Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,126 members, 7,849,512 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 11:05 PM

I Have A Smart Tv, Never Knew I Was Wasting Money On Dstv - TV/Movies (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / I Have A Smart Tv, Never Knew I Was Wasting Money On Dstv (67720 Views)

Arin BBNaija: I Knew People Would Judge My Appearance On The Show / Cee-cCs Sister Replies Uriel: I Never Knew How Many Demons She Has Been Fighting / #bbnaija2018: Miracle And Nina Knew Themselves Before Coming To The House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Have A Smart Tv, Never Knew I Was Wasting Money On Dstv by millionboi(m): 1:29pm On May 13
Rich4god:

I was shocked to see that I used 4gb to stream on my TV from morning till after Chelsea match yesterday.

As someone that goes to work and only watch TV during the evening hours, 10gb is far far enough for me for the month. So 20gb of 5k will serve two months.
Airtel will give you 18GB for 5k not 22 or 20 as you said.
Re: I Have A Smart Tv, Never Knew I Was Wasting Money On Dstv by Samakus(m): 1:29pm On May 13
Fibonacci88:

I don't know the name o. But I got it via someone here on nairaland. 3k monthly subscription for endless channels and thousands of movies and series. Just check the tv session u should be able to connect with someone.

I'm interested bro. Link me to the person u got it from

I no sabi anything about this IPTV
Re: I Have A Smart Tv, Never Knew I Was Wasting Money On Dstv by Mcslize: 1:31pm On May 13
doggedfighter:

It's always bro here 😂

Why oh why !

Doggedfighter cuz ur nickname is not feminine, that's why.

You wey be our fellow man. My guy how far na?
Re: I Have A Smart Tv, Never Knew I Was Wasting Money On Dstv by porthouse7(f): 1:31pm On May 13
Rich4god:

Even as a family, there is every tendency that you won't finish 40gb data in a month on streaming. And to get 40gb, ot cost averagely 10k.
5 4k movies will finish ur 40gb

1 Like

Re: I Have A Smart Tv, Never Knew I Was Wasting Money On Dstv by samuelson06(m): 1:31pm On May 13
nabiz:
yes it is better as a worker but not for someone with family. My tv is always on from 5:30 am to 12midnght

Una work for this life, na to dey watch TV abi? Don't regulate things or get people busy in this harsh economy, stay there and be making excuses.
Re: I Have A Smart Tv, Never Knew I Was Wasting Money On Dstv by Callosobruchus(m): 1:32pm On May 13
So if I used that my 9k I was using to subscribe to DSTV compact and buy Airtel 22g for 5k, I will be on unlimited streaming till month end.

Why subscribe 22G with 5k when you can subscribe 20G with 3k when you select the "My area" option with Airtel.5k is actually 18G sha.
Smart TV,smart choice.

1 Like

Re: I Have A Smart Tv, Never Knew I Was Wasting Money On Dstv by millionboi(m): 1:32pm On May 13
Rich4god:

Even as a family, there is every tendency that you won't finish 40gb data in a month on streaming. And to get 40gb, ot cost averagely 10k.
oga take m easy dey lie, you can't get 40GB for 10k.
Re: I Have A Smart Tv, Never Knew I Was Wasting Money On Dstv by Mcslize: 1:33pm On May 13
Rich4god:

You dont have to subscribe for casting. Once your phone have casting feature. you open the casting feature on your tv then use it to search for your phone. Once connected just like bluetooth, what ever that is showing on your phone will be displayed on your TV.

Simple.

Can u screenshot the casting app on your phone? Let me see if I have it.
Re: I Have A Smart Tv, Never Knew I Was Wasting Money On Dstv by Allisgud: 1:34pm On May 13
decatalyst:
You just dey discover say it saves cost to stream?

I have successfully stopped subscribing on GoTV since 6-7years now. Why did I stop?
I remember I subscribed that month and discovered that the channels didn't fully load. I called their contact center and I was told they have removed the channels.

The lady that picked the call sounded so nonchalant, and that the remover is their choice and no need to inform the customer. I stopped subscribing the next month. They have called me tire since then, offered me incentives and inducements, I haven't changed my decision.

Monthly, I simply activate MTN's 200GB on my 5G router and enjoy movies of choice, YouTube, football etc.

I like the be in control and doing streaming gives me control cuz I have not subscription running whether I watch or not. I can also control my data usage. Some months, nah 110GB I use, some 150GB and I just roll over the data.

Since I saw the increase in bouquet I just dey laugh 😄
do u use the data for other things or it's for TV alone and how much is the 200g,and again can u watch YouTube download movies on ur smart tv without data?
Re: I Have A Smart Tv, Never Knew I Was Wasting Money On Dstv by Nafizzey(m): 1:35pm On May 13
Rich4god:

I used a live football match app on my phone, then casted the view on my smart TV.

Apps like Yasine, livefooty and plenty others stream football live on your mobile phone.
please how do you cast the mobile phone view on your smart TV.? Thanks
Re: I Have A Smart Tv, Never Knew I Was Wasting Money On Dstv by porthouse7(f): 1:36pm On May 13
manmade:
Someone has advertised for Airtel data and another for MTN data , let's wait for the GLO data advert
glo data is the best, glo is best thing to ever happen to voice and data connection in Nigeria, mtn would have killed us if not for glo

1 Like

Re: I Have A Smart Tv, Never Knew I Was Wasting Money On Dstv by samuelson06(m): 1:36pm On May 13
CrossRhodes:

That's too much TV time for your family members....

Don't mind him. Let everyone be watching TV as though that's what they came to do in the world.
Re: I Have A Smart Tv, Never Knew I Was Wasting Money On Dstv by chistevoy(m): 1:36pm On May 13
michlins:
The day you will discover IPTV, I don't know what you will do.

Combine it with Airtel 35k unlimited data plan monthly, you're set for family enjoyment

Which IPTV provider will you recommend
Re: I Have A Smart Tv, Never Knew I Was Wasting Money On Dstv by samuelson06(m): 1:37pm On May 13
porthouse7:
glo data is the best, glo is best thing to ever happen to voice and data connection in Nigeria, mtn would have killed us if not for glo

Best because it works in your location. For most people, glo isn't the best but MTN.

1 Like

Re: I Have A Smart Tv, Never Knew I Was Wasting Money On Dstv by OChimex: 1:37pm On May 13
helinues:
Cable na waste of money. Just get unlimited internet and you are good to go

The major global media are on YouTube to stream live, there are several websites to stream sporting activities live

It's not waste of money. Thats why money is important becasue you make money in order to afford things in life.
This is part of the reasons Nigeria doesnt work, everybody they look for shortcut and things to steal instead of pay. How do you want investors to invest and create employment, when people cut corners and steal their ideas and pirate their products?
You Nigerians are just confused.
😆
There are millions of ideas, things that you cant have access to if you are in Nigeria because they know, una go steal it and spoil busines for them. They are afraid to come invest in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: I Have A Smart Tv, Never Knew I Was Wasting Money On Dstv by Mcslize: 1:38pm On May 13
Habayomie:

No lies,
Over 5000 channels

Give a quick explanation on how to get this IPTV. Is it paid or free.
Re: I Have A Smart Tv, Never Knew I Was Wasting Money On Dstv by meum: 1:39pm On May 13
Segun2222:
i saw 40,000 channels and thousands of new movies i won die for 9$ 3months
What will you now do if you can get all those channels for FREE? Just have unlimited data.
Re: I Have A Smart Tv, Never Knew I Was Wasting Money On Dstv by Nackzy: 1:40pm On May 13
helinues:

Hope I have not contributed towards your present situation sha.

Didn't know my support is that powerful
yes it is, that's why you're suffering, b4 it was NPower money you were collecting, now nothing for you, your household is bearing the brunt of you decision
Re: I Have A Smart Tv, Never Knew I Was Wasting Money On Dstv by chistevoy(m): 1:40pm On May 13
Fibonacci88:
Hahaha. Thank God u have seen the light. When I told my wife I will no longer substitute dstv she was angry. But now she doesn't allow me handle remote unless it's a football game. Thanks to an IPTV I subscribed to. Endless movies and shows for the family and kid. Once u get data forget it u don't need datv

Which did you subscribe to
Re: I Have A Smart Tv, Never Knew I Was Wasting Money On Dstv by Blazadenise(m): 1:41pm On May 13
I last used dstv in 2016/17.... Its has always been waste of money. Just get unlimited data and you connected to watch and stream anything
Re: I Have A Smart Tv, Never Knew I Was Wasting Money On Dstv by GentleBosss: 1:41pm On May 13
Godspikin:

How does it work, is it an app?
you gonna need an IPTV player to get Started but u must have either a smart tv, phone or PC. If u need more info Holla

Re: I Have A Smart Tv, Never Knew I Was Wasting Money On Dstv by doggedfighter(f): 1:42pm On May 13
Mcslize:

Doggedfighter cuz ur nickname is not feminine, that's why.

You wey be our fellow man. My guy how far na?

So a female can't fight doggedly?

I am not your guy .😄

Go jor !
Re: I Have A Smart Tv, Never Knew I Was Wasting Money On Dstv by peacealways: 1:42pm On May 13
Re: I Have A Smart Tv, Never Knew I Was Wasting Money On Dstv by Mcslize: 1:43pm On May 13
tayor3:
Make i give you one app to enjoy movies, just like Netflix no sub.

I know the app. It starts with letter h.
Re: I Have A Smart Tv, Never Knew I Was Wasting Money On Dstv by KingGeedorah(m): 1:43pm On May 13
Also ditched my Dstv decoder late last year.

I enjoy watching NBA and NFL, Dstv does show them but not all games.
Now l just subcribe to NBA app for 5k and stream the NBA play offs ( one the NBA play offs are finished , l will resubscribe for netflix 5K)
I do also subscribe to youtube premium for 1k, so l do not have to watch the ads

For my data, l got an Airtel 4G Router and l sub 20k for 200Gb

So Au Revoir Dstv
Re: I Have A Smart Tv, Never Knew I Was Wasting Money On Dstv by NinjaMetahuman: 1:45pm On May 13
Like I have been saying, only mugu still subscribes to dstv.
Re: I Have A Smart Tv, Never Knew I Was Wasting Money On Dstv by Slypz: 1:45pm On May 13
You still need to do more research as you haven't discovered the main thing. If you do proper research you might not even need your phone or tablet to cast onto your TV. Remember whatever you are doing today, there is always a better way for a better result.
Re: I Have A Smart Tv, Never Knew I Was Wasting Money On Dstv by lawrenty50: 1:45pm On May 13
Rich4god:

The funny thing is, when you subscribed for the lowest bouquet, you won't see any reasonable channel, so what's the need.
….I believe it’s their agent writing here to stylistic convincing us here bros/sis…nothing more
Re: I Have A Smart Tv, Never Knew I Was Wasting Money On Dstv by GentleBosss: 1:47pm On May 13
DaddyYankee:
Please how do i watch Disco ery ID channels on YouTube or how to search them or which channel shows them?
with IPTV you can. Holla for more info
Re: I Have A Smart Tv, Never Knew I Was Wasting Money On Dstv by Mcslize: 1:48pm On May 13
finni:
If you have any of the optical fibre service providers, go for it. I use Proline optical fibre at my place in Ikorodu. I'm on 10mbps @N15k monthly.

15k for how many data or is it unlimited?
Re: I Have A Smart Tv, Never Knew I Was Wasting Money On Dstv by GentleBosss: 1:49pm On May 13
1x2x3:

Which IPTV are you using and what's the monthly cost?
with as low as 2500 per month I can provide good quality IPTV service for you. 3 month, 6 months and 1 year subscription are available

1 Like

Re: I Have A Smart Tv, Never Knew I Was Wasting Money On Dstv by Mcslize: 1:49pm On May 13
Kirchoffs:
People like me that do 1TB yearly plan stream football matches all the time lol. Gotv and dstv na scam. MTN is super fast In my area, I get over 300mbps most times

Where do you subscribe for this MTN 1terabyte?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Alexx Ekubo Shaves Off His Beard For AY's Movie Project (Photo, Video) / Ozo Dances With Nengi During BBNaija Grand Finale (Video) / Nigerians React To Miracle & Nina's Sex Scene On Big Brother Naija

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.