Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,638 members, 7,847,669 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 11:58 PM

Richard Montgomery: We’re Impressed By Tinubu’s Security Strategies - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Richard Montgomery: We’re Impressed By Tinubu’s Security Strategies (7326 Views)

Released Schoolchildren: Oyebanji Thanks President Tinubu, Security Agencies / Plateau Attacks: Tinubu's Security Measures Empty - Amnesty International / Ekpa Cautions British High Commissioner Montgomery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Richard Montgomery: We’re Impressed By Tinubu’s Security Strategies by blamingthedevil: 8:27pm On May 17
We’re impressed by Tinubu’s security strategies – UK govt

The British High Commissioner to Nigeria, Dr. Richard Montgomery, has said the United Kingdom is impressed by the security strategies President Tinubu has put in place, even as he restated the support of the United Kingdom for the Nigerian government in this direction, including transparency and accountability in governance.

In his goodwill message, during a High-level Dialogue on Delivering the Renewed Hope Agenda on the theme, “Nigeria’s Global Ambitions: From Hope to Reality,” in Abuja, Richard Montgomery commends Tinubu’s agenda for its focus on priorities and delivery.

“I’d like to use this opportunity to express the whole lot of support of my government to the Renewed Hope Agenda of His Excellency, the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, Bola Tinubu. We commend his agenda for its focus on priorities and delivery. We acknowledge that you have done a lot to put in place transparency and accountability.”

Also, the Minister of Industry, Trade and Investment, Dr. Doris Nkiruka Uzoka-Anite, while declaring the forum open, extended warm appreciation to participants, noting that their presence underscored the importance of the efforts towards advancing Nigeria’s economic agenda under President Tinubu.

She stated that the gathering, initiated by the Office of the Vice President, highlights the role of the international corporation in delivering the remarkable goals of the President’s laudable Renewed Hope Agenda.

Also, the Minister of Information and National Orientation, Alhaji Mohammed Idris, commended the stakeholders’ efforts led by Vice President Shettima which led to the convening of the high-level forum to mark the first year anniversary of the Tinubu Administration.

He said the gathering was both to reflect on the last year and look ahead to the next three years, emphasizing the role of the International Corporation in achieving Mr President’s Renewed Hope Agenda.

On his part, the Minister of Budget and National Planning, Alhaji Atiku Bagudu, said the past year marking President Tinubu’s one year in office had been successful despite being challenging, assuring that the Tinubu-led government is an administration that will renew the hope of Nigerians.

Noting that the event highlighted the importance of international cooperation, Bagudu thanked VP Shettima for gracing the occasion, saying, “Not surprisingly, you chose to come in person to show importance, particularly to partners in the diplomatic and development world, that Nigeria appreciates them and that international cooperation is important to us and it is rooted in our constitution, is rooted in our development plans and is rooted in our Renewed hope agenda.

“Not surprisingly, Mr. President, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, and Vice President Kashim Shetiima, over the last one year, have engaged globally and locally with institutions that represent development partnership, multilateral institutions, and bilateral institutions, consistent with our development agenda”.

The Minister of Foreign Affairs, Ambassador Yusuf Maitama Tuggar, represented by Senior Special Assistant to the President on International Cooperation, Mr. Dapo Oyewole, reiterated Nigeria’s commitment to long-lasting partnership with the global community.

“President Bola Ahmed Tinubu’s foreign policy will continue to accommodate the interests of all Nigerians and ensure mutual and beneficial partnerships with all nations,” Oyewole said.

Oyewole added that Nigeria will continue to work to unlock all hidden economic treasures in the country.

In his remarks, the Managing Director of the Bank of Industry, Dr. Olasupo Olusi, said the event marked a critical reflection point for all who have explored optimally to harness international corporations in achieving the noble goals of President Tinubu’s Renewed Hope Agenda.

Expressing delight with the theme of the dialogue, “Leveraging International Cooperation to Enhance Trade, Investment and Sustainable Development in Nigeria,” he said the Bank of Industry has witnessed firsthand the transformative power of strategic partnership in driving economic growth and fostering inclusive development under the Tinubu administration.

Also in attendance were Deputy Chief of Staff to the President (Office of the Vice President), Senator Ibrahim Hassan Hadejia; Minister of Women Affairs, Mrs Uju Kenedy Ohaneye; European Union Ambassador to Nigeria and ECOWAS, Amb. Samuel Isopi; Special Adviser to the President on Policy Coordination and Head of Central Delivery Unit, Ms. Hadiza Bala Usman; Chief Executive Officer, Nigerian Investment Promotion Commission; and Acting Country Director of World Bank, Nigeria

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2024/05/were-impressed-by-tinubus-security-strategies-uk-govt/amp/

54 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Richard Montgomery: We’re Impressed By Tinubu’s Security Strategies by givedemwotowoto: 8:28pm On May 17
We understand the sarcasm Mr High Commissioner

48 Likes

Re: Richard Montgomery: We’re Impressed By Tinubu’s Security Strategies by immortalcrown(m): 8:31pm On May 17
Really?

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: Richard Montgomery: We’re Impressed By Tinubu’s Security Strategies by cathodekazim: 8:34pm On May 17
Children of hate, sons and daughters of perdition

Over to you

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Richard Montgomery: We’re Impressed By Tinubu’s Security Strategies by CountinBlessins(m): 8:36pm On May 17
These people and lies and propaganda.

They told you in the office were they sat down with you and Tinubu right ?

27 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Richard Montgomery: We’re Impressed By Tinubu’s Security Strategies by Oilwell(m): 8:37pm On May 17
what do you expect the high commissioner to say before in his host country. That bandits are ravaging everywhere?

Government of Lies and propaganda.

45 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Richard Montgomery: We’re Impressed By Tinubu’s Security Strategies by STEWpid(f): 8:39pm On May 17
Chai..

Anytime I hear UK in Nigeria, I feel somehow..

Like, they still dictate what happens hiAr!

13 Likes

Re: Richard Montgomery: We’re Impressed By Tinubu’s Security Strategies by CodeTemplar: 8:42pm On May 17
What are the achievements so far?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Richard Montgomery: We’re Impressed By Tinubu’s Security Strategies by Esama: 8:45pm On May 17
I think for security he has perform excellently.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Richard Montgomery: We’re Impressed By Tinubu’s Security Strategies by ibechris(m): 8:47pm On May 17
Wicked people.

It is now very clear that he runs his govt just to appease the colonialists.

15 Likes

Re: Richard Montgomery: We’re Impressed By Tinubu’s Security Strategies by Elusive001: 8:51pm On May 17
Esama:

How?
Please educate nay sayers like me.

15 Likes

Re: Richard Montgomery: We’re Impressed By Tinubu’s Security Strategies by Elusive001: 8:52pm On May 17
Esama:

How?

6 Likes

Re: Richard Montgomery: We’re Impressed By Tinubu’s Security Strategies by OPICANTO2223: 8:59pm On May 17
Because UK is given free hand to suck Nigeria dry, accepting looted money and encouraging corruption and enslavement

8 Likes

Re: Richard Montgomery: We’re Impressed By Tinubu’s Security Strategies by CrownOfClay724: 9:02pm On May 17
What is Tinubu',s Security Strategy?

5 Likes

Re: Richard Montgomery: We’re Impressed By Tinubu’s Security Strategies by NeckingNgulping(m): 9:04pm On May 17
UK is indeed the bane of our existence.

Divide this country now.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Richard Montgomery: We’re Impressed By Tinubu’s Security Strategies by ganisucks(f): 9:11pm On May 17
U dey whine me😆🤣🤣😂

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Richard Montgomery: We’re Impressed By Tinubu’s Security Strategies by Verbtips(m): 9:22pm On May 17
STEWpid:
Chai..

Anytime I hear UK in Nigeria, I feel somehow..

Like, they still dictate what happens hiAr!
no be only you my sister

4 Likes

Re: Richard Montgomery: We’re Impressed By Tinubu’s Security Strategies by able20(m): 9:25pm On May 17
blamingthedevil:
We’re impressed by Tinubu’s security strategies – UK govt

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2024/05/were-impressed-by-tinubus-security-strategies-uk-govt/amp/
UK dem Bad oh. UK government are expert in distracting African leaders

6 Likes

Re: Richard Montgomery: We’re Impressed By Tinubu’s Security Strategies by jmoore(m): 9:26pm On May 17
I am also impressed.
Hundreds of people will be kidnapped in a single operation, transport them from one location to the other and 9ja police/army won't see them.

What a wonderful babablu performance!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Richard Montgomery: We’re Impressed By Tinubu’s Security Strategies by yarimo(m): 9:40pm On May 17
Everyone in Nigeria is happy with president TINUBU style of leadership

53 Likes 1 Share

Re: Richard Montgomery: We’re Impressed By Tinubu’s Security Strategies by Esama: 10:36pm On May 17
Why would you called your name elusive.
Elusive001:

Re: Richard Montgomery: We’re Impressed By Tinubu’s Security Strategies by LexngtonSteele: 11:45pm On May 17
grin

I hope some grown men wouldn't start crying.

The ones we said... " Vote for Atiku, your vote is wasted"

' Na your vote ? ' they foolishly said. And then indirectly crowned the man they hate the most.

How dense! grin

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Richard Montgomery: We’re Impressed By Tinubu’s Security Strategies by AcadaWriter: 1:11am On May 18
We understand the sarcasm Mr High Commissioner

1 Like

Re: Richard Montgomery: We’re Impressed By Tinubu’s Security Strategies by bhella10: 1:26am On May 18
Obidense will still wail

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Richard Montgomery: We’re Impressed By Tinubu’s Security Strategies by gozmok1(m): 1:37am On May 18
Massive Protest... Possibly a revolution, if thiefnubuu and his bunch of thieves does nothing about the state of the economy.

So far, they have done NOTHING, they just changed the BDC dealers loyal to Northern cabals to their own dealers, for easy accessibilty to foreign currencies... To LOOT! Looting Spree continua grin

3 Likes

Re: Richard Montgomery: We’re Impressed By Tinubu’s Security Strategies by aariwa(m): 6:25am On May 18
Agbado go chop propaganda tire in place of corn and cassava they desperately wanted when they proclaimed lat year that “ tinubu go favor me” lol 😂

2 Likes

Re: Richard Montgomery: We’re Impressed By Tinubu’s Security Strategies by kenny714433(m): 6:43am On May 18
Wait until it's debunked.
Re: Richard Montgomery: We’re Impressed By Tinubu’s Security Strategies by Parydelegate: 6:46am On May 18
Ok
Re: Richard Montgomery: We’re Impressed By Tinubu’s Security Strategies by bewla(m): 6:47am On May 18
God safe us
Re: Richard Montgomery: We’re Impressed By Tinubu’s Security Strategies by bewla(m): 6:48am On May 18
Only street
Re: Richard Montgomery: We’re Impressed By Tinubu’s Security Strategies by vibratingpenis: 6:49am On May 18
Haaa!
Re: Richard Montgomery: We’re Impressed By Tinubu’s Security Strategies by goslowgoslow(m): 6:52am On May 18
OBIdients, supporters of Agulu criminal, tribalist, religion bigot, yes daddy crooner will all have high blood pressure today.

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Perpetrators Of Corruption Are Organised-Labour Members – Jonathan / Money Laundering: You’ve A Case To Answer, Court Tells Ohakim / Role Of Leadership In Nation Building

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 1
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.