Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,603 members, 7,809,192 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:12 AM

Gbenga Daniel Stole ₦84b From Ogun State Coffers - Gov. Amosun - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gbenga Daniel Stole ₦84b From Ogun State Coffers - Gov. Amosun (5302 Views)

Gov. Amosun Controlling Traffic On Lag-ib Rd, King Sunny Ade Stops To Thank Him / Gbenga Daniel Celebrates 59th Birthday / Gov Amosun Allocates 500 Hectares Of Land To Lagos State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gbenga Daniel Stole ₦84b From Ogun State Coffers - Gov. Amosun by VoodooDoll(m): 9:04pm On Nov 22, 2011
‘Daniel stole ₦87b from state coffers'

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Home/5748349-146/story.csp

Ogun State governor, Ibikunle Amosun today revealed that his predecessor, Gbenga Daniel stole the sum of ₦87 billion, as well as $4 million at the tail of his administration, part of which he used to establish his privately owned media organizations, Compass and Westerner Newspapers.

The shocking revelation came into fore in Abeokuta, at a town hall meeting held at June 12 Cultural Centre with stakeholders in preparation for the proposed 2011 budget, pointing out that everything Daniel did while in office was to steal.

"So they have been stealing our money, all of the time they steal, everyday. It is only one government that will go in one day and take cash of $4 million cash out of the Ogun State money and steal it. We saw it there and we said well, we are not for that, what we are meant for is to serve our people," Amosun revealed.

"Now I am going to tell our people today; what they stole was ₦87 billion, but the only reason why I didn't want to bring this office into disrepute is when you look at how they stole those money, I‘m an Accountant; it will bring all of them down. They are thieves, I am not'. - [Ogbeni, charge the man to court and see him jailed.]

Amosun, while further reacting to the publication in the Compass Newspaper owned by Daniel accusing him {Amosun} of alleged involvement in ₦350 million APC contract scam, said he had resolved to refrained from putting the office of the governor into repute.

"A lot of the things that I have seen, a lot of things that I met when I came there; we couldn't say it out because when you now say such things out, it brings that office into disrepute. It even brings out the faith of the people that are reading those things outside, it probably again, bring them into disrepute.

"See, the only reason why I buy and read that newspaper (Compass} is because they told me that they stole our money to establish that newspaper and that we should not allow our money to be wasted," Amosun emphasized.

"We are not thieves like them; they are thieves and I can say it again and again and again. The only thing that we restrict me from saying it again is because I don't want to bring this office of the governor into disrepute," he stated.

"Let me just give you two or three examples so that you can know the extent to which they have proven to everybody that they are indeed thieves. A lot of things that we have discovered are very stunning. Our people are no fools, they know who is a thief and they know who have come to serve them."

"Look at the water that you drink, did you get any water not to even think of drinking one? The tap doesn't even run! When we came, they were buying this their chlorine alum for years at the rate of ₦145; they were stealing our money through this medium. They were stealing our money everyday, there was nothing they didn't steal our money to buy."

"That was how they have been stealing the state money for every month. When I came, I asked them, I think we bought it for ₦70 and they were buying it for ₦145. Later they said the reason why we are buying it was because we were giving money to the supplier ahead of purchase and that was why it was like that."

"So when I got to the office I was dazed and said how could people be this callous? They didn't even fear God. Everything they did there was an opportunity for them to steal money. We are not brought up like that, we are no thieves and we will not steal Ogun State money.

"Almost every week now, we make huge savings of the money of Ogun State. I am sure this is not one of the time, one day; we will want to make our valedictory speeches. That time, we reserve it. A lot of rot we met when we came. We are not thieves like them and I know that they will be wondering wherever they are; they think everything they must do must be an avenue for them to steal the money. We are not like them and am sure our people know who is a thief and who has come to serve them."
Re: Gbenga Daniel Stole ₦84b From Ogun State Coffers - Gov. Amosun by aloyemeka1: 11:10pm On Nov 22, 2011
Only $500M?. Why is the state broke if he only stole $500m?. Daniel must be a very compassionate thief because Ibori and co would have stolen triple that amount.
Re: Gbenga Daniel Stole ₦84b From Ogun State Coffers - Gov. Amosun by OAM4J: 12:28am On Nov 23, 2011
Why the doubt talk; 'They are thieves they stole ₦84b' and 'I don't want to bring this office into disrepute'

The office has already been brought into disrepute jor, state all the facts/evidences, send them to EFCC and let them rot in jail
Re: Gbenga Daniel Stole ₦84b From Ogun State Coffers - Gov. Amosun by obowunmi(m): 1:13am On Nov 23, 2011
Does the EFCC work?
Re: Gbenga Daniel Stole ₦84b From Ogun State Coffers - Gov. Amosun by yommyuk: 2:29am On Nov 23, 2011
The name "gbenga daniel to me is water flushed down the toilet.

BARAWO angry angry angry
Re: Gbenga Daniel Stole ₦84b From Ogun State Coffers - Gov. Amosun by Nobody: 9:40am On Nov 23, 2011
Amosun, quit talking and start working. There's no one in Ogun State who does not know already that Dani Elebo is worst thing that happened to the state in recent times.
Re: Gbenga Daniel Stole ₦84b From Ogun State Coffers - Gov. Amosun by ektbear: 9:45am On Nov 23, 2011
naijababe:

Amosun, quit talking and start working. There's no one in Ogun State who does not know already that Dani Elebo is worst thing that happened to the state in recent times.

+1
Re: Gbenga Daniel Stole ₦84b From Ogun State Coffers - Gov. Amosun by Nobody: 9:46am On Nov 23, 2011
84billion    shocked shocked   embarassed  when i have been looking for #10,000 naira for the past 3 months  angry
Re: Gbenga Daniel Stole ₦84b From Ogun State Coffers - Gov. Amosun by omo9ja1(m): 9:48am On Nov 23, 2011
Mr Amosu enough please start work all this talk talk will not lead to any where, pointing fingers all the time

abeg start doing something
Re: Gbenga Daniel Stole ₦84b From Ogun State Coffers - Gov. Amosun by rolchi(m): 9:50am On Nov 23, 2011
wink 84 Billion NGN! Amosun, are you kidding me?
Re: Gbenga Daniel Stole ₦84b From Ogun State Coffers - Gov. Amosun by BCuZiMBlaCk(m): 9:57am On Nov 23, 2011
OMG, Some people get mind ooo
Re: Gbenga Daniel Stole ₦84b From Ogun State Coffers - Gov. Amosun by Nobody: 9:58am On Nov 23, 2011
Gbenga Daniel would not live long IJN, Cuz he had made Ogun state peeps suffer too much
Re: Gbenga Daniel Stole ₦84b From Ogun State Coffers - Gov. Amosun by yuboy: 10:02am On Nov 23, 2011
dat i na dier own wahala poster shut up jare jare old news corruption has come 2 b d main stay of my people am not suprise an aproism has it dat d devil u had know 4 a wile is better dan an angel u had never meet so mr poster go take a sleep and take a cup of water to cool ur brain dis our 9ja promblem see am now
Re: Gbenga Daniel Stole ₦84b From Ogun State Coffers - Gov. Amosun by Nobody: 10:02am On Nov 23, 2011
aloy/emeka:

Only %500M?. Why is the state broke if he only stole $500m?. Daniel must be a very compassionate thief because Ibori and co would have stolen triple that amount.

He would have if Ogun had Delta's allocation. He robbed Ogun blind, he even  borrowed on behalf of the state and stole the borrowed funds  angry
Re: Gbenga Daniel Stole ₦84b From Ogun State Coffers - Gov. Amosun by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 10:06am On Nov 23, 2011
Nothing we say here will have an effect on corrupt politicians and the lax justice system we have in Nigeria - everyone knows that majority of the stinkin rich in Nigeria have questionable sources of income. the evidence is the impoverishing poverty visited on the masses and the continuing growth of corruption angry we need to start thinking of doing something drastic otherwise our children will curse our generation just as we are cursing the generation before us.
Re: Gbenga Daniel Stole ₦84b From Ogun State Coffers - Gov. Amosun by awuf2008: 10:06am On Nov 23, 2011
Can Amosun point to any Governor in Nigeria that never stole Government Money? Let s wait till he leaves office and see if nobody would come out to accused him Amosun of stealing? I think his primary assignment now should be how to provide dividend of Democracy to his people and leave witch hunting spree alone. because at the end of the day, nothing concrete will come out of it. The worst scenario that will happen is for  Gbenga Daniel is to enter into plea bargain, which will made him to  forfeits some loot and keep some, so what would have Amosun achieved at the end, to me nothing. Because Gbena Daniel will still go with some loot. It is my personal opinion
Re: Gbenga Daniel Stole ₦84b From Ogun State Coffers - Gov. Amosun by CapstonBee: 10:12am On Nov 23, 2011
Re: Gbenga Daniel Stole ₦84b From Ogun State Coffers - Gov. Amosun by ajadek(m): 10:51am On Nov 23, 2011
@obowumi efcc is working but judicciary is nt helping the matter,only poor soul are sentence,go to mowe,ibafo,arepo,magboro,akute,lambe,oke aro,agbado,matokun,for the past 8years now, no a single development in those area.let daniel come out and defend the alegation, if amosun want to confuse us his nt a thief like them he shd open everything to efcc and judiciary.
Re: Gbenga Daniel Stole ₦84b From Ogun State Coffers - Gov. Amosun by Nobody: 10:57am On Nov 23, 2011
yommyuk:

The name "gbenga daniel to me is water flushed down the toilet.

BARAWO angry angry angry
, tell them abeg
Re: Gbenga Daniel Stole ₦84b From Ogun State Coffers - Gov. Amosun by ocelot2006(m): 11:29am On Nov 23, 2011
Not suprised.
Re: Gbenga Daniel Stole ₦84b From Ogun State Coffers - Gov. Amosun by Sirniyeh(m): 11:54am On Nov 23, 2011
In Nigeria, all politicians are thieves even including Jonathan, Obasanjo, etc. But we know the educated illiterates among them after leaving the office. OGD is an educated illiterate. He did not apply his theft skill propriately and he failed. Looting money in public treausry is a course on its own. Those who are wise left the office scotfree. But Daniel failed. May be he should go to prison to start the course afresh like Bode Geoge
Re: Gbenga Daniel Stole ₦84b From Ogun State Coffers - Gov. Amosun by thompsob(m): 12:09pm On Nov 23, 2011
We are not thieves like them
but we are thieves .all of u are the same angry
Re: Gbenga Daniel Stole ₦84b From Ogun State Coffers - Gov. Amosun by thompsob(m): 12:12pm On Nov 23, 2011
We are not thieves like them

The above means we are thieves but not like them
all of u na barawo
Re: Gbenga Daniel Stole ₦84b From Ogun State Coffers - Gov. Amosun by doctokwus: 12:14pm On Nov 23, 2011
For all d claims he made I didn't see anywhere he addressed d allegation of him being involved in d N350m APC contract scam.Nobody is disputing dat Gbenga Daniel stole,d bone of contention will probably b how much.However,some of dese governors come in& start making claims of having saved several billions by not inflating items,only for dem to leave office& we find they did exactly,evn sometimes worse than d predecessor they so accused.Amosun with all his unspecific claims& assertion of not wanting to disgrace d office is not giving me hope of being any better.
Re: Gbenga Daniel Stole ₦84b From Ogun State Coffers - Gov. Amosun by achinu(m): 1:33pm On Nov 23, 2011
The question now is, how much more or less will he Gov. Amosun steal or mismanage. There's a trend in Nigerian public office holders trying to out-steal their predecessors  angry angry angry angry
Re: Gbenga Daniel Stole ₦84b From Ogun State Coffers - Gov. Amosun by otokx(m): 1:47pm On Nov 23, 2011
If Amosun is so sure of himself then let Daniels be charged to court or he can report the matter to EFCC.
Re: Gbenga Daniel Stole ₦84b From Ogun State Coffers - Gov. Amosun by solomon111(m): 2:07pm On Nov 23, 2011
Can u imagine someone stealing,such huge amount of money,and yet they want to remove subsidy.BTW If properly managed that money can build us two stanford universities.SMH
Re: Gbenga Daniel Stole ₦84b From Ogun State Coffers - Gov. Amosun by obowunmi(m): 2:16pm On Nov 23, 2011
I'm sure some girls and boys will gladly marry his children if the opprtunity arose, all because of money,
Re: Gbenga Daniel Stole ₦84b From Ogun State Coffers - Gov. Amosun by solomon111(m): 2:35pm On Nov 23, 2011
obowunmi:

I'm sure some girls and boys will gladly marry his children if the opprtunity arose, all because of money,
u can say that again,and I read somewhere that his children live the most extravagant life,u can ever think of, at their university in England,and we wonder why Nigeria is still the way it is.HYPOCRITICAL NATION.
Re: Gbenga Daniel Stole ₦84b From Ogun State Coffers - Gov. Amosun by ajadek(m): 2:40pm On Nov 23, 2011
#84b when i need just #2m to start up my busines, god deliver this country,
Re: Gbenga Daniel Stole ₦84b From Ogun State Coffers - Gov. Amosun by obowunmi(m): 2:40pm On Nov 23, 2011
Indeed,
Re: Gbenga Daniel Stole ₦84b From Ogun State Coffers - Gov. Amosun by gidson12(m): 3:19pm On Nov 23, 2011
their Governors are thieves and their youths are hardened armed robbers terrorising their region, chai God save them

(1) (2) (Reply)

IGP MD Abubakar Vows To Fight Boko Haram To The End / Buhari Charges Ministers To Work Harder As Exco Marks One Year / Major General: Nigerians Catching Fun With Military Ranks (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.