Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,222 members, 7,818,762 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:01 AM

Parent Slaps Bully At Abuja British School: Institution Temporarily Shuts Down - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Parent Slaps Bully At Abuja British School: Institution Temporarily Shuts Down (35302 Views)

Man Kills His Childhood Bully At A School Reunion, 50 Years Later (Photos) / Man Kills School Bully At Reunion After Bearing 53-year Grudge / Lady Slaps Man On ATM Queue. He Walks Away (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Parent Slaps Bully At Abuja British School: Institution Temporarily Shuts Down by BluntCrazeMan: 8:49pm On Apr 23
Yugoslavia247:
Emotion at play
Still wrong slapping the child
Na the teacher or principal Dem suppose slap
Or the parent of the child. Make e be man to man.

The bully na spoilt brat wey Dem agbado miscreants go later serve as servants.
Let the parent of the slapped student slap back, so that the chain-reaction can continue.
Re: Parent Slaps Bully At Abuja British School: Institution Temporarily Shuts Down by Anabosee(m): 8:50pm On Apr 23
Exousiang01:
No one touches my kids in school anymore.
I have 4 boys, a set of twins and two younger ones.
The rules are simple, any student touches your younger one y'all go beat them up.
A teacher touches you I will take care of it.
My babymama called me to say she went to pick them from school and walked in on the teacher knocking my son on the head.
Few days later I returned from Abuja, went to get them from school myself, I simply called the teacher aside and told him " This is the first and very last time I will have this kinda conversation with you inside the school compound, the next time you touch my son I would be waiting for you outside the school and I won't be talking"
I have also informed the headteacher, if it happens again, I am withdrawing my 4 sons and someone will spend a long time in the hospital.

I am an advocate of not sparing the rode but teachers are now going to school to unleash their frustration on kids.
I am not paying half a million for you to turn my son to a punching bag
U don find out why the teacher konk ur child?

1 Like

Re: Parent Slaps Bully At Abuja British School: Institution Temporarily Shuts Down by GreatOchuks: 8:53pm On Apr 23
That's not even my problem, my problem is why will the school be named a British school ?

I even say another one bearing Chinese something something school on the FrontPage today .

What's happening, Abi una don use the Country collect loan

2 Likes

Re: Parent Slaps Bully At Abuja British School: Institution Temporarily Shuts Down by Osanoghodua1: 9:02pm On Apr 23
If I am right, it was boyfriend that caused this right? We suffered more than this in secondary school, we had our clique and squared. So there was boundaries. Classmates don't dare only senior dare. I feel for her but leave boy alone.
Re: Parent Slaps Bully At Abuja British School: Institution Temporarily Shuts Down by 3seriez(m): 9:04pm On Apr 23
Eriokanmi:
Bully here bully there , yen,yen,yen.

Our society is so rotten now. In my time a senior would ask me to go and pick my cutlass, he would take me to an open field and measure up to 100m portion for me to cut every morning before assembly. They would flog us with cane. You dare not report them

Nowadays, we keep sparing the rod and spoiling the child. The so-called bullying nowadays were a commonplace in those days. They only made us become a much stronger generation. In many schools,.you dare not beat a student nowadays. Nonsense! In remember the first time I toasted a girl as an SS2 student...heeey, my senior caught us, punished me like kilodee. He said, so you want to end your career at sec schl abi? You want to end up in a village with her after integrating her? I can't forget that day. The fear made me to not have time for girls till I gained admission, graduated and went for my nysc before I knew what's called gf. The punishment really shaped me up.

In 2016 @ Day waterman college where each student pays up to 20m naira per session, a student approached his teacher openly and wooed her, even promising to give her triple what the shool was paying her if she could allow him sleep with her. What bullying could be worse than that from a student to his teacher grin? Yet, they couldn't do anything about it cos once the student reports to his parents that they're punishing him, they'd withdraw him and the school wouldn't want to lose money so they just ignored that.

Who born that student in our time? Na to flog am openly for assembly ground and call his parents to take him away. That would be his end in that school and it's environs. Today, the reverse is the case. I imagine what the next generation would look like.

I'm just laughing grin at all these unnecessary drama. Mere slaps and minister has made an appearance.
My boarding house days were hell and that was real bullying, not small nonsense like this and everyone is getting triggered.
Then if you feel you had a shot, you go and tackle the bully outside school and settle it like men.
It seems like the world has gone too soft these days.
Re: Parent Slaps Bully At Abuja British School: Institution Temporarily Shuts Down by edungene7: 9:04pm On Apr 23
Correct parent there no time if nah me nah karate by jet li she for chop make we reach station after all nah two fighting
Re: Parent Slaps Bully At Abuja British School: Institution Temporarily Shuts Down by Chibuezem(m): 9:06pm On Apr 23
Eriokanmi:

Our society is so rotten now. In my time a senior would ask me to go and pick my cutlass, he would take me to an open field and measure up to 100m portion for me to cut every morning before assembly. They would flog us with cane. You dare not report them

Nowadays, we keep sparing the rod and spoiling the child. The so-called bullying nowadays were a commonplace in those days. They only made us become a much stronger generation. In many schools,.you dare not beat a student nowadays. Nonsense! In remember the first time I toasted a girl as an SS2 student...heeey, my senior caught us, punished me like kilodee. He said, so you want to end your career at sec schl abi? You want to end up in a village with her after integrating her? I can't forget that day. The fear made me to not have time for girls till I gained admission, graduated and went for my nysc before I knew what's called gf. The punishment really shaped me up.

In 2016 @ Day waterman college where each student pays up to 20m naira per session, a student approached his teacher openly and wooed her, even promising to give her triple what the shool was paying her if she could allow him sleep with her. What bullying could be worse than that from a student to his teacher grin? Yet, they couldn't do anything about it cos once the student reports to his parents that they're punishing him, they'd withdraw him and the school wouldn't want to lose money so they just ignored that.

Who born that student in our time? Na to flog am openly for assembly ground and call his parents to take him away. That would be his end in that school and it's environs. Today, the reverse is the case. I imagine what the next generation would look like.
Say no to bullying, it doesn't make the child stronger pls, It is wrong and encourages breeding psychopaths and narcissists. Don't wait till your child dies from bullying.... Make I look for your trouble small.

1 Like

Re: Parent Slaps Bully At Abuja British School: Institution Temporarily Shuts Down by funsho75(m): 9:09pm On Apr 23
Exousiang01:
The rules are simple, any student touches your younger one y'all go beat them up.
My babymama called me to say she went to pick them from school and walked in on the teacher knocking my son on the head.
Few days later I returned from Abuja, went to get them from school myself, I simply called the teacher aside and told him " This is the first and very last time I will have this kinda conversation with you inside the school compound, the next time you touch my son I would be waiting for you outside the school and I won't be talking"
I have also informed the headteacher, if it happens again, I am withdrawing my 4 sons and someone will spend a long time in the hospital.

I am an advocate of not sparing the rode but teachers are now going to school to unleash their frustration on kids.

Yen yehn..

I have a friend who has this type of ideology until she became a teacher then she understands what teachers are going through, she had to resign because she couldn't take what those kids where unlishing..

Parent don't teach their kids basic moral una go dey form Jagaban up and down...

You guys are lucky that their is no job in Nigeria if not no body will be teaching in private schools
Re: Parent Slaps Bully At Abuja British School: Institution Temporarily Shuts Down by kalufelix(m): 9:14pm On Apr 23
Raskimonojendor:
Slappers British school.
haha...imagine say the bully papa na wike and he come put body too..na rain of slaps go ensue..
Re: Parent Slaps Bully At Abuja British School: Institution Temporarily Shuts Down by kalufelix(m): 9:16pm On Apr 23
LaziestYouth:
Eye for Eye
mouth for tit
Re: Parent Slaps Bully At Abuja British School: Institution Temporarily Shuts Down by Babinski: 9:17pm On Apr 23
RichDad1:
All these over priced oyinbo wanna be school. The government will shed in their lights on the activities of these so called private schools both secondary and tertiary institutions, the discovery will be mild blowing.

Some of the so called "Elite" and overpriced schools are breeding grounds for all sorts of misconduct and evil tendencies that in some cases are almost as bad as those fostered by some public schools. Incidents of recreational drug use, lesbianism, gay, sexual alliances and perversions and bullying are not alien to them.

Sound moral and academic education is not a challenge you simply solve by throwing money at it. In fact, it may be counterproductive if care is not taken.

1 Like

Re: Parent Slaps Bully At Abuja British School: Institution Temporarily Shuts Down by ThothHermes: 9:18pm On Apr 23
Eriokanmi:

Day Waterman pays up to 20m per session?
Are you sure? I have cousins that attend that school.
Re: Parent Slaps Bully At Abuja British School: Institution Temporarily Shuts Down by EteBabaagba222(m): 9:22pm On Apr 23
princepee:
cool she is slapping her for slapping her daughter.
That's bulling.
She didn't teach her daughter to fight for herself.
She have to go and fight for daughter..
Shame!!

Omo lo le lo gba esi wa
Re: Parent Slaps Bully At Abuja British School: Institution Temporarily Shuts Down by princepee: 9:25pm On Apr 23
EteBabaagba222:

Omo lo le lo gba esi wa
What's that?
Re: Parent Slaps Bully At Abuja British School: Institution Temporarily Shuts Down by mctech(m): 9:31pm On Apr 23
Bullying is bad. More than 20 years after leaving secondary school, I still see my bullies on Facebook and get angry.

Sola Ojediran and Ayotunde Ajibola of AOMHSS Abeokuta, I hope you are not workplace bullies now?

1 Like

Re: Parent Slaps Bully At Abuja British School: Institution Temporarily Shuts Down by yewit37486: 9:34pm On Apr 23
Babinski:

Some of the so called "Elite" and overpriced schools are breeding grounds for all sorts of misconduct and evil tendencies that in some cases are almost as bad as those fostered by some public schools. Incidents of recreational drug use, lesbianism, gay, sexual alliances and perversions and bullying are not alien to them.

Sound moral and academic education is not a challenge you simply solve by throwing money at it. In fact, it may be counterproductive if care is not taken.

πŸ‘ŒπŸ‘Œ
Re: Parent Slaps Bully At Abuja British School: Institution Temporarily Shuts Down by Eriokanmi: 9:36pm On Apr 23
ThothHermes:
Day Waterman pays up to 20m per session?
Are you sure? I have cousins that attend that school.
It's 5.3m naira sorry. I just confirmed it from a staff of the school..tnx
Re: Parent Slaps Bully At Abuja British School: Institution Temporarily Shuts Down by ThothHermes: 9:37pm On Apr 23
Eriokanmi:
It's 5.3m naira sorry. I just confirmed it from a staff of the school..tnx
That's more like it.
Re: Parent Slaps Bully At Abuja British School: Institution Temporarily Shuts Down by Eriokanmi: 9:47pm On Apr 23
Chibuezem:
Say no to bullying, it doesn't make the child stronger pls, It is wrong and encourages breeding psychopaths and narcissists. Don't wait till your child dies from bullying.... Make I look for your trouble small.
Every form of correction is called bully in our society,SMH!. This takes different dimensions, mind you. If a student physically assaulted a fellow, it should be frowned at. But when a senior punished or scolded a child, don't raise eyebrows its not bully. When a senior punished you ober a wrongdoing, they call it bully nowadays.
I've been called all manner of names in my sec school days and I've called my mates names too nobody died as a result. Till today, we still call ourselves those names at our physical set meetings, likewise on WhatsApp group. We'd just laugh over it meanwhile in those days, e dey pain us cos no be d name our parents give us. Nobody died as a result of these.

We're raising a generation of over pampered students and we're ok by it. It's not right.
Re: Parent Slaps Bully At Abuja British School: Institution Temporarily Shuts Down by Ken4Christ: 9:48pm On Apr 23
The truth is that most schools don't address issues like this in a justified manner until people take laws into their hands. I dislike bullies.
Re: Parent Slaps Bully At Abuja British School: Institution Temporarily Shuts Down by Eriokanmi: 9:48pm On Apr 23
ThothHermes:
That's more like it.
Yea, excluding other fees, e.g the exchange programmes et al. I used to visit my friend there. I wanted to enrol my daughter but I later changed my mind. Not cos of money. I considered a couple of factors
Re: Parent Slaps Bully At Abuja British School: Institution Temporarily Shuts Down by JessicaRabbit(f): 9:51pm On Apr 23
Eriokanmi:

In 2016 @ Day waterman college where each student pays up to 5.3m naira per session, a student approached his teacher openly and wooed her, even promising to give her triple what the shool was paying her if she could allow him sleep with her. What bullying could be worse than that from a student to his teacher grin? Yet, they couldn't do anything about it cos once the student reports to his parents that they're punishing him, they'd withdraw him and the school wouldn't want to lose money so they just ignored that.

How exactly is cutting grass and getting caned a solution to all forms of unruly behavior? Arguing that it "toughened you up" is just you romanticizing abuse. At best, the ordeals you went through were just hazing rituals that taught you blind obedience, not empathy or conflict resolution.
Re: Parent Slaps Bully At Abuja British School: Institution Temporarily Shuts Down by Eriokanmi: 9:52pm On Apr 23
3seriez:

I'm just laughing grin at all these unnecessary drama. Mere slaps and minister has made an appearance.
My boarding house days were hell and that was real bullying, not small nonsense like this and everyone is getting triggered.
Then if you feel you had a shot, you go and tackle the bully outside school and settle it like men.
It seems like the world has gone too soft these days.
You've said it all. You just reminded me of my sec schl days. Nothing like it
Re: Parent Slaps Bully At Abuja British School: Institution Temporarily Shuts Down by Untube: 9:57pm On Apr 23
oldguyman:
The school management has failed in their responsibility. Do you want to tell me a school such as this doesn't have CCTV to monitor the student activities. The parent should have slapped the school headteacher instead of the culprit.Β 

Slap person wey get money and connection pass you? Maybe you thought we talking about community school hereπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Re: Parent Slaps Bully At Abuja British School: Institution Temporarily Shuts Down by Formularcr7: 10:00pm On Apr 23
Exousiang01:

rubbish

1 Like

Re: Parent Slaps Bully At Abuja British School: Institution Temporarily Shuts Down by Exousiang01: 10:00pm On Apr 23
funsho75:

Yen yehn..

I have a friend who has this type of ideology until she became a teacher then she understands what teachers are going through, she had to resign because she couldn't take what those kids where unlishing..

Parent don't teach their kids basic moral una go dey form Jagaban up and down...

You guys are lucky that their is no job in Nigeria if not no body will be teaching in private schools

Did you read the part where I said I don't spare the rod?
You obviously were not properly brought up.
If you were you won't come up here to insult me.
Re: Parent Slaps Bully At Abuja British School: Institution Temporarily Shuts Down by jubrilELsudan: 10:00pm On Apr 23
THE PARENTS DISAPPOINT SHA....SCHOOL WEY DEM SUPPOSE DON BURN DOWN BY NOW

Re: Parent Slaps Bully At Abuja British School: Institution Temporarily Shuts Down by Exousiang01: 10:02pm On Apr 23
Anabosee:

U don find out why the teacher konk ur child?
They had closed for the day and his reason was that my son was playing when he asked him and his friends to sit down.
AFTER CLOSE OF SCHOOL.... other children in Other classes were playing as a matter of fact my sons sibblings were on the play ground.
Re: Parent Slaps Bully At Abuja British School: Institution Temporarily Shuts Down by dreamxhaser: 10:03pm On Apr 23
Sheuns:
If I were the parent of the bully, that woman that slapped my child will have her ass sued. We are condemning the girl's act of bullying but still praising the woman that slapped her.

Abegiiiiiii

If an me, I go wire 10 slaps no cap.
Re: Parent Slaps Bully At Abuja British School: Institution Temporarily Shuts Down by Eriokanmi: 10:04pm On Apr 23
Wizzyonyxphoenix:

I detest comments like these....
Justifying evil shamelessly...
So because of the animalistic conditions you were subjected to as a child, it is now okay for a child to inflict undue pain on another person's child in the name of trying to make them stronger? Did you even watch the video to see how helpless and defenceless the girl being bullied really felt? If it were your daughter that was being slapped that way, you would tell her to chest it because it would make her stronger Abi?
You're obviously a very shallow minded human being and it is very dangerous to have someone like you parent a child. Honestly.
See this one grin. My daughter graduated from one of the best schools in lagos. She's a 200L student in a reputable university studying medicine. The 2nd is an engineering student. Dey play.

As standard as my daughter's school used to be, seniors would send them on errands and you dared not refuse, if you do, you'd be severely punished and you dared not report to any teacher. Bully can never end in schools. What I don't like is a form of undue physical assault. My daughter once told me she's been asked to fetch water and pour on a bare flow a couple of times at a distance. I simply smiled...cos that was small compared to what you called animalistic conditions we were subjected to, that have made us a better person today.

What a generation of overpampered children are you people raising. No wonder morals are turning upside down. The other day, someone said no teacher dares flog his son, are you for real?
Re: Parent Slaps Bully At Abuja British School: Institution Temporarily Shuts Down by oluwaseyi0: 10:05pm On Apr 23
Yugoslavia247:
Emotion at play
Still wrong slapping the child
Na the teacher or principal Dem suppose slap
Or the parent of the child. Make e be man to man.

The bully na spoilt brat wey Dem agbado miscreants go later serve as servants.

Students that even bully teachers and principal

Forget that thing, there is nothing most of the teachers can do unless they want 'trouble' from the parents

A friend of mine has been sacked just for telling a pupil to raise up his hand and close his eyes
Re: Parent Slaps Bully At Abuja British School: Institution Temporarily Shuts Down by Eriokanmi: 10:05pm On Apr 23
JessicaRabbit:

How exactly is cutting grass and getting caned a solution to all forms of unruly behavior? Arguing that it "toughened you up" is just you romanticizing abuse. At best, the ordeals you went through were just hazing rituals that taught you blind obedience, not empathy or conflict resolution.
It changed me for the better. Each time I remembered those punishments, I'd behave myself.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Man Caught With Human Skulls In Ogun (Photo) / SARS Officer, Police Inspector Killed In Port-Harcourt At Suspect's House / β€˜the Police Arrested Me, Tied Me To Their Van And Shot Me Over N40'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.