Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,550 members, 7,837,107 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:02 PM

Facts About Christianity And The Bible - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Facts About Christianity And The Bible (997 Views)

Pope Leo X And His Most Infamous Declaration About Christianity!a Must Read! / For Those Of You Who Have Doubts About Christianity, Read This! / Similarities And Differences Between Christianity And Islam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Facts About Christianity And The Bible by Malstrom(m): 6:44pm On Nov 21, 2011
Rome was Christianized by Constantine, his mother was an early convert. Before, Christians had been a mistreated sect witch the empire had basically seen as a threat.

Now when Rome was Christianized, many uncertainties about the religion appeared. There was no agreement whether or not Jesus was a human being with divine qualities or God in a human shape or the son of God. Constantine decided that Jesus should be the son of God and Gods form on earth. He also decided Sundays to be the official day for rest among Christians.

The bible has changed a lot over time.

The differences between the oldest versions of the bible found and the modern bible are evidence that changes have been made. In the original bible there is two parts that do not exist in the modern bible, also the text is slightly different, words and sentences has been added and taken out.

One important thing is that in the old bible is that Jesus never rises from his cave and never "return" to heaven.
He also never express the words -"Father forgive them for they know not what they do"
And in the old bible the Jews are held accountable for the death of Jesus.

This means the modern bible can not be the direct word of god so for fundamentalists this may be a bit uncomfortable to read.

The old bible: http://codexsinaiticus.org/en/
Article: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/7651105.stm
Re: Facts About Christianity And The Bible by Malstrom(m): 2:48pm On Nov 22, 2011
In the first biblical creation account (Genesis 1:1-2:4a), God made man (both male and female) together at the same time - there was no evident priority.

See: http://bible.oremus.org/?ql=175534276
Re: Facts About Christianity And The Bible by TrueSeeker(m): 9:07pm On Nov 22, 2011
Malstrom:

The differences between the oldest versions of the bible found and the modern bible are evidence that changes have been made. In the original bible there is two parts that do not exist in the modern bible, also the text is slightly different, words and sentences has been added and taken out.

One important thing is that in the old bible is that Jesus never rises from his cave and never "return" to heaven.
He also never express the words -"Father forgive them for they know not what they do"
And in the old bible the Jews are held accountable for the death of Jesus.

This means the modern bible can not be the direct word of god so for fundamentalists this may be a bit uncomfortable to read.

The old bible: http://codexsinaiticus.org/en/
Article: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/7651105.stm
*L-I-E-S*
Bring your proof
Re: Facts About Christianity And The Bible by Malstrom(m): 9:17pm On Nov 22, 2011
Its right before your eyes, Just check out the three links! wink
Re: Facts About Christianity And The Bible by TrueSeeker(m): 9:51am On Nov 23, 2011
I have read and compare Sinaitic Codex with our modern Bible it contains account of Resurrection as reported by Gospel writers.
Re: Facts About Christianity And The Bible by Malstrom(m): 1:17pm On Nov 23, 2011
The article says different and so did the web site for Sinaitic Codex, so it would be very strange if they have changed it now but on the other hand I did not read the original scriptures, I trusted the claims they published before on the site. However it is no doubt that the original bible is different compared to the new one, but it recuires me to read myself about the other statements. Ur right about the resurrection tho, but its odd they first said differently.
Re: Facts About Christianity And The Bible by Malstrom(m): 1:38pm On Nov 23, 2011
Im confused, why would BBC lie about something like that? What do they gain from that??
Re: Facts About Christianity And The Bible by TrueSeeker(m): 7:57pm On Nov 23, 2011
I appreciate your honesty.  "Make sure of all things; hold fast to what is fine. . ."(1 Thessalonians 5:21)
Re: Facts About Christianity And The Bible by plappville(f): 9:38pm On Nov 23, 2011
Malstrom:

Im confused, why would BBC lie about something like that? What do they gain from that??

I doubt if u didn't do this to distrol the bible as a result of ur comments in this thread, undecided Why should u try to post articles/links without making proper research in validating it with more than 5 links before concluding?
The errors in the koran are all open, all historical books, the koran contradits. i know u are a muslim, but pretending. dont worry, u shall soon come out of confusion, JESUS is not all about race but love.

in this link u called JESUS WHITE JESUS ETC. I know ur intents right from ur very first post. Repent broda!
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-807978.0.html#msg9618756
Re: Facts About Christianity And The Bible by EvilBrain1(m): 1:05am On Nov 24, 2011
plappville:

I doubt if u didn't do this to distrol the bible as a result of your comments in this thread, undecided Why should u try to post articles/links without making proper research in validating it with more than 5 links before concluding?
The errors in the koran are all open, all historical books, the koran contradits. i know u are a muslim, but pretending. dont worry, u shall soon come out of confusion, JESUS is not all about race but love.

in this link u called JESUS WHITE JESUS ETC. I know your intents right from your very first post. Repent broda!
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-807978.0.html#msg9618756

Nursery school argument. Nobody is talking about the koran here. Even if you were able to discredit the koran, it wouldn't make the bible any more legitimate. This is not an either/or situation. Learn how to debate like a rational adult.

Unless you can show us that OP's information and his sources are wrong, please keep your opinions to yourself. You're not contributing anything positive to this thread and the last thing we need is another christian vs muslim trollfest.
Re: Facts About Christianity And The Bible by Joagbaje(m): 11:49am On Nov 24, 2011
Malstrom:

Now when Rome was Christianized, many uncertainties about the religion appeared. There was no agreement whether or not Jesus was a human being with divine qualities or God in a human shape or the son of God.

1 John 4:2-3
2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God: 3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

1 Corinthians 15:17
17 And if Christ be not raised, your faith is vain; ye are yet in your sins.

Resurrection is key element of christian faith dude.
Re: Facts About Christianity And The Bible by plaetton: 2:40pm On Nov 24, 2011
So, no resurrection, no faith? Interesting.
Re: Facts About Christianity And The Bible by plappville(f): 2:56pm On Nov 24, 2011
Evil Brain:

Nursery school argument. Nobody is talking about the koran here. Even if you were able to discredit the koran, it wouldn't make the bible any more legitimate. This is not an either/or situation. Learn how to debate like a rational adult.

Unless you can show us that OP's information and his sources are wrong, please keep your opinions to yourself. You're not contributing anything positive to this thread and the last thing we need is another christian vs muslim trollfest.

Mr EVILBRAIN, did u go through the link i posted? the thread was talking about someone who was feld up with islam, becos of BH treats, and how frequent terrorism attack by muslim re been published in the media. @Malstrom first post refared to WHITE JESUS. was the @OP asking if JESUS is white or BLACK no, his intention was that, if the OP decides to leave islam, as many xtian already preaching to him,@Malstrom discouraged the OP by saying JESUS IS A WHITE MAN etc. The next day he came up with this thread (Facts About Christianity And The Bible) Sure He has to by all means find polluted links without reading the bible, but rather, trust articles that writes falsely against the RESURRECTION OF CHRIST.
But he failed, becos that was not wise enough. Should i make same correction as @TrueSeeker? I saw he was already corrected, so needless refuting him. This hasnt call for (Nursery) Atakara arguement?
Re: Facts About Christianity And The Bible by proo212(m): 10:11am On Nov 25, 2011
@Plaetton yes oh. No resurrection no faith.

John 10:18 English Standard Version (©2001)
No one takes it from me, {His life(my emphasis)}but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down, and I have authority to take it up again. This charge I have received from my Father.”

So we see that in Romans 10:9 "because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved". English Standard Version (©2001)

The bible says in Ephesians 2:13But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far off have been brought near by the blood of Christ. And how did the blood bring near you might ask? When it was shed on the cross.

(1) (Reply)

Correcting The Misconception,misrepresentation & Misinterpretation Of The Quran / Frosbel Why Can't You Be Original In Your Posts? /

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.