Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,942 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:42 PM

Ex-Imo Governor, Emeka Ihedioha Resigns From PDP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ex-Imo Governor, Emeka Ihedioha Resigns From PDP (23357 Views)

Imo Ex-Governor, Emeka Ihedioha And His Humility / Governor Emeka Ihedioha Travelling With Only 3 Convoys (photos / Governor Emeka Ihedioha And His Phones (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ex-Imo Governor, Emeka Ihedioha Resigns From PDP by Dapromzy333(m): 2:02pm On Apr 23
Emeka Ihedioha, the former governor of Imo State, resigned from the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) citing a conflict between his personal convictions and the party’s current direction.

In a resignation letter addressed to the chairman of his constituency, Mbutu Ward, Aboh Mbaise Local Government Area of Imo State, Ihedioha expressed his dedication to the advancement of democracy and good governance in Nigeria despite his decision to step away from the party.

Having been a member of the PDP since its inception in 1998, Ihedioha highlighted his contributions to the growth and evolution of the party, noting its historical commitment to internal reforms and providing credible leadership both in and out of power.

However, Ihedioha lamented recent developments within the party, stating that it has deviated from its core principles. He voiced concerns over the party’s inability to enact internal reforms, uphold its own regulations, and effectively oppose the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC).

The letter reads, “Since 1998, I have contributed my quota to the development and transformation of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) as one of the founding members. All these years, I have taken pride in the fact that the PDP is a party that will always look inward for internal reforms and provide credible leadership for the people, whether in power or outside power. I have had the benefit of serving and benefiting from the party at various levels.

“Regrettably, in recent times, the party has taken on a path that is at variance with my personal beliefs. Despite my attempt to offer counsel, the party is, sadly, no longer able to carry out internal reforms, enforce its own rules or offer credible opposition to the ruling All Progressives Congress.’

“It is in the light of the foregoing, that I am compelled to offer my resignation from the People’s Democratic Party effective immediately. While the decision was difficult to take, I, however, believe that it is the right one. Despite this resignation, I will always be available to offer my services towards the deepening of democracy and good governance in Nigeria.”
https://platinumtimes.ng/breaking-ex-imo-gov-emeka-ihedioha-dumps-pdp/

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ex-Imo Governor, Emeka Ihedioha Resigns From PDP by Urheadmaster(m): 2:02pm On Apr 23
Let see if he'll join the same APC that sacked him to install Hope Uzodinma while he was the seating governor of imo state tongue

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ex-Imo Governor, Emeka Ihedioha Resigns From PDP by Golan007: 2:04pm On Apr 23
grin

48 Likes

Re: Ex-Imo Governor, Emeka Ihedioha Resigns From PDP by kayevans: 2:05pm On Apr 23
Dapromzy333:
Emeka Ihedioha, the former governor of Imo State, resigned from the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) citing a conflict between his personal convictions and the party’s current direction.

In a resignation letter addressed to the chairman of his constituency, Mbutu Ward, Aboh Mbaise Local Government Area of Imo State, Ihedioha expressed his dedication to the advancement of democracy and good governance in Nigeria despite his decision to step away from the party.

Having been a member of the PDP since its inception in 1998, Ihedioha highlighted his contributions to the growth and evolution of the party, noting its historical commitment to internal reforms and providing credible leadership both in and out of power.

However, Ihedioha lamented recent developments within the party, stating that it has deviated from its core principles. He voiced concerns over the party’s inability to enact internal reforms, uphold its own regulations, and effectively oppose the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC).

The letter reads, “Since 1998, I have contributed my quota to the development and transformation of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) as one of the founding members. All these years, I have taken pride in the fact that the PDP is a party that will always look inward for internal reforms and provide credible leadership for the people, whether in power or outside power. I have had the benefit of serving and benefiting from the party at various levels.

“Regrettably, in recent times, the party has taken on a path that is at variance with my personal beliefs. Despite my attempt to offer counsel, the party is, sadly, no longer able to carry out internal reforms, enforce its own rules or offer credible opposition to the ruling All Progressives Congress.’

“It is in the light of the foregoing, that I am compelled to offer my resignation from the People’s Democratic Party effective immediately. While the decision was difficult to take, I, however, believe that it is the right one. Despite this resignation, I will always be available to offer my services towards the deepening of democracy and good governance in Nigeria.”

https://platinumtimes.ng/breaking-ex-imo-gov-emeka-ihedioha-dumps-pdp/

Hmmmmm
Re: Ex-Imo Governor, Emeka Ihedioha Resigns From PDP by hakeemhakeem(m): 2:05pm On Apr 23
Lupee is the next nest

14 Likes

Re: Ex-Imo Governor, Emeka Ihedioha Resigns From PDP by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 2:10pm On Apr 23
To APC I guess

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ex-Imo Governor, Emeka Ihedioha Resigns From PDP by Richtaiwo: 2:11pm On Apr 23
hakeemhakeem:
Lupee is the next nest
Dreams

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ex-Imo Governor, Emeka Ihedioha Resigns From PDP by Seefinish: 2:15pm On Apr 23
Come to LP

6 Likes

Re: Ex-Imo Governor, Emeka Ihedioha Resigns From PDP by chopnaira: 2:16pm On Apr 23
Seefinish:
Come to LP

Ezewuzie01:
Where will he port to next? Peter Obi's bad luck has rubbed off on him. We warned him repeatedly about associating with the agulu thief but he wouldn't listen until his green cap fell off his head.

The moment Emeka said he shared same political ideology with Peter Obi was the day he became irrelevant in PDP. It's better he moves to LP (PDP lite) so that he can continue to partake in Peter Obi's APGA curse.

Peter Obi swore with the bible in front of Ojukwu that he will never leave APGA. That's the genesis of Peter's wandering in the political wilderness. cheesy

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ex-Imo Governor, Emeka Ihedioha Resigns From PDP by fuckJones(f): 2:20pm On Apr 23
One of these men didn't start, complete and commission a single school as a governor for 8 good years😔😔😔

54 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Ex-Imo Governor, Emeka Ihedioha Resigns From PDP by CoronaVirusPro: 2:21pm On Apr 23
The brilliant, upright and those blessed with foresight know APC will be ruling for an average of 3 decades and why they all joining the train. Even aggrieved party members did not leave APC, they stood aside.

Ihedioha should join the winning team and might have another shot at a juicy position.

His Excellency, President Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu (GCFR) has perfected the art of winning beyond human comprehension, and only one like him can defeat APC, and he happens to be last political demigod on Earth which makes it outrightly impossible.

Political opponents should align and stop wasting scarce resources.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ex-Imo Governor, Emeka Ihedioha Resigns From PDP by MarveworldG: 2:25pm On Apr 23
Wow

Check what we have for you 👇

Abuja, Port Harcöurt and Lagós

3 Likes

Re: Ex-Imo Governor, Emeka Ihedioha Resigns From PDP by sofeo(m): 2:25pm On Apr 23
Alright

1 Like

Re: Ex-Imo Governor, Emeka Ihedioha Resigns From PDP by Thinktwicemybro: 2:26pm On Apr 23
No sane person will remain in a party that cannot expel wike. PDP has become weak. It must show strength and discipline.

18 Likes

Re: Ex-Imo Governor, Emeka Ihedioha Resigns From PDP by DMerciful(m): 2:26pm On Apr 23
Obi obsession
chopnaira:

The moment he said he shared same political ideology with Peter Obi was the day he became irrelevant in PDP. It's better he moves to LP (PDP lite) so that he can continue to partake in Peter Obi's APGA curse cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Ex-Imo Governor, Emeka Ihedioha Resigns From PDP by ignis: 2:27pm On Apr 23
Democracy of highest bidder.
Re: Ex-Imo Governor, Emeka Ihedioha Resigns From PDP by chopnaira: 2:27pm On Apr 23
DMerciful:
Obi obsession

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ex-Imo Governor, Emeka Ihedioha Resigns From PDP by atiku4President(m): 2:27pm On Apr 23
He's likely joining APC as most of his foot soldiers have joined APC since last year.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ex-Imo Governor, Emeka Ihedioha Resigns From PDP by Judolisco(m): 2:27pm On Apr 23
Dem do dis man strong thing... First supreme court... He had d chance of winning d last election in imo but village people asked him not to run

2 Likes

Re: Ex-Imo Governor, Emeka Ihedioha Resigns From PDP by Freshtruth(m): 2:28pm On Apr 23
This guy is smart he want to join Labour party an easy ticket to government house 2027

6 Likes

Re: Ex-Imo Governor, Emeka Ihedioha Resigns From PDP by garfield1: 2:28pm On Apr 23
OkpaNsukkaisBae:
To APC I guess

Or lp.uzodinma will hand over to him or Ohakim
Re: Ex-Imo Governor, Emeka Ihedioha Resigns From PDP by victorclean(f): 2:29pm On Apr 23
A wolf in sheep clothing seeking for better platform to win election. Emeka Ihedioha can you kindly go and sleep. All the money you made in politics for years is enough for you and you 18th generations.

3 Likes

Re: Ex-Imo Governor, Emeka Ihedioha Resigns From PDP by spencekat(m): 2:29pm On Apr 23
He wants to be a governor on APC platform.
Re: Ex-Imo Governor, Emeka Ihedioha Resigns From PDP by Golan007: 2:29pm On Apr 23
I no know why I like Mbaise so much.

grin

3 Likes

Re: Ex-Imo Governor, Emeka Ihedioha Resigns From PDP by forayfleo(m): 2:30pm On Apr 23
Go and join Jagaban ni

1 Like

Re: Ex-Imo Governor, Emeka Ihedioha Resigns From PDP by garfield1: 2:30pm On Apr 23
Wike and Samdaddy pushed him out of pdp.i wonder if his shortlived tenure qualifies as a term by virtue of section 137 sub 3... Cc Fergie001, dalitigator, samuelanyanwu,norsyk

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ex-Imo Governor, Emeka Ihedioha Resigns From PDP by SoNature(m): 2:30pm On Apr 23
Ihedioha should join LP! This is the surest way of regaining your seat lost to the Supreme Court.

7 Likes

Re: Ex-Imo Governor, Emeka Ihedioha Resigns From PDP by garfield1: 2:30pm On Apr 23
spencekat:
He wants to be a governor on APC platform.

I doubt uzodinma will handover to a powerful men like him

1 Like

Re: Ex-Imo Governor, Emeka Ihedioha Resigns From PDP by StOla: 2:30pm On Apr 23
Hahahahahaha!

1 Like

Re: Ex-Imo Governor, Emeka Ihedioha Resigns From PDP by spencekat(m): 2:31pm On Apr 23
Freshtruth:
This guy us smart he want to join Labour party an easy ticket to government house 2027
He will move to APC.It is the turn of his zone to produce the next governor of Imo state.

4 Likes

Re: Ex-Imo Governor, Emeka Ihedioha Resigns From PDP by Mindlog: 2:31pm On Apr 23
fuckJones:
One of these men didn't start, complete and commission a single school as a governor for 8 good years😔😔😔

But under him as a Governor, his State became the highest cut off mark for entrance into Federal Government Colleges in Nigeria till date, topping WAEC results...has your own State Governors been able to achieve that feat till date? cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ex-Imo Governor, Emeka Ihedioha Resigns From PDP by garfield1: 2:31pm On Apr 23
Golan007:
I no know why I like Mbaise so much.

grin

They are the most anti APC region in IMO state.maybe ihedioha can change that

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

See What An Israeli Woman Have To Say About Biafra(video) / Dino Melaye's Constituency Office Marked For Demolition By Yahaya Bello / Court Blocks APC From Appointing Ajimobi, Issa-Onilu, Few Hours To NEC Meeting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.