Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,074 members, 7,818,209 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:23 AM

See How Ogbeni Aregbesola Greeted Asiwaju Bola Tinubu; Respect Or Worship? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / See How Ogbeni Aregbesola Greeted Asiwaju Bola Tinubu; Respect Or Worship? (5557 Views)

Saraki, Dogara And Yari Greeted Buhari And Osinbajo (Photo) / See How Gov. Aregbesola Greeted Akire Of Ikire, Oba Olatunde Falabi / Ogbeni Aregbesola's Road infrastructure In Osun (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

See How Ogbeni Aregbesola Greeted Asiwaju Bola Tinubu; Respect Or Worship? by amodu(m): 1:10pm On Sep 06, 2016
I stumbled on this picture and was stunned at the greeting which brings about this question.

Officially, five years is the age difference and I don't think such will warrant this extensive greeting.

Asiwaju is also known and popular called ORACLE(Ifa Eko) and we're all aware that they do worshio an oracle.

Nairalanders, over to you:

Respect or Worship

Re: See How Ogbeni Aregbesola Greeted Asiwaju Bola Tinubu; Respect Or Worship? by Starieangel(f): 1:18pm On Sep 06, 2016
Abeg all na greeting.
Re: See How Ogbeni Aregbesola Greeted Asiwaju Bola Tinubu; Respect Or Worship? by ClitRaider: 1:28pm On Sep 06, 2016
You dey craze ni? Shey 5yrs na beans?! I'm 5ys older than my J.boy and dem never born am well to diss me. We are Yoruba not the arrogant Igbo jews.

18 Likes

Re: See How Ogbeni Aregbesola Greeted Asiwaju Bola Tinubu; Respect Or Worship? by Greatfuture: 1:33pm On Sep 06, 2016
i bow to greet my elders, i loose nothing doing it but gain alot

7 Likes

Re: See How Ogbeni Aregbesola Greeted Asiwaju Bola Tinubu; Respect Or Worship? by Chubhie: 1:36pm On Sep 06, 2016
Islamically, this is anti-sunnah.
Re: See How Ogbeni Aregbesola Greeted Asiwaju Bola Tinubu; Respect Or Worship? by DLuciano: 1:38pm On Sep 06, 2016
Greatfuture:
i bow to greet my elders, i loose nothing doing it but gain alot

Its only in yoruba you will see somebody greets/worship you like that but will betray you to your greatest shock without looking back.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: See How Ogbeni Aregbesola Greeted Asiwaju Bola Tinubu; Respect Or Worship? by Nobody: 1:43pm On Sep 06, 2016
In Yoruba land,we respect our elders and benefactors, either with a bow or by prostrating, unlike some mannerless tribe whose children rise from their village mats to greet their parents and elders with a heavy knock on their flat heads.

8 Likes

Re: See How Ogbeni Aregbesola Greeted Asiwaju Bola Tinubu; Respect Or Worship? by Nobody: 1:46pm On Sep 06, 2016
This is very wrong, I cannot take it. The bending is too much

Re: See How Ogbeni Aregbesola Greeted Asiwaju Bola Tinubu; Respect Or Worship? by EHMIR(m): 1:54pm On Sep 06, 2016
Respecting elderly ones irrespective of age difference is part and parcel of yoruba's culture

NOTE:iam not a yoruba man,but a nigeriancheesycheesygrin cool
Re: See How Ogbeni Aregbesola Greeted Asiwaju Bola Tinubu; Respect Or Worship? by EHMIR(m): 1:55pm On Sep 06, 2016
DLuciano:

Its only in yoruba you will see somebody greets/worship you like that but will betray you to your greatest shock without looking back.
may day! may day!! May day!!!

Ugandan Igbo sightedgrin

5 Likes

Re: See How Ogbeni Aregbesola Greeted Asiwaju Bola Tinubu; Respect Or Worship? by arresa: 2:01pm On Sep 06, 2016
Call it bow, call it worship, everybody bows to Asiwaju, even Peter Obi...

7 Likes

Re: See How Ogbeni Aregbesola Greeted Asiwaju Bola Tinubu; Respect Or Worship? by Alphaoscar: 2:06pm On Sep 06, 2016
DLuciano:

But it is nice and prosper for democratically elected IMO house of assembly members to kneel down and raise their hands like toddlers for their governor.

It is also proper for a whole national Ambassador to kneel down for Mama piss and Uncle Jonah ?

You Igbos will not stop been hypocrites and talk as if you are free of shamelessness.

https://www.nairaland.com/2307949/caption-photo-governor-rochas-okorocha

https://www.nairaland.com/3285729/photos-2-lawmakers-kneeling-before

http://abusidiqu.com/photo-of-the-day-guess-who-is-kneeling-before-president-jonathan/

http://omojuwa.com/2014/03/the-kneeling-president-see-a-picture-of-president-jonathan-on-bended-knees-before-yaraduas-mum-and-wife/

3 Likes

Re: See How Ogbeni Aregbesola Greeted Asiwaju Bola Tinubu; Respect Or Worship? by orisa37: 3:01pm On Sep 06, 2016
Tinubu is a god.

1 Like

Re: See How Ogbeni Aregbesola Greeted Asiwaju Bola Tinubu; Respect Or Worship? by trapQ: 3:19pm On Sep 06, 2016
But the worst diss was done by Wizkid to Linda. You guys must really be respectful.
ClitRaider:
You dey craze ni?
Shey 5yrs na beans?!
I'm 5ys older than my J.boy and dem never born am well to diss me.
We are Yoruba not the arrogant Igbo jews.
Re: See How Ogbeni Aregbesola Greeted Asiwaju Bola Tinubu; Respect Or Worship? by omowolewa: 3:23pm On Sep 06, 2016
Hummm! I wish i will one day have the opportunity to bow or even shake Tinubu like that, he made that man you know?
Re: See How Ogbeni Aregbesola Greeted Asiwaju Bola Tinubu; Respect Or Worship? by omoelesa(m): 3:37pm On Sep 06, 2016
a
Re: See How Ogbeni Aregbesola Greeted Asiwaju Bola Tinubu; Respect Or Worship? by sinkhole: 3:39pm On Sep 06, 2016
Bending, bowing or prostrating are all signs of respect in Yorubaland. The person you are respecting may be older than you in age or may have higher social ranking than you: the great Obasanjo will always greet Ooni-risa by bowing, obviously Ooni is younger than Obasanjo, but he is a king and Obasanjo is not!
No matter how much we claim that the Ibos wake their elders with a "kick" I still beleive that the Ibos have a way of respecting their elders, in Yorubaland, bowing, prostrating or kneeling are our ways of showing respect, if you are not happy with these Yoruba culture then I will advice you not to seek any favour from a Yoruba elder or person because you simply will not get it!

3 Likes

Re: See How Ogbeni Aregbesola Greeted Asiwaju Bola Tinubu; Respect Or Worship? by amodu(m): 9:49pm On Sep 06, 2016
ClitRaider:
You dey craze ni?
Shey 5yrs na beans?!

I doubt your claim as a yoruba with the bolded

Omo Karo ojire ti a bi ni ile ire ma n l'eko
Won mo ba ti n soro la wujo
Won ki kan ni labuku ti won ba kan won labuku.

I am aware your parents trained to you, you just decided to be 'AKO GBA'...AMUNI BUNI ERAN IBIYE

2 Likes

Re: See How Ogbeni Aregbesola Greeted Asiwaju Bola Tinubu; Respect Or Worship? by ClitRaider: 10:09pm On Sep 06, 2016
amodu:

I am aware your parents trained to you, you just decided to be 'AKO GBA'...AMUNI BUNI ERAN IBIYE
1. I doubt your sanity-
"You dey craze?" is just a question but youre quick to insult all in the name of correction!

2. You are guilty of all you accused me of.

Now, where are your manners?

You've got an attributed villainy that result from stupidity.
Oponu ayirada.

2 Likes

Re: See How Ogbeni Aregbesola Greeted Asiwaju Bola Tinubu; Respect Or Worship? by amodu(m): 10:09pm On Sep 06, 2016
Chubhie:
Islamically, this is anti-sunnah.
He is not in Sujud...
Re: See How Ogbeni Aregbesola Greeted Asiwaju Bola Tinubu; Respect Or Worship? by Nobody: 11:55pm On Sep 06, 2016
trapQ:
But the worst diss was done by Wizkid to Linda. You guys must really be respectful.
any small thing una go start to dey shout Linda and wizkid y lindasmellow go find trouble she even get luck if not.... thunder fire are smelly kittykat
Re: See How Ogbeni Aregbesola Greeted Asiwaju Bola Tinubu; Respect Or Worship? by Nobody: 11:58pm On Sep 06, 2016
amodu:

you are not even Yoruba u are just a Yorubawannabe. u use Google translator to translate

2 Likes

Re: See How Ogbeni Aregbesola Greeted Asiwaju Bola Tinubu; Respect Or Worship? by EdCure: 12:06am On Sep 07, 2016
Hagm0nd:
In Yoruba land,we respect our elders and benefactors, either with a bow or by prostrating, unlike some mannerless tribe whose children rise from their village mats to greet their parents and elders with a heavy knock on their flat heads.

cheesy grin

3 Likes

Re: See How Ogbeni Aregbesola Greeted Asiwaju Bola Tinubu; Respect Or Worship? by Nobody: 12:09am On Sep 07, 2016
Hagm0nd:
gringringrin true talk. Igbo wake there parents with kicking or knock on there Igbo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See How Ogbeni Aregbesola Greeted Asiwaju Bola Tinubu; Respect Or Worship? by amodu(m): 7:56am On Sep 07, 2016
ClitRaider:

1. I doubt your sanity-
"You dey craze?" is just a question but youre quick to insult all in the name of correction!

2. You are guilty of all you accused me of.

Now, where are your manners?

You've got an attributed villainy that result from stupidity.
Oponu ayirada.

Question indeed!

Well, you can be asking your elderly ones at home such questions....Arandomo
Re: See How Ogbeni Aregbesola Greeted Asiwaju Bola Tinubu; Respect Or Worship? by phemmie06(m): 8:04am On Sep 07, 2016
De never born Aregbe to dishonor or disrespect Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu. Even age apart cos Bola has been his boss

1 Like

Re: See How Ogbeni Aregbesola Greeted Asiwaju Bola Tinubu; Respect Or Worship? by ClitRaider: 9:54am On Sep 07, 2016
amodu:

Question indeed!

Well, you can be asking your elderly ones at home such questions....Arandomo
If i wanted to hear from an asshole, i'd just fart.
Eleribu arandomo.
Re: See How Ogbeni Aregbesola Greeted Asiwaju Bola Tinubu; Respect Or Worship? by amodu(m): 11:06am On Sep 07, 2016
ClitRaider:
If i wanted to hear from an asshole, i'd just fart. Eleribu arandomo.
Kosi danu jawe
Re: See How Ogbeni Aregbesola Greeted Asiwaju Bola Tinubu; Respect Or Worship? by ClitRaider: 11:47am On Sep 07, 2016
amodu:

Kosi danu jawe
Oponu agbalaga, eranko lasan ikeji aja.
Re: See How Ogbeni Aregbesola Greeted Asiwaju Bola Tinubu; Respect Or Worship? by amodu(m): 3:11pm On Sep 07, 2016
ClitRaider:
Oponu agbalaga, eranko lasan ikeji aja.
Omo Irankiran...
Re: See How Ogbeni Aregbesola Greeted Asiwaju Bola Tinubu; Respect Or Worship? by ahamonyeka(m): 3:21pm On Sep 07, 2016
ClitRaider:
You dey craze ni?
Shey 5yrs na beans?!
sharrrrap there can rauf walk on the street of osun meet an ordinary old man and bow to him like that or don't you know that tinubu is the awolowo the south west are seeing today?

(1) (2) (Reply)

TwitterBan: How Will That Prince Send That Money Now? - Americans Mock Nigerians / 300,000 APC Members Burn Brooms In Katsina, Join PDP (Video + Sai Mun Bata Wuta) / BREAKING; "Atiku Has Settled Me, I'm Now Trading With Him"- Peter Obi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.