Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,806 members, 7,820,819 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:29 PM

Parent Slaps Bully At Abuja British School: Institution Temporarily Shuts Down - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Parent Slaps Bully At Abuja British School: Institution Temporarily Shuts Down (35343 Views)

Man Kills His Childhood Bully At A School Reunion, 50 Years Later (Photos) / Man Kills School Bully At Reunion After Bearing 53-year Grudge / Lady Slaps Man On ATM Queue. He Walks Away (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Parent Slaps Bully At Abuja British School: Institution Temporarily Shuts Down by Eriokanmi: 10:07pm On Apr 23
naijapips02:

They made you a coward. That is why you cannot stand up for your rights today
Indeed. But I could stand up and receive the American president's handshake. Read my previous post in this. Dey play
Re: Parent Slaps Bully At Abuja British School: Institution Temporarily Shuts Down by JessicaRabbit(f): 10:11pm On Apr 23
Eriokanmi:
Every form of correction is called bully in our society,SMH!. This takes different dimensions, mind you. If a student physically assaulted a fellow, it should be frowned at. But when a senior punished or scolded a child, don't raise eyebrows its not bully. When a senior punished you ober a wrongdoing, they call it bully nowadays.
I've been called all manner of names in my sec school days and I've called my mates names too nobody died as a result. Till today, we still call ourselves those names at our physical set meetings, likewise on WhatsApp group. We'd just laugh over it meanwhile in those days, e dey pain us cos no be d name our parents give us. Nobody died as a result of these.

We're raising a generation of over pampered students and we're ok by it. It's not right.

This is an absurd position to hold on this issue. However, simply because this kind of thinking is very prevalent in this country, I won't blame you entirely. Now first of all, there's a world of difference between a senior playfully ribbing their mates with (hopefully!) good-natured nicknames and straight-up bullying. The latter breaks people down. It's about power and humiliation, dominating someone else and making him/her feel inferior in every sense of the word.

Is correction necessary? Absolutely! But any good teacher, parent, friend, or really anyone close to you has a thousand and one ways to correct you without having to debase you by calling you names or shaming you up in public. That's how to show respect for someone: by focusing on their behavior in a constructive manner. Feel free to teach your kids to be tough, but please try not to normalize outright cruelty while you're at it!

2 Likes

Re: Parent Slaps Bully At Abuja British School: Institution Temporarily Shuts Down by chrisblack1234: 10:17pm On Apr 23
Wat if no one did video...ban the school forever..useless rich people
Re: Parent Slaps Bully At Abuja British School: Institution Temporarily Shuts Down by JessicaRabbit(f): 10:17pm On Apr 23
Eriokanmi:
It changed me for the better. Each time I remembered those punishments, I'd behave myself.

Interesting. Dependence on fear as a motivator. I'm curious, have you ever heard of positive reinforcement?
Re: Parent Slaps Bully At Abuja British School: Institution Temporarily Shuts Down by imagrg(m): 10:18pm On Apr 23
She could have slapped her for sharing same preek with her. grin
Re: Parent Slaps Bully At Abuja British School: Institution Temporarily Shuts Down by Lawag3: 10:29pm On Apr 23
Re: Parent Slaps Bully At Abuja British School: Institution Temporarily Shuts Down by Eriokanmi: 10:30pm On Apr 23
JessicaRabbit:

Interesting. Dependence on fear as a motivator. I'm curious, have you ever heard of positive reinforcement?
I didn't change out of fear. When you did something bad and you got punished. You sit down and ask yourself, so this thing is really bad but I didn't know all these while, until I got punished. I'd rather not do it again and even teach others the danger inherent in doing it or its consequence in the long run.

My mates knew i was fearless in those days. I had beaten up a senior cos he seized my slippers and I got servery punished for that by his mates. I later realised it was a bad habit to beat up someone higher or older than you. I should have reported him to one of the teachers instead.

Imagine I was pampered for being so unruly. I'd have continued until I'd meet someone stronger than I outside and got hurt or maimed. But i was stopped early and I realised it was a bad habit early as well
Re: Parent Slaps Bully At Abuja British School: Institution Temporarily Shuts Down by Lawag3: 10:31pm On Apr 23
NeoWanZaeed:
If people recording any act of crime are also prosecuted, we'll have peace with nonsense video clips

So the person who recorded it was wrong?

Or shouldn't have recorded it? Is that what you're saying? Because you don't make sense

1 Like

Re: Parent Slaps Bully At Abuja British School: Institution Temporarily Shuts Down by kalufelix(m): 10:38pm On Apr 23
Exousiang01:

Did you read the part where I said I don't spare the rod?
You obviously were not properly brought up.
If you were you won't come up here to insult me.
man chill.. you cannot parent your children alone...you hear say teacher knock your son you come dey fume..what kind of parents does that? You discipline your child to respect an authourity not just your authourity reason you enrolled them..your kids are likely to spend more hours in school and among their peers than with you except on weekends and holidays...also you encourage your kids to mobilse themselves to attack an enemy like some cult (family) frat...man you are raising spoilt children with your 500k..

2 Likes

Re: Parent Slaps Bully At Abuja British School: Institution Temporarily Shuts Down by garfield1: 10:40pm On Apr 23
Eriokanmi:
Bully here bully there , yen,yen,yen.

Our society is so rotten now. In my time a senior would ask me to go and pick my cutlass, he would take me to an open field and measure up to 100m portion for me to cut every morning before assembly. They would flog us with cane. You dare not report them

Nowadays, we keep sparing the rod and spoiling the child. The so-called bullying nowadays were a commonplace in those days. They only made us become a much stronger generation. In many schools,.you dare not beat a student nowadays. Nonsense! In remember the first time I toasted a girl as an SS2 student...heeey, my senior caught us, punished me like kilodee. He said, so you want to end your career at sec schl abi? You want to end up in a village with her after integrating her? I can't forget that day. The fear made me to not have time for girls till I gained admission, graduated and went for my nysc before I knew what's called gf. The punishment really shaped me up.

In 2016 @ Day waterman college where each student pays up to 5.3m naira per session, a student approached his teacher openly and wooed her, even promising to give her triple what the shool was paying her if she could allow him sleep with her. What bullying could be worse than that from a student to his teacher grin? Yet, they couldn't do anything about it cos once the student reports to his parents that they're punishing him, they'd withdraw him and the school wouldn't want to lose money so they just ignored that.

Who born that student in our time? Na to flog am openly for assembly ground and call his parents to take him away. That would be his end in that school and it's environs. Today, the reverse is the case. I imagine what the next generation would look like.

Oga,this one is different na.this is pure wickedness and bullying from classmates na

1 Like

Re: Parent Slaps Bully At Abuja British School: Institution Temporarily Shuts Down by garfield1: 10:42pm On Apr 23
ghostcenturion:
I just wish there was video then when Mercy slapped me for not turning on FAN for her.
That was an annoying day for a girl in ss3 to slap jss3 boy in calabar.

I took that pain in, tried to save face and her boyfreind who was in the hostel with me then also slapped me for talking back.

I did what i could do and served my revenge cold to the boyfreind instead.

He made a mistake of sending me water during their graduation,
i fetched it, urinated inside and took it to the bathroom.

Done

You are just like me,retaliating silently and I am a howadian
Re: Parent Slaps Bully At Abuja British School: Institution Temporarily Shuts Down by aremubabs: 10:54pm On Apr 23
CoronaVirusPro:
Parents need to start teaching their kids gun handling. Taken them to ranges often so they can defend themselves when it matters.

If the victim had shot the bully dead, it would have been addressed as self defense, and probably will get few years behind bars for illegal possession of arms.

Every parent should perfect the arms handling of their kids before they turn 15. Fights wont be fought with punches o Mr slaps in the future. He/she with better handling wins.

There is something wrong with you mentally.

Honestly, society is not safe with you walking free. And you should not be allowed to have children.
Re: Parent Slaps Bully At Abuja British School: Institution Temporarily Shuts Down by Eriokanmi: 10:55pm On Apr 23
garfield1:

Oga,this one is different na.this is pure wickedness and bullying from classmates na
Guy, you and your class mate never do this before? You be butty? All these acts make you strong and courageous in the long run.

Let me share something funny with you. Last week I was going to turn at a place called meiran if you're conversant with that place in Lagos. As soon as the traffic eased and I was moving towards the turning point, a guy was talking to me so I wound down. I thought he wanted to tell me something meaningful. Meanwhile there was another guy to my right who was looking into the car to steal. I didn't know i was being talked to, by the one by my side to distract me. My earbuds were worn. Suddenly I realised the music I was enjoying was fading. I looked at the place where I put my phone, it wasn't there anymore. Meanwhile I saw a guy who dashed off my side, pretending to be clearing the road for me. I saw my phone in his hand as he pretended to be clearing the road and moving away. I quickly dashed out of the vehicle,.locked it and chased this guy. The other guy who was distracting me quickly ran to him and collected the phone and gave me back. I now went back to my vehicle. People around me didn't know what happened as I had caused a heavy traffic.

That's one of the stuffs the secondary schl experience would make you become. I was like mumu before but that mumu was taken out of me and I became fearless till date. A butty person would just be looking as they run away with his phone. I fear nobody. I attend protests willingly and even address gatherings in the presence of the police
Re: Parent Slaps Bully At Abuja British School: Institution Temporarily Shuts Down by aremubabs: 11:10pm On Apr 23
Exousiang01:
No one touches my kids in school anymore.
I have 4 boys, a set of twins and two younger ones.
The rules are simple, any student touches your younger one y'all go beat them up.
A teacher touches you I will take care of it.
My babymama called me to say she went to pick them from school and walked in on the teacher knocking my son on the head.
Few days later I returned from Abuja, went to get them from school myself, I simply called the teacher aside and told him " This is the first and very last time I will have this kinda conversation with you inside the school compound, the next time you touch my son I would be waiting for you outside the school and I won't be talking"
I have also informed the headteacher, if it happens again, I am withdrawing my 4 sons and someone will spend a long time in the hospital.

I am an advocate of not sparing the rode but teachers are now going to school to unleash their frustration on kids.
I am not paying half a million for you to turn my son to a punching bag

Your parenting is poor. I am a teacher. I have dealt with children who have parents like you.

Because their parents enable them, they most of the time report out of mischief, and the father would be hurrying to school to create a scene.

There was one parent in particular. He was not violent, so he never put his hands on any teacher. He was a lawyer and would threaten you with lawsuit for as little as scolding his child in class.

At a point, I was class teacher of the boy's class. One day, during Valentine's Day, we found packs of condom in his bag. The boy denied knowing how they got into his bag. Every teacher was scared of interrogating him. Even the principal could not interrogate him. At closing time, the boy left the class. Then, some minutes later, he returned with his father who was looking furious. The man started shouting that I should not hurt his child emotionally. That why did I scold him. I told the father that we found condom in his son's bag. The father asked the son if he knew anything about the condom, the boy said no. The father now told me that his son can never lie. If he said he didn't know how the condom got there, then that is it.

I was shocked.

Another one of such spoilt brats would report every thing that happened in school, and the father or mother will be in school the next day to complain or quarrel. The boy will not write notes. You can't punish him. You can't flog him. Yet, the parents will complain during Open Day that their son does not write notes. If you tell them that other students write notes, they will say it is your fault that their son is not writing notes.

God! Sometimes, I want to lay these bad parents down and beat the hell out of them for being so poor in parenting.

1 Like

Re: Parent Slaps Bully At Abuja British School: Institution Temporarily Shuts Down by neoG(f): 11:15pm On Apr 23
I am really worried. The consequences of freedom and aje butter era will backfire so hard. Seriously I am worried. So many new generation parents have failed and are still failing.
Eriokanmi:

Our society is so rotten now. In my time a senior would ask me to go and pick my cutlass, he would take me to an open field and measure up to 100m portion for me to cut every morning before assembly. They would flog us with cane. You dare not report them

Nowadays, we keep sparing the rod and spoiling the child. The so-called bullying nowadays were a commonplace in those days. They only made us become a much stronger generation. In many schools,.you dare not beat a student nowadays. Nonsense! In remember the first time I toasted a girl as an SS2 student...heeey, my senior caught us, punished me like kilodee. He said, so you want to end your career at sec schl abi? You want to end up in a village with her after integrating her? I can't forget that day. The fear made me to not have time for girls till I gained admission, graduated and went for my nysc before I knew what's called gf. The punishment really shaped me up.

In 2016 @ Day waterman college where each student pays up to 5.3m naira per session, a student approached his teacher openly and wooed her, even promising to give her triple what the shool was paying her if she could allow him sleep with her. What bullying could be worse than that from a student to his teacher grin? Yet, they couldn't do anything about it cos once the student reports to his parents that they're punishing him, they'd withdraw him and the school wouldn't want to lose money so they just ignored that.

Who born that student in our time? Na to flog am openly for assembly ground and call his parents to take him away. That would be his end in that school and it's environs. Today, the reverse is the case. I imagine what the next generation would look like.
Re: Parent Slaps Bully At Abuja British School: Institution Temporarily Shuts Down by JessicaRabbit(f): 11:15pm On Apr 23
Eriokanmi:
I didn't change out of fear. When you did something bad and you got punished. You sit down and ask yourself, so this thing is really bad but I didn't know all these while, until I got punished. I'd rather not do it again and even teach others the danger inherent in doing it or its consequence in the long run.

My mates knew i was fearless in those days. I had beaten up a senior cos he seized my slippers and I got servery punished for that by his mates. I later realised it was a bad habit to beat up someone higher or older than you. I should have reported him to one of the teachers instead.

Imagine I was pampered for being so unruly. I'd have continued until I'd meet someone stronger than I outside and got hurt or maimed. But i was stopped early and I realised it was a bad habit early as well

Well, indeed you could have had the opportunity to learn about navigating authority figures, right and wrong within a system, if you had just reported the guy who took your slippers... maybe even learn a thing or two about conflict resolution.

Punishment might slam the brakes on a bad habit, but positive reinforcement steers you towards a better path. Just imagine that you got praised for reporting that guy, and maybe got those pilfered slippers replaced with a cool new pair. Now that's a lesson that sticks, with a reward that motivates future good behavior. There's always a place for consequences, but fostering good choices from the get-go is quite simply, a more humanist approach.
Re: Parent Slaps Bully At Abuja British School: Institution Temporarily Shuts Down by aremubabs: 11:17pm On Apr 23
kalufelix:
man chill.. you cannot parent your children alone...you hear say teacher knock your son you come dey fume..what kind of parents does that? You discipline your child to respect an authourity not just your authourity reason you enrolled them..your kids are likely to spend more hours in school and among their peers than with you except on weekends and holidays...also you encourage your kids to mobilse themselves to attack an enemy like some cult (family) frat...man you are raising spoilt children with your 500k..

He is a poor parent.

Everything is not about money. You see these wealthy people, many of them are so poor at parenting.

There are many of them in the school where my wife and I teach.

Before, I used to be strict, but not anymore.

Normally, parents transfer parental rights to teachers when they drop their children at school, but if you don't want me to parent your child under my authority, I let that child rot. I collect my salary at the end of the month. To hell with spoilt brats and the parents who encourage them.

1 Like

Re: Parent Slaps Bully At Abuja British School: Institution Temporarily Shuts Down by Bankowner: 11:17pm On Apr 23
The student attempted to leave the situation to avoid a confrontation, but the enraged parent pushed her and questioned, "Did you give birth to her?" The student mumbled incomprehensible words, prompting the angry parent to slap her until other elderly individuals intervened to de-escalate the situation.

The bully may have been wrong but it did not confer any right on another parent to slap her over the misdeed. I will encourage the parents of the bully to sue that over zealous parent who slapped their daughter. How is that parent different from a bully?
Re: Parent Slaps Bully At Abuja British School: Institution Temporarily Shuts Down by Eriokanmi: 12:15am On Apr 24
neoG:
I am really worried. The consequences of freedom and aje butter era will backfire so hard. Seriously I am worried. So many new generation parents have failed and are still failing.
Say it loud, my sis

1 Like

Re: Parent Slaps Bully At Abuja British School: Institution Temporarily Shuts Down by bizzibodi(m): 12:39am On Apr 24
The Bully should be expelled,we still have d ugly memory of what happened in chrisland & deeperlife schools.
Re: Parent Slaps Bully At Abuja British School: Institution Temporarily Shuts Down by Inobeyourmate: 1:07am On Apr 24
Yugoslavia247:
Emotion at play
Still wrong slapping the child
Na the teacher or principal Dem suppose slap
Or the parent of the child. Make e be man to man.

The bully na spoilt brat wey Dem agbado miscreants go later serve as servants.
Ode suppose dey among your names, so nah principal them suppose slap? Some of you go just Dey reason like oloriburuku online and Dey cap like were
Re: Parent Slaps Bully At Abuja British School: Institution Temporarily Shuts Down by malvisguy212: 2:30am On Apr 24
ComputerOperato:
The parent that slapped the bully deserves a medal.

I pity the girl that was bullied sha.
She will be in trauma and the scene will play in her head for a long time.

This incidence will also change her positively or negatively.

I pray it's positive and that she learn how to stand for herself.

you pity the girl that was bully ? I don't oo. a secondary school girl who get involved with a fight because of boyfriend ? if look closely, the girl just seat silent when they slap her say alot. if you wrong your friend, and you are at fault. if the friend try to punch you, you wouldn't respond.
Re: Parent Slaps Bully At Abuja British School: Institution Temporarily Shuts Down by aswani(m): 6:33am On Apr 24
Bankowner:

The bully may have been wrong but it did not confer any right on another parent to slap her over the misdeed. I will encourage the parents of the bully to sue that over zealous parent who slapped their daughter. How is that parent different from a bully?

The rights to slap the taste out of her mouth was conferred when she put hands on another student.

The parent is not slapping any student, she is getting even for what was done to her child by a spoilt out of control brat. I bet you the girl will be keeping her hand to herself moving forward which is a good thing.

She is lucky she didn't slap the child of a millitary personnel, she and her parents would have spent time in the guardroom.

I beg you even her own parents wouldn't defend her to slap the woman on her behalf.
Re: Parent Slaps Bully At Abuja British School: Institution Temporarily Shuts Down by Exousiang01: 6:59am On Apr 24
aremubabs:

Your parenting is poor. I am a teacher. I have dealt with children who have parents like you.

Because their parents enable them, they most of the time report out of mischief, and the father would be hurrying to school to create a scene.

There was one parent in particular. He was not violent, so he never put his hands on any teacher. He was a lawyer and would threaten you with lawsuit for as little as scolding his child in class.

At a point, I was class teacher of the boy's class. One day, during Valentine's Day, we found packs of condom in his bag. The boy denied knowing how they got into his bag. Every teacher was scared of interrogating him. Even the principal could not interrogate him. At closing time, the boy left the class. Then, some minutes later, he returned with his father who was looking furious. The man started shouting that I should not hurt his child emotionally. That why did I scold him. I told the father that we found condom in his son's bag. The father asked the son if he knew anything about the condom, the boy said no. The father now told me that his son can never lie. If he said he didn't know how the condom got there, then that is it.

I was shocked.

Another one of such spoilt brats would report every thing that happened in school, and the father or mother will be in school the next day to complain or quarrel. The boy will not write notes. You can't punish him. You can't flog him. Yet, the parents will complain during Open Day that their son does not write notes. If you tell them that other students write notes, they will say it is your fault that their son is not writing notes.

God! Sometimes, I want to lay these bad parents down and beat the hell out of them for being so poor in parenting.

First of, you have never met a patent like me, a good teacher should know how to listen, you obviously are not a good one, cos you would have seen the part where I said I don't spare the rod,
Their mother comes to pick them from school everyday, simply report whatever kind of misbehavior and justice will be done right away. Just last term I kicked my sons was in school because he got his uniform very dirty so you are actually very wrong...
My son misbehaves, tell me.
Learn listen, you are obviously the type of teacher who doesn't listen to students.
Re: Parent Slaps Bully At Abuja British School: Institution Temporarily Shuts Down by Exousiang01: 7:02am On Apr 24
kalufelix:

Make I chill, you are hitting my sons for playing after close of school
Was he supposed to play during classes....
Re: Parent Slaps Bully At Abuja British School: Institution Temporarily Shuts Down by Ebubu: 7:24am On Apr 24
Eriokanmi:

If you h iv e that kind of punishment to my child today, i would skin you alive.
Re: Parent Slaps Bully At Abuja British School: Institution Temporarily Shuts Down by BarrElChapo(m): 8:14am On Apr 24
Only one slap wey no even catch her face properly 😏
Re: Parent Slaps Bully At Abuja British School: Institution Temporarily Shuts Down by nurudeen181(m): 8:42am On Apr 24
the woman that slapped the bully didn't give birth to the bully, bully everywhere, everyone needs justice, the parent that slapped the bully must pay the price too.
Re: Parent Slaps Bully At Abuja British School: Institution Temporarily Shuts Down by Bfly: 8:43am On Apr 24
Bullying the bully is still an offense.
Re: Parent Slaps Bully At Abuja British School: Institution Temporarily Shuts Down by countryman13: 9:27am On Apr 24
Yugoslavia247:
Emotion at play
Still wrong slapping the child
Na the teacher or principal Dem suppose slap
Or the parent of the child. Make e be man to man.

The bully na spoilt brat wey Dem agbado miscreants go later serve as servants.
Na lie! E good say na d idiot collect by herself. Her parents sent her to school to go and bully? Don't go to your child's or children school n try dt before dey reset your brain to factory settings ooooo.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

10 Nigerian Drug Dealers Busted By Police In Italy, Set To Be Deported. Photos / Court Remands Mompha In Prison Custody Over N33 Billion Fraud / MAIGARI GAGARAU, Man Who Started The Crisis Between Fulani Herdsmen & Mambillas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.