Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,053 members, 7,838,657 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:23 AM

The Fury About Lagos-calabar Coastal Road, Is It About The Exemption Of SE? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Fury About Lagos-calabar Coastal Road, Is It About The Exemption Of SE? (1300 Views)

Construction Of Coastal Road From Lagos To Eight States / Nigerian Navy To Establish Naval Base In Enugu State To Take Care Of SE & NC / Dokpesi: Atiku Will Vacate Office After 4 years For President Of SE Extraction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Fury About Lagos-calabar Coastal Road, Is It About The Exemption Of SE? by helinues: 1:37pm On May 06
I am just curious about the discussion related to Lagos - Calabar coastal road projects which from some quarters most especially South East have been disagreeing about it, is it about the exemption of South East from the projects?

If that should be the case, how did the project pass through both Senate and HOA that the senators and House of reps members from South East have kept mute.

My own personal issue with the projects is the roads not passing through any of the South East states. the question is why?

Let's actually know what you people are disagreeing about the projects

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Fury About Lagos-calabar Coastal Road, Is It About The Exemption Of SE? by socialmediaman: 1:44pm On May 06
There is East West Road. Go complete that one first before starting another coastal highway of fraud

People who don't pay taxes don't know why others who do care about what their taxes are used for

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Fury About Lagos-calabar Coastal Road, Is It About The Exemption Of SE? by BigkokoRep: 1:49pm On May 06
The debts Buhari racked up for Nigeria on his ill-fated Daura-Niger railway is there for Nigeria to pay! This is same vseless, moronic quest by Buhari, you supported all through his 8years. That project now, is abandoned, while debts still gets serviced.

Now, una don start again with another white elephant project wey Asiwaju no go complete!

Who do una this kind thing?

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Fury About Lagos-calabar Coastal Road, Is It About The Exemption Of SE? by kindy51(m): 1:49pm On May 06
As If people opinion and outburst can stop this illegitimate government from doing their costal high way of fraud. Why do you have this urge to defend it?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Fury About Lagos-calabar Coastal Road, Is It About The Exemption Of SE? by Christistruth00: 1:54pm On May 06
They want the road to go through old Onitsha and Owerri route Instead
and the FG to spend the money on the old route

That is why Peter Obi has being wailing about repairing old FG roads and
Complaining about FG wasting money Since

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Fury About Lagos-calabar Coastal Road, Is It About The Exemption Of SE? by helinues: 2:00pm On May 06
BigkokoRep:
The debts Buhari racked up for Nigeria on his ill-fated Daura-Niger railway is there for Nigeria to pay! This is same vseless, moronic quest by Buhari, you supported all through his 8years. That project now, is abandoned, while debts still gets serviced.

Now, una don start again with another white elephant project wey Asiwaju no go complete!

Who do una this kind thing?

How can you be comparing the railway done by Buhari to connect to another country with a road project which connected within Nigeria?

Apple and Guava are not the same.

Reasonable number of you guys in the Obidients camp always have misconception about what I support or not, I don't support nonsense, I deliberately avoided the Buhari rail to Niger discussion because sense no dey. How connected is Nigeria by railway?

We know dey play one side politics bro. Spade should be a spade

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Fury About Lagos-calabar Coastal Road, Is It About The Exemption Of SE? by helinues: 2:03pm On May 06
Christistruth00:
They want the road to go through old Onitsha and Owerri route Instead
and the FG to spend the money on the old route

That is why Peter Obi has being wailing about repairing old FG roads and
Complaining about FG wasting money Since

From this map, why exactly was SE omitted from this road connection? Still can't comprehend it

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Fury About Lagos-calabar Coastal Road, Is It About The Exemption Of SE? by Christistruth00: 2:06pm On May 06
helinues:

From this map, why exactly was SE omitted from this road connection? Still can't comprehend it

Because it is supposed to be a Coastal Highway along the Sea coast

May be Aba might be somehow included but that would mean places like Eket, Bonny and Opobo would be Sacrificed and left out

26 Likes

Re: The Fury About Lagos-calabar Coastal Road, Is It About The Exemption Of SE? by helinues: 2:08pm On May 06
Christistruth00:

Because it is supposed to be a Coastal Highway along the Sea coast

May be Aba might be somehow included

Coastal shouldn't mean SE can't still be connected at the other end which are not coastal. It's a long km road bro.

SE people passing through the coastal road when done would be like Ijebu wey enter train, him journey still remain one. As rail no pass through any part of the Ijebu back then, don't know about now oo

grin

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Fury About Lagos-calabar Coastal Road, Is It About The Exemption Of SE? by Deltancapo: 2:09pm On May 06
helinues:
I am just curious about the discussion related to Lagos - Calabar coastal road projects which from some quarters most especially South East have been disagreeing about it, is it about the exemption of South East from the projects?

If that should be the case, how did the project pass through both Senate and HOA that the senators and House of reps members from South East have kept mute.

My own personal issue with the projects is the roads not passing through any of the South East states. the question is why?

The roads identified Niger Delta region.
Re: The Fury About Lagos-calabar Coastal Road, Is It About The Exemption Of SE? by helinues: 2:11pm On May 06
Deltancapo:

The roads identified Niger Delta region.

As the only region in Nigeria?

undecided

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Fury About Lagos-calabar Coastal Road, Is It About The Exemption Of SE? by Christistruth00: 2:14pm On May 06
helinues:

Coastal shouldn't mean SE can't still be connected at the other end which are not coastal. It's a long km road bro.

SE people passing through the coastal road when done would be like Ijebu wey enter train, him journey still remain one. As rail no pass through any part of the Ijebu back then, don't know about now oo

grin

Having looked at the Coastal Map if Aba is included then Eket Opobo and Bonny area places would have to be sacrificed on the Coastal highway
They are unlikely to agree, besides Aba is already on the Lagos to Calabar railway

Look at the Map , taking the road through Aba would leave Onne, Bonny Opobo Eket out of the Coastal Highway

21 Likes

Re: The Fury About Lagos-calabar Coastal Road, Is It About The Exemption Of SE? by Beremx(f): 2:15pm On May 06
helinues:

does SE have any coastal areas for it to be included? FG should go repair federal roads in the SE abeg. Misplaced priority

2 Likes

Re: The Fury About Lagos-calabar Coastal Road, Is It About The Exemption Of SE? by Deltancapo: 2:16pm On May 06
helinues:

As the only region in Nigeria?

undecided

They feed you for the past 60 years, they deserved than that

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Fury About Lagos-calabar Coastal Road, Is It About The Exemption Of SE? by helinues: 2:18pm On May 06
Christistruth00:

Having looked at the Coastal Map if Aba is included them Eket Opobo and Bonny area places would have to be sacrificed on the Coastal highway
They are unlikely to agree

Bro, it's not really about SE, major areas along that axis supposed to be connected with interchange.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Fury About Lagos-calabar Coastal Road, Is It About The Exemption Of SE? by helinues: 2:19pm On May 06
Deltancapo:

They feed you for the past 60 years, they deserved than that

Hahaha, SS people na my padi people for long, I no fit do just because of one NL to disrespect them.

Swerve guy

20 Likes

Re: The Fury About Lagos-calabar Coastal Road, Is It About The Exemption Of SE? by Bobloco: 2:21pm On May 06
helinues:

The worst thing you can do to your irredeemable self is to associate the criticisms against Tinubu's Lagos Calabar coastal highway of fraud with the south east. The last time I checked, Atiku, who first described it as a highway of fraud, was from the north. 

Leave the south-east alone; they have absolutely nothing to do with the criticisms against Tinubu's highway of fraud connecting Bourdillon to Lebanon.

Again, leave the south-east alone; they aren't the reason you are frustrated. Tinubu is the reason; channel your frustrations towards him and leave the south-east out of it.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Fury About Lagos-calabar Coastal Road, Is It About The Exemption Of SE? by Nightwolf1: 2:25pm On May 06
helinues:

If you aren't bereft of ideas and only supporting criminals in power for crumbs, kindly show me where this road project will pass through in Rivers State.

Incase you don't know, that criminal venture named coastal highway is much more closer to the people of SE than SW on realistic terms.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Fury About Lagos-calabar Coastal Road, Is It About The Exemption Of SE? by helinues: 2:25pm On May 06
Beremx:
does SE have any coastal areas for it to be included? FG should go repair federal roads in the SE abeg. Misplaced priority

Read my post again, connected at the other side with interchange, it's a long km road which the areas along the axis should be connected for easy transportation

20 Likes

Re: The Fury About Lagos-calabar Coastal Road, Is It About The Exemption Of SE? by Malroux: 2:26pm On May 06
helinues:

You see the reason why Nigerians are angry at Tinubu and the useless Umahi.
Re: The Fury About Lagos-calabar Coastal Road, Is It About The Exemption Of SE? by helinues: 2:27pm On May 06
Nightwolf1:

If you aren't bereft of ideas and only supporting criminals in power for crumbs, kindly show me where this road project will pass through in Rivers State.

Incase you don't know, that criminal venture named coastal highway is much more closer to the people of SE than SW on realistic terms.

You have already displayed at emboldened because you didn't even bother to read my comments, as usual fixated mindset, but for how long?

2 Likes

Re: The Fury About Lagos-calabar Coastal Road, Is It About The Exemption Of SE? by helinues: 2:28pm On May 06
Malroux:
You see the reason why Nigerians are angry at Tinubu and the useless Umahi.

That reason was yet to be raised. I raised it out of curiosity..

You are confirming it
Re: The Fury About Lagos-calabar Coastal Road, Is It About The Exemption Of SE? by Christistruth00: 2:28pm On May 06
helinues:

Bro, it's not really about SE, major areas along that axis supposed to be connected with interchange.

There will be another Spur that connects it to Northern Nigeria through Port Harcourt Aba Enugu axis

But Coastal areas that need to be opened up shouldn’t be excluded

1 Like

Re: The Fury About Lagos-calabar Coastal Road, Is It About The Exemption Of SE? by helinues: 2:30pm On May 06
Christistruth00:

There will be another Spur that connects it to Northern Nigeria through Port Harcourt Aba Enugu axis

The SE and the areas along that axis from Lagos down to Calabar should have been considered with the first plan.

Government would have no choice than to do the interchange roads that will connect to the other end. The road can't just be one way forward

1 Like

Re: The Fury About Lagos-calabar Coastal Road, Is It About The Exemption Of SE? by Malroux: 2:30pm On May 06
helinues:

That reason was yet to be raised. I raised it out of curiosity..

You are confirming it
But is it a good thing to do? Same way Buhari left out the east on the rail project.
Re: The Fury About Lagos-calabar Coastal Road, Is It About The Exemption Of SE? by TheBillyonaire: 2:31pm On May 06
helinues:

What really does South East mean? The funniest is South South.

Looking at the Nigeria map Cross Rover should have been South East. And there is nothing like South South in Geography.

My question is; Where our founding fathers illiterates?

Must we continue with illiterate geographical labels ?

4 Likes

Re: The Fury About Lagos-calabar Coastal Road, Is It About The Exemption Of SE? by helinues: 2:32pm On May 06
Malroux:
But is it a good thing to do? Same way Buhari left out the east on the rail project.

Where are your representatives in this particular case, how did the project pass through both Senate and HOA that we didn't hear peem from them.

My curiosity is now jamming

1 Like

Re: The Fury About Lagos-calabar Coastal Road, Is It About The Exemption Of SE? by Christistruth00: 2:34pm On May 06
TheBillyonaire:

Looking at the Nigeria map Cross Rover should have been South East. And there is nothing like South South in Geography.

Looking at the Map don’t you think Kwara should be SW?

Do SE and Cross River speak Efik?
Re: The Fury About Lagos-calabar Coastal Road, Is It About The Exemption Of SE? by Oilwell(m): 2:35pm On May 06
helinues:

Atiku and PremiumTimes that wrote on the above subject are they from SE?

Helinues get sense. You can't continue like this forever. Think about your future.

2 Likes

Re: The Fury About Lagos-calabar Coastal Road, Is It About The Exemption Of SE? by helinues: 2:35pm On May 06
TheBillyonaire:

The question you are asking is not related to this thread now
Re: The Fury About Lagos-calabar Coastal Road, Is It About The Exemption Of SE? by Christistruth00: 2:36pm On May 06
helinues:

The SE and the areas along that axis from Lagos down to Calabar should have been considered with the first plan.

Government would have no choice than to do the interchange roads that will connect to the other end. The road can't just be one way forward

There would be interchange around Port Harcourt going North through Aba and Enugu
May be another around Uyo
But did you hear Peter Obi fighting for Interchange?
He wants the whole thing Cancelled
Re: The Fury About Lagos-calabar Coastal Road, Is It About The Exemption Of SE? by Nightwolf1: 2:36pm On May 06
helinues:

You have already displayed at emboldened because you didn't even bother to read my comments, as usual fixated mindset, but for how long?

That the road didn't pass through the South East is never the issue. The issue is, there are abandoned projects all over the country including an East West road already serving the same purpose for which the coastal highway is designated. That East West road is in terrible condition and lives are being lost on that road everyday. Put it in order and channel the rest amount of money to areas that needed utmost attention. Not a project that won't be completed under 20yrs.

Again,15 trillion Naira is a huge money earmarked for a project that never followed due process. Perhaps it could have been less than what Dave Umahi wants us to believe.

Too many grey areas associated with the project are the reason for reasonable doubts.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Slap A Politician / How Is The Nation Wide Strike Affecting You. / Pdp’s Sambo Ducks Debate Of Vice Presidential Candidates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.