Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,969 members, 7,814,274 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:20 AM

Final Interview For 2008 Dv Visa Lottery - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Final Interview For 2008 Dv Visa Lottery (22880 Views)

Visa Lottery Winner, Other Arrested Over Scam Marriage / Dv 2012 Lottery Final Interview Experience / Dv Lottery Final Interview At Embassy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Final Interview For 2008 Dv Visa Lottery by getshorty: 9:32am On Nov 26, 2007
Hi darryshine,i saw some of ur comments regarding affidavit of support,u saying that singles dont need it thats correct what about married couple without kids,becos i was by sumone in the US that married couples without kids also dont need it ,its only meant for those immgrating wit their kids. so during ur interview did u see or have experince wit others regarding this?
Re: Final Interview For 2008 Dv Visa Lottery by darryshine(m): 6:23pm On Nov 26, 2007
getshorty:

Hi darryshine,i saw some of your comments regarding affidavit of support,u saying that singles don't need it thats correct what about married couple without kids,because i was by sumone in the US that married couples without kids also don't need it ,its only meant for those immgrating wit their kids. so during your interview did u see or have experince wit others regarding this?

Hi getshorty,

Once you are married and you would have to provide the evidence of marriage first, then your financial support,
After marriage certificate then follow by evidence of support.
Not only if you are migrating with your kids, its would go with marriage cert. Se you grab me now?
Re: Final Interview For 2008 Dv Visa Lottery by nossycheek(f): 10:58am On Dec 06, 2007
I have been applying severally without being invited. I guess my problem has to do with the passports. Is there anyway or anywhere I can get the right passports for me and my family?
Re: Final Interview For 2008 Dv Visa Lottery by getshorty: 4:44pm On Dec 06, 2007
nossycheek,what u mean that u have been applying.have u won the lottery or what?pls explain better ,but if its what am thinking u said,the instruction of the photo size is their on the site for u to read and do the right photo snap
Re: Final Interview For 2008 Dv Visa Lottery by na2day2(m): 8:46pm On Dec 06, 2007
go to the website and read the specification www.state.gov look for the current dv lottery link.

nossycheek:

I have been applying severally without being invited. I guess my problem has to do with the passports. Is there anyway or anywhere I can get the right passports for me and my family?

Re: Final Interview For 2008 Dv Visa Lottery by folahann(m): 10:22pm On Dec 06, 2007
Why must i suffer to suffer
Re: Final Interview For 2008 Dv Visa Lottery by websmillio(m): 9:38am On Mar 09, 2008
Hi,
I happend to pass a Blog which may intrest you. It deals with question and answers for the DV Lottery. My question was answered within 24 hours.  Try it yourself.
http://bbsnetting.
cheesy
Re: Final Interview For 2008 Dv Visa Lottery by reeshy: 5:28pm On Mar 09, 2008
omo,hope everyone is ok.[color=#000099][/color][b][/b]
Re: Final Interview For 2008 Dv Visa Lottery by Buchityno: 6:07pm On May 20, 2008
Hello every body, I'm new to this house. Whats the latest news about the very recent cases of those that have gone for their interviews and are successfull cause mine will be taking place in the Month of June 2008.
Re: Final Interview For 2008 Dv Visa Lottery by cabali(m): 12:08pm On Jun 20, 2008
Hey reeshy, ya gone to the US yet??
Re: Final Interview For 2008 Dv Visa Lottery by Chinyere(f): 10:04am On Aug 15, 2008
Please my dear nairalanders, a colleague of mine who won 2008 american visa lottery, he received his notification letter last year and since then up till this present day, he has not received the second letter, his case number is AF21XXX, and its like he might not be called because the interview will be over by September 30, 2008.

Please can someone who knows about the procedures should please explain to me better because we're bothered. Will he still be called for interview or not? please what can he do about this issue? though he has been to the american embassy and he was told that he should keep on checking.

please i need an explanation.

Thank you
Re: Final Interview For 2008 Dv Visa Lottery by na2day2(m): 10:37am On Aug 15, 2008
let him go to the embassy to clear things up and get any necessary details he needs.
Re: Final Interview For 2008 Dv Visa Lottery by Chinyere(f): 10:46am On Aug 15, 2008
he has gone there but was told to keep checking, but i feel they just want to post them so that they won't keep on disturbing them. right now they are in case number 16,600 and according to them, they said they will be in case number 18,450 by september, which means that will be the last cases they will treat for 2008. ( thats my own opinion anyway) please what else can someone do in order to get the second letter and be called for interview.

ple--as--e
Re: Final Interview For 2008 Dv Visa Lottery by reeshy: 2:51pm On Sep 03, 2008
gooooooooooooooood luck everybody.just saying hi 4rm the state of yankee.**== lipsrsealed
Re: Final Interview For 2008 Dv Visa Lottery by Chinyere(f): 5:16pm On Sep 04, 2008
Hi reeshy, thanks for your wish. its well. we shall get there by God's grace
Re: Final Interview For 2008 Dv Visa Lottery by darryshine(m): 12:30am On Sep 19, 2008
NOT DIFFERENT FROM REESHY'S INTERVIEW,
I WAS CALLED TO THE WINDOW 13,
NOW, HERE WE GO

---GOOD MORNING (I RESPONDED)
---YOU ARE HERE FOR THE INTERVIEW TODAY TO KNOW IF YOU QUALIFY FOR THE VISA YES OR NO (I RESPONDED, YES)
---YOU PROMISED TO SAY THE TRUTH HERE TODAY BY RAISING UR RIGHT HAND UP(I DID) AND SHE SAID GOOD, PUT IT DOWN
--- SHE GAVE ME A DOCUMENT WHICH WAS SENT TO THEM FROM THE UINTED STATE ATTACHED WITH MY PASSPORT TO SIGN(D-230)
----ARE YOU THE ONE ON THIS FORM(D-230)
----SO ,WHAT IS UR NAME
-----WHEN WERE YOU BORN
----- WHERE WERE YOU BORN
------WHAT'S THE NAME OF UR SECONDARY SCHOOL(I RESPONDED) SHE SAID GOOD
------DID YOU WRITE WAEC OR GCE(I RESPONDED)
-----WHAT YEAR (I RESPONDED)
----WHERE I (RESPONDED)
-----HOW MANY TIME (I RESPONDED).SHE SAID GOOD
-----HOW DID YOU PREPARE FOR YOUR EXAM (I RESPONDED)SHE SAID GOOD
----DID YOU DO LESSON OR JUST STAYING HOME (I RESPONDED)SHE SAID GOOD
---HOW MANY DAYS DOES THE EXAM TAKES YOU(I RESPONDED)SHE SAID GOOD
----HOW MANY WEEK (I RESPONDED)OK
----IN YOUR FIRST RESULT, YOU DID NOT PASS YOUR ACCOUNT BUT YOU DID IN YOUR SECOND RESULT SO TELL ME HOW DID YOU DO IT (I RESPONDED)SHE SAID GOOD
---WHAT QUESTION DID YOU ANSWER IN YOUR ACCOUNT (I RESPONDED THAT THEY WERE MANY)
---GIVE ME 2 EXAMPLES (I RESPONDED)
---WHAT DID YOU DO IN YOUR BALANCE SHEET (I RESPONDED, CALCULATION) SHE SAID GOOD
---WHAT IS YOUR BEST COURSE IN YOUR SECONDARY SCHOOL (I RESPONDED)
---SHE SAID OK
SHE DIDN'T ASK ME ANY QUESTION FROM THAT ECONOMICS AND SHE JUMPED BACK TO ACCOUNTING AGAIN, BUT VERY SIMPLE.
----THEN SHE ASK ,WHAT DO YOU KNOW ABOUT CASH IN HAND, (I RESPONDED) SHE SAID GOOD
-----AGAIN,IS CASH IN HAND GOOD OR BAD (I RESPONDED)
--- SHE THEN ASKED ME WHY CASH IN HAND IS GOOD (I RESPONDED) SHE SAID GOOD
-----SHE SAID WHICH OF YOUR SUBJECT WAS CANCELED (I RESPONDED)
---SHE THEN ASK ME WHY WAS IS CANCELED AND (I RESPONDED THAT I DIDNT KNOW THE REASON) SHE SAID GOOD.
YOU ARE WELCOME TO AMERICA,  WAIT A MINUTE,
SHE STOOD UP AND PRINTED MY VISA LETTER.
SHE CONGRATULATE ME AND GAVE ME THE VISA LETTER. AND SAID GOODLUCK. HAVE A NICE DAY. SHE SMILED AT ME,

NO MATTER HOW YOU RESPOND TO ANYONE OF THEM, YOU CAN NOT FAIL SO FAR YOU HAVE THE IDEA,  DON'T BE AFRAID AND DON'T SHAKE MOUTH HAVE THE CONFIDENCE AND BELIEVE IN YOURSELF, 

DON'T LIE, DON'T TELL THEM WHAT YOU DON'T KNOW, 

BUT IF YOUR WAEC NA ODU, THEN DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME,  ONLY THOSE WHO DID THEIR EXAMS THEMSELF FIT DEFEND THEIR RESULT,  GOOD LUCK AND I WISH EVERY ONE OF YOU BEST OF LUCK,  I MISS REESHY MY FRIEND,  HE IS NOW IN AMERICA AND WE DO TALK ON PHONE REGULARLY.

THIS IS FOR THOSE PEOPLE WHO DOES'NT LIKE COLD,
PLEASE IF YOU ARE GOING FOR YOUR INTERVIEW MAKE SURE YOU WEAR LIKE 5 SHOUT FOR YOU TO PREVENT THEIR AC,  WAOOO IT kind of BAD,  I MEAN TOO MUCH FREEZE, LOL grin cool, LOVE YOU ALL
Re: Final Interview For 2008 Dv Visa Lottery by na2day2(m): 5:15am On Sep 19, 2008
wow, i wish mine was that easy. they told me to name about five ISPs around victoria island. they asked me what is network security and what kind of threats and how to prevent them etc. anywhoo, i liked my questions and i prayed for them and God answered my prayer. funny enough the guy didn't even verify i was the one on the form. he said there was no need since i look like the guy, so all those secondary school, where were u born kind of questions didn't come my way. Bros, congrats, we are looking forward to seeing u here.
Re: Final Interview For 2008 Dv Visa Lottery by darryshine(m): 7:31am On Sep 19, 2008
na2day?:

wow, i wish mine was that easy. they told me to name about five ISPs around victoria island. they asked me what is network security and what kind of threats and how to prevent them etc. anywhoo, i liked my questions and i prayed for them and God answered my prayer. funny enough the guy didn't even verify i was the one on the form. he said there was no need since i look like the guy, so all those secondary school, where were u born kind of questions didn't come my way. Bros, congrats, we are looking forward to seeing u here.

THANK YOU NA2DAY, THOUGH, I WAS PLANNING TO LEAVE BY DECEMBER, BUT I WAS TOLD THAT THE FLIGHT COST WOULD NOT BE THAT EASY AROUND THEN SO NOW I HAVE CHANGED MY PLAN TO COME OVER BY NOVEMBER AND WILL HOLA AT YOU ALL IN THE FORUM,

I PRAY ALL OF US WILL NOT FAIL, GOD BLESS YOU ALL,
Re: Final Interview For 2008 Dv Visa Lottery by na2day2(m): 10:11am On Sep 19, 2008
yes i did but they spent more time with my degree than my olevels
Re: Final Interview For 2008 Dv Visa Lottery by Ndeedee: 6:10pm On Oct 04, 2008
Congrats to all of you who won the last Visa lottery and got their VISA's.
Re: Final Interview For 2008 Dv Visa Lottery by na2day2(m): 8:32pm On Oct 04, 2008
it is a permanent resident visa and it is valid for 10yrs with the option to renew if u so please or just become a citizen

Ndeedee:

Whats up guys,
Congrats to all of you who won the last Visa lottery and got their VISA's.

I want to know, when you got your VISA, , (1)what type of Visa was issued and (2)how long was indicated on the Visa that was given to you.

Dee
Re: Final Interview For 2008 Dv Visa Lottery by Ndeedee: 8:54pm On Oct 04, 2008
hmmm
Re: Final Interview For 2008 Dv Visa Lottery by na2day2(m): 4:12am On Oct 05, 2008
ur visa is valid for 10 yrs is a good thing

to answer ur questions

1) they will let u know what documents u will need

2) it doesnt matter to them

3) it depends on how long u have stayed in poland, i think u have to be ther at least 6months to be interviewed there. i am not so sure on this one

Ndeedee:

My Good Lord shocked lipsrsealed
10 years? shocked Choiiiiiiiiiiiii !!!. (I was thinking they would give about 1 yr or 2 years).
10 years? shocked lipsrsealed na DIE be that O.

Guy Na2Day, I have some questions for you.
1- When you went to the embassy, did you have to show bank statements? (if not, what documents did you take with you there to the Embassy?)
2- If a student is still studying in University but wins this lottery and gets the Notification letter, will they still give you the Visa if youre still studying in Nigeria (or like in my case, outside Nigeria)
3- If say I win this thing (asper I applied from Poland) and I win this Visa lottery stuff, will I have to go back to the US embassy in Nigeria (asper say I am claiming elegibility as a Nigerian) but living in Poland, or will I have to go to the US embassy here in Poland for my interview?

Dee
Re: Final Interview For 2008 Dv Visa Lottery by Ndeedee: 9:40am On Oct 05, 2008
hmmm
Re: Final Interview For 2008 Dv Visa Lottery by na2day2(m): 7:09pm On Oct 05, 2008
no
Re: Final Interview For 2008 Dv Visa Lottery by darryshine(m): 8:58pm On Nov 04, 2008
JUST WANT TO SAY THANK YOU VERY MUCH TO ALL MY FRIENDS, I LOVE YOU ALL, WISH YOU ALL THE BEST.
DAMILARE.
Re: Final Interview For 2008 Dv Visa Lottery by na2day2(m): 12:05am On Nov 05, 2008
congrats man cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

darryshine:

JUST WANT TO SAY THANK YOU VERY MUCH TO MY ALL FRIEND, I LOVE YOU ALL, WISHES YOU ALL BEST OF LUCKY.
DAMILARE FROM THE STATE OF YANKEEEEEEE, TEXAS
Re: Final Interview For 2008 Dv Visa Lottery by FunmexA(f): 3:49pm On May 19, 2009
Thanks to you all in this forum. I am a new member and my husband actually won the lottery. My questions:
1) we won DV 2009, can i get anyone who won same here,who had interview this 2009.
2) we have 2 kids, will they undergo the medicals too?
3) what is the payment on interview day,$375 or $775.
Thanks
Re: Final Interview For 2008 Dv Visa Lottery by na2day2(m): 8:46pm On May 19, 2009
FunmexA:

Thanks to you all in this forum. I am a new member and my husband actually won the lottery. My questions:
1) we won DV 2009, can i get anyone who won same here,who had interview this 2009.
2) we have 2 kids, will they undergo the medicals too?
3) what is the payment on interview day,$375 or $775.
Thanks

1) no i didnt win the dv 2009 lottery but i can answer ur questions

2) yes the kids will undergo the medicals too

3) $775 (and i think that is just for singles, u had better call them to verify)
Re: Final Interview For 2008 Dv Visa Lottery by manak: 9:45am On Oct 10, 2009
well done to all in this forum. am a new member n i won the lottery for dv2010. pls i need info.i have waec ,diploma,university certificates and 1year work experience as a network enginner . during my interview am i going to be tested on my waec or my work experience?pls i need information my interview comming soon. thanks
Re: Final Interview For 2008 Dv Visa Lottery by na2day2(m): 5:01pm On Oct 10, 2009
manak:

well done to all in this forum. am a new member n i won the lottery for dv2010. pls i need info.i have waec ,diploma,university certificates and 1year work experience as a network enginner . during my interview am i going to be tested on my waec or my work experience?pls i need information my interview comming soon. thanks

both, and don't try showing off, do ur interview and get out
Re: Final Interview For 2008 Dv Visa Lottery by manak: 5:43pm On Oct 15, 2009
thanks na2day,pls when u applied did u apply based on work experience or based on qualification?, and also how long does the interview actually last?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

If You are A Nigerian, Don't Ever Think Of Going To Namibia, read this.. / Nasarawa Groom Crushed To Death On His Wedding Day / Car Dives Into A Building Window After Ghastly Accident In Lagos. Photos/video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.