Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,114 members, 7,818,320 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:38 PM

Gbenga Daniel Stole ₦84b From Ogun State Coffers - Gov. Amosun - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gbenga Daniel Stole ₦84b From Ogun State Coffers - Gov. Amosun (5306 Views)

Gov. Amosun Controlling Traffic On Lag-ib Rd, King Sunny Ade Stops To Thank Him / Gbenga Daniel Celebrates 59th Birthday / Gov Amosun Allocates 500 Hectares Of Land To Lagos State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gbenga Daniel Stole ₦84b From Ogun State Coffers - Gov. Amosun by Ilekokonit: 5:40pm On Nov 23, 2011
The Governor says :-

we said well, we are not for that

They are thieves, I am not

we couldn't say it out because when you now say such things out, it brings that office into disrepute.

We are not thieves like them;

Our people are no fools, they know who is a thief and they know who have come to serve them."

how could people be this callous?

They didn't even fear God.

We are not brought up like that,

we are no thieves

we will not steal Ogun State money.

We are not thieves like them

We are not like them and am sure our people know who is a thief and who has come to serve them.

Now I am beginning to suspect this man.
Re: Gbenga Daniel Stole ₦84b From Ogun State Coffers - Gov. Amosun by Olalekan0(m): 7:29pm On Nov 23, 2011
Going by Amosun's endless witch-hunting,there's no pointer to the fact that he'll fare better than Daniel,Everyone already knows the latter stole as did EVERY OTHER GOVERNORS in Nigeria,so Amosun should shut his mouth and get to work,the only reason why he might perform slghtly better than Daniel is because he won't have OBJ on his trail.

And I challenge Amosun to swear if he hasn't stolen or inflated contract sums since he assumed office in June!
Re: Gbenga Daniel Stole ₦84b From Ogun State Coffers - Gov. Amosun by anonimi: 2:23am On Nov 24, 2011
Olalekan 0:

,so Amosun should shut his mouth and get to work,the only reason why he might perform slghtly better than Daniel is because he won't have OBJ on his trail.

And I challenge Amosun to swear if he hasn't stolen or inflated contract sums since he assumed office in June!

First, no one steals because some other person is or is not on their trail. Daniel stole and fell out with OBJ despite their public feeding of one another.
Secondly, OBJ is also on Amosun's trail and to use your logic he is not going to "perform slightly better than Daniel" as per the quote below:

During a thanksgiving service in a church in Abeokuta shortly after he was sworn in, former President Olusegun Obasanjo, who is the Board of Trustee (B.O.T) chairman of the PDP made a surprise appearance at the church, felicitating with Amosun and after the church service, Amosun drove straight to Obasanjo's residence where the duo had a secret meeting.

Icon Image

Nothing unusual as he was in the same PDP with OBJ and Daniel and was there senator 2003-2007 before he left for ANPP to contest governorship against daniel as he could not wait till 2011.
I also understand Amosun is a distant relation to OBJ.
Re: Gbenga Daniel Stole ₦84b From Ogun State Coffers - Gov. Amosun by Depilot(m): 2:33am On Nov 24, 2011
If Buhari is given the position today to lead EFCC, I can predict that Akala, and Gbenga Daniel will commit suicide before the end of this week.
Re: Gbenga Daniel Stole ₦84b From Ogun State Coffers - Gov. Amosun by Depilot(m): 2:44am On Nov 24, 2011
It bothers me that Nigerians make noise with no action.
We know where Gbenga Daniel lives, we know the location to a couple of his houses, and yet nothing productive is done to make sure that this lowlife thief doesn't get a peace of mind for the rest of his miserable life,  So, what are we all waiting for?
If 5000 Ogun State youth team up and go pay Gbenga Daniel a visit, I can assure you that others will slow down with stealing our money.

Nobody can stop 5000 youth that are protesting to get their money back.
Gbenga Daniel shouldn't be allowed to see a peace of mind. Youth of this nation must wake up and do something incredible for a change.
Make life difficult for corrupt leaders.

Attack their properties, attack their businesses, attack their families, attack them head on.
Egyptians are not better or stronger than Nigerians; Nigerians, wake up and go get what belongs to you.
Make these suckers pay!
Re: Gbenga Daniel Stole ₦84b From Ogun State Coffers - Gov. Amosun by coogar: 2:51am On Nov 24, 2011
Depilot:

It bothers me that Nigerians make noise with no action.
We know where Gbenga Daniel lives, we know the location to a couple of his houses, and yet nothing productive is done to make sure that this lowlife thief doesn't get a peace of mind for the rest of his miserable life,  So, what are we all waiting for?
If 5000 Ogun State youth team up and go pay Gbenga Daniel a visit, I can assure you that others will slow down with stealing our money.

Nobody can stop 5000 youth that are protesting to get their money back.
Gbenga Daniel shouldn't be allowed to see a peace of mind. Youth of this nation must wake up and do something incredible for a change.
Make life difficult for corrupt leaders.

Attack their properties, attack their businesses, attack their families, attack them head on.
Egyptians are not better or stronger than Nigerians; Nigerians, wake up and go get what belongs to you.
Make these suckers pay!

mopol can. if 10 of those 5000 youths protesting fall to the bullets of the mobile police - the others would disappear.
ask the students who tried it in the 90s when they they went after ibb's hilltop mansion in minna. it ended in tears and yellow woven baskets.
this is nigeria - not washington d.c.
Re: Gbenga Daniel Stole ₦84b From Ogun State Coffers - Gov. Amosun by ektbear: 2:53am On Nov 24, 2011
I honestly don't give a damn about OGD any more. My question is, is Amosun the man who can start Ogun State on the path towards achieving its potential?

I am starting to think that the answer to this question is no.
Re: Gbenga Daniel Stole ₦84b From Ogun State Coffers - Gov. Amosun by Depilot(m): 3:07am On Nov 24, 2011
@coogar , first do not forget that OGD is on bail and he is no longer a governor.
Mopol can not stop 5000 youth protesting against a governor that failed to produce and stole govtmnt money.
Jonathan can not afford to allow anything funny to happen to these 5000 youth. Trust me.

Anything funny that happens will be on Jonathan's neck.
And this is what Nigerians fail to understand. We do not understand our right and the best time to take action against corrupt leaders.
Re: Gbenga Daniel Stole ₦84b From Ogun State Coffers - Gov. Amosun by Depilot(m): 3:13am On Nov 24, 2011
If it is true that we want change, now is the time to reach out for the change we deserve.
Make it happen.
The entire world is taking advantage of this era.
Yemen president just stepped down this afternoon after 33 yrs in power. The man just did not step down, the people of Yemen made this possible.

We are so blind and so stup1d to know when to take action against these sick leaders that have sucked our blood dry.

Now is the time.

Go and destroy OGD's houses and see what happens next.

He is a thief, he is on bail, he is very weak, he is powerless, he needs to be stoned.
Stone him stone, his house. Fight back for God sake, Nigerians!
Re: Gbenga Daniel Stole ₦84b From Ogun State Coffers - Gov. Amosun by beespak7(m): 6:21am On Nov 25, 2011
N84 BILLION CHAI Money ment to make ogun state look like paradise and make the citizens to live like kings na wao  undecided    now that his immunity from prosecution is gone what is the efcc doing? oh how i miss ribadu.
Re: Gbenga Daniel Stole ₦84b From Ogun State Coffers - Gov. Amosun by BABLOB: 11:06am On Nov 25, 2011
As much as we know that the last administration was corrupt,my point is that Amosun should leave all these distractions and concentrate on why he was elected, He keep on bringing out past issues everyday, He should just report the case to the appropriate body to investigate and let him continue with his wok rather than shouting everyday about Gbega Daniel, We dint elect him into power for that, Guess he has personal grudge with daniel, Mr Governor, concentrate on your work!
Re: Gbenga Daniel Stole ₦84b From Ogun State Coffers - Gov. Amosun by ajadek(m): 11:17am On Nov 25, 2011
@deploit.who we start, even i heard that some afenifere went to him and praise and suport him,i wach one of his commissioner and present compass MD, talking on tvc last month,say it was nt 84b,its was 11b, anyway waziri try his best,everything is on judiciary,if nigeria is going to be a better place,security and judiciary need to be reform
Re: Gbenga Daniel Stole ₦84b From Ogun State Coffers - Gov. Amosun by 1luvkipsus: 4:34am On Nov 26, 2011
This ACN people re really rascals.where did Daniel get d N84b to steal?baseless allegation.
Re: Gbenga Daniel Stole ₦84b From Ogun State Coffers - Gov. Amosun by Gbawe: 11:56am On Nov 26, 2011
ekt_bear:

I honestly don't give a damn about OGD any more. My question is, is Amosun the man who can start Ogun State on the path towards achieving its potential?

I am starting to think that the answer to this question is no.

What more do you and others want to see from Amosun given how issues must be viewed from the perspective of first understanding the problems and challenges to noting the fiscal limitations and then merging all these with the actual efforts underway? Your criticism sometimes appear biased and ill-thought out. I only respond to you on this thread because I consider you have a good grasp of issues more than most who just criticise out of how many Nigerians are now routinely negative people given to talking without recourse to facts.

Amosun , in an exemplary manner, lobbied the legislatives and succeeded in cutting wages of public officials to provide more money for capital spendings. You talk economics constantly so I assume you know of the paramount role the SME plays in the development of States and nation. When Amosun is then doing all in his power to boost IGR, reduce unemployment, assist industrialisation, attract FDI and develop the all important SME sector, what more precisely do you want to see to from him 5 months into a 4 year tenure?

http://www.thisdayonline.com/

Ogun Partners BoI on Industrialisation

25 Nov 2011

By Goddy Egene

The Ogun State Government is partnering the Bank of Industry (BoI) in  the government’s efforts to industrialise the state.   

The State Governor, Ibikunle Amosun, who disclosed this in speech at a Town Hall meeting with stakeholders on the state’s 2012 Budget last Tuesday, said  two memoranda of understanding (MoUs) had already been signed in that regard.

According to him, first MoU is  to give micro, small and medium scale industries in the state the needed finance to boost their businesses while  the  second MoU is to accelerate the industrial process in the state through the provision of industrial parks in the three senatorial districts.

Amosun noted that facilities provided in those parks would give relief to industrialists in and outside the state as they would operate within these enclaves at reduced cost. He disclosed that the state government was contributing N500 million to the BoI as its counterpart funding for the commitment.

He said, “let me assure you that the contents of the two memoranda will be implemented because despite the tight financial situation of the state, the  government is contributing a sum of N500million to BoI, being its counterpart fund for this N1billion commitment. But, l must also say, this is a seed we are happy to sow.

It is expected to bring with it a bountiful harvest of industrialization, employment generation, poverty alleviation, rural and urban renewal in our State. This is not without recognition of the expected bountiful harvest from our participation in various international business meetings.”

He said  the state planned to  hire 10,000 workers under its employment generation scheme, adding that  3,665 appointment letters  had already been released.

The governor noted that things had started looking up for the state as its internally generated revenue had started picking up due to its new tax initiative

He assured that his administration would never initiate a policy or programme that would make life difficult for them.

“What we have done is to re-activate and implement an existing tax law, the Personal Income Tax Act (PITA).  What I believe should be more important is that we put in place a machinery to ensure that taxes collected from us are utilised to provide amenities that make life easy for all of us,” he said.
Re: Gbenga Daniel Stole ₦84b From Ogun State Coffers - Gov. Amosun by ektbear: 2:21pm On Nov 26, 2011
Those are all wonderful, commendable things.

It would be easier for me to feel confident about him if he would 90% of his time focusing on his vision for Ogun and say 2% of his time talking about the mistakes of the previous adminstration rather than the current 20%/70% he is doing.

Let the EFCC and court system recover whatever OGD looted. He needs to shut up about it and focus on his job.

Or is he EFCC chairman now, or the minister of justice?

The time for talking about OGD is over.
Re: Gbenga Daniel Stole ₦84b From Ogun State Coffers - Gov. Amosun by yohannazack(m): 10:48pm On Jul 07, 2012
Settle down to do ur wok, dis yoruba governors are fond of lyin agaist there predessesors alot. As a governor fo 8 years, is it not enof fo to set up a business in nigeria or do u knw how many pple wil be employed in the company? Show us evidents and stop propaganda. Settle down to do ur own, cus it wl soon be anoda person's turn to be d nxt governor and dont spend ur term lyin agaisnt pple.

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Defect To APC, PDP Is Full Of Lies And They've Done Enough / Election Results 4rm Owo In Ondo State. / Pay Us Our Money Or We’ll Expose How You Rigged March 28 Elections –adhoc Staffs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.