Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,063 members, 7,859,840 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 08:00 PM

Ighodalo to Shaibu: I had no involvement in your removal as Deputy-Gov - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ighodalo to Shaibu: I had no involvement in your removal as Deputy-Gov (14505 Views)

Shaibu: I Was Begged To Be Obaseki’s Deputy / Obaseki To Shaibu: Dropping Your Guber Ambition, Only Pathway To Reconciliation / We Celebrated Your Removal As APC Chairman, Wike Tells Oshiomhole (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ighodalo to Shaibu: I had no involvement in your removal as Deputy-Gov by Bizibi(m): 11:09am On Apr 30
garfield1:

They have sir just that it was subtle
presidency hasn't shown real interest. You will know from the actions of the Apc national chairman and I have not heard anything from Apc camps in abj. It is going to be an interesting election but Godwin obaseki is no pushover,some of us thought he was a weak politician but now we understand why oshiomole supported and made him a governor.

1 Like

Re: Ighodalo to Shaibu: I had no involvement in your removal as Deputy-Gov by Osanoghodua1: 11:10am On Apr 30
Phillip Shaibu was too arrogant to his principal and hence he incurred the wrath of his principal and got sacked. Asue is not the governor and he's now more powerful than the governor?
Re: Ighodalo to Shaibu: I had no involvement in your removal as Deputy-Gov by udemzyudex(m): 11:14am On Apr 30
Bizibi:
Pdp will lose if Abuja is interested in the state and as for now presidency hasn't shown interest.

Smh.
Re: Ighodalo to Shaibu: I had no involvement in your removal as Deputy-Gov by yemmit90: 11:16am On Apr 30
Bizibi:
Pdp will lose if Abuja is interested in the state and as for now presidency hasn't shown interest.

Lolz, they just don't make noise about it to avoid criticism should there be irregularities. The last election won by Obaseki pains them to the bones, they may not allow that to happen this time, especially now that emperor who has history of dominating political space is with almighty federal power.
Re: Ighodalo to Shaibu: I had no involvement in your removal as Deputy-Gov by garfield1: 11:31am On Apr 30
Bizibi:
presidency hasn't shown real interest. You will know from the actions of the Apc national chairman and I have not heard anything from Apc camps in abj. It is going to be an interesting election but Godwin obaseki is no pushover,some of us thought he was a weak politician but now we understand why oshiomole supported and made him a governor.

You haven't been paying close attention.the presidency intervened twice in Edo APC primaries.in imo,bayelsa and kogi primaries,despite the massive outcry over the primary result,the presidency kept mute but in Edo,after the first primary that held and oshiomhole candidate won,they assured oshiomhole that everything is ok but suddenly cancelled it.dont forget that oshiomhole is tinubu no 1 man in ss.in the second primary,somebody other than oshio person won and it stood.
The APC candidate wanted to choose hon ihama as his running mate but the party forcefully imposed hon idahosa the candidate of oshiomhole on him.whar does that tell you?
Re: Ighodalo to Shaibu: I had no involvement in your removal as Deputy-Gov by seyits: 11:32am On Apr 30
Please people should allow this man to concentrate on his job
Re: Ighodalo to Shaibu: I had no involvement in your removal as Deputy-Gov by Yelight(m): 11:40am On Apr 30
...."very public process".....
This guys are very subtle
Re: Ighodalo to Shaibu: I had no involvement in your removal as Deputy-Gov by Bobloco: 11:45am On Apr 30
Bizibi:

The interest in grabbing, snatching, and running away is what you mean.
Re: Ighodalo to Shaibu: I had no involvement in your removal as Deputy-Gov by Emeka71(m): 12:03pm On Apr 30
tuzle:
how does ighodalo and ighalo looks the same?
He is the brother of my favorite pastor Ituah.
Re: Ighodalo to Shaibu: I had no involvement in your removal as Deputy-Gov by Shattuck(m): 12:07pm On Apr 30
OkoRemi2023:
The way things are going in Edo state, the election victory is becoming unpredictable

My own opinion, If Shuaibu work for Akpata which I doubt but let's assume he work with Akpata, it will make PDP losing the election to be faster

If Shuaibu work with APC, ighadalo should just erase his mind from getting victory in this forthcoming election

Ighadalo is contesting against Tinubu led fg, in the sense that they rubbish him in the last election and Tinubu is not Buhari that leave his party man to their fate

Ighadalo is contesting against PDP stalwarts that are tired of Obaseki emperorism in Edo PDP

Ighadalo is contesting against those that decamped from PDP because of Shuaibu

If Edo youths largely back Olumide Akpata as youth hold 40-45 of electorates. He's contesting against the youth

Then he's contesting against the incumbent party at the federal level

He's contesting against incompetence of Obaseki in Edo state

Ighadalo winning this forthcoming election is under probability
olumide akpata is going no where, the labour party wave was just for Peter obi,even though the state is still obedient, olumide akpata unfortunately does not share in that glory, the elections is still pdp and ighodalo's to lose, APC only stands a chance if there is federal interference, either through the judiciary, or federal reserves sponsored vote buying, compromised security personnel or snatch it, grab it and run with it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ighodalo to Shaibu: I had no involvement in your removal as Deputy-Gov by Bizibi(m): 12:32pm On Apr 30
garfield1:

You haven't been paying close attention.the presidency intervened twice in Edo APC primaries.in imo,bayelsa and kogi primaries,despite the massive outcry over the primary result,the presidency kept mute but in Edo,after the first primary that held and oshiomhole candidate won,they assured oshiomhole that everything is ok but suddenly cancelled it.dont forget that oshiomhole is tinubu no 1 man in ss.in the second primary,somebody other than oshio person won and it stood.
The APC candidate wanted to choose hon ihama as his running mate but the party forcefully imposed hon idahosa the candidate of oshiomhole on him.whar does that tell you?
Edo politics is way different from the other Niger Delta states and Godwin obaseki is a good political strategist, the only way Apc will win Edo state is if tinubu is fully involved (not playing hide and seek games but fully involved)so as it is now PDP position is still solid. I grew up in Edo state,I know how they play their politics. As for oshiomole,he was popular in Edo state but the last election has limited his influence to the north....

Tinubu is more focused on the next presidential election than any state election now,he has started creating new alliances and some of them are from lp and PDP. He told one he needs votes from his region in his state because he lost there in the last election so that politician is definitely decamping this year.
Re: Ighodalo to Shaibu: I had no involvement in your removal as Deputy-Gov by Bizibi(m): 12:37pm On Apr 30
udemzyudex:

Smh.
it is the plain truth,Apc can't win Edo state without federal interference,Edo people are involved in politics now,it wasn't like that in oshiomole first term and there are rumors of lp working for obaseki.
Re: Ighodalo to Shaibu: I had no involvement in your removal as Deputy-Gov by garfield1: 12:57pm On Apr 30
Bizibi:
Edo politics is way different from the other Niger Delta states and Godwin obaseki is a good political strategist, the only way Apc will win Edo state is if tinubu is fully involved (not playing hide and seek games but fully involved)so as it is now PDP position is still solid. I grew up in Edo state,I know how they play their politics. As for oshiomole,he was popular in Edo state but the last election has limited his influence to the north....

Tinubu is more focused on the next presidential election than any state election now,he has started creating new alliances and some of them are from lp and PDP. He told one he needs votes from his region in his state because he lost there in the last election so that politician is definitely decamping this year.

Edo election is the most unpredictable in ss,the voters are very independent,enlightened and sophisticated.tinubu will be involved but mainly through his lieutenants.dont forget that obaseki insulted him in his campaign in 2020 and tinubu hardly forgives.
Tinubu first step to victory is to capture more states for APC starting from Edo and where he can't,he makes alliances across party lines.he needs Edo to add to CRS to make it two for APC.
The pdp in Edo is already divided into three camp.onky the obaseki camp is working for ighodalo and you saw how pdp lost woefully in Edo in last polls.most of the factors that worked in favour of pdp are now working against them.wike and his camp are against him,the godfatherism obaseki used to win reelection is now haunting him,his woeful performance,massive defections from pdp etc.oshio base is limited to Edo north but pdp has no base.esan is now divided.lp have divided pdp votes

1 Like

Re: Ighodalo to Shaibu: I had no involvement in your removal as Deputy-Gov by Bizibi(m): 1:16pm On Apr 30
garfield1:

Edo election is the most unpredictable in ss,the voters are very independent,enlightened and sophisticated.tinubu will be involved but mainly through his lieutenants.dont forget that obaseki insulted him in his campaign in 2020 and tinubu hardly forgives.
Tinubu first step to victory is to capture more states for APC starting from Edo and where he can't,he makes alliances across party lines.he needs Edo to add to CRS to make it two for APC.
The pdp in Edo is already divided into three camp.onky the obaseki camp is working for ighodalo and you saw how pdp lost woefully in Edo in last polls.most of the factors that worked in favour of pdp are now working against them.wike and his camp are against him,the godfatherism obaseki used to win reelection is now haunting him,his woeful performance,massive defections from pdp etc.oshio base is limited to Edo north but pdp has no base.esan is now divided.lp have divided pdp votes
honestly in my opinion and from what I know from future decampees.....tinubu's move will be seen from end of the year and January next year so he is very careful involving himself in state elections and he is playing a different kind of politics.
Re: Ighodalo to Shaibu: I had no involvement in your removal as Deputy-Gov by garfield1: 1:25pm On Apr 30
Bizibi:
honestly in my opinion and from what I know from future decampees.....tinubu's move will be seen from end of the year and January next year so he is very careful involving himself in state elections and he is playing a different kind of politics.

Oga,tinubu usually plans early that is why he is the best politician.his 2027 reelection started the day he was declared winner.tinubu needs to make more inroads into SS and NC Incase the core north disappoints him that is why he is being careful in rivers and is friendly with all SS governors except obaseki.
Senator Urhoghide a strong man in Edo pdp decamped to APC,hon idahosa a board of trustees member yesterday resigned and from indications is joining APC.hon Kabiru adjoto is about decamping,he is pdp strongest man in akoko edo.the Ezomon of Uromi has decsmped to APC,he controls ward 7 of esan north east LGA.the lp leader in edo central rejected 50 million from pdp and join apc.8 former chairman in edo south just decamped to apc.all indications are pointing to an apc victory

1 Like

Re: Ighodalo to Shaibu: I had no involvement in your removal as Deputy-Gov by Bizibi(m): 1:29pm On Apr 30
garfield1:

Oga,tinubu usually plans early that is why he is the best politician.his 2027 reelection started the day he was declared winner.tinubu needs to make more inroads into SS and NC Incase the core north disappoints him that is why he is being careful in rivers and is friendly with all SS governors except obaseki.
Senator Urhoghide a strong man in Edo pdp decamped to APC,hon idahosa a board of trustees member yesterday resigned and from indications is joining APC.hon Kabiru adjoto is about decamping,he is pdp strongest man in akoko edo.the Ezomon of Uromi has decsmped to APC,he controls ward 7 of esan north east LGA.the lp leader in edo central rejected 50 million from pdp and join apc.8 former chairman in edo south just decamped to apc.all indications are pointing to an apc victory
senator urhoghide is a popular politician and yes the president he is very interested in ss, very very interested,I really pity those in the opposition parties. Well let's see how the election will pan out.....

1 Like

Re: Ighodalo to Shaibu: I had no involvement in your removal as Deputy-Gov by garfield1: 1:48pm On Apr 30
Bizibi:
senator urhoghide is a popular politician and yes the president he is very interested in ss, very very interested,I really pity those in the opposition parties. Well let's see how the election will pan out.....

Anything can happen,it is early days though the earlier the better.first impression matters.pdp leader in owan east fetus ewuh decamped to APC.an ssa to obaseki hon Felix ibhade just resigned from esan central LGA.
APC in Edo has different camps and divisions but all are eagerly working to deliver okpebholo.
Last week,a community in Oredo disgraced pdp campaign team.i heard asue and obaseki have started quarelling already over campaign strategy
Re: Ighodalo to Shaibu: I had no involvement in your removal as Deputy-Gov by customstreet: 3:54pm On Apr 30
OkoRemi2023:
The way things are going in Edo state, the election victory is becoming unpredictable

My own opinion, If Shuaibu work for Akpata which I doubt but let's assume he work with Akpata, it will make PDP losing the election to be faster

If Shuaibu work with APC, ighadalo should just erase his mind from getting victory in this forthcoming election

Ighadalo is contesting against Tinubu led fg, in the sense that they rubbish him in the last election and Tinubu is not Buhari that leave his party man to their fate

Ighadalo is contesting against PDP stalwarts that are tired of Obaseki emperorism in Edo PDP

Ighadalo is contesting against those that decamped from PDP because of Shuaibu

If Edo youths largely back Olumide Akpata as youth hold 40-45 of electorates. He's contesting against the youth

Then he's contesting against the incumbent party at the federal level

He's contesting against incompetence of Obaseki in Edo state

Ighadalo winning this forthcoming election is under probability

U are very very correct
Obaseki disgraced Tinubu by calling names in the last election
What obaseki would experience after his tenure when there is no immunity will be beyond his imagination
His candidate would also loose the election because FG is interested in it
This election moment is what everybody has been looking for to unleash terror on him

(1) (2) (Reply)

El Rufai Assures All Kaduna Residents Of Their Safety. Condemns Hate Speech. / To Enjoy 50% Fare Slash, Travellers Must Show Their PVC, Says NURTW / Aisha Yesufu: I Wonder How Buhari Became A General Considering Insecurity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.