Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,334 members, 7,819,152 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:00 PM

Oyebanji Inaugurates Ekiti Agro Marshals To Protect Farmlands, Schools, Palaces - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oyebanji Inaugurates Ekiti Agro Marshals To Protect Farmlands, Schools, Palaces (7257 Views)

Governor Oyebanji Inaugurates Southwest Zonal Public Health Laboratory / Gunmen Kidnap Acho Ndukwe & Paul Ogbu (2 Imo Monarchs) Burn Palaces / 2023: Ex-Senators, Others Storm Alaafin, Olubadan Palaces, Woo Them For Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oyebanji Inaugurates Ekiti Agro Marshals To Protect Farmlands, Schools, Palaces by AngelGabbyShara(m): 5:14pm On Apr 24
Oyebanji inaugurates Ekiti Agro Marshals to protect farmlands, schools, palaces

As part of his administration’s resolve to ensure a safer environment, Ekiti State Governor, Mr. Biodun Oyebanji has inaugurated the Ekiti Agro Marshals to safeguard farmlands, schools, and palaces across the state.

This is with a view to creating a conducive environment for farming to thrive, thereby boosting food security in the state.

Speaking during the passing out parade of the Marshalls in Ado- Ekiti on Tuesday, the Governor said the local security outfit is designed to compliment efforts of the Police and other security agencies in the war against criminality in the state.

The Governor explained that the Agro Marshals became necessary following the instruction of the President to the Governors to set up a Special Guard to protect farmlands and the forest. This, in addition to suggestions of the security council and that of the traditional rulers in the state, led to the establishment of the new outfit.

Emphasizing the importance of securing agricultural resources, educational institutions and cultural heritage sites to ensure sustainable development and communal harmony, Governor Oyebanji said the main mandate of the Marshals is to ensure that farmlands, palaces and schools are protected across the state.

Oyebanji, while maintaining that his government remains committed to security of lives and property of the citizens in the state, expressed his confidence that, with the right collaboration between the Marshals and other security agencies, Ekiti will be the safest place in the country.

He added that the initiative is a collaborative effort between the state, the local government and traditional institution to safeguard the lives of farmers in order to enhance safety on the farms thereby boosting food production and food security.

The Governor charged the Marshals not to violate the fundamental human rights of the citizen but discharged their duties diligently within the confine of the constitution of the country.

“They are to compliments the efforts of the formal security apparatus, they are not to replace them, they are to work together , gather intelligence but their main mandate is to ensure our farmlands, palaces and schools are protected and because they are local they have access to intelligence, understand the community and the environment.

“I charge the officers not to violate the fundamental human rights of the citizens, you cannot be arbitrary and everything you are going to do must be done within the confine of the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria”. The Governor asserted.

Earlier in his remarks, the Commander of the Marshals, Rtd. ACP Olamide Oni who commended the Governor for ensuring that the people of the state can sleep with their two eyes closed, said the Matshals have been trained on the requirements for carrying out their duties effectively and efficiently.

He assured the Governor that the state would henceforth experience peace on the various farmlands and forests.

In his goodwill message, the Chairman, Council of Traditional rulers, Oba Ilori Faboro on behalf of all royal fathers in the state, expressed his appreciation to the Governor for all his efforts at ensuring that Ekiti remain the safest state in the country and assured the Governor that Royal fathers in the state would provide necessary support to the Marshals.

https://www.facebook.com/share/p/EsL8bKHqbCxTyYDN/?mibextid=oFDknk

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oyebanji Inaugurates Ekiti Agro Marshals To Protect Farmlands, Schools, Palaces by ElSudani: 5:17pm On Apr 24
The kernel of Ekiti State Police. Says my crystal ball.

6 Likes

Re: Oyebanji Inaugurates Ekiti Agro Marshals To Protect Farmlands, Schools, Palaces by SpecialAdviser(m): 5:29pm On Apr 24
Today Amotekun
Tommorrow Agro Marshalls
Next tommorrow another daft group.
The killing continues.
If I remember the NOISE and the fanfare that followed that political Amotekun, I wonder.
Even daft Igbo politicians go form Agu nonesense.

God bless ESN. God bless MNK.
Only Igbos are serious to free themselves aswear.

16 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Oyebanji Inaugurates Ekiti Agro Marshals To Protect Farmlands, Schools, Palaces by Asmmi: 5:45pm On Apr 24
Long overdue
Re: Oyebanji Inaugurates Ekiti Agro Marshals To Protect Farmlands, Schools, Palaces by tunwumi: 5:46pm On Apr 24
Ok
Re: Oyebanji Inaugurates Ekiti Agro Marshals To Protect Farmlands, Schools, Palaces by ko40(m): 5:46pm On Apr 24
[quote author=SpecialAdviser post=129614289][b]Today Amotekun
Tommorrow Agro Marshalls
The killing continues.
If I remember the NOISE and the fanfare that followed that political Amotekun, I wonder.

You need serious REST. May God heal you.
Re: Oyebanji Inaugurates Ekiti Agro Marshals To Protect Farmlands, Schools, Palaces by OmoAlphonso101: 5:47pm On Apr 24
We shall be alright one day shay
Re: Oyebanji Inaugurates Ekiti Agro Marshals To Protect Farmlands, Schools, Palaces by Christlike01: 5:48pm On Apr 24
Nice one Mr Governor.
Re: Oyebanji Inaugurates Ekiti Agro Marshals To Protect Farmlands, Schools, Palaces by Iykopee(m): 5:49pm On Apr 24
State police or nothing. they can continue to inaugurate useless group it won't change anything..

8 Likes

Re: Oyebanji Inaugurates Ekiti Agro Marshals To Protect Farmlands, Schools, Palaces by Greenfusion: 5:50pm On Apr 24
Una go inaugurate tire, you all know the right things to do but una refuse to do them......stip corruption, build nigeria genuinely, stop stealing, reduce hunger and all these crimes would reduce drastically.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oyebanji Inaugurates Ekiti Agro Marshals To Protect Farmlands, Schools, Palaces by 2023Blessed: 5:52pm On Apr 24
I am in support of anything that will being an end to the unprovoked killings by those Fulani marauders and kidnappers.

But what really happened to Amotekun?
Re: Oyebanji Inaugurates Ekiti Agro Marshals To Protect Farmlands, Schools, Palaces by Kay25(m): 5:52pm On Apr 24
SpecialAdviser:
Today Amotekun
Tommorrow Agro Marshalls
The killing continues.

Everything na igbo yet even ur unborn children will still serve fulani with no emancipation in view not to talk of presidency

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Oyebanji Inaugurates Ekiti Agro Marshals To Protect Farmlands, Schools, Palaces by Bfly: 5:52pm On Apr 24
This one no too go well o Oyebanji.
Re: Oyebanji Inaugurates Ekiti Agro Marshals To Protect Farmlands, Schools, Palaces by Stronghold91: 5:53pm On Apr 24
All this one's are not sophisticated enough to combat with fulani herdsmen

2 Likes

Re: Oyebanji Inaugurates Ekiti Agro Marshals To Protect Farmlands, Schools, Palaces by okoroemeka(m): 5:54pm On Apr 24
ElSudani:
The kernel of Ekiti State Police. Says my crystal ball.
is it not because of herdsmen menace all this is happening,why not just ban open grazing

1 Like

Re: Oyebanji Inaugurates Ekiti Agro Marshals To Protect Farmlands, Schools, Palaces by adioolayi(m): 5:55pm On Apr 24
SpecialAdviser:
Today Amotekun
Tommorrow Agro Marshalls
The killing continues.

Amotekun is functioning well for the purpose it was setup...at least in OYO State.

Can you say same for ESN anywhere in South East

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Oyebanji Inaugurates Ekiti Agro Marshals To Protect Farmlands, Schools, Palaces by MorolayoVictor(m): 5:56pm On Apr 24
Wow
Re: Oyebanji Inaugurates Ekiti Agro Marshals To Protect Farmlands, Schools, Palaces by jiz: 5:57pm On Apr 24
Welldone Mr Governor
Re: Oyebanji Inaugurates Ekiti Agro Marshals To Protect Farmlands, Schools, Palaces by ElSudani: 5:57pm On Apr 24
okoroemeka:
is it not because of herdsmen menace all this is happening,why not just ban open grazing

That could be done as well. Anything to make us safe.

1 Like

Re: Oyebanji Inaugurates Ekiti Agro Marshals To Protect Farmlands, Schools, Palaces by tefishy(m): 5:59pm On Apr 24
Not bad.
If dem no gree do state police, at least those governors go find another means to solve the security challenges facing them
Re: Oyebanji Inaugurates Ekiti Agro Marshals To Protect Farmlands, Schools, Palaces by Ezini(f): 6:01pm On Apr 24
SpecialAdviser:
Today Amotekun
Tommorrow Agro Marshalls
The killing continues.

Must you drive home your point with tribal comparisons

After all there is serious kidnapping in enugu and lopkanta

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oyebanji Inaugurates Ekiti Agro Marshals To Protect Farmlands, Schools, Palaces by pikechukwu6(m): 6:10pm On Apr 24
Their own thing different... What happened to Amoteku grin grin

1 Like

Re: Oyebanji Inaugurates Ekiti Agro Marshals To Protect Farmlands, Schools, Palaces by SpecialAdviser(m): 6:12pm On Apr 24
Ezini:

Must you drive home your point with tribal comparisons

After all there is serious kidnapping in enugu and lopkanta
The tribal comparison is necessary and yes there are kidnappings in Enugu. But do you know why? I have always wondered why a large number of Yorubas trust their looting politicians and all the shengarighan they do. They chose to come here and troll the very rugged ESN answering the Fulani bandits in the language they understand.

Trust no politician bro. They are all using your head. Radicals bring about the real change. How can an educated people be pampering a maga like BUHARI who wanted to steal their lands for RUGA? Mbanu, no answer to it.
Re: Oyebanji Inaugurates Ekiti Agro Marshals To Protect Farmlands, Schools, Palaces by occfx: 6:14pm On Apr 24
AngelGabbyShara:
Oyebanji inaugurates Ekiti Agro Marshals to protect farmlands, schools, palaces

https://www.facebook.com/share/p/EsL8bKHqbCxTyYDN/?mibextid=oFDknk

Without Ak47, you are risking your lives
Re: Oyebanji Inaugurates Ekiti Agro Marshals To Protect Farmlands, Schools, Palaces by wolebest: 6:19pm On Apr 24
SpecialAdviser:
Today Amotekun
Tommorrow Agro Marshalls
The killing continues.

Continue to monkey yourself on IPOB and ESSN

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oyebanji Inaugurates Ekiti Agro Marshals To Protect Farmlands, Schools, Palaces by SpecialAdviser(m): 6:19pm On Apr 24
Iykopee:
State police or nothing. they can continue to inaugurate useless group it won't change anything..
Kikikiki. Thank God you know they are useless. How can a group who cannot charge someone to court but working with the government function?

1 Like

Re: Oyebanji Inaugurates Ekiti Agro Marshals To Protect Farmlands, Schools, Palaces by wolebest: 6:19pm On Apr 24
SpecialAdviser:
Today Amotekun
Tommorrow Agro Marshalls
The killing continues.

Continue to monkey yourself on IPOB and ESN
Re: Oyebanji Inaugurates Ekiti Agro Marshals To Protect Farmlands, Schools, Palaces by Front0lane: 6:19pm On Apr 24
Typical obidient ipob with their foolish comment

SpecialAdviser:
Today Amotekun
Tommorrow Agro Marshalls
The killing continues.

Re: Oyebanji Inaugurates Ekiti Agro Marshals To Protect Farmlands, Schools, Palaces by Believeintruth: 6:24pm On Apr 24
Kay25:
Everything na igbo yet even ur unborn children will still serve fulani with no emancipation in view not to talk of presidency

This comment from you was not wise at all.
Re: Oyebanji Inaugurates Ekiti Agro Marshals To Protect Farmlands, Schools, Palaces by Phantom233: 6:29pm On Apr 24
Not even a baton, wetin dem go carry go after the terrorist?🤔
Re: Oyebanji Inaugurates Ekiti Agro Marshals To Protect Farmlands, Schools, Palaces by Bigseven(m): 6:29pm On Apr 24
Jos needs this even more organization with single order. Shoot and kill on sight any land intruder, bandit, Fulani militia and any one disturbing the peace on the plateau

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

EKITI BREAKING News: Hausa,Yoruba Clash...3 Feared Dead(photos) / EXPLOSIVE!!! Secret 1914 Amalgamation Document Finally EXPOSED (PHOTOS) / Economic Diversification: CBN Will Invest To Create Jobs, Wealth — Emefiele

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.