Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,793 members, 7,848,134 topics. Date: Sunday, 02 June 2024 at 04:46 PM

Do Married Men Envy Bachelors? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Do Married Men Envy Bachelors? (28689 Views)

How Do Married Men Hustling In The Diaspora Cope With Sexual Urges / Why Do Married Men Suddenly Lose Interest In Their Wives and try to avoid her? / What Benefits Do Married Persons Enjoy Better Than Single People? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do Married Men Envy Bachelors? by Forumites: 11:44pm On May 07
Ma bachelors dey envy married man.

1 Like

Re: Do Married Men Envy Bachelors? by Princewill1(m): 11:45pm On May 07
Bahamas95:
Honestly this is a very foolish question...... Before I got married I always admired married couples.

I got married few months back and it's one of the best decisions I have made in my life, family and friends now respect me more than before. Heads turn whenever I step out with my stunning Edo beauty.

No gain jumping from one woman to another, I have been there before.......Since I got married I have peace of mind, no more unnecessary expenses.
Did you say 'few months back? It's too early to do a review of the marriage.

Come back to this post of yours in 7-10yrs time. You will be surprised that you posted this.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do Married Men Envy Bachelors? by twosquare(m): 11:55pm On May 07
Marriage is sweet when there is money and when you marry a good partner. That's just it. Anything else is out of it.

There are more battles in marriage than in singlehood. As for those who are sweet about it in this thread, that's because you married a good partner (for now). We have not put it to the test in more than 5, 10 years because the winds of the earth change. And yes, it may continue to be good if the parties involved know what they are doing. Just don't marry an unfortunate person.

However, this is what Apostle Paul says, "But if you do marry, you have not sinned; and if a virgin marries, she has not sinned. But those who marry will face many troubles in this life, and I want to spare you this."

What did a great apostle see to say this?

Just choose your poison...

I will end this with the words of Socrates: "By all means marry. If you get a good wife, you'll be happy. If you get a bad one, you'll become a philosopher."

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do Married Men Envy Bachelors? by xukwaa: 11:55pm On May 07
Backwardness
Re: Do Married Men Envy Bachelors? by xukwaa: 11:57pm On May 07
Just envy hell...Na water just full some ppl head. You wake in the morning to post nonsense!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do Married Men Envy Bachelors? by cococandy(f): 11:57pm On May 07
DoWhatThouWilt:
I have come to the realisation that men are living in a world today where there are too many impossible expectations to meet.

I’m curious about this statement. What are some example of impossible expectations that you feel men are expected to meet?

2 Likes

Re: Do Married Men Envy Bachelors? by ProtonX: 12:01am On May 08
Short answer is NO. I never have. I have been married for almost a decade and a half and what we have achieved in life as a family is what I never would have dreamed of as a bachelor. I married a woman who looks out for me the way I look out for her. We've built a solid fortress spiritually, physically, financially, etc. I won't have had it this good alone. My life was scattered especially because I was forced to be independent at a young age and I left home at around 17. Sometimes I imagine if I didn't wife her when I did, another man would have cupped this gift that God willingly gave me. TWO GOOD HEADS ARE BETTER THAN ONE. We're not without disagreements sometimes but we've so far maintained a peaceful home. Yes, life gets chaotic but knowing you have a genuine person, no chaos is big enough. Learning and unlearning is constant in our marriage and knowing what God requires of us per time. We have been intentional about our relationship especially when our kids came in the picture. From just date nights enjoying some of our favorite TV shows indoors to trips where we focus on each other and plan the next month, next quarter, etc. We keep a united front before our relatives including our parents, friends, our children, etc. I sometimes re-read my kids' school composition about us as their parents, and I genuinely ball my eyes. God gave me the best gift and I almost lost her wasting time that year. But to God be the glory. No regrets.

22 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Do Married Men Envy Bachelors? by Lexusgs430: 12:05am On May 08
sacajawea:

Are you married??
When did you marry??

Yes.......

25 years in a happily married union.........

Are you married....... 😂

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do Married Men Envy Bachelors? by tulabh: 12:07am On May 08
YES BECAUSE OF KNACKING... GIRLS DONT WANT TO KNACK MARRIED MEN

1 Like

Re: Do Married Men Envy Bachelors? by Lexusgs430: 12:08am On May 08
Tigercage:

{Quote}
Hmmmmm....omo boy! U talk these one oooo
{/Quote}

4 hands + 4 legs + 2 heads...... Are better than....... 😉😜😁
Re: Do Married Men Envy Bachelors? by Lexusgs430: 12:09am On May 08
tulabh:
YES BECAUSE OF KNACKING... GIRLS DONT WANT TO KNACK MARRIED MEN

Do you reside under a rock........ 😁

1 Like

Re: Do Married Men Envy Bachelors? by pocohantas(f): 12:12am On May 08
I just dey imagine say na woman create this thread. Do married women envy spinsters?

Hahhaah grin grin

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Do Married Men Envy Bachelors? by Soukiss(m): 12:15am On May 08
That is y we make baby mamas
I hv two kids beans and rice
At my age of 22 that yr I hv my first son and again at my age of 29 u no I hv another kid girl all in different mother
Thanks to god almighty there all with me there mum hv help me ooh.i no need wife like this my boy go write his ssce next yr

So with this two lord give them long life I pray
Me like this na sex free na yaga I dey do women for my area and again am approaching my Fourth yrs next yr
Na Dem dey fellow me

2 Likes

Re: Do Married Men Envy Bachelors? by Drone95(m): 12:17am On May 08
adebayosun02:
The first picture in the post show the quality of a man
The second picture shows the quality of a kid.

So, OP kindly decipher where u belong out of this two pictures
strongly disagree!
Re: Do Married Men Envy Bachelors? by Coolboy009: 12:17am On May 08
VinnyBaba:

Truth is MANY married men do. undecided

Especially when a Single Guy who is their Neighbour, Friend or Colleague is Having lots of Sexy Girlfriends and Babes as Girlfriend or Fucckmate. tongue sad

They will now feel like 'So this my PREEK na for Only my Yeye Wife?'. embarassed cry
dey play some married men dey knack fine babes pass some single guys. And the funny thing is most of the married men side chicks are some single guys main chicks.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do Married Men Envy Bachelors? by Besuccesful: 12:48am On May 08
I got married to someone I have been dating since my secondary school days. She is my everything and I see her as my best friend.

Marriage is cool, sweet, enjoyable when you are with someone you both love and respect eachother.

Most people that says otherwise about marriage are people that has seen shege and banza from their partner hands.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do Married Men Envy Bachelors? by Ay04z(m): 12:52am On May 08
Marry Ur friend.. grind hard ..and make she grind too..... Marriage sweet God bless every home ...Amin..

1 Like

Re: Do Married Men Envy Bachelors? by Besuccesful: 12:55am On May 08
I got married to someone I have been dating since my secondary school days. The 20yrs I have known her is the best in my life trust me. Maybe I was just lucky. But I feel blessed with this woman.

Marriage is cool, sweet, enjoyable when you are with someone that cherish you just as you cherish her.

Most people that says otherwise about marriage are people that have seen shege and banza from their partner hands.

5 Likes

Re: Do Married Men Envy Bachelors? by cococandy(f): 12:55am On May 08
May you and your wife continue to be blessed
It’s a breath of fresh air seeing a man appreciate the woman in his life on this nairaland .

ProtonX:
Short answer is NO. I never have. I have been married for almost a decade and a half and what we have achieved in life as a family is what I never would have dreamed of as a bachelor. I married a woman who looks out for me the way I look out for her. We've built a solid fortress spiritually, physically, financially, etc. I won't have had it this good alone. My life was scattered especially because I was forced to be independent at a young age and I left home at around 17. Sometimes I imagine if I didn't wife her when I did, another man would have cupped this gift that God willingly gave me. TWO GOOD HEADS ARE BETTER THAN ONE. We're not without disagreements sometimes but we've so far maintained a peaceful home. Yes, life gets chaotic but knowing you have a genuine person, no chaos is big enough. Learning and unlearning is constant in our marriage and knowing what God requires of us per time. We have been intentional about our relationship especially when our kids came in the picture. From just date nights enjoying some of our favorite TV shows indoors to trips where we focus on each other and plan the next month, next quarter, etc. We keep a united front before our relatives including our parents, friends, our children, etc. I sometimes re-read my kids' school composition about us as their parents, and I genuinely ball my eyes. God gave me the best gift and I almost lost her wasting time that year. But to God be the glory. No regrets.

10 Likes

Re: Do Married Men Envy Bachelors? by cococandy(f): 12:57am On May 08
pocohantas:
I just dey imagine say na woman create this thread. Do married women envy spinsters?

Hahhaah grin grin

The men wouldn’t even let us converse in peace. You’ll see them taking over the conversation to tell us how we should feel, think and respond undecided

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do Married Men Envy Bachelors? by BiGVEEN58(m): 1:05am On May 08
YES!

Be very observant. You will know.

They also reserve some advice regarding finding a spouse from you unless they really like you.

My guy tell me say men don't really need women. He is married with 2 kids.

2 Likes

Re: Do Married Men Envy Bachelors? by InvertedHammer: 1:09am On May 08
DoWhatThouWilt:
Do they?

I love and enjoy my current state of bachelorhood and honestly I do not have the desire to get married now or in future because personally I have come to the realisation that men are living in a world today where there are too many impossible expectations to meet.

Recently, I have been noticing subtle hints of envy from my colleagues at work who are married just from the statements they make.

For example, they usually try to belittle me with statements like You're still a small boy, you don put woman for house? whenever we are having non heated argument over a topic that doesn't even concern marriage in anyway.

When it is their turn to work for some few hours on weekends they make statements like Men like us no suppose they do duty, na una (single men) suppose do am as if I don't have other affairs to attend to during the weekend.

So married men in the House, Do you people envy single men?

/
In this day and age, the only difference between unmarried couple and married couple is that the latter has a document of enslavement signed and backed by law. The overall benefits remain same. A live-in girlfriend may be better than most wives because of limited sense of entitlement--separation is usually less painful financially and otherwise for a man.

/

5 Likes

Re: Do Married Men Envy Bachelors? by osigiepurr(m): 1:14am On May 08
Na mumu married man dey envy mumu Bachelor. If possible, both of them will remain Ózuòr forever.

Marriage sweet if you get the password. Wetin you gain if you no get Sabi wife for your house. Infact, unbillable kpekus go full everywhere jare!.

3 Likes

Re: Do Married Men Envy Bachelors? by Ediffizy: 1:25am On May 08
E concern you
Re: Do Married Men Envy Bachelors? by gabbytabby: 1:36am On May 08
Those who fail to plan usually plan to fail.

Go in with the right intentions, to build each other to be the best version of yourself , to work together and both of you against the world and not against each other and don’t take advantage of each other and be truthful one to another. Nothing is more sexy than knowing that someone has your back and you have theirs a partnership in the true sense of the word.

Instead Una go dey look for yansh, Bobby, how much the other person get for pocket and how to commandeer it for your self instead of helping to grow it. Often times when they talk of gold digger people look at a woman but a lot of gold digging men looking to marry women to take from plenty for ground even for Nigeria but more so diaspora and even before them land for marriage na unnecessary stress over money and them see that the other person no be Mugu and their selfish plan is not working they are miserable and start to tell story up and down na London wife, she is not submissive etc. On top most are not faithful or trustworthy with their partners.

Do unto others as you would have them do to you.

DoWhatThouWilt:
Do they?

I love and enjoy my current state of bachelorhood and honestly I do not have the desire to get married now or in future because personally I have come to the realisation that men are living in a world today where there are too many impossible expectations to meet.

Recently, I have been noticing subtle hints of envy from my colleagues at work who are married just from the statements they make.

For example, they usually try to belittle me with statements like You're still a small boy, you don put woman for house? whenever we are having non heated argument over a topic that doesn't even concern marriage in anyway.

When it is their turn to work for some few hours on weekends they make statements like Men like us no suppose they do duty, na una (single men) suppose do am as if I don't have other affairs to attend to during the weekend.

2 Likes

Re: Do Married Men Envy Bachelors? by blackmantis: 1:36am On May 08
Housing:
Those whose marriage is not more than 5years may envy because at that stage marriage do go through survival test but this over a decade can never envy you but only pity your uninformed opinion.

As marriage shouldn't be rushed please reconsider your decision not to marry nor get child because you will not be fit forever.

Good marriage will change you for better, you will understands selflessness, sacrifice, compromise, self-respect, discipline, self restraint, empathy and leadership.

There are things that are now done by my children now that I which I had more of them.

Loneliness and depression do catch up with ages.

But in all you do pray for God's guidance and favour.

Don't loud it. Lots of kids here. They will find out in time.

2 Likes

Re: Do Married Men Envy Bachelors? by Ofodirinwa: 1:54am On May 08
I am happily married and I don't envy bachelors. When I was a bachelor I had my fun, but marriage showed me that we as men typically chase women to validate ourselves or to fill an emotional void. Marriage and having a family has been great for me. I have grown as a man mentally, spiritually and financially. I have a healthy family I come home to and I'm proud to see grow and thrive. Just watching my children eat brings me a lot of joy.

There is a time in life that being a bachelor is fun, but after a while i becomes empty, unstable, and loses the 'fun' aspect. Some men don't grow to the next level and will chase women perpetually. If that makes them happy that's cool.

Once you realize your dick is not the most important thing about you, marriage will make sense.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do Married Men Envy Bachelors? by Blitzking: 2:08am On May 08
DoWhatThouWilt:
Do they?

To me no difference..
Re: Do Married Men Envy Bachelors? by Chicagograduate(m): 2:49am On May 08
traware:
I have been married for over 9 years now but believe me, each time I see any young man about to get married, I will just pity the man instead of happy for him. Marriage is not what it use to be in olden days.

--Slurity
Married based on peer pressure
Re: Do Married Men Envy Bachelors? by Tamaratena: 2:49am On May 08
Obviously they do because the number of married men denying their status just to get in-between the laps of young girls is enough to verify that claim the competition is so highsamong them in other words competing with the single guys which also shows they are not proud of or even happy about their status so.. yeah, it's safe to say they envy single guys.and wish to be single again so they can mess around freely.

5 Likes

Re: Do Married Men Envy Bachelors? by madjune(m): 3:00am On May 08
That bachelorhood enjoyment is fleeting as its immature and deceptive.

Get carried away on it and watch your time pass you onto old age with nothing to show for it.

And when you look around, you'd find out that those old, fun mates you called girlfriends by then are verily settled longtime in their own homes with grown up kids.

Then, you'd realize what's called a phase...and, it passed you by.

Grow up.

Nobody gets a medal by partying nonstop or how many p.ssy you fk or all that.

That's a grand smokescreen meant to deceive you.

The greatest blessing onto any man is to discover his love on time, marry her, have kids with her on time and enjoy the fruits of your family in your old age...

Because, old age is a certainty.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do Married Men Envy Bachelors? by ruffhandu: 3:11am On May 08
mablie:

@Emboldened

Spoken like a typical married man grin

Una wayo too much grin grin

I no want grin

Bachelorhood till i'm six feet in the ground cool
mind what you wish for yourself bro, spoken/written words have great effects/ You will only envy single men when you are not with the right woman. Girlfriend CAN NEVER BE A WIFE, no matter how long and how deep the relationship is. If you become a father as a married man, na there you go begin feel like a king David inside. The Nigerian society also accords more respect to a married man, even if he is in a bad married, than a single ma.
Again, as a married man, you are only stuck with one route of spirit transfer (that is if both partners are faithful), but the single promiscuous man will keep exchanging different spirits, and perhaps diseases, with his different sex partners.

One of the benefits of being single though is focus, whenever you want/need it. Because for a married man, he will have to battle to be alone. But with understanding he will achieve that, no be where small pickin (his child(ren)) dey sha.

If you also realise that many girls who come your way do not have only you as a sex partner, it could be heart-breaking. But a wife is assumed faithful.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

How To Help A Woman During Her Period / Oldest Woman In Benue Dies At 120 / Son Pranks His Mother, Tells Her That Their TV Is Touchscreen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.