Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,367 members, 7,861,010 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 08:50 PM

CBN Raises Customs FX Duty Rate For Cargo Clearance By 14% - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CBN Raises Customs FX Duty Rate For Cargo Clearance By 14% (12123 Views)

Customs FX Rate For Import Duties Rises To ₦‎1,530/$ / Again, CBN Raises Import Duty Rate By Another 4.4% In 24 Hours / FG Raises Exchange Rate For Cargo Clearance To N951/$ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN Raises Customs FX Duty Rate For Cargo Clearance By 14% by SKYHIGHfx: 12:29pm On Apr 30
leokid866:
yen...yen...yen....when the rate was coming down from 1600 to 1260 we did not see you utter a word now it is going back to 1300+ now you're shouting I beg sit down......

This man don u resume your 30k per month job?

1 Like

Re: CBN Raises Customs FX Duty Rate For Cargo Clearance By 14% by Inspirer1: 12:56pm On Apr 30
Cindypresh:

And that will boost your economy?? Buhari that closed border for 8wasted years how did it impact food crops??

I don't know how most Apc supporters seem so so d^ll
Sincerely I don't understand them...
Very wicked souls, I find it difficult to believe they are Nigerians

2 Likes

Re: CBN Raises Customs FX Duty Rate For Cargo Clearance By 14% by SalamRushdie: 1:07pm On Apr 30
IAmHim1:
Hmmm
This is interesting

What would you suggest CBN should do because it seems like CBN needs the forex because Nigerians nee the Dollar to import goods since it's not a producing country

Collecting tarrifs in Naira will mean majority of fx revenue will come from selling crude oil and our crude oil has been sold into the future so no revenue from there for now

I look forward to your insight concerning this topic
They still collect in naira at the end of the day and that's why this does nothing to help our Naira strength but rather worsens it
Re: CBN Raises Customs FX Duty Rate For Cargo Clearance By 14% by Galatoicowhite: 1:11pm On Apr 30
leokid866:
yen...yen...yen....when the rate was coming down from 1600 to 1260 we did not see you utter a word now it is going back to 1300+ now you're shouting I beg sit down......
How long did this rate even come down? If you have a business how will you run your business? Is business a charity organisation? Abi business be like church for Una eye?

1 Like

Re: CBN Raises Customs FX Duty Rate For Cargo Clearance By 14% by lesson44: 1:36pm On Apr 30
Can someone explain to me what dollar have to do with clearing goods in Nigeria port? Are they paying the wages to worker that do the paperwork and inspection in dollars?
Re: CBN Raises Customs FX Duty Rate For Cargo Clearance By 14% by BestTrades: 1:46pm On Apr 30

To check vehicle history (Vin check)of any car.

For comprehensive vehicle history report .

https://verifyithq.com/services/vehicle-history-reports/

For Retrieval Of Lost Custom Duty..

https://verifyithq.com/lost-customs-papers/

For Custom Duty Verification .. .
https://verifyithq.com/services/customs-duty-verification/

Re: CBN Raises Customs FX Duty Rate For Cargo Clearance By 14% by Bullfallo(m): 2:31pm On Apr 30
Apc is the worst party to ever comes out from Nigeria. Mister na statistics we go chop.

Check the statistics of our imports and compare the most items that costuming the FX.

Some certain Food shouldn’t be on the list in that items.

The economy has been grounded down. Can anything president be worst than buhari? Tinubu has shown us that.

1 Like

Re: CBN Raises Customs FX Duty Rate For Cargo Clearance By 14% by t2luv1: 3:16pm On Apr 30
leokid866:

Why are they pegging the cost of clearing goods at your country port to the dollar? Makes no sense whatsoever.

1 Like

Re: CBN Raises Customs FX Duty Rate For Cargo Clearance By 14% by leokid866: 3:36pm On Apr 30
t2luv1:

Why are they pegging the cost of clearing goods at your country port to the dollar? Makes no sense whatsoever.
they peg to the dollar cause that's how international trade works or you think it's only in Nigeria?
Re: CBN Raises Customs FX Duty Rate For Cargo Clearance By 14% by leokid866: 3:38pm On Apr 30
Galatoicowhite:
How long did this rate even come down? If you have a business how will you run your business? Is business a charity organisation? Abi business be like church for Una eye?
Oga you know this thing rise and fall as a business man you simply set the rate in a bracket that's functional enough....and if you can't do that then why are you doing business?
Re: CBN Raises Customs FX Duty Rate For Cargo Clearance By 14% by leokid866: 3:42pm On Apr 30
SKYHIGHfx:

This man don u resume your 30k per month job?
yes....steady pay.....
Re: CBN Raises Customs FX Duty Rate For Cargo Clearance By 14% by leokid866: 3:43pm On Apr 30
Archtype:
so, after giving 100 own goal you want me to rejoice that he able to score 20 goals against the opponents... People like you reason from their Ahss
your papa yansh.....
Re: CBN Raises Customs FX Duty Rate For Cargo Clearance By 14% by leokid866: 3:45pm On Apr 30
ogaontop:

What is coming down from 1600 to1260?
How much did your master meet the dollar that you're expecting people to start jumping at 1,200
You guys are jonsers!!
How much did he meet PMS and the fact that he secretly pays subsidy up to date is an affront on our intelligence!!
you mean the dollar we've been subsidizing for years? Why don't you call Obj to bring dollar back to where he met it before leaving, call jona too since you get sense......
Re: CBN Raises Customs FX Duty Rate For Cargo Clearance By 14% by leokid866: 3:45pm On Apr 30
PlasmaTV:

SHUT UP!!!
make me....
Re: CBN Raises Customs FX Duty Rate For Cargo Clearance By 14% by Freethinker87: 3:51pm On Apr 30
The Nigerian custom could not reduce their FX duty rate to help bring down the prices of goods but Okechukwu in Ladipo should be forced to reduce his prices to help suffering Nigerians.

Una dey mental, una never see anything. cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: CBN Raises Customs FX Duty Rate For Cargo Clearance By 14% by t2luv1: 5:19pm On Apr 30
leokid866:
they peg to the dollar cause that's how international trade works or you think it's only in Nigeria?

Nope no other country does that. Trust me I design/write web based business applications for clients. Custom clearing in all the countries I have ever dealt with is a fixed amount in that country's currency usually based on the waybill declared value. Nothing to do some dollar floating valuation. This tends to make it easier for the importer to plan. This gyrating CBN dollar value makes it difficult for the importers. If goods arrive at a favorable exchange rate period that creates an unfair pricing disadvantage for another imported that just happens to do clearing when the exchange rates happen to be high. All brand new cars imported into the USA carry the same clearing amount of $595 destination charges this is included in the MSRP (Manufacturer Suggested Retail Price) of the car. Don't get me started on Nigeria's imported car Vin Valuation crap. Nigeria charges more in Customs duty on a salvage vehicle as compared to when the car was brought into the USA when the car was still new. Unbelievable.

1 Like

Re: CBN Raises Customs FX Duty Rate For Cargo Clearance By 14% by leokid866: 10:48pm On Apr 30
t2luv1:

Nope no other country does that. Trust me I design/write web based business applications for clients. Custom clearing in all the countries I have ever dealt with is a fixed amount in that country's currency usually based on the waybill declared value. Nothing to do some dollar floating valuation. This tends to make it easier for the importer to plan. This gyrating CBN dollar value makes it difficult for the importers. If goods arrive at a favorable exchange rate period that creates an unfair pricing disadvantage for another imported that just happens to do clearing when the exchange rates happen to be high. All brand new cars imported into the USA carry the same clearing amount of $595 destination charges this is included in the MSRP (Manufacturer Suggested Retail Price) of the car. Don't get me started on Nigeria's imported car Vin Valuation crap. Nigeria charges more in Customs duty on a salvage vehicle as compared to when the car was brought into the USA when the car was still new. Unbelievable.

The dollar has been the world’s principal reserve currency since the end of World War II and is the most widely used currency for international trade.....yes you pay in local currency but to clear the ports your fees are pegged to the dollar.....some nations like the BRICS are shifting from using the dollar as a peg but they don't exactly speak for the rest of the world....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CBN Raises Customs FX Duty Rate For Cargo Clearance By 14% by garfield1: 12:55am On May 01
leokid866:
The dollar has been the world’s principal reserve currency since the end of World War II and is the most widely used currency for international trade.....yes you pay in local currency but to clear the ports your fees are pegged to the dollar.....some nations like the BRICS are shifting from using the dollar as a peg but they don't exactly speak for the rest of the world....

Can we use yen or yuan
Re: CBN Raises Customs FX Duty Rate For Cargo Clearance By 14% by Growing(m): 8:38am On May 01
Everything raisable has been or is being raised.
Re: CBN Raises Customs FX Duty Rate For Cargo Clearance By 14% by leokid866: 10:15am On May 01
garfield1:

Can we use yen or yuan
that's what the BRIC nations are trying to do.....that's why they've been exchanging goods in trade deals with Yuan....if we joined BRICS today they will tempt us with it.....it's part of what's fuelling the global discussion on the de-dolarization of world trade.....

1 Like

Re: CBN Raises Customs FX Duty Rate For Cargo Clearance By 14% by Gbogbowa: 10:56am On May 01
Before now they cleared 40 feet container for 7M now it's about 20M while that of drug is 25M with this new increments I pity Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: CBN Raises Customs FX Duty Rate For Cargo Clearance By 14% by Konquest: 8:13pm On May 01
Re: CBN Raises Customs FX Duty Rate For Cargo Clearance By 14% by Galatoicowhite: 9:32pm On May 01
leokid866:
Oga you know this thing rise and fall as a business man you simply set the rate in a bracket that's functional enough....and if you can't do that then why are you doing business?
If a business man lost his money will you out of kindness return his loss? Do you anyway share in the business risk?

1 Like

Re: CBN Raises Customs FX Duty Rate For Cargo Clearance By 14% by ivandragon: 4:33am On May 02
t2luv1:

You are wasting your time trying to enlighten people whose sense of reasoning has being short-circuited and fried by blind subjective loyalty.

If tomorrow your valid suggestion is taken up by the government and implemented, these same characters would troop out and praise the government. When the government reverses itself, they would do same.

They have no concept of right and wrong, good and bad, rational and irrational, commonsense or otherwise. They just exist to sing praises to whomever feeds their twisted minds.
Re: CBN Raises Customs FX Duty Rate For Cargo Clearance By 14% by leokid866: 9:50am On May 02
Galatoicowhite:
If a business man lost his money will you out of kindness return his loss? Do you anyway share in the business risk?
Oga don't stress this matter they started this year with a rate of 1600 there's no Nigerian business man that would not have carried on with that through the year....you sef know your people so rest.....
Re: CBN Raises Customs FX Duty Rate For Cargo Clearance By 14% by BestTrades: 7:58am On May 05

To check vehicle history (Vin check)of any car.

For comprehensive vehicle history report .

https://verifyithq.com/services/vehicle-history-reports/

For Retrieval Of Lost Custom Duty..

https://verifyithq.com/lost-customs-papers/

For Custom Duty Verification .. .
https://verifyithq.com/services/customs-duty-verification/

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Subsidy War: Expect Mother Of All Strikes From Monday –– Labour / Sanusi's Coronation Postponed For Security Reasons / Yoruba; The Pace Setters, The Origin Of African Modern Civilization (Part 1)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.