Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,217 members, 7,815,254 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:39 AM

Abia To Construct 8,500 Housing Units For Civil Servants - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abia To Construct 8,500 Housing Units For Civil Servants (4784 Views)

David Mark Campaign Rice, Salt Flood Otukpo, To Construct Four Roads Before Xmas / Retired Generals Jostle For Civil Defence Top Job — Leadership Newspaper / Borno To Demolish Churches For The Construction Of Housing Units (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abia To Construct 8,500 Housing Units For Civil Servants by thejurist: 9:20am On Nov 22, 2011
WHY WOULD PEOPLE POST FAKE PICTURES HERE TO DAMAGE THE IMAGE OF THE STATE, THE ORIGINAL WRITE UP STATED THAT " ABIA TO BUILD" NOT BUILT. THESE PICTURES I RECKON WERE GENERATED IN BAD SPIRIT. THE GOVERNOR AND HIS GOVERNMENT HAVE MADE SOME WONDERFUL PLEDGE TO BUILD LOW COST HOUSES AND I FEEL IT NECESSARY TO SUPPORT THIS POLICY WHILE WE BECKON ON THEM TO DELIVER.
Re: Abia To Construct 8,500 Housing Units For Civil Servants by FACE(m): 12:38pm On Nov 22, 2011
thejurist:

WHY WOULD PEOPLE POST FAKE PICTURES HERE TO DAMAGE THE IMAGE OF THE STATE, THE ORIGINAL WRITE UP STATED THAT " ABIA TO BUILD" NOT BUILT. THESE PICTURES I RECKON WERE GENERATED IN BAD SPIRIT. THE GOVERNOR AND THE HIS GOVERNMENT HAS MADE SOME WONDERFUL PLEDGE TO BUILD LOW COST HOUSES AND I FEEL IT NECESSARY TO SUPPORT THIS POLICY WHILE WE BECKON ON THEM TO DELIVER.

I agree with the above, although I am still skeptical about Orji, especially with his disgraceful performance in Aba, the engine room of Abia. He hasn't done badly in Umuahia and some of his programmes for Abia are laudable if he could deliver.

Who are Hermes Juno Consortium ? The answer is a key to his seriousness.

Eventhough, 8500 housing unit is a good idea, I am not very keen on the planning and execution. We need to look into the future in any project we embark on. I mean that we need to start conserving our lands now, in order to save space in the future.

Individuals could build on large expance of land, but our govt should maximise the use of lands they grab from people by building multi occupancy buildings with communal facilities (parks and play grounds) for housing estates. The same applies to other eastern states, because the truth is that we would soon run out of land if we insist on "one man one land and air space" planning.

The picture below is one of the housing estate constructions going on in Umuahia.

Re: Abia To Construct 8,500 Housing Units For Civil Servants by EkoIle1: 1:42pm On Nov 22, 2011
FACE:

I agree with the above, although I am still skeptical about Orji, especially with his disgraceful performance in Aba, the engine room of Abia. He hasn't done badly in Umuahia and some of his programmes for Abia are laudable if he could deliver.

Who are Hermes Juno Consortium ? The answer is a key to his seriousness.

Eventhough, 8500 housing unit is a good idea, I am not very keen on the planning and execution. We need to look into the future in any project we embark on. I mean that we need to start conserving our lands now, in order to save space in the future.

Individuals could build on large expance of land, but our govt should maximise the use of lands they grab from people by building multi occupancy buildings with communal facilities (parks and play grounds) for housing estates. The same applies to other eastern states, because the truth is that we would soon run out of land if we insist on "one man one land and air space" planning.

The picture below is one of the housing estate constructions going on in Umuahia.

Your picture looks bogus too,

Anyways, many of these estates are for the elites and government officials and never for civil servants, these are just business schemes designed to line pockets.

Abia workers lament lack of affordable housing
They condemned the state government’s inability to provide affordable housing for civil servants
Article | November 16, 2011 - 5:20am | By Adaego Ogbulafor

Civil servants in Abia State have lamented the state government’s failure to provide affordable housing for them.[b]

The current Theodore Orji-led administration has not initiated any housing policy for low income earners but workers say it created the Amokwe Housing Estate for the elite.

According to the civil servants, even the Ehimiri Housing Estate and a 16-unit semi-detachable complex at Amuba Housing Estate, which were built by former administrations  for low income civil servants, have been hijacked by the elite and rented out to other residents.

They expressed their frustration at the challenges they face in getting good housing in the State, and the seeming lack of focus by the current administration, stressing that no sector of the state’s economy had experienced growth in the last five years.

The 16-unit Amuba housing project, comprising one bed-room flats, was allocated to the beneficiaries at the cost of N1.8 million per flat.

“The Amuba Housing Estate has become a den of thieves as armed robbers take off from there to terrorise the people.

“One then wonders the essence of government when it cannot provide the basic needs of its people,” one of the civil servants said.

According to the workers, the monthly deductions made from their salaries for housing are not justifiable.

Reacting to the civil servants claims, the State Commissioner for Information and Strategy, Chief Don Ubani, said the state government had conceptualised many housing estates in the state. According to him, the Amaokwe Housing Estate in Umuahia and the Amuba Housing Estate at Ubakala are meant for low income earners.
[/b]
“The most important thing is to conceptualise an idea and other things will follow. Infrastructure in the Amuba Housing Estate will certainly come up with time,” Ubani said.

http://dailytimes.com.ng/article/abia-workers-lament-lack-affordable-housing
Re: Abia To Construct 8,500 Housing Units For Civil Servants by FACE(m): 2:15pm On Nov 22, 2011
Eko Ile:

Your picture looks bogus too,

Anyways, many of these estates are for the elites and government officials and never for civil servants, these are just business schemes designed to line pockets.

http://dailytimes.com.ng/article/abia-workers-lament-lack-affordable-housing

I take it that you are impressed by the picture but do not believe of its existence. It doesn't matter what you think, as I am not here to PR for Orji like you do for Fashola. As a matter of fact, I think that Orji should be flogged in turns by all Abians, but will not deny some of his meagre/unimpressive achievements. The question is ; are you able to accept any level criticism on Lagos and Fashola ?  That's the difference between us and I hope we keep to our different levels.

No worries tho, I accept that some Eko Iles and Chinos happen along from time to time with bitterness.
Re: Abia To Construct 8,500 Housing Units For Civil Servants by EkoIle1: 2:33pm On Nov 22, 2011
FACE:

I take it that you are impressed by the picture but do not believe of its existence. It doesn't matter what you think, as I am not here to PR for Orji like you do for Fashola. As a matter of fact, I think that Orji should be flogged in turns by all Abians, but will not deny some of his meagre/unimpressive achievements. The question is ; are you able to accept any level criticism on Lagos and Fashola ?  That's the difference between us and I hope we keep to our different levels.

No worries tho, I accept that some Eko Iles and Chinos happen along from time to time with bitterness.

Posting the link to your picture would have take less time than wasted typing your unnecessary come back.

Telling the truth has nothing to do with PR and all the nonsense you are trying to hide under.

You are refusing to post the link for a reason and it's because we both know it's the same lie lie and bogus trash you people post everyday to deceive and insult our intelligence.

Honesty is golden, try it sometimes,
Re: Abia To Construct 8,500 Housing Units For Civil Servants by FACE(m): 3:07pm On Nov 22, 2011
Only incorrigible and worthless dust-for-brain heads keep arguing about things they know nothing about. Abia is my home state and I know where Amaokwe estate is located and I am not going to do any manliness measurements with you or to prove anything to you.

My primary concern is how my home state and adopted states progress, so I have got nothing to prove to anyone, but can share with those who are genuinely interested and you do not fit that bill. This is where I end this chat with you; just rest assured that I have wasted valuable time on you.
Re: Abia To Construct 8,500 Housing Units For Civil Servants by EkoIle1: 3:09pm On Nov 22, 2011
FACE:

Only incorrigible and worthless dust-for-brain heads keep arguing about things they know nothing about. Abia is my home state and I know where Amaokwe estate is located and I am not going to do any manliness measurements with you or to prove anything to you.

My primary concern is how my home state and adopted states progress, so I have got nothing to prove to anyone, but can share with those who are genuinely interested and you do not fit that bill. This is where I end this chat with you; just rest assured that I have wasted valuable time on you.

Stop with the needless essay and post the link or show us where the picture came from, that's all I ask.

You people are con artists. Liar.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bola Tinubu Moves To Banana Island / Check Out Farouk Lawan's Young Wife / Buhari: Protecting The Incoming President And Government

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.