Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,848 members, 7,841,209 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 01:28 AM

Price Hike: Ondo Monarch Bans Forced Association Membership On Traders - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Price Hike: Ondo Monarch Bans Forced Association Membership On Traders (15063 Views)

Alex Otti Visits Ariaria Market, Orders Cessation Of Police Hostility On Traders / States, Police Clamp Down On Traders Rejecting Old Notes / Atiku Abubakar Reacts To Fuel Price Hike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Price Hike: Ondo Monarch Bans Forced Association Membership On Traders by Stronghold91: 1:22pm On Apr 28
This oba suppose be Governor
he would be a better leader

1 Like

Re: Price Hike: Ondo Monarch Bans Forced Association Membership On Traders by NothingDoMe: 1:29pm On Apr 28
Traditional councils do not have the legal right to seal off filling stations for selling above pump price. That's the work of the government agencies. If them sue/arrest una now una go begin blab.
Re: Price Hike: Ondo Monarch Bans Forced Association Membership On Traders by Bullfallo(m): 1:29pm On Apr 28
Pos association in enugu market did meeting to increase price the same flooring. The association claims to protect one another to make more money. Their aims is only for their interest.

1 Like

Re: Price Hike: Ondo Monarch Bans Forced Association Membership On Traders by richeeyo(m): 1:33pm On Apr 28
Lalami3232:
Nice initiative from the monarch!!!
But sir, pls I wish to crave your intelligence, can you also allow DNA test to be mandatory for all SIMPS who married non-virgins a.k.a boreholes? What do I even know sef aside enlightening my fellow men nationwide with the good news.

Oga if you no meet your wife as a virgin, oga go for DNA test oooooo because boreholes aka non-virgins can't be trusted
I hope same applies to your mom and sisters
Re: Price Hike: Ondo Monarch Bans Forced Association Membership On Traders by tolexy007(m): 1:37pm On Apr 28
ssogundele2003:
This is also needed in Ikare Akoko. These associations are adding more labour/cost on the buyers

Deji of Akure should follow this too.

things are just too expensive in Akure

1 Like

Re: Price Hike: Ondo Monarch Bans Forced Association Membership On Traders by deeway200(m): 1:39pm On Apr 28
Lalami3232:
But sir, pls I wish to crave your intelligence, can you also allow DNA test to be mandatory for all SIMPS who married non-virgins a.k.a boreholes? What do I even know sef aside enlightening my fellow men nationwide with the good news.

Oga if you no meet your wife as a virgin, oga go for DNA test oooooo because boreholes aka non-virgins can't be trusted
It seems you are a victim hence the campaign
Re: Price Hike: Ondo Monarch Bans Forced Association Membership On Traders by ayo2008: 1:40pm On Apr 28
Same should be replicated in Ado-Ekiti and it's envirns

2 Likes

Re: Price Hike: Ondo Monarch Bans Forced Association Membership On Traders by Thinktwicemybro: 1:40pm On Apr 28
Lalami3232:

Your sisters and your wife are bolehole too. Hope you know that. Or is your wife still a virgin?
Re: Price Hike: Ondo Monarch Bans Forced Association Membership On Traders by SEGLIZ: 1:40pm On Apr 28
May Your Reign last Long Kabiesi.

1 Like

Re: Price Hike: Ondo Monarch Bans Forced Association Membership On Traders by Shorty11: 1:40pm On Apr 28
Ọba kiladejọ , may you reigns for decades. Well said
kabiyesi. The prices in ondo Kingdom are just unbearable because no other neighbouring market beside ugelemaroko. Pls, Ọba wa ,implement the said market like shasha, kara, odosida, Akinjagunla, okeodunwo, odojomo, igba, agbogboke, ebido and okelisa without delay.

1 Like

Re: Price Hike: Ondo Monarch Bans Forced Association Membership On Traders by hotseat: 1:43pm On Apr 28
This is most commendable and timely!

First and foremost, it is illegal to be compelled to join an association or a union because our Constitution which is the grundnorm provides that there shall be "freedom of association". and it's unconditional.

Therefore the forced membership to belong to an association or a union is a contravention of the provisions of the law.

Most of these so-called unions/associations are formed primarily to make unbridled profits at the expense of hapless and helpless Nigerians.

It's high time that a halt is put to these shylock traders /sellers who take every slightest opportunity to inflict more agony to an already impoverished compatriots.

@hotseat

1 Like

Re: Price Hike: Ondo Monarch Bans Forced Association Membership On Traders by Ezmans: 1:43pm On Apr 28
Lalami3232:
But sir, pls I wish to crave your intelligence, can you also allow DNA test to be mandatory for all SIMPS who married non-virgins a.k.a boreholes? What do I even know sef aside enlightening my fellow men nationwide with the good news.ahh borehole kwa

Re: Price Hike: Ondo Monarch Bans Forced Association Membership On Traders by Cmanforall: 1:48pm On Apr 28
helinues:
Better.

Association with no benefits but instead sucking people dry with different fees

And attending burials
Re: Price Hike: Ondo Monarch Bans Forced Association Membership On Traders by Cantonese: 1:48pm On Apr 28
CodeTemplar:
I hope this helps. The core job of those associations is price fixing.
That's why 100 people can comfortably be in the business retailing and selling tomatoes when just 10 people can do it. The whole 100 instead of sharing the fixed profit will fix prices to accommodate their needs financially.

This is why pure water can sell for N20 in Yobe but N30 in Ondo where materials are cheaper and more abundant.

Especially those akara women.

What about fish buyers? Those women who buy fish from farmers? If you do not belong to the association, they call the police on you.

Is it within the legal limits of the monarch? Hopefully he’s not overstepping his limits in the kingdom and state.

However, that’s a very good move and hopefully the people can cooperate to implement them all.

That’s a forward thinking King.
Re: Price Hike: Ondo Monarch Bans Forced Association Membership On Traders by dankorode(m): 1:50pm On Apr 28
Godblessaplus1:

Waiting women do you for this life way you no fit forgive and forget?
help me ask am oo e be like say dem don show am shege before

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Price Hike: Ondo Monarch Bans Forced Association Membership On Traders by Majesty7: 1:54pm On Apr 28
Re: Price Hike: Ondo Monarch Bans Forced Association Membership On Traders by newoffer: 1:55pm On Apr 28
Great King. Lagos hope u can see

1 Like

Re: Price Hike: Ondo Monarch Bans Forced Association Membership On Traders by favour32(m): 1:59pm On Apr 28
Other kings in Nigeria should emulate this great king.
Everything should not be politics.

Formerly,it was the producers that increase prices for goods and services.

But now,the retailers have hijacked everything.
They increase prices for goods and services everyday and inform the producers instead of the other way round.

Nothing you no go see for Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Price Hike: Ondo Monarch Bans Forced Association Membership On Traders by Babastrong(m): 2:03pm On Apr 28
Pls how can i ideal with this forced charcoal association as an individual.
they've been troubling and disturbing my business because of my refusal to join them.

1 Like

Re: Price Hike: Ondo Monarch Bans Forced Association Membership On Traders by Ibile77(m): 2:04pm On Apr 28
This is a king that worthy of emulation by other kings.

1 Like

Re: Price Hike: Ondo Monarch Bans Forced Association Membership On Traders by drerocker: 2:11pm On Apr 28

1 Like

Re: Price Hike: Ondo Monarch Bans Forced Association Membership On Traders by Oseone1: 2:11pm On Apr 28
adamawaboy:
Oba is doing well
This is what all states governors ought to do. SHAME on them

1 Like

Re: Price Hike: Ondo Monarch Bans Forced Association Membership On Traders by aywagze(m): 2:15pm On Apr 28
Wise King ..he understands what a free market should be ..🤔

1 Like

Re: Price Hike: Ondo Monarch Bans Forced Association Membership On Traders by ksauthenticoi: 2:15pm On Apr 28
Lalami3232:

I feel your pains bro. Sorry, I can see you are talking from experience.
Re: Price Hike: Ondo Monarch Bans Forced Association Membership On Traders by CHAQUR: 2:16pm On Apr 28
Needed move nationwide.....!

1 Like

Re: Price Hike: Ondo Monarch Bans Forced Association Membership On Traders by Lumig: 2:16pm On Apr 28
This is an example of a proactive and a king that wants the best for his subjects and town

Ewì of Ado-Ekiti Please this is for your information and actions
Re: Price Hike: Ondo Monarch Bans Forced Association Membership On Traders by delpee(f): 2:20pm On Apr 28
Exactly what we need across the country.

God bless Osemawe. Kabiyesi o. Ade a pe lori, bata a pe lese.

1 Like

Re: Price Hike: Ondo Monarch Bans Forced Association Membership On Traders by UnfairLife7(m): 2:24pm On Apr 28
Lalami3232:

did you know your father? Have you done DNA test to confirm who is your father?
Re: Price Hike: Ondo Monarch Bans Forced Association Membership On Traders by AreaFada2: 2:27pm On Apr 28
DatNaijaGuy:
I wish same thing will be done in Benin City, Edo State. Every demonic trade union should be dismantled. That's where they come into agreement to exploit the people.
You can't sell common pepper and crayfish without being in their evil union.

Form a group, do your research on how it affects prices and how it will reduce prices in practice if dismantled. Then take it to the palace.

We know a lot of women get into debt paying fees and buying aso-ebi to attend burials and other functions forced on them by membership.

1 Like

Re: Price Hike: Ondo Monarch Bans Forced Association Membership On Traders by SWATMan: 2:29pm On Apr 28
jmoore:
How will it be implemented?

He doesn't even have such powers and yet some people are hailing him out of absolute ignorance grin forgetting that we do not run a constitutional monarchy.
Re: Price Hike: Ondo Monarch Bans Forced Association Membership On Traders by professorPABX: 2:31pm On Apr 28
peekspot:

https://punchng.com/price-hike-ondo-monarch-bans-forced-association-membership-on-traders/

Kabiyesi, thanks sir. We really appreciate your wisdom.

I went to Ajebo (FGC Camp) and decided to visit a nearby village. I heard from villagers that Baale has prohibited those that buy Garri in wholesale before Market days leading to scarcity of Garri in the village as the farmers and those producing Garri sell through their union to people coming from cities before market days .

These unions just like motor park union fix prices of items. They influence and control price from farm settlement and rural markets. They can create problem for masses.
Re: Price Hike: Ondo Monarch Bans Forced Association Membership On Traders by UnfairLife7(m): 2:31pm On Apr 28
dankorode:
help me ask am oo e be like say dem don show am shege before
Lalami3232 na nuisance with his alternate account. You guys should ignore him.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari And The Burden Of Expectation By Dele Momodu / BREAKING!!! Oba Of Lagos Replied His Critics. With Pictures / Cameroon Bans Women Face Veil Over Bombings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.