Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,167 members, 7,845,835 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 05:52 AM

earn 300% - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / earn 300% (5568 Views)

Pro-nigerian Igbos And Easterners / Anambra People And The Whole Of Easterners Get Reaaadddy And Prepare For War!!! / We Are Not Easterners Anymore! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: earn 300% by Nchara: 7:16pm On Nov 19, 2011
asha 80:

anambra is a bit more thickly populated than imo and abia so it is the same thing.however you know how land issues are in the south east.you really have to negotiate with the owners(both individual and communities) to get land there.

Where I come from, you hardly find community agricultural land. Every arable lands, even forests, are privately owned
Re: earn 300% by asha80(m): 7:19pm On Nov 19, 2011
Nchara:

Where I come from, you hardly find[b] community agricultural land.[/b] Every arable lands, even forests, are privately owned

what i mean is unused land not necessarily agricultural land.
Re: earn 300% by Onlytruth(m): 7:21pm On Nov 19, 2011
Posted by: Nchara

There is land shortage, as supported by many qualified studies. [b]A simple look in a Nigerian map will answer your question too. [/b]In addition, it is worsened by land fragmentation pattern which works against mechanized agriculture. Igbos have enough land for subsistence agriculture but not enough for large-scale mechanized ventures. Those so-called idle land you see in Anambra, Enugu, Ebonyi  are how many in terms of hectarage compared to similarly idle land in the North and SW?

The bolded is the problem! No one should take "a simple look" at the official map of Nigeria.
What I found on ground contradicts a lot of that map.
Again, no region can boast of a traditional large scale farming, or sustain infinite large scale farming. Land is not infinite anywhere. So you cannot say that Igbos are "forced" into subsistence farming because of land scarcity. Even if Igboland is as large as the North, Igbos practice subsistence farming traditionally. Large scale farming is new to Africa.
Re: earn 300% by Onlytruth(m): 7:22pm On Nov 19, 2011

There is land shortage, as supported by many qualified studies. [b]A simple look in a Nigerian map will answer your question too. [/b]In addition, it is worsened by land fragmentation pattern which works against mechanized agriculture. Igbos have enough land for subsistence agriculture but not enough for large-scale mechanized ventures. Those so-called idle land you see in Anambra, Enugu, Ebonyi  are how many in terms of hectarage compared to similarly idle land in the North and SW?

The bolded is the problem! No one should take "a simple look" at the official map of Nigeria.
Again, no region can boast of a traditional large scale farming, or sustain infinite large scale farming. Land is not infinite anywhere. So you cannot say that Igbos are "forced" into subsistence farming because of land scarcity. Even if Igboland is as large as the North, Igbos practice subsistence farming traditionally. Large scale farming is new to Africa.
Re: earn 300% by Nchara: 7:29pm On Nov 19, 2011
Onlytruth:

I am into these things so I know.  I know a couple of Igbos doing large-scale farming (mechanized) in other states. They went elsewhere because land is scarce hence expensive to acquire in Igboland. There is large-scale farming in the North than in Igboland, even by the illiterate farmers. It is a matter of land availability. There is no part of Igboland that you will drive for up to 30 min without coming across a town or village. That is not the case going up North and going from Benin to Lagos where in some cases you can drive for hours.
Re: earn 300% by Onlytruth(m): 7:32pm On Nov 19, 2011
@Topic

I really think that Easterners/Igbos don't have any problem with farming or feeding themselves. I think that Igbos/Easterners are more diverse in their career pursuits. We have farmers and they are holding their own as already pointed out by others here. They are in the whole East. There are clustered areas of East/Igboland and there are also vast sparsely populated areas too. We have cities. We also have rural vegetative areas too. That is why you can still buy a plot of land for N100,000/plot in some parts of Igboland, while a similar plot can go as high as N20 million in another part of the same region. So, lets be real. We all shouldn't be farmers.
Re: earn 300% by Nchara: 7:35pm On Nov 19, 2011
Onlytruth:

@Topic

I really think that Easterners/Igbos don't have any problem with farming or feeding themselves. I think that Igbos/Easterners are more diverse in their career pursuits.

End of story, really. We Igbos are evenly spread in all human endeavours. Thanks.
Re: earn 300% by aljharem3: 7:47pm On Nov 19, 2011
Nchara:

End of story, really. We are evenly spread in all human endeavours. Thanks.

Is that not the same thing I was explaining to You ?

DUde grow up, your attitude on this thread irritating.
Re: earn 300% by aljharem3: 7:48pm On Nov 19, 2011
abouzaid:

@alh_harem, ka beri shi, you should not waste your energy arguing with an unrepentant ethnic bigot. @nchara nwoke m, kedu ife na eme gị? Jide onwe gị aka. What's my concern with rural sociology or agricultural economics? When have poultry stop being part of agric? You made a very sensible submission about the fragmentative land holding in igbo land and i supported you by saying that i have seen such in most parts of anambra. Asha80 also suggested that i could counter that obstacle by meeting the owners of the large tracts of unoccupied forestland in nsukka to acquire the land for mechanized farming of which i responded that i intend to do so at igbariam. What's there to fight about? Ok, suggest an appropriate title for the thread and i will rename it just to gain your peace. Jiri ya nwayo na onwero ife eji okwu na ụka eme

dan'uwa, Na gode.
Re: earn 300% by Nchara: 7:52pm On Nov 19, 2011
Re: earn 300% by Nchara: 8:01pm On Nov 19, 2011
The fact of land shortage in Igboland will become more apparent if Igboland becomes a country and needs to plan its land resources into parks, natural reserve areas, agricultural land, industrial land, residential land, school and government office spaces, etc. Then, it will be obvious that we lack it and need to maximize the available space.
Re: earn 300% by chriswu(m): 5:54pm On Jan 03, 2017
The fact is many igbo people became sucessful by doing things unrelated to farming hence the deviation of people from farming.
Re: earn 300% by Eastactivist: 5:58pm On Jan 03, 2017
abouzaid:
I have noticed how self styled biafrans have invaded all the nigerian electronic and print media often boasting of their ingenuity in weapon design or mathematics while the other tribes are nothing but beggars and terrorists but the irony of the whole situation is that the east is fed today by the north they look down on. Igbo,efik,ibibio etc have all grown too lazy to grow their own food, the result is that any time there is crises upnorth, the prices of food stuffs in the east doubles two times, just by effecting a 30 months food blockade in the east during the civil war, millions died from starvation in biafra. I have no doubt that if all easterners should go back home and biafra declared, It will take only six months of food blockade to kill millions in biafra and they will still surrender with out nigeria firing a single shot. The east have enough landmass to feed it self. It have enough rainfall to farm through out the year without fear of crop failure due drought. For example, maize is grown two times a year in the east and while it's grown only once here in the north yet the east gets it's supply of maize from the north. Is farming a sin in the east or do they no longer have honour in honest labour? The anambra state goverment, a short while ago acquired large number of tractors for farmers free use and shared out an annual revolving loan of #100 million naira to rice farmers to booster rice farming only for the farmers to move to the cities with the money to set up shops as traders with no background knowledge what else in trading, the result is that most of them closed shop just after one year as traders and the loan was never repaid for other farmers benefit. This clearly demonstrates the warped mentality of the average easterner, looking down on agriculture as a career fit only for almajiris and aboki. The most puzzling thing is that the average igbo man or woman will always tell you that agriculture is a highly profitable business citing the high cost of food stuffs in the east as evidence yet him or her would never undertake it as a career. This lack of interest in agriculture is the reason why eastern cities are filled with armies of youths who unable to achieve their get rich quick targets resorts to crime and prostitution.what good is your talked about education if it can not put food on your table considering that food is the most basic need of man? The biafrans of today are clearly on a path  of self destruction if they should opt out of nigeria come the much prophesied year of 2015.( By east, i mean't the old eastern region and igbo speaking parts of delta and edo state)   

Is a different ball game now..
Come to Anambra now and you will be amazed of the turn around of events.
Before the civil war we earn most of our forex with agriculture and now Anambra is getting some of its forex from agro industries...
We have rain and arable land. Do invest in Anambra and have your returns in weeks. smiley
Re: earn 300% by darknetcom: 6:47pm On Jan 03, 2017
because they like scamming others.. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed..

scamming is a full time job,you know... lipsrsealed...
Re: earn 300% by midol: 9:22pm On Jan 03, 2017
We yoruba muslims that can farm why are we still crying of hunger in oshogno and queueing for 2kg of rice im ekiti? grin

1 Like

Re: earn 300% by najoke: 12:04am On Jan 04, 2017
midol:
[s]We yoruba muslims that can farm why are we still crying of hunger in oshogno and queueing for 2kg of rice im ekiti? grin[/s]

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ebomi Temple Dedicaion :prophecy For Nigeria And Mr PRECIDENT / Do You Know The REAL Sponsor Of Bokoharam? Read This To Know The Truth / See How Ogbeni Aregbesola Greeted Asiwaju Bola Tinubu; Respect Or Worship?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.