite sex! You read that right, close friendship with the opposite sex should be completely ruled out. Why? It's trickish. Things sometimes get out of hand, emotions explode and stories that touch the heart go viral. Heart shocking stories of celebrities, popular men of God, General Overseers, teachers, bosses, colleagues at work and social media friends often litter the places.

There is a thin line between platonic relationship and emotional entanglement. You don't plan affair, it just happens when rules are ignored, boundaries are over stepped and people start doing things they shouldn't be doing to their opposite sex friends for whatever reason under heaven!

How did the friendship start in the first place? Admiration, respect, preference and likeness. You like something about them, you prefer them, you think about them then make them your friend. You talk to each other, you emphasize the likes, something clicks in your heart and bonds you, you enjoy talking to them because they like you and give you attention.

You plan to meet them one on one, you loosen your guide. You don't mind if they hold your hands or hug you, you begin to hold hands and hug frequently, then regularly then you progressed, he strokes your hair because he likes it, you smiled, no big deal because you are "just" friends. He likes your face, then lips and he gave you a peck. His aim was really the lips but he decided to take things slow, next time it will be the lips and then, you are rolling in sheets totally engulfed in the fire of adultery!

You can't handle close friendship with the opposite sex! I don't know why we are so proud and stubborn in this part of the world, we hate correction. Anytime I speak against close opposite sex friendship in marriage, some naive people keep telling me they can handle it, no big deal until they lose their senses and their spouse boot them out of their lives.
I did for 10yrs, no issue. Preach self control. You can't rule out such friendship if you work closely on a similar project for several years in your office, church etc. You won't even remember that you are dealing with the opposite sex cos your mind has developed not to see her in a romantic way

1 Like

Re: Married And In Friendship With The Opposite Sex by MuslimIgbo: 8:24pm On Apr 18
Anashe:

You better see a psychiatrist and go along with everyone else who liked your comment. Form a support group.
Wey rey
Frustrated pained leftover and used product spotted.
What's your BODYCOUNT now?
Are you proud of yourself?
Do you think you deserve a good husband or fidelity in your marriage?
Re: Married And In Friendship With The Opposite Sex by NothingDoMe: 8:39pm On Apr 18
Offpoint1:

Lol πŸ˜‚ she wasn't...
But another one did... I spent weekend at her place and made zero moved... I left on Monday, for 3 days she didn't call me or talk to me. This is someone that calls me everyday o.

When I tried to enquired about my wrong doings, first message she sent was "Are you impotent or I'm ugly"? πŸ˜‚
Omo I was shocked, I no answer that question but I knew where she was going πŸ˜‚
🀣🀣🀣🀣
Re: Married And In Friendship With The Opposite Sex by TheWinterBird(f): 8:55pm On Apr 18
BigBashiru:

That feels like prison. Married people should hv friends with the opposite sex
How does not chatting with women (other than your wife) for personal friendships feel like prison? If that is too much for you to NOT do, then your type has no business being married.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Married And In Friendship With The Opposite Sex by TheWinterBird(f): 8:56pm On Apr 18
MumEmdy:

I kept Wondering what exactly I will be discussing with the opposite sex to the extend of being close friend with one as a married woman?
Thank you ooo.

1 Like

Re: Married And In Friendship With The Opposite Sex by BRATISLAVA: 9:02pm On Apr 18
Fiscus105:

Must you marry?

Are you virgin urself?

Are you not too aggressive for someone to leave the rest of her life with?

Please, ask that mo_ron some more. All these angry economically disadvantaged boys don't want to improve themselves. Rather they want to put down women to feel good.

Any woman/girl with him needs saving.

1 Like

Re: Married And In Friendship With The Opposite Sex by BRATISLAVA: 9:05pm On Apr 18
Yadid:

It is better to say so little to show that you know so much, rather than say so much to show that you know so little. Are you always this grumpy and disgruntled? You can't have a conversation without insults? Did I insult you in anyway in my submission? My bad! I assumed that people are often rational, forgetting that there always exceptions. "Wise" man with "common sense", may you find peace sir.

You couldn't have said it better. The person is uncouth and uncultured.

Women trigger MuslimIgbo. He's probably mosdii/savetgeday/kriss/zonedree

2 Likes

Re: Married And In Friendship With The Opposite Sex by Medici777: 9:14pm On Apr 18
LoveUdie:

I don’t even like my woman, gf or not, to have a female bestie.
Re: Married And In Friendship With The Opposite Sex by descarado: 9:15pm On Apr 18
femi4:
I did for 10yrs, no issue. Preach self control. You can't rule out such friendship if you work closely on a similar project for several years in your office, church etc. You won't even remember that you are dealing with the opposite sex cos your mind has developed not to see her in a romantic way
Thank you darling.

I don't know what is happening to people these days.
Why won't one make friends with opposite sex.
Re: Married And In Friendship With The Opposite Sex by drlateef: 9:20pm On Apr 18
DyingFetus:
How does this affect the cost of beans and rice??

You can turn towards yaba left, go ask the inmates at yaba left. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚. Obi did the same thing you know?
Re: Married And In Friendship With The Opposite Sex by UnproudLife: 9:24pm On Apr 18
Say no, the woman I'm stuck with no wan behave. I don wipe my hand comot from "No cheating". Fine boy like me wey no broke and women dey drool with huge gbola. Omo, I will not die sorrowful with this terrible kinda fellows. Omo po!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why I Cheated On My Husband / Should I Renovate Our Family House? / How Much Respect Can A Woman Who Earns Higher Than Her Husband Give?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.