Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,969 members, 7,814,272 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:18 AM

Final Interview For 2008 Dv Visa Lottery - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Final Interview For 2008 Dv Visa Lottery (22879 Views)

Visa Lottery Winner, Other Arrested Over Scam Marriage / Dv 2012 Lottery Final Interview Experience / Dv Lottery Final Interview At Embassy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Final Interview For 2008 Dv Visa Lottery by doris84(f): 3:04pm On Nov 17, 2011
Hello all, I have my interview in like 3weeks time. Please do I really need to go with an affidavit of support. Cos I gathered from the trend that it wasn't necessary for singles. Please an urgent reply would be much appreciated.
Re: Final Interview For 2008 Dv Visa Lottery by mesiash: 2:36am On Nov 23, 2011
I want to share my experiance for anyone who may be interested.My case was,I filled my boy friend in the original form.Actually we werenot married at that time .After 6 months we get married.Then the second letter comes and we filled that we are married and stated the exact date.We were worried that they may rejected us during the interview.But it was not the case ! the only thing they check during an interview is whether u were married when u are filling the first application.They didn't check the date.For marriage that happend after the first application ,they will try to investigate whether it is true marriage or not.And ofcourse they will ask some question about education , but not that much.So she just asked me wether I included my husbands name on the original application ,I said yes.Then she asked me about my background education , where I learn, very simple questions.that is it .she gave us the visa,
thanks
Re: Final Interview For 2008 Dv Visa Lottery by temmytanny(m): 2:54pm On Nov 23, 2011
doris_84:

Hello all, I have my interview in like 3weeks time. Please do I really need to go with an affidavit of support. Cos I gathered from the trend that it wasn't necessary for singles. Please an urgent reply would be much appreciated.

You dont need it for DV lottery interviews
Re: Final Interview For 2008 Dv Visa Lottery by pummps: 8:23am On Nov 24, 2011
guys, i really wld like to understand this oooo. ok, is it that if i win the dv i wld need an affidafit of support ? am married wit a kid.also, suppose you dont have any relative in usa , wld that be a problem or you can still chose a state you'd like to live in there?and can you use someone else's statement of account as prove of support? wld appreciate answers pls.
Re: Final Interview For 2008 Dv Visa Lottery by doris84(f): 7:49pm On Nov 24, 2011
@temmytanny, thanks a lot.
Re: Final Interview For 2008 Dv Visa Lottery by Select(m): 1:11am On Nov 25, 2011
pummps:

guys, i really wld like to understand this oooo. ok, is it that if i win the dv i wld need an affidafit of support ? am married wit a kid.also, suppose you dont have any relative in usa , wld that be a problem or you can still chose a state you'd like to live in there?and can you use someone else's statement of account as prove of support? wld appreciate answers pls.

Those dat win from Nigeria don't need affidavit of support or statement of account during the interview.
It is however good if you can give them an address in the USA where u intend to stay,as you filled in your initial forms. I guess you may have a friend there in the USA,even if you don't have any relatives living there.
You can check http://forums.immigration.com for the experience of other people that won the DV Visa Lottery. From the main page, scroll down and click on the part that says "Lottery Visas- DV".
Cheers!
Re: Final Interview For 2008 Dv Visa Lottery by conquerorb: 8:30am On Nov 25, 2011
@select, thanks. i really dont have a personal friend there in the state. but i do have some friends that have family members there. my concern is, since i do not want to a be of burden to anyone(incase i win) is it not posssible to still go and sort out accomodation myself?. or is't there any arrangement for that for you by USA govt for pple like me? will be waiting for your response .thx man
Re: Final Interview For 2008 Dv Visa Lottery by Select(m): 4:47pm On Nov 25, 2011
conquerorb:

@select, thanks. i really dont have a personal friend there in the state. but i do have some friends that have family members there. my concern is, since i do not want to a be of burden to anyone(incase i win) is it not posssible to still go and sort out accomodation myself?. or is't there any arrangement for that for you by USA govt for pple like me? will be waiting for your response .thx man
If you eventually win,you will have to arrange with someone living there, becos the US Govt will not give you accomodation.
All the best.
Re: Final Interview For 2008 Dv Visa Lottery by pady2: 9:20am On Nov 28, 2011
@select ,thanks a lot. iam really praying i win the dv, iam really hoping i do. well, wen that time for sorting out stuff et'al , God will take control.
Re: Final Interview For 2008 Dv Visa Lottery by YesuAfuga: 3:35pm On Dec 27, 2011
Hello, some one please help me explain what they mean on the dv website when they said that no one country can receive more than 7% of the 50,000 available visas. however from the visa bulletin there are some countries with available visas more than the 7% which should be 3500 visas.

please help me and explain this to me.

many thanks
Re: Final Interview For 2008 Dv Visa Lottery by YesuAfuga: 4:28pm On Dec 27, 2011
Hi buddies,

please some one help me and let me know, what the chances for a visa interview invitation are for people with case numbers higher than 50.000. and when would that probably be,

i appreciate your responses in advance.

God bless y'all,
Re: Final Interview For 2008 Dv Visa Lottery by temmytanny(m): 7:04pm On Dec 27, 2011
My brother,forget whatever your case number maybe. Its only used to determine the probable time you may have your interview. All those that won the lottery will be invited for interview but u know some may discover later that they arent qualified,some may be LATE,some may hv misplaced their checking code etc like that.

Not taking more than 7% of the total shouldnt be your problem, what u should focus on is your interview and relevant document requested for. 6000 nigerians won the DV and i believe over 60% would make if they have their required qualification and Docs. 60% of 6000 is not up to 3500 which isnt also up to 7% of 55000 that may be given.
Re: Final Interview For 2008 Dv Visa Lottery by YesuAfuga: 7:36am On Dec 28, 2011
Temmytanny,

Thank you, a million for the very positive response, my case no being late was already starting to worry me.

Thank you again,

God bless you dear,
Re: Final Interview For 2008 Dv Visa Lottery by temmytanny(m): 8:25am On Dec 28, 2011
Having such case number means your interview might be later in the year
Re: Final Interview For 2008 Dv Visa Lottery by YesuAfuga: 11:28am On Dec 28, 2011
Thank you again, Temmytanny! GBU!
Re: Final Interview For 2008 Dv Visa Lottery by temmytanny(m): 11:39am On Dec 28, 2011
am also a winner and my interview is 25days away from now
Re: Final Interview For 2008 Dv Visa Lottery by YesuAfuga: 12:23pm On Dec 29, 2011
i pray that the God Almighty, go before you like a consuming fire and that He dresses you with with my might favor, in Jesus' name. i trust God for the best for you,
Re: Final Interview For 2008 Dv Visa Lottery by temmytanny(m): 12:28pm On Dec 29, 2011
tanx bro

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

If You are A Nigerian, Don't Ever Think Of Going To Namibia, read this.. / Nasarawa Groom Crushed To Death On His Wedding Day / Car Dives Into A Building Window After Ghastly Accident In Lagos. Photos/video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.