Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,716 members, 7,840,809 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 03:09 PM

Price Hike: Ondo Monarch Bans Forced Association Membership On Traders - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Price Hike: Ondo Monarch Bans Forced Association Membership On Traders (15061 Views)

Alex Otti Visits Ariaria Market, Orders Cessation Of Police Hostility On Traders / States, Police Clamp Down On Traders Rejecting Old Notes / Atiku Abubakar Reacts To Fuel Price Hike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Price Hike: Ondo Monarch Bans Forced Association Membership On Traders by Oluwademilade: 2:32pm On Apr 28
Way to go. Those associations are only interested in price fixing
Re: Price Hike: Ondo Monarch Bans Forced Association Membership On Traders by AreaFada2: 2:34pm On Apr 28
Ykc2:
What is meaning of osemawe in yoruba?

In Edo, some people say it's Osemwunghe. Basically meaning "worth looking at, stunning or worth bewandering".

Maybe Ondo folks can enlighten us.
Re: Price Hike: Ondo Monarch Bans Forced Association Membership On Traders by UnfairLife7(m): 2:36pm On Apr 28
GoldenJAT:
You are so stupid eh! Some of here mask your shallow, empty brain with write up as the one above.
Was the concluding part of it necessary!! It's your type that even do the highest level of simping! Mumu
@Lalami3232 na nuisance. Ignore the guy
Re: Price Hike: Ondo Monarch Bans Forced Association Membership On Traders by CheapHomes1: 2:37pm On Apr 28
udemzyudex:

And also increase the price as well.
yes. that is why I said they dont allow their members to sell below a certain price
Re: Price Hike: Ondo Monarch Bans Forced Association Membership On Traders by Ykc2(m): 2:41pm On Apr 28
AreaFada2:

In Edo, some people say it's Osemwunghe. Basically meaning "worth looking at, stunning or worth bewandering".

Maybe Ondo folks can enlighten us.
yes because once I saw that name I knew it doesn't sound yoruba
Re: Price Hike: Ondo Monarch Bans Forced Association Membership On Traders by Abagworo(m): 2:46pm On Apr 28
The monarch has little or no knowledge of commmerce. I forgive his ignorance
Re: Price Hike: Ondo Monarch Bans Forced Association Membership On Traders by boxypane(m): 2:52pm On Apr 28
The government should adopt this.
Re: Price Hike: Ondo Monarch Bans Forced Association Membership On Traders by chriselderson(m): 3:11pm On Apr 28
I really wish my town, Eket will copy same and my dear state, Akwa Ibom will initiate Agro scheme in every LGA of the state to solve the problem of price hike, hunger and unwanted commodity unions.
Also, I wish our leaders could stop taking bribe from these greedy unions but rise to drive them into extinction.
Re: Price Hike: Ondo Monarch Bans Forced Association Membership On Traders by theredaddy: 3:21pm On Apr 28
Babastrong:
Pls how can i ideal with this forced charcoal association as an individual.
they've been troubling and disturbing my business because of my refusal to join them.

Try seek legal counsel
Re: Price Hike: Ondo Monarch Bans Forced Association Membership On Traders by Konquest: 3:22pm On Apr 28
peekspot:

The Osemawe of Ondo Kingdom in Ondo State, Oba Victor Kiladejo has ordered the prohibition of the idea of traders being forced to join associations in the kingdom

Oba Kiladejo gave the order, through the Osemawe-in-Council, as part of the efforts to reduce the prices of food and commodities and services.

The order was part of the resolutions adopted by Osemawe in Council at the stakeholders and youth meeting held at Palace Hall, Ondo town, Ondo State on Wednesday.

The resolutions were contained in a statement from the Ondo Ekinmogun Youth Congress on Saturday, issued by Kayode Igbekoyi on behalf of the President of the group, Comrade Kayode Folajogun.

According to the statement, the resolutions read that “imposition of association membership of any kind on traders is prohibited in Ondo kingdom. Ondo markets are declared free and open for every legal trader and traders in legal items or wares from other communities, towns or states can trade freely in Ondo kingdom.

“All moribund and abandoned community markets e.g Odosida, Okelisa, Ayeyemi, Akinjagunla, Igba, Oka, and Odojomu including neighbourhood markets should be revamped, steps being taken to create more alternative markets like Shasha, Kara ( in Ondo) should be expedited ”

In the resolutions, the council asked any seller or trader who felt threatened while selling her goods in Ondo to call the concerned constituted authorities, Iyaloja or youth president and also that Iyaloja should make necessary publicity concerning the resolutions of market women on Osemawe’s directive.

The Osemawe-in-Council also warned that any fuel station selling above the approved pump price or exorbitant cost would be sealed off and that collection of extra charges on transactions done on any company’s POS machine, especially fuel stations is cancelled forthwith.

It said, “Strict measures would be taken against any fuel station especially independent marketers who hoard fuel and dupe buyers and Ondo residents by selling inaccurate meter measures, hat steps being taken by Ondo kingdom through the Osemawe in council to upgrade Agbogboke Injector transformer would be accelerated and that “Ondo youths should be empowered to engage in agriculture and trading that could lead to the amelioration of current economic hardships being witnessed in Ondo kingdom and Nigeria at large ”

The council frowned at the alleged bad conduct of some local government officials extorting goods motor drivers coming into Ondo markets and market women by extension and ordered for its stoppage forthwith.

The statement added that the intelligence and community task force team would be out to see to the implementation of the resolutions.

Due to the removal of fuel subsidies and the depreciation of the naira, there has been a consistent increase in food prices nationwide in recent times.

https://punchng.com/price-hike-ondo-monarch-bans-forced-association-membership-on-traders/
Re: Price Hike: Ondo Monarch Bans Forced Association Membership On Traders by Babastrong(m): 3:26pm On Apr 28
[quote author=theredaddy post=129679394]

Try seek legal counsel [thanks. our police are not helpful. i have been reporting them but to no avail.]
Re: Price Hike: Ondo Monarch Bans Forced Association Membership On Traders by theredaddy: 3:31pm On Apr 28
Babastrong:

i meant, try speak with a lawyer for best approach
Re: Price Hike: Ondo Monarch Bans Forced Association Membership On Traders by pacespot(m): 3:51pm On Apr 28
Exactly, those associations are where they decide and conclude on price hike.
Re: Price Hike: Ondo Monarch Bans Forced Association Membership On Traders by Babastrong(m): 3:51pm On Apr 28
[quote author=theredaddy post=129679625]

i meant, try speak with a lawyer for best approach [ok, thanks ]
Re: Price Hike: Ondo Monarch Bans Forced Association Membership On Traders by Brushstrokes20: 3:56pm On Apr 28
Awesome gesture! Thumbs up to the King 👍👍👑👑👌👌👌💯💯✅✅✅👏👏👏
Leadership isn't just Nigeria's problem,
Most of the followers are bloodthirsty demons like just their useless leaders!
Re: Price Hike: Ondo Monarch Bans Forced Association Membership On Traders by DMerciful(m): 4:19pm On Apr 28
Where does he derive such powers? It's the local govt chairman that has such powers
Re: Price Hike: Ondo Monarch Bans Forced Association Membership On Traders by SweetCarrot(m): 4:35pm On Apr 28
This is serious

Technicians Needed in Port Harcourt City

🛠️AC Technician
🔧Refrigerator Technician
⚙️Washing Machine Technician
🪛Electrician
👇 👇 👇 👇
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/10AsSlPklmjoM-r8L4Bjhda5R7XwMv282tdkWzUYkLjY/edit
Re: Price Hike: Ondo Monarch Bans Forced Association Membership On Traders by kilisi(m): 4:38pm On Apr 28
Way to go!
Re: Price Hike: Ondo Monarch Bans Forced Association Membership On Traders by davades(m): 5:08pm On Apr 28
Lalami3232:
Nice initiative from the monarch!!!
But sir, pls I wish to crave your intelligence, can you also allow DNA test to be mandatory for all SIMPS who married non-virgins a.k.a boreholes? What do I even know sef aside enlightening my fellow men nationwide with the good news.

Oga if you no meet your wife as a virgin, oga
go for DNA test oooooo because boreholes aka non-virgins can't be trusted

Dey play, virgin self worse
Re: Price Hike: Ondo Monarch Bans Forced Association Membership On Traders by Love800(m): 5:15pm On Apr 28
I want to ask a queation.
I thought association are there to regulate prices. They make prices of every trader to be at the same level so that customers can buy and wont feel cheated by one trader.
Why are people against associations? I thought associatios are there to protect the customers. To control goods and services for the good of everybody at an equal rate.
IAmHim1:
Breaking down the cartel

It may lead to lesser price or it may lead to higher prices as traders are now free to set their own price

A trader who sells ar a lesser price when others are selling at a higher price is scorned by the other traders (just like how prostitutes are scorned by women because the price prostitutes place on pussy is less than what a woman in a relationship will get **pussy cartel**

WHILE a trader who sells at a higher price may force other traders to sell at higher prices

Scenario 1 was what happened to Air Peace. The cartel fought back!

Limited production of goods OR THE APPEARANCE OF LIMITED PRODUCTION OF GOODS(cus all girls are born with pussy so why the hike in the price of relationships. Girls have been conditioned to give less sex for more money giving the FALSE APPEARANCE of pussy scarcity. Your light bulb moment! ) forces the creation of a monopolistic market or a duopoly or tripolistic market and with every market in which production is in the hands of few people, there tends to be the formation of a cartel to control price so as to profit evenly or more

The best way to break any monopoly is to encourage more production and easy access by other market participant into such a market

That's why the pussy cartel as I explained up there is AGAINST the introduction of sex dolls into the sexual market place because sex dolls limits pussy power

Happy Sunday. Hope you ain't reading this in a church.

Kudos to Ubunja and His Miseducations!

Re: Price Hike: Ondo Monarch Bans Forced Association Membership On Traders by Truflexunits(m): 7:01pm On Apr 28
Re: Price Hike: Ondo Monarch Bans Forced Association Membership On Traders by IAmHim1: 7:09pm On Apr 28
First, you have to understand this: All group work to protect their interest FIRST before anything else. Anything else is secondary

You'd notice that most women are quiet concerning the issue of paternity fraud

And you'd notice that ea adeboye will never call out oyedepo and oyedepo will never call out adeboye even though both of their teachings is pure bullshit

Why.

It's better a house fall against strangers than it falls against itself. If a house falls against strangers, it can still be rebuilt but if it falls against itself, it can NEVER BE REBUILT. observe psquare relationships and compare it to plantashun boiz relationship

For a cartel, a member in the cartel may feel the price is wrong or high but would be shunned by its members

And for cartels, innovation is killed so as to ensure uniform growth between its members

Observe what happened to Air Peace. When Air Peace reduced his price for whatever reason and it wasn't in line with what the airline cartel agreed, they went against air Peace by bringing their own price lower than Air Peace so as to push him out of business with less customers

Was Air Peace pricing beneficial for Nigerians
YES

was Air Peace price beneficial for the cartel
NO

SO YOU SEE NOW

Love800:
I want to ask a queation.
I thought association are there to regulate prices. They make prices of every trader to be at the same level so that customers can buy and wont feel cheated by one trader.
Why are people against associations? I thought associatios are there to protect the customers. To control goods and services for the good of everybody at an equal rate.
Re: Price Hike: Ondo Monarch Bans Forced Association Membership On Traders by honeyB2018: 7:16pm On Apr 28
peekspot:

https://punchng.com/price-hike-ondo-monarch-bans-forced-association-membership-on-traders/

Congratulations sir.
I wish this can be done here in Lagos State, especially the transport section. This is a traditional ruler with a difference, not one that will be chairman of everything.
Re: Price Hike: Ondo Monarch Bans Forced Association Membership On Traders by Love800(m): 7:33pm On Apr 28
So dat means they use it for their own selfish gains which is primary and keep deceiving the masses(people) that it is for our own good, which is secondary.
Thanks for the enlightment.
IAmHim1:
First, you have to understand this: All group work to protect their interest FIRST before anything else. Anything else is secondary

You'd notice that most women are quiet concerning the issue of paternity fraud

And you'd notice that ea adeboye will never call out oyedepo and oyedepo will never call out adeboye even though both of their teachings is pure bullshit

Why.

It's better a house fall against strangers than it falls against itself. If a house falls against strangers, it can still be rebuilt but if it falls against itself, it can NEVER BE REBUILT. observe psquare relationships and compare it to plantashun boiz relationship

For a cartel, a member in the cartel may feel the price is wrong or high but would be shunned by its members

And for cartels, innovation is killed so as to ensure uniform growth between its members

Observe what happened to Air Peace. When Air Peace reduced his price for whatever reason and it wasn't in line with what the airline cartel agreed, they went against air Peace by bringing their own price lower than Air Peace so as to push him out of business with less customers

Was Air Peace pricing beneficial for Nigerians
YES

was Air Peace price beneficial for the cartel
NO

SO YOU SEE NOW

Re: Price Hike: Ondo Monarch Bans Forced Association Membership On Traders by adekolaelect(m): 8:35pm On Apr 28
Good one
Re: Price Hike: Ondo Monarch Bans Forced Association Membership On Traders by Anonimoux: 8:54pm On Apr 28
If only this can be done in one annoying city in the south south.
Re: Price Hike: Ondo Monarch Bans Forced Association Membership On Traders by Brush1: 10:26pm On Apr 28
All states must follow.
Re: Price Hike: Ondo Monarch Bans Forced Association Membership On Traders by seoxpert(m): 1:53am On Apr 29
Re: Price Hike: Ondo Monarch Bans Forced Association Membership On Traders by Iamanoited: 9:24am On Apr 29
THAT MONARCH HAS FORESIGHT AND HE IS DISCERNING.
Re: Price Hike: Ondo Monarch Bans Forced Association Membership On Traders by Iamanoited: 9:31am On Apr 29
THAT MONARCH HAS FORESIGHT AND HE IS DISCERNING.

Orisa37
The Monarch should please join AFENIFERE, AKINTOYE IGBOHO FASORANTI AYO BANJO OBJ OHANAEZE EDWIN CLARK ORTOM AND OTHERS TO PRESSURIZE TINUBU TO RETURN FULL AUTONOMOUS POLICING RESOURCING AND ELECTIONEERING STATUSES TO OUR 36 CONSTITUTIONAL AUTHORITIES NOW NOW NOW.
Re: Price Hike: Ondo Monarch Bans Forced Association Membership On Traders by sgtponzihater1(m): 9:46am On Apr 29
These are things state and federal government should be doing, but a monarch has gone ahead to do this.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

PUNCH: Parties Won’t Share Senate Committees Equally – Saraki Group / Power Supply Drops To 2,665MW Due To Explosions, Gas Constraint / Military Vows To Crush Niger Delta Militants

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.