Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,725 members, 7,816,979 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:01 PM

Police Chief Shuts Church Inside Police College - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Chief Shuts Church Inside Police College (10044 Views)

50 Trainees Share A Fish Head In Police College - Channels Tv / Jonathan In Lagos. Inspects Police College. / Pictures Of The Nigerian Police College, Ikeja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police Chief Shuts Church Inside Police College by Basics007: 12:34am On Nov 21, 2011
Nigerian policemen attend church?!
Re: Police Chief Shuts Church Inside Police College by Judek2(m): 12:39am On Nov 21, 2011
vladimiros:

I am christian and he has a point

boko haram are targetting police and that church is more than enough bait

yes it hard but true, safety first

And you think that he cares so much about their safety?
The foolish man is doing what he wants to do,simple.
Re: Police Chief Shuts Church Inside Police College by lumideezle(m): 12:42am On Nov 21, 2011
Please guys lets stop adding religious sentiments to this matter, i am a born again christain but that does not stop me from realising the fact that the law only recognises three Denominations Catholic, Muslims,and Protestants(Anglican, Redeemed, deeper life, Jesus blood ministries , slap the devil min match satan min, etc) for those that have done NYSC u see this comming to play in Camp where they tell u expressely that its catholic, Muslims and Protestants  and any other association or gathering is deemed illegal. so guys dont blame the Chief the church was not supposed to exist in the first place  all deeper life. redeemed, devil in trouble churches are supposed to worship together and not seprately in a govt institution that is wat the law says. have a prob with it Go meet national Assembly grin or call Uncle Jona. If he had closed down a Catholic church then he wld knw hez got a whole lot of explaining to do. buh this 1 would only earn him  promotion if the case islooked into.
Re: Police Chief Shuts Church Inside Police College by bkbabe97y(m): 2:41am On Nov 21, 2011
This post only goes to show that the REAL menace, and fanatics yall have in that shiyyt hole you call Nigeria are the so-called CHRISTIANS!!! From selling false religion and false prophesies all over the world to hypocrisy like you would not believe. Yall voted GEJ in didnt ya? Christians indeed. The Police Chief gave his reason for shutting down that money-grubbing facility yall call a Church and the first thing you so-called believers do is to look to his religion and start condemning Moslems; very tolerant of you guys. SMH

I hope GEJ removes that subsidy so that your country can confront its destiny sooner rather than lata. Hypocrites.
Re: Police Chief Shuts Church Inside Police College by expert555: 2:49am On Nov 21, 2011
@Beejaay

Before you get your answer from me go and asked the governor of your state how much he have stolen from the state treasury then come back when you get your answer from him. Fooools you are all queuing at foreign embassies to runaway from the country, where are you coming to? dozy race fooooooooooooools, anywhere will do Malaysia, Indonesia, Libya, Morocco, Algeria, Ghana, Russia, Ukraine don't you people have shame, China, Thailand even the newly created country South Sudan. I dey laugh Lol. Did you hear the Pope begging your African leaders not to'ROB your people's hope'. Whom do you think he was referring to on Friday? He chooses your country next door neighbour to say so. One thing your dozing governors did not know is all the top bank mangers in Europe is the eyes and ears of their country's secret services every kobo they stole and bring here the country's respective government are aware. Fooooooooooooooooools
Re: Police Chief Shuts Church Inside Police College by tit(f): 2:51am On Nov 21, 2011
lumideezle:

Please guys lets stop adding religious sentiments to this matter,  i am a born again christain but that does not stop me from realising the fact that the law only recognises three Denominations Catholic, Muslims,and Protestants(Anglican, Redeemed, deeper life, Jesus blood ministries , slap the devil min match satan min,  etc) for those that have done NYSC u see this comming to play in Camp where they tell u expressely that its catholic, Muslims and Protestants  and any other association or gathering is deemed illegal. so guys dont blame the Chief the church was not supposed to exist in the first place  all deeper life. redeemed, devil in trouble churches are supposed to worship together and not seprately in a govt institution that is wat the law says. have a prob with it Go meet national Assembly grin or call Uncle Jona. If he had closed down a Catholic church then he wld knw hez got a whole lot of explaining to do. buh this 1 would only earn him  promotion if the case islooked into.
abeg brother lumideezle,
which law recognises catholic, muslim and protestants?
which <s>book,chapter, verse</s> section and paragraph?
Re: Police Chief Shuts Church Inside Police College by Igbanibo: 4:58am On Nov 21, 2011
Let BH try that shit in Lagos, they will see pepper!!!
Re: Police Chief Shuts Church Inside Police College by Nobody: 6:18am On Nov 21, 2011
I happen to be a member of that church. And yes, a lot of policemen do worship there - to my surprise - and their families too.
The communication to the church about their intentions was poor - and everything said above about the church was correct.
Re: Police Chief Shuts Church Inside Police College by Flygeriana(m): 6:56am On Nov 21, 2011
Finished reading y'all contributions, but aint gat [b]s[/b]hit to say!
Re: Police Chief Shuts Church Inside Police College by TUGASO(m): 9:25am On Nov 21, 2011
Proliferation of places of worship most especially in the forces is not right. the army, navy and airforce have no problem with that cos they officially have only 3 places of woship: protestant, catholic and islamic places of worship. it may interest you to know that the police, in their effort to have better organization of worship as obtainable in the armed forces, have started their chaplaincy of recent and have trained and commisioned 50 Imams, 25 protestant pastors and 25 catholic priests. in order have a complete workable structure of worship, they ought to have control over the places worship with their premises by placing their commissioned Imams and Chaplains in-charge. this would afford easy command and control, and bring about checks and balances in the forces to reduce or even eradicate religious fanatism. this i suppose could have been the reason for this action.
Re: Police Chief Shuts Church Inside Police College by manchy7531: 9:30am On Nov 21, 2011
Can a christian DPO Close down a mosque in any northern state

i can understand this is happening in the SW because the SW has Muslims too.that is why i fear Boko Haram might be able to infiltrate and penetrate the SW.

I wish he be posted to the SE and see if he will have the liver to close down a church,particularly in Onistha or Aba.i will see if by now they wouldn't have roasted him.
Re: Police Chief Shuts Church Inside Police College by TUGASO(m): 9:44am On Nov 21, 2011
tit:

abeg brother lumideezle,
which law recognises catholic, muslim and protestants?
which <s>book,chapter, verse</s> section and paragraph?

can't lay my hands on the quotes for now. wil supply it to u as soon as i lay my hands on it. but i am sure that the Nigerian constitution that established the armed forces of the feredral repulic of Nigeria and the armed forces act approves only catholic, muslim and protestant worship centres. note that all the protestant churches and islamic sects will have to subsume into one. this is for easy commmand and control.
Re: Police Chief Shuts Church Inside Police College by btlasisi(m): 10:07am On Nov 21, 2011
TUGASO:

Proliferation of places of worship most especially in the forces is not right. the army, navy and airforce have no problem with that cos they officially have only 3 places of woship: protestant, catholic and islamic places of worship. it may interest you to know that the police, in their effort to have better organization of worship as obtainable in the armed forces, have started their chaplaincy of recent and have trained and commisioned 50 Imams, 25 protestant pastors and 25 catholic priests. in order have a complete workable structure of worship, they ought to have control over the places worship with their premises by placing their commissioned Imams and Chaplains in-charge. this would afford easy command and control, and bring about checks and balances in the forces to reduce or even eradicate religious fanatism. this i suppose could have been the reason for this action.

Reasonable comment.

Most people like to comment based on their emotion and not based on the merit of the case in question.
Re: Police Chief Shuts Church Inside Police College by Okijajuju1(m): 10:22am On Nov 21, 2011
icez:

IMHO, building of churches and mosques in govt offices should be stopped.

Anybody who wants to pray should go to a church, shrine, synagogue, temple or mosque within the town. cool

I am neither a christian nor a Muslim, but;

I support that all Churches be closed down in all government offices [except for those where the offices work 7 days a week and in which case, the church should be an interdenominational church that accomodates the different brands of christianity]. Reason being that most churches have their days of worship on Sundays and Saturdays which are non-working days in Nigeria.

On the other hand, I feel that all government offices in the country should make provision for Muslims to have their Friday prayers either by openning a mini mosque in or somewhere around the premises or by giving Muslim employees friday off and making them work saturdays instead.

We need to be objective in dealing with religous issues.
Re: Police Chief Shuts Church Inside Police College by zoomzoom1(m): 10:37am On Nov 21, 2011
expert555:

@Reni

I think you are a fool if you don't have anything to say is best you short your dam mount. In any democracy the only institutions that is allowed to close any institution is the law court. Except in a case of emergency where the constitution allowed a constitutionally appointed administrator the power to close institutions down for national security. This is a case of DPO waving the white flag before B' haram does anything. In retrospect the DPO may not even be christianphobia but a case of where there is no leadership, no sense of nationality or dam right not having enough IQ to run a country. The President is hiding from B'haram which security service man and woman want to risk his/her neck. The President is even afraid to condemn their act. The country do not have leader, period. Lets bring the British back to rule us. You heard the Pope begging African leaders not to 'rob the people's hope'. This is no joke people European and Americans are disguistedl at the rate of theft of the continent treasury. In most cases other African counties do not have much but Nigeria have a lot. But your leaders have thief them all in the name of democracy dividend. When your oil money runs-out in 50 years time, you will eat sand. BYE BYE

expert555:

@Beejaay

Before you get your answer from me go and asked the governor of your state how much he have stolen from the state treasury then come back when you get your answer from him. Fooools you are all queuing at foreign embassies to runaway from the country, where are you coming to? dozy race fooooooooooooools, anywhere will do Malaysia, Indonesia, Libya, Morocco, Algeria, Ghana, Russia, Ukraine don't you people have shame, China, Thailand even the newly created country South Sudan. I dey laugh Lol. Did you hear the Pope begging your African leaders not to'ROB your people's hope'. Whom do you think he was referring to on Friday? He chooses your country next door neighbour to say so. One thing your dozing governors did not know is all the top bank mangers in Europe is the eyes and ears of their country's secret services every kobo they stole and bring here the country's respective government are aware. Fooooooooooooooooools 

if you think @Reni and Beejaay are fools for their statements then i think you are FOOLISH for the jargons you typed. Its unlike me calling someone "foolish" but i cant help ds one. Now i guess its my turn for the F word grin grin grin awaitng your outburst anywaz
Re: Police Chief Shuts Church Inside Police College by Meedu(m): 10:59am On Nov 21, 2011
How can there be a ''Solution centre'' in a Solution centre
grin
Re: Police Chief Shuts Church Inside Police College by splitnaija(m): 11:32am On Nov 21, 2011
I think the pastor wasn't making returns to the DPO. Naija Police no send anybody, they can demand bribe from even God himself.
Re: Police Chief Shuts Church Inside Police College by 9icelag: 11:45am On Nov 21, 2011
TUGASO:

IN THE ARMED FORCES U ARE EITHER A CATHOLIC, PROTESTANT OR A MUSLIM
Re: Police Chief Shuts Church Inside Police College by expert555: 12:12pm On Nov 21, 2011
@Zoom Zoom

None of you have answered my questions what is driving you away from your country? I'm sure you are washing toilets in United Arab Emirate in the name of going and leaving abroad or are you a pastor collecting people's hard earn cash most the time Nigerians like you. You all deserves yourselves wherever you are dosing retarded race. Foooooooooooooooools
Re: Police Chief Shuts Church Inside Police College by baslone: 12:36pm On Nov 21, 2011
bk.babe97y:

This post only goes to show that the REAL menace, and fanatics yall have in that shiyyt hole you call Nigeria are the so-called CHRISTIANS!!! From selling false religion and false prophesies all over the world to hypocrisy like you would not believe. Yall voted GEJ in didnt ya? Christians indeed. The Police Chief gave his reason for shutting down that money-grubbing facility yall call a Church and the first thing you so-called believers do is to look to his religion and start condemning Moslems; very tolerant of you guys. SMH

I hope GEJ removes that subsidy so that your country can confront its destiny sooner rather than lata. Hypocrites.

Word!!!!
Re: Police Chief Shuts Church Inside Police College by DidiLove1: 1:05pm On Nov 21, 2011
Can somebody please straighten this out for me?

Is the church located within the precints of the police college or located on Joel Ogunaike str?? undecided

The articles seems a tad confusing.
Re: Police Chief Shuts Church Inside Police College by kooto(m): 1:40pm On Nov 21, 2011
if he has a good reason no problem,they know boko haram have won the battle for now,maybe soon the police college might need to be shut & recruits sent home until condition inproves.
Re: Police Chief Shuts Church Inside Police College by baslone: 2:43pm On Nov 21, 2011
Reasons speculated sound real s.tudip

He can never be dumb enough to close a church just because he is a moslem.
Re: Police Chief Shuts Church Inside Police College by Pukkah: 3:05pm On Nov 21, 2011
aloy@emeka:

all the gates leading to the church christened ‘Solution Centre’ located along Joel Ogunaike Street, Ikeja GRA, Lagos.[/b][/color]
He did not disclose his reasons for locking the gates to the church but a police officer who did not want his name in print attributed it to security precautions in the light of the Boko Haram threat all over the country.

This is a problem for the 'Solution Centre' to solve.
Re: Police Chief Shuts Church Inside Police College by eros(m): 4:19pm On Nov 21, 2011
splitnaija:

I think the pastor wasn't making returns to the DPO. Naija Police no send anybody, they can demand bribe from even God himself.

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Police Chief Shuts Church Inside Police College by ignis: 4:21pm On Nov 21, 2011
If a christian man attempts to lock the mosque, the will start killing innocent people, Hypocrites.
Re: Police Chief Shuts Church Inside Police College by eros(m): 6:33pm On Nov 21, 2011
ignis:

If a christian man attempts to lock the mosque, the will start killing innocent people, Hypocrites.

Very true. Whatever the grudge of the police chief thief, he has no right to shut the church.
Re: Police Chief Shuts Church Inside Police College by expert555: 8:51pm On Nov 21, 2011
I sympathise and agree with the CPC closing down the church to be honest Nigeria security is not ready for BK haram the CPC do not want to see a blood bath and can age under his command. He saves Nigeria lives he is a hero. A fearless who take a decisive decision even if that hurts anyone's feelings. A far cry from almighty GCO retarded Jonathan. Always scared to take a stand, still watching, studying situation utill everyone is dead. I'm beginning to love Hausa people they got heart.
Re: Police Chief Shuts Church Inside Police College by aloyemeka4: 11:08pm On Nov 21, 2011
expert555:

I sympathise and agree with the CPC closing down the church to be honest Nigeria security is not ready for BK haram the CPC do not want to see a blood bath and can age under his command. He saves Nigeria lives he is a hero. A fearless who take a decisive decision even if that hurts anyone's feelings. A far cry from almighty GCO slow Jonathan. Always scared to take a stand, still watching, studying situation utill everyone is dead. I'm beginning to love Hausa people they got heart.

Another Arrow is on the loose. Will you have the same song in your lips if it was a mosque that got whacked?
Re: Police Chief Shuts Church Inside Police College by bkbabe97y(m): 5:58pm On Nov 22, 2011
manchy7531:

I wish he be posted to the SE and see if he will have the liver to close down a church,particularly in Onistha or Aba.i will see if by now they wouldn't have roasted him.

Very un-Christian-like of yall hypocrites, dont you think?

Aint that the same Region that put Nigeria in the mess it presently is by imposing a talking-Donkey on the rest of the Nation in the name of tribalism and bigotry? undecided
Re: Police Chief Shuts Church Inside Police College by PastorOla1: 3:29pm On Nov 23, 2011
This Police Chief may have a little mind!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jonathan Must Come To NASS, Reps Insist / Made In Ghana Cars Goes International - Live On Aljazeera / Terrorists Hide Bombs Among Vegetables Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.