Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,001 members, 7,849,030 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 01:36 PM

Cross River Secures $3.5bn For Bakassi Deep Seaport - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Cross River Secures $3.5bn For Bakassi Deep Seaport (8756 Views)

FG Budgets ₦5bn For Presidential Yacht / Ayade Commissions Housing Estate For Bakassi IDPs, Decries 18-Year Neglect / Nigeria Approves $2 Billion Bakassi Deep Seaport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cross River Secures $3.5bn For Bakassi Deep Seaport by adamusuleiman1: 4:42pm On May 16
Cross River State government, has secured a $3.5 billion funding from the Pan-African multilateral financial institution, African Export-importbank (Afreximbank), for some of its key infrastructure projects in the state.

The state governor, Senator Bassey Otu, who was in Egypt, last week for a workshop, also visited the African Export-Import Bank (Afreximbank) in Cairo to explore partnership in key infrastructure projects to be undertaken in the state.

The workshops held during the visit culminated in the signing of a project preparation facility for the development of a deep seaport estimated to cost $3.5 billion.

Securing the funding at a workshop attended by the governor as well as some of the key members of his government at the bank’s headquarters in Cairo, the Egyptian capital, Otu noted that ”This is a world-class partnership that will result in positioning Cross River State economically.”

Otu, who expressed excitement about the collaboration with Afreximbank, emphasized the importance of the projects in driving economic growth and development in the state, highlighting the potential for attracting foreign investment and stimulating economic growth.

At the visit to Afreximbank, Otu also had extensive Government-to-Business (G2B) meetings with tier 1 companies, including Orascom Construction, Elsewedy Electric, and Hassan Allam Holdings.

One of the highlights of Governor Otu’s engagement in Cairo was the signing of Project Preparation Facility Agreement and Financial Advisory Agreement with Afreximbank for two major projects in Cross River – the Bakassi Deep Seaport and 217km Superhighway integrated Project, as well as the Obudu Cattle Ranch and Mountain Resort project.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2024/05/criver-secures-3-5bn-for-bakassi-deep-seaport/amp/

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cross River Secures $3.5bn For Bakassi Deep Seaport by chopnaira: 4:45pm On May 16
What a Wawu. While some are still begging FG for a sea port even though they have no sea.

Cross River is following the lead of Lekki deep sea port in Lagos. Both ports soon to be connected by the coastal highway.

66 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Cross River Secures $3.5bn For Bakassi Deep Seaport by saintjimos(m): 4:48pm On May 16
Akwaibom ibaka deep seaport on my mind

8 Likes

Re: Cross River Secures $3.5bn For Bakassi Deep Seaport by muhammaduyusufu: 5:00pm On May 16
God bless Nigeria and God bless all lovers of development.

72 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cross River Secures $3.5bn For Bakassi Deep Seaport by kenny714433(m): 5:00pm On May 16
Stories

I wish it could be true tho, but it is what it is, stories.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cross River Secures $3.5bn For Bakassi Deep Seaport by ThinkSmarter: 5:04pm On May 16
Most Niger Delta States are strategically located like Lagos state for Port, Real Estate and Tourism development.
The brain behind the Lagos~Calabar Coastal Highway is innovative/ futuristic.
Most world beautiful cities are close to the sea.
It is a natural therapy to live in a house where u have a sea view.

42 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Cross River Secures $3.5bn For Bakassi Deep Seaport by muhammaduyusufu: 5:04pm On May 16
kenny714433:
Stories

I wish it could be true tho, but it is what it is, stories.
Are you from Cross River? I don't think so.

Pictures from the contract signing in Cairo.

68 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cross River Secures $3.5bn For Bakassi Deep Seaport by callmevirus(m): 5:06pm On May 16
Nothing concern me but E dey mind

1 Like

Re: Cross River Secures $3.5bn For Bakassi Deep Seaport by sematec(m): 5:07pm On May 16
great news
Re: Cross River Secures $3.5bn For Bakassi Deep Seaport by YesDaddyTill203: 5:07pm On May 16
Good.

Dem go soon build a SEAPORT for the SE by the many many BILLIONARES from ANambra alone. grin

Oh shit, I forgot. SEA no dey for that area. Landlocked by nature.....No wonder they wan claim Lagos by any means necessary.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cross River Secures $3.5bn For Bakassi Deep Seaport by dibunotion(m): 5:07pm On May 16
Obi has not been reacting lately

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cross River Secures $3.5bn For Bakassi Deep Seaport by reiddecuti: 5:07pm On May 16
Let the money not be looted cos that's the bane of underdevelopment in Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cross River Secures $3.5bn For Bakassi Deep Seaport by potent5(m): 5:08pm On May 16
Don't rejoice yet. Put in the work with focus. Enemies of real Nigerians will try to frustrate it. But God will shame them.
Re: Cross River Secures $3.5bn For Bakassi Deep Seaport by CheapHomes1: 5:08pm On May 16
ThinkSmarter:
Most Niger Delta States are strategically located like Lagos state for Port, Real Estate and Tourism development.

what is the benefit of the lagos-calabar coastal highway to nigeria? how is the road futuristic and innovative?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cross River Secures $3.5bn For Bakassi Deep Seaport by SEGLIZ: 5:09pm On May 16
I thought bakasi is gone to our neighbors or am I missing something!?
ThinkSmarter:
natural therapy as in natural physio you mean.
I will accept if you tell us you like the ambience.
Re: Cross River Secures $3.5bn For Bakassi Deep Seaport by AllenSpencer: 5:10pm On May 16
God has never blessed Cross River with a governor that has foresight.

4 Likes

Re: Cross River Secures $3.5bn For Bakassi Deep Seaport by Goodvibes007: 5:10pm On May 16
CheapHomes1:

what is the benefit of the lagos-calabar coastal highway to nigeria? how is the road futuristic and innovative?
Did you just really ask this question?

And you say you are in property development lol.

70 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cross River Secures $3.5bn For Bakassi Deep Seaport by hammer567: 5:10pm On May 16
chopnaira:
What a Wawu. While some are still begging FG for a sea port even though they have no sea.

Cross River is following the lead of Lekki deep sea port in Lagos. Both ports soon to be connected by the coastal highway.

Stay in your SW region attachee by fire nd by force.

We did not ask you for highway.

Highway you are constructing with Nigeria pension funds.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cross River Secures $3.5bn For Bakassi Deep Seaport by CheapHomes1: 5:10pm On May 16
chopnaira:

how much business has lekki sea port taken from apapa sea port? how will this proposed sea port make any difference for cross river state?

2 Likes

Re: Cross River Secures $3.5bn For Bakassi Deep Seaport by Goodvibes007: 5:11pm On May 16
dibunotion:
Obi has not been reacting lately
Outside, sports and entertainment, he only reacts to bad news about Nigeria.

62 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cross River Secures $3.5bn For Bakassi Deep Seaport by panpan(m): 5:11pm On May 16
In summary, this is another foreign loan. angry

1 Like

Re: Cross River Secures $3.5bn For Bakassi Deep Seaport by YesDaddyTill203: 5:12pm On May 16
CheapHomes1:

If you need someone to explain the benefits to you, then it's too late.
It will just go over your head, you will never comprehend it. No need to waste time and effort.

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Cross River Secures $3.5bn For Bakassi Deep Seaport by Goodvibes007: 5:12pm On May 16
CheapHomes1:
how much business has lekki sea port taken from apapa sea port? how will this proposed sea port make any difference for cross river state?
A lot. The lekki deep sea port is one of the major reasons Dangote Refinery was sighted in the Lekki.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cross River Secures $3.5bn For Bakassi Deep Seaport by CountinBlessins(m): 5:12pm On May 16
chopnaira:

So many illiterates on this forum ..you guys are making the red tof us not want to visit here
Re: Cross River Secures $3.5bn For Bakassi Deep Seaport by Splashme: 5:13pm On May 16
Story
Re: Cross River Secures $3.5bn For Bakassi Deep Seaport by CheapHomes1: 5:13pm On May 16
Goodvibes007:

Did you just really ask this question?

And you say you are in property development lol.
yes I asked the questions not question. do you have the answer to the questions? how is the question I asked related to property development? can you pls remind when and where I informed you that I am in property development?
Re: Cross River Secures $3.5bn For Bakassi Deep Seaport by Splashme: 5:14pm On May 16
Lies ... the former governor was singing about these projects for 8yrs.

He even brought Buhari to do a groundbreaking ... but that was the end.

They use these projects to play politics every year

1 Share

Re: Cross River Secures $3.5bn For Bakassi Deep Seaport by Skillsnigeria: 5:14pm On May 16
That's good
Re: Cross River Secures $3.5bn For Bakassi Deep Seaport by CheapHomes1: 5:14pm On May 16
Goodvibes007:

A lot. The lekki deep sea port is one of the major reasons Dangote Refinery was sighted in the Lekki.
what are the "a lot". from your response, you mentioned just one item. how does your response answer the questions I asked....how much business has lekki sea port taken from apapa sea port? how will this proposed sea port make any difference for cross river state?
Re: Cross River Secures $3.5bn For Bakassi Deep Seaport by Goodvibes007: 5:15pm On May 16
CheapHomes1:
yes I asked the questions not question. do you have the answer to the questions? how is the question I asked related to property development? can you pls remind when and where I informed you that I am in property development?
If you can't see how a deep sea port brings development and businesses to a state or region, then I can't help you.

4 Likes

Re: Cross River Secures $3.5bn For Bakassi Deep Seaport by Goodvibes007: 5:15pm On May 16
Splashme:
Lies
Okay Chinedu.

4 Likes

Re: Cross River Secures $3.5bn For Bakassi Deep Seaport by CheapHomes1: 5:16pm On May 16
YesDaddyTill203:

If you need someone to explain the benefits to you, then it's too late.
It will just go over your head, you will never comprehend it. N need to waste time and effort.
is that your way of saying that you have no absolutely no idea how to answer the questions I asked? what is the benefit of the lagos-calabar coastal highway to nigeria? how is the road futuristic and innovative?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Boko Haram Leader Interogation Before Execution And Police Killing A Civilian / Fashola Commissions 72 Units Of 3 Bedroom Flats / Onitsha Hosted Many Ghanaian Immigrant Musicians And Non-igbo Highlife Artists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.