Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,992 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:30 AM

Good Friday Miracle Night With Pastor Chris - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Good Friday Miracle Night With Pastor Chris (19459 Views)

Prayer times with Pastor Chris Oyakhilome / Ese Walter Releases Affair Evidence With Pastor BiodunTo Respected Minister / Night Of Bliss With Pastor Chris Oyakhilome (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Good Friday Miracle Night With Pastor Chris by Bruekeleen: 7:03pm On Apr 10, 2006
I believe in verifiable miracles. However, I am very skeptical about some of  these latterday pastors and miracle makers who clog the media channels with miracle crusades. Couple of years ago, here in Long Island, New York, a pastor, who placed his hand on a miracle seeker's head in the course of healing (performing a miracle) was sued (by the miracle seeker) for pushing so hard that her (miracle seeker)  neck snapped. Indeed, a miracle occurred, and the woman laughed all the way to the bank because she won.

I've always wondered why these miracle performers can't go to all these hospitals that abounds with people, especially,  children with deceases, deformities e.t.c.
Re: Good Friday Miracle Night With Pastor Chris by MrBean(m): 8:07pm On Apr 10, 2006
This is to 'Donnie' and 'Gospelman' : Let me first commend you on your zeal for the work of Jesus. However, i implore to always remember the conversation (lifestyle) of our lord Jesus christ who was never out to defend himself or force himself on people. Do not read meanings to my admonition just know its coming from a heart full of love. I have had the opprtunity of being personal with Reverend Chris and Anita for many years. One thing that i learnt from them at home, away from church is humility, love and the fact that reverend Anita especially can never see wrong in people even if it is obvious. This is because of one law that is greater than micracles, faith, etc, Bible says on that one law hangs all the the others and the prophets. This law is LOVE. Pray for your enemies, and those that hate and despitefully use you. Without Love all our works is in vain. A couple of years in London, I was driving Reverend Anita to the airport on her way to Nigeria. We were alone in the car and started talking about the issue with pastor and Chris Okotie. All she had to say about Chris okotie was good. Keep emulating the the lifestyle of your leaders and better yet Jesus.

God bless you
Re: Good Friday Miracle Night With Pastor Chris by Reverend(m): 6:55am On Apr 11, 2006
I've always wondered why these miracle performers can't go to all these hospitals that abounds with people, especially, children with deceases, deformities e.t.c.

Because it is fake and a trick! tongue
Re: Good Friday Miracle Night With Pastor Chris by taiwotee: 9:23am On Apr 11, 2006
Good Day to Everyone and of this great web site , I will like to say that ,this is the best web site I have ever used , However the issuse about Pastor Christ as some memeber has said , the main thing is the spirit to believe in In miracle and a Crusade is not only centerd to miracle , but listening , doing , staying in the congragation of the people of God Almighty, Point to Note : It is not Pastor Chris That does miracle or owns Miracle but the Good Lord who has called him and does wonder above human ideas, thoughts , don't look at Pastor Chris postures or wears , but the word of God through the preaching of mighty in the Holy Bible.

The words of God say with Faith no one can please God : so believe The word of God that comes out of the mouth of preacher , don't join those of cristicise the people of God for what you know not .Thanks

Lastly we do not wrestle or fight against flesh and Blood , but against principalilities in high places .But encourage the word of God by Praying for the men of God " THE PASTORS" has they pray for you .

Am not a member of Christ Embass , but I believed the words of God through is preachings and wonders of God through is preacher Pastor Chris , Also remeber when Jesus Chris , was on planet Earth not all believed him, but to them that believed gave him power to be the sons of God .
This Taiwo , my e-mail is : taiwotee2003@yahoo.com cheesy smiley
Re: Good Friday Miracle Night With Pastor Chris by Idekeson(m): 1:48pm On Apr 11, 2006
I wonder when one of this anointed ministers will deliver a no-fee miracle night. Strictly no offerings. That will be something. If anyone feels fulfilled at the end of the night, you go home and glorify the lord in any manner you deem fit. After all, it's between you and your God. But I understand the churches got bills to pay. So till then, we wait and pray. And remember not to look the other way when the 2nd and 3rd round of offering plates are passed around.
Re: Good Friday Miracle Night With Pastor Chris by Rhodalyn(f): 1:50pm On Apr 11, 2006
Fluffy:

RHODA experiencing a miracle is more amazing then the feeling of being in love. wink

cheesy cheesy cheesy kiss kiss kiss
Re: Good Friday Miracle Night With Pastor Chris by Rhodalyn(f): 1:51pm On Apr 11, 2006
Thagodfada:

Well that is why you may never see one because getting a miracle involves first BELIEVING that it is possible.

if i ask your if you would be alive tomorrow, what would your answer be? I don't know? When you say i don't know, would you really believe that you don't know?

A MIRACLE IS NOT FOR EVERYBODY and you not believing may be a reason you haven't seen one yet.
sad sad undecided
Re: Good Friday Miracle Night With Pastor Chris by otokx(m): 2:17pm On Apr 11, 2006
This Good Friday Miracle whatever may not have any real impact on our society; infact its just another type of government magic.
Re: Good Friday Miracle Night With Pastor Chris by donnie(m): 2:23pm On Apr 11, 2006
Mrlawng,

Thank you and God bless.
Re: Good Friday Miracle Night With Pastor Chris by beefblaze(m): 4:43pm On Apr 11, 2006
it's rather ofortunate that i'll not be in naija to witness this grand event, sad sad
But can we have a bit of d miracles over here in accra? cry
Re: Good Friday Miracle Night With Pastor Chris by dearzi(f): 6:36pm On Apr 11, 2006
@ Every one connected to the ministry, (no haters please!!!) y'all it's countdown! i'm not going to be there, but i can feel the excitment in my spirit, all our programs keep getting better, and i'm sure this one is going to be another mind blowing event, cheer up brethrens,
Re: Good Friday Miracle Night With Pastor Chris by Inka: 6:50pm On Apr 11, 2006
undecidedDo y'all really believe in the Pastors and their miracles,the only miracle I wanna see is nigeria rising up from the depths of s*** creek it's in. All these f***ckers do is fleece y'all.
Re: Good Friday Miracle Night With Pastor Chris by raphy(m): 9:33pm On Apr 11, 2006
hi all!
am a member of christ embassy adelabu any member who wanna be there u can mail me my id is raphyjonah@yahoo.com 4 all these who dont belive in miracles i tell you if u tell that mountain remove it shall remove by faith. smiley wink so 4 loverbwoy u better pray for GOD to forgive u about ur aids life ok d good friday got to be the best grin cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Good Friday Miracle Night With Pastor Chris by kimba(m): 9:42pm On Apr 11, 2006
does anyone know pls,

whats the Nationality of Pastor Chris' wife?
Re: Good Friday Miracle Night With Pastor Chris by dearzi(f): 10:36pm On Apr 11, 2006
@ Kimba
I believe she's a Nigerian, but she's mixed, Rivers and God knows what else, but i think her genes are good, they're expressed in their beautiful daugters,
Re: Good Friday Miracle Night With Pastor Chris by 4real(m): 12:52am On Apr 12, 2006
well i was a member of christ embassy and no more not to do with the church (left to learn some other things) well Rev Anita is part British and part Nigerian,

@Idekeson i wonder when you would give everthing you ever worked for to the needy, what do you mean do you think that all they did to put the meetings are for free, and that is not even important you don't give money just to give money you give money so that God can use the medium to enrich you.
Re: Good Friday Miracle Night With Pastor Chris by Reverend(m): 8:29am On Apr 12, 2006
Jesus supposedly went into the temple and overturned the tables of the merchants. He said "It was a place of worship, not a marketplace for men to make money"

But it seems that it is now absolutely acceptable to give these rich, corrupt, fat cat preachers your cash. Because God will be pleased and that's what he would like us to do!

Bullshit! tongue tongue tongue
Re: Good Friday Miracle Night With Pastor Chris by donnie(m): 9:58am On Apr 12, 2006
A man's life does not consist in the abundance of the things he possoses,  The Holy spirit is more than enough, He's all a man could ever need. He is the spirit of faith and love,  He brought us the kingdom. 'Blessed is He who is not offended at my teachings'.
Re: Good Friday Miracle Night With Pastor Chris by Fluffy(f): 10:41am On Apr 12, 2006
@ Reverend

Why don't you go back to giving people lessons about how to s*ck p*ss*s.

I believe you serve a much better purpose there. angry angry angry
Re: Good Friday Miracle Night With Pastor Chris by Reverend(m): 11:53am On Apr 12, 2006
I am sure that you could ask Pastor Chris to suck yours. That would definitely be a miracle worthy of broadcast on television and maybe bring in a few more viewers and money for his pocket tongue
Re: Good Friday Miracle Night With Pastor Chris by Reverend(m): 12:12pm On Apr 12, 2006
PASTOR CHRIS - Criminal, posing as a man of God!

Primitive Business

The reason why Pentecostal churches are making waves in Africa is their emphasis on miracles and faith healing. Africans are suckers for magic, miracles and paranormal claims. Evangelical churches now capitalize on that. They promise divine healing and instant solutions to all problems – poverty, hunger, failure, diseases, accidents etc. Pentecostal pastors claim they can make the deaf hear, the blind see, the lame walk and the barren give birth to children. They tell us they can raise the dead, make the poor rich and the unemployed to get jobs. Africans are therefore trooping to Pentecostal churches in their millions mainly in search of their miracles.

Another reason for the apparent boom in Pentecostal Christianity in the black continent is American support and influence. The Pentecostal movement originated in America. It arose in the early part of the 20th century in reaction to modernism. And with the growing decline in religious belief in America and the entire western world, evangelists are looking to Africa for converts, for followers and disciples. Most Pentecostal churches in Africa therefore have American connections. And they receive millions of dollars in aid from their American counterparts who want to ‘bring Africans to Christ’. Luis Bush, a cousin of the American President George Bush and one of the leading evangelists in the US, supports missionary work in more that 30 African countries. Other American evangelists. Benny Hinn, Todd Bentley, Oral Roberts and the German evangelist Reinhard Bonke, sponsor miracle crusades across the continent.

Pentecostalism has therefore become a thriving business in Africa. In fact it has become the shortest route to wealth and affluence for the continent’s teeming population of unemployed youths. Local pastors employ all sorts of means, tricks and techniques to exhort money from gullible folks (as well as foreign friends). They use this money to build magnificent churches, erect costly apartments, and buy luxurious cars and aircrafts. They live ostentatiously while their church members live and languish in poverty, misery and squalor.

Criminals Posing as Men of God

The most stinking and revolting aspect of the evangelical work in Africa is faith-healing. Most Evangelical pastors in Africa are now faith healers. They claim to have powers to cure all diseases and solve all problems. Recently, Gilbert Deya, a self acclaimed archbishop from Kenya, got himself into trouble. He said he could make infertile black couples give birth to miracle babies. But police investigations revealed child theft and baby trafficking. Some years ago, a Nigerian pastor Temitope Joshua – of the Synagogue of All Nations – announced to the world that he could cure HIV/AIDS. But his claims were later discovered to be all fake and forgery.

In 2001, the German evangelist, Renhard Bonnke, was reported to have raised somebody from the dead. There have been a lot of such indiscriminate claims of miracles and divine healing by Nigeria’s televangelists and doomsday preachers – Chris Oyakhilome, Enoch Adeboye, David Oyedepo, Helen Ukpabio, and Matthew Ashimolowo etc. These faith-healers use the money extorted from miracle seekers to mount billboards and sponsor radio and television programmes advertising their miracles. Last year, the Broadcasting commission in Nigeria had to ban the transmission of miracles on national television. Faith healing is the greatest threat to scientific medicine and health care delivery in Africa.

Claims of divine cure and healing cannot be reconciled with the dire health situation in Africa. Africa has the highest infant mortality rate in the world. And millions out there are still dying of preventable diseases like malaria and tuberculosis. According to the United Nations, 6000 African children die – and 11,000 get infected with HIV/AIDS every day. And if indeed there are people with supernatural powers to heal the sick, raise the dead and cure all ailments, why are Africans suffering and dying; why are human beings suffering and dying?

Extracts from Levi Fragell’s speech in 2000 at the Council for Secular Humanism’s Conference in Los Angeles. Levi Fragell is Chair of IHEU’s Committee on Growth and Development, and former President of IHEU. As a young man he was a Pentecostal Preacher but soon lost his faith and has ever since been warning against the dangers of Pentecostalism.
Re: Good Friday Miracle Night With Pastor Chris by Fluffy(f): 12:18pm On Apr 12, 2006
shocked shocked shocked How dare you say something like that about Pastor Chris!
You are the most dicusting THING I've come across!

I hope you rot in HELL! angry

No I take that back, may God have mercy on your soul. sad
Re: Good Friday Miracle Night With Pastor Chris by Reverend(m): 12:53pm On Apr 12, 2006
What does 'dicusting' mean?

Fluffy, you should attend the gathering!

Maybe Pastor Chris will perform a miracle on you enabling you to be able to spell correctly tongue
Re: Good Friday Miracle Night With Pastor Chris by Fluffy(f): 1:18pm On Apr 12, 2006
ha ha ha very funny cheesy cheesy cheesy

I see what u're trying to do and I won't fall for it.
Re: Good Friday Miracle Night With Pastor Chris by Reverend(m): 3:13pm On Apr 12, 2006
Fluffy !

I love you really and I do not want to see you angry or upset. Smile :-) Easter is coming and just think of all those chocolate eggs  cheesy
Re: Good Friday Miracle Night With Pastor Chris by MrBean(m): 5:09pm On Apr 12, 2006
@ fluffy - Blessed is the man who doesnt offend in words and deeds. Always see beyond the man. Remember who your father is. How would He react? While we were yet sinners, Undeserving, filthy and God-cursers, Christ came and died for us. Love is the way to victory. Dont fight for Jesus or pastor Chris. I know Pastor personally, he doesnt even fight for himself. God bless you sister.

@ Reverend - You are entitled to your own opinion and i will not blame you for that. Its normal to be skeptical about what we dont understand. I once had questions like you and once criticized like you, Any intellectual would. But after my personal encounter with Jesus many years ago, my perspective changed. I am very well educated and i have learnt you cannot mix spiritual things with intellectual things. I guess that is why it says in the bible that 'the wisdom of God is foolishness unto men" it also says: The natural Man Cannot understand the things of the spirit because they are spiritually discerned. My brother there is no intellectual argument that i can present to refute or change your perspective. I can only pray that you personally experience Jesus the way i did. That will always be my prayer for you out of a heart full of love and understanding. Cheers.
Re: Good Friday Miracle Night With Pastor Chris by Idekeson(m): 12:29am On Apr 13, 2006
mrlawng:

My brother there is no intellectual argument that i can present to refute or change your perspective. I can only pray that you personally experience Jesus the way i did. That will always be my prayer for you out of a heart full of love and understanding. Cheers.

I love your perspective. I believe that until I experience a higher consciousness that will enable me jettison all my intellect, I prefer to hold on to rational thinking that has so far served me well in life.
Re: Good Friday Miracle Night With Pastor Chris by 4real(m): 2:24am On Apr 13, 2006
@Reverend you make me laugh lol, you know alot of people come and say all you preach about it miracle, but wait my guy have you been to a hospital b/4 and seen with your eyes what people go through, hell is the only word i can use for some, i know a family of 4 kids and three of the four kids where deaf and dump, and you say all this miracle thing, in Nigeria here where we don't have the tools to cure alot of sickness we look to God for help and what he has done for one we know he would do for another, i really don't think you would understand why should you, you got your health and things seems to be running well for you in the states, that is why you run your mouth, why not just take a visit to one of this meetings and see with your own eyes, what we go crazy over. you also talked of money, my guy have you met anyone who wants to be poor, if there is someone who is going to teach me how to make the money then yes i would listen or why did you go to school, i beg if you have nothing better to say go drink garri
Re: Good Friday Miracle Night With Pastor Chris by DrMike2: 12:16pm On Apr 13, 2006
cool I am very happy, Donnie we really need people like you to propagate the gospel of our lord Jesus Christ, I like Ur passion for souls God bless You, i will be there,
Re: Good Friday Miracle Night With Pastor Chris by Papa(m): 12:31pm On Apr 13, 2006
For those of you who wish to have the right information, Pastor Anita is from Switzerland. Pastor Chris mentioned it when his tongue slipped while he was sending greetings to one of the queens of Swaziland who was present at the 3 days of revelation and power at Johannesburg, South Africa.
Re: Good Friday Miracle Night With Pastor Chris by donnie(m): 6:51pm On Apr 13, 2006
God bless you too Dr. Mike.

Yesterday evening in church, while wathcing AFM via projector, the atmosphere in church where i was so electrified .

We watched as he asked for a lady to be brought up who was lying on a stretcher. he led the congregation in singing the song,

in the name of Jesus send the light,

Boy! the power that was released as we watched athe power of God demonstrated; the lady rose up from the stretcher and began exercising her body. Boy, it was a glorious sight!

I can't wait for tommorow to be in that wonderful presence once more at the good friday miracle night.
Re: Good Friday Miracle Night With Pastor Chris by Reverend(m): 7:05pm On Apr 13, 2006
I still personally believe that this is a dangerous hoax and that these so called miracle workers are greedy business men who are exploiting simple people who are looking to escape from the miserable daily existence.

You can get the same electric feeling at a football match or any other large event where there are many people!

If you are sick then you should go to a Doctor and not a false prophet in a suit who pretends to be able to perform miracles!

Problem is that people are very easily led, just like sheep. This is just another case of this human peculiarity!

Strange to see that Dr. Mike signed up to this forum just to praise Donnie tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Chris And Anita Oyakhilome: The Truth You Never Knew / Faith Oyedepo Celebrates Her 61st Birthday Today / I Saw Jehovah's Witnesses Founder Charles T. Russell In Hell

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.