Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,659 members, 7,955,381 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 01:49 AM

The Awful Truth! - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Awful Truth! (3846 Views)

Awful: Blind Prophet, Wife And 2 Children Buried In Abia (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Awful Truth! by amor4ce(m): 11:06pm On Jan 16, 2012
Have the authors of the website that you linked to (http://www.icr.org/articles/type/6//) confessed that Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, and the Israelites have negroes phenotype? Have they admitted that the Amorites of Genesis 15:16 are the Europeans that enslaved Abraham's descendants for 400 years? Have they admitted that [url=http://yemitom./2012/07/15/e%e1%b9%a3u-is-the-true-name-of-the-rock-of-ages/]Eshu (misspelt as Yeshu/Yeshua; not Jesus)[/url] is coming to collect HIS people - Israel - who at the moment are scattered all over the world, and that HE will judge the Amorites? Idolatory is still supported on that website as there is an image of Cesare Borgias therein, the image of their Zeus/Jesus; have they confessed that that image is an abomination? Did Eshu ever instruct HIS followers to go against the Law and teach in synagogues on the day after the Sabbath?
Re: The Awful Truth! by debosky(m): 11:44pm On Jan 16, 2012
A few thoughts about this 'awful truth'

Why can't we focus on the aspects that deal with faith in Jesus and stoop into conspiracy theories like the Catholics killed Lincoln and JFK?

How does the cartoon know the bones in Rome are not those of Peter's? Does it even matter whose bones are there?

My view on this is simple - focus on the truth here and disprove any teaching that contradicts the words of Christ. Let's leave personal opinions and conspiracy theories out if possible.
Re: The Awful Truth! by amor4ce(m): 12:21am On Jan 17, 2012
debosky:

Why can't we focus on the aspects that deal with faith in Jesus and stoop into conspiracy theories like the Catholics killed Lincoln and JFK?

How does the cartoon know the bones in Rome are not those of Peter's? Does it even matter whose bones are there?

My view on this is simple - focus on the truth here and disprove any teaching that contradicts the words of Christ. Let's leave personal opinions and conspiracy theories out if possible.

How about faith in [url=http://yemitom./2012/07/15/e%e1%b9%a3u-is-the-true-name-of-the-rock-of-ages/]ESHU rather than faith in Jesus[/url]?
Re: The Awful Truth! by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:12am On Jan 17, 2012
amor4ce:

Have the authors of the website that you linked to (http://www.icr.org/articles/type/6//) confessed that Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, and the Israelites have negroes phenotype? Have they admitted that the Amorites of Genesis 15:16 are the Europeans that enslaved Abraham's descendants for 400 years? Have they admitted that Yeshua(Yahoshua/Yahushua; not Jesus) is coming to collect HIS people - Israel - who at the moment are scattered all over the world, and that HE will judge the Amorites? Idolatory is still supported on that website as there is an image of Cesare Borgias therein, the image of their Jesus; have they confessed that that image is an abomination? Did Yeshua ever instruct HIS followers to go against the Law and teach in synagogues on the day after the Sabbath?

My friend, why are you so fixated on the colour of the skin of our incarnated Lord Jesus Christ? and what do you think the name Yeshua means? Yeshua is the hebrew correspondence to Jesus and it means Salvation. Have you received the anointed Saviour as your personal Lord and Saviour?
Re: The Awful Truth! by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:23am On Jan 17, 2012
debosky:

It depends on which Jesus you are talking about. Are you saying that we should stoop into conspiracy theories or what? undecided

debosky:

Galatians 2:7 casts doubt on that. Don't you think it matters whose bones that are in Rome?

debosky:

What you are reading here is the awful truth. You are entitled to your own opinion if you think that it is just conspiracy theories.
Re: The Awful Truth! by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:25am On Jan 17, 2012
amor4ce:

How about faith in Yeshua/Yahoshua rather than faith in Jesus?

Jesus = Yeshua = Salvation. Christ = anointing = Messiah. What is your problem if we choose to call our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ?
Re: The Awful Truth! by amor4ce(m): 1:37am On Jan 17, 2012
HIS name is not pronounced as Jesus but Eshu. My friend, what are the signs of the leprosy described in the Bible? Haven't you ever wondered why the many of the names of Israelites as mentioned in the New Testament of many Bibles today look so different from those in the Old Testament? Have you been deceived?

Names of different cultures are usually transliterated and not translated. For example, an Liberian man would want to transliterate the Yoruba name Oluwasayi as Oluwasheyi, but would try to keep the translation as close to the original as possible. If this is supposed to be the accepted and prevailing logic, how then is Eshu transliterated as Jesus? Do they sound similar?

I suggest you go through http://mawuvi.com/sample-pages
Re: The Awful Truth! by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:53am On Jan 17, 2012
amor4ce:

HIS name is not pronounced as Jesus. Yahoshua means Yahweh/Yehve is salvation. My friend, what are the signs of the leprosy described in the Bible? Haven't you ever wondered why the many of the names of Israelites as mentioned in the New Testament of many Bibles today look so different from those in the Old Testament? Have you been deceived?

Names of different cultures are usually transliterated and not translated. For example, an Liberian man would want to transliterate the Yoruba name Oluwasayi as Oluwasheyi, but would try to keep the translation as close to the original as possible. If this is supposed to be the accepted and prevailing logic, how then is Yeshua/Yahoshua transliterated as Jesus? Do they sound similar?

I suggest you go through http://mawuvi.com/sample-pages

Correct me if 'am wrong. In English we call Him Lord Jesus.  In Hebrew He is called Yeshua.  In Yoruba He is called Jesu Oluwa.  In Hausa He is called Yesu Ubangiji.  In Spanish He is called Jesus, even though it is pronounced Yesus.  In Ibo He is called Eze Jesus.  And He answers us, so what's your problem? undecided

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: The Awful Truth! by amor4ce(m): 2:29am On Jan 17, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

Correct me if 'am wrong. In English we call Him Lord Jesus.  In Hebrew He is called Yeshua.  In Yoruba He is called Jesu Oluwa.  In Hausa He is called Yesu Ubangiji.  In Spanish He is called Jesus, even though it is pronounced Yesus.  In Ibo He is called Eze Jesus.  And He answers us, so what's your problem? undecided
HE knows the intents of our hearts and is merciful. Remember that many White Supremacists also go to churches and pray. Likewise the leader of the LRA rebels in Uganda also prays.

I never said I had a problem.

The names you mentioned (Jesu, Yesu, Jesus and Yesus) are from the Amorites changing of names in the Bible. This is what I have been referring to. Note that these Amorites came here to take away our people as slaves for 400 years (Genesis 15:12-16). Therefore, didn't these Amorites (including the Roman Catholic Church and participants in that awful Berlin Conference) alter the Biblical names to make the assembly of Israel appear like them? Consider carefully what the Messiah meant when HE told Abraham about the iniquity of the Amorites.

A clear example of the name alteration is of David (see http://yemitom./2011/12/24/the-name-is-dawodu-not-david/).

See also https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-822725.0.html

That the world today assumes that HIS name is Jesus does not mean that the world is right. This does not mean that one should begin to look at conspiracy theories BUT we can apply logic like the Bereans (Acts 17:11). Light = knowledge + wisdom + understanding.
Re: The Awful Truth! by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:32am On Jan 17, 2012
amor4ce:

HE knows the intents of our hearts and is merciful. Remember that many White Supremacists also go to churches and pray. Likewise the leader of the LRA rebels in Uganda also prays.

That should suffice us as we do not worship allah who seeks to listen to his slaves only in the arabic language.

amor4ce:

I never said I had a problem.

I was just asking to be sure. cool

amor4ce:

The names you mentioned (Jesu, Yesu, Jesus and Yesus) are from the Amorites changing of names in the Bible. This is what I have been referring to. Note that these Amorites came here to take away our people as slaves for 400 years (Genesis 15:12-16). Therefore, didn't these Amorites (including the Roman Catholic Church and participants in that awful Berlin Conference) alter the Biblical names to make the assembly of Israel appear like them? Consider carefully what the Messiah meant when HE told Abraham about the iniquity of the Amorites.

A clear example of the name alteration is of David (see http://yemitom./2011/12/24/the-name-is-dawodu-not-david/).

See also https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-822725.0.html

I read in your blog where you said that the Ijebus are the Jebusites.  Are you serious? undecided

amor4ce:

That the world today assumes that HIS name is Jesus does not mean that the world is right. This does not mean that one should begin to look at conspiracy theories BUT we can apply logic like the Bereans (Acts 17:11). Light = knowledge + wisdom + understanding.

His name is Yeshua, the anointed Saviour.  Is that not enough?
Re: The Awful Truth! by amor4ce(m): 1:16am On Jan 18, 2012
The Biblical land of Jebus is the same as Jebu. Note that when the British fought against the Ijebu, the British called that conflict the Jebu wars. Even my family is from a line of Ijebu kings but I have decided to accept the Truth. What then would you say about the Benin kingdom? I read somewhere about the addition of consonants to nouns that were originally spelled with vowels at the which was allegedly done by translators of the Scriptures into Greek. The Bible does contain our history. About the skin complexion, there are so many images of an oyinbo-looking Christ today that when many people think of or pray/meditate about God, Christ, Israel, they see such images in their minds. This is the effect of using images to deceive people.
Re: The Awful Truth! by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:25pm On Jan 19, 2012
amor4ce:

The Biblical land of Jebus is the same as Jebu. Note that when the British fought against the Ijebu, the British called that conflict the Jebu wars. Even my family is from a line of Ijebu kings but I have decided to accept the Truth. What then would you say about the Benin kingdom? I read somewhere about the addition of consonants to nouns that were originally spelled with vowels at the which was allegedly done by translators of the Scriptures into Greek. The Bible does contain our history. About the skin complexion, there are so many images of an oyinbo-looking Christ today that when many people think of or pray/meditate about God, Christ, Israel, they see such images in their minds. This is the effect of using images to deceive people.

So you think your tribe was one of the enemies that confronted Israel in the wilderness. undecided  The reason God forbode the making of images in the Bible is because people like you will be so fixated on such images.  Look at the the videoclip and see what this former Muslim saw that made him to embrace the living God.

[flash=500,400]http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docid=-8870177642686242029&hl=en&fs=true[/flash]
Re: The Awful Truth! by Sweetnecta: 3:02pm On Jan 19, 2012
^^^^^^^^^^^ You can't answer 2 questions posed by Lagosshia, so that he and I will join you in your worship of 3 gods. Yet you have the liver to from your obscured corner think you are glorifying Jesus. You are not. Jesus will be disappointed in you whatever you take to him now; if you sincerely believe he is your God and you must worship him, tell us where he stated these two in your Bibles.

I do not want to read meaning into anything. I want them directly from his mouth that he is God and you must worship him, else you are condemned. When you can do this from your Bibles, quoting the verses for us to read, you would have fulfilled the obligation laid out by Jesus as his warrior, his soldier, capturing souls for him. Souls I said, not spirits to show you that even humans who are inferior are just two parts; the physical which is the body and the spiritual which is the soul.

One will ask what is the need for God becoming 3 parts instead of just 1? Why would He be 3 instead of 1? If He is 3 what is so Unique about being 3 instead of say 2 like humans, 4 and higher like the gods of the other idolaters?

if you can't answer the questions of Lagosshia which is the case with you and your christian comrades so far, know that you have displayed no courage and all of you have been fakes and fraudsters in what you profess. Then know that Jesus said he will say to the fake christians 'i do not know ye. . ."
Re: The Awful Truth! by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:09pm On Jan 19, 2012
Sweetnecta:

^^^^^^^^^^^ You can't answer 2 questions posed by Lagosshia, so that he and I will join you in your worship of 3 gods. Yet you have the liver to from your obscured corner think you are glorifying Jesus. You are not. Jesus will be disappointed in you whatever you take to him now; if you sincerely believe he is your God and you must worship him, tell us where he stated these two in your Bibles.

If I show you where it is written in the Bible that He is God would you believe?

Sweetnecta:

I do not want to read meaning into anything. I want them directly from his mouth that he is God and you must worship him, else you are condemned. When you can do this from your Bibles, quoting the verses for us to read, you would have fulfilled the obligation laid out by Jesus as his warrior, his soldier, capturing souls for him. Souls I said, not spirits to show you that even humans who are inferior are just two parts; the physical which is the body and the spiritual which is the soul.

What I would be showing you is what He personally said, would you still believe it?

Sweetnecta:

One will ask what is the need for God becoming 3 parts instead of just 1? Why would He be 3 instead of 1? If He is 3 what is so Unique about being 3 instead of say 2 like humans, 4 and higher like the gods of the other idolaters?

Can you tell me how many straight lines or corners we have in a triangle?  What is 1 x 1 x 1?

Sweetnecta:

if you can't answer the questions of Lagosshia which is the case with you and your christian comrades so far, know that you have displayed no courage and all of you have been fakes and fraudsters in what you profess. Then know that Jesus said he will say to the fake christians 'i do not know ye. . ."

Your questions are even answered in the videoclip posted above.  If you watched the testimony of one of your former slaves you will get an answer to your question.  At a point he said that man cannot become God but that God can become a Man, is this possible with God?
Re: The Awful Truth! by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:24pm On Jan 20, 2012
The Awful Truth!

Re: The Awful Truth! by amor4ce(m): 10:50pm On Jan 20, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

So you think your tribe was one of the enemies that confronted Israel in the wilderness. undecided  The reason God forbode the making of images in the Bible is because people like you will be so fixated on such images.  Look at the the videoclip and see what this former Muslim saw that made him to embrace the living God.

[flash=500,400]http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docid=-8870177642686242029&hl=en&fs=true[/flash]

I never declared that I am or was so fixated on such images. Do you have any evidence that I was /am so fixated on such images? Perhaps you can let me know how it is that you could tell what has been on my mind, my thoughts and the contents of my heart. In accusing me of being so fixated on such images, are you sure you did not act presumptuously and falsely accuse me in that regard? Did I mention that I am Ijebu? Where is it written in the Bible that the Jebusites ever confronted Israel in the wilderness? Hey, God warned the Israelites about the error of such images; does that mean the children Israel were so fixated on such images? Various kings of Judah broke down images and pillars, wouldn't that mean that they too were so fixated on such images?By the way, I haven't yet watched that video clip - technical reasons.
Re: The Awful Truth! by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:30am On Jan 21, 2012
amor4ce:

I never declared that I am or was so fixated on such images. Do you have any evidence that I was /am so fixated on such images? Perhaps you can let me know how it is that you could tell what has been on my mind, my thoughts and the contents of my heart. In accusing me of being so fixated on such images, are you sure you did not act presumptuously and falsely accuse me in that regard?

I am sorry if I touched on a nerve. But looking back at your posts I see that you've been preoccupied on the name and image of our Lord Jesus Christ. You cannot think crooked and walk straight. undecided

amor4ce:

Did I mention that I am Ijebu?

Are you asking me? What did you mean by the quote below?

amor4ce:

The Biblical land of Jebus is the same as Jebu. Note that when the British fought against the Ijebu, the British called that conflict the Jebu wars. Even my family is from a line of Ijebu kings but I have decided to accept the Truth.

amor4ce:

Where is it written in the Bible that the Jebusites ever confronted Israel in the wilderness?

"And Joshua said, Hereby you shall know that the living God is among you, and that he will without fail drive out from before you the Canaanites, and the Hittites, and the Hivites, and the Perizzites, and the Girgashites, and the Amorites, and the Jebusites" Joshua 3:10

Are you saying that God drove the "Ijebus" out of town? shocked

amor4ce:

Hey, God warned the Israelites about the error of such images; does that mean the children Israel were so fixated on such images? Various kings of Judah broke down images and pillars, wouldn't that mean that they too were so fixated on such images?By the way, I haven't yet watched that video clip - technical reasons.

Are you seeing images of a "black or white" Jesus when you pray?
Re: The Awful Truth! by amor4ce(m): 7:49am On Jan 22, 2012
I did not mention that I am Ijebu; there's a reason for that. Where is it mentioned in the Bible that the Jebusites actually confronted Israel in the wilderness? I know of a verse but even the details of that are not yet clear to me.
Why did you not accuse Abraham, Moses, Elijah, Jeremiah, Isaiah, and many other prophets of being fixated on images? Wait a minute, hasn’t the Messiah also seriously warned us about images? Do they think crooked or walk straight? Didn't GOD punish the disobedient children for forgetting His name for their Baals (Jeremiah 23:26-27)?
Can you honestly deny that your interaction with me so far has not hinted at condescension?
Re: The Awful Truth! by amor4ce(m): 10:02pm On Jan 25, 2012
Concerning the Sabbath, many profane that holy day with parties, drunkenness and revelries. Many conduct their businesses and trade on the Sabbath but refrain from doing so the following day.

It seems that many have not bothered to study the emergence of the word “church” in the new testament and who God referred to in the old testament as the bride.

Today, many who call themselves Christians look down on those who worship barefooted. What about men covering their heads? What about distinguishing the holy and clean from the unholy and clean?

Today, many in this part of the world seek to live like the Amorites (oyinbo) instead of carefully obeying God. It is as if while they have eyes to see they are blinded to the fact that the Messiah has not yet gathered His people, Israel (Ezekiel 34). Thus they assume that living like the oyinbo and comparing themselves to them is the way to go. While their brethren who are descendants of slaves are seeking to come back the ones here are seeking the Amorite ways and their iniquities – Genesis 15:16.
Re: The Awful Truth! by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:25am On Jan 26, 2012
Waiting For Jesus

"Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the LORD JEHOVAH is my strength and my song; He also is become my salvation" (Isaiah 12:2)

It is fascinating to note all the occurrences of the word "salvation" in the Old Testament.  Most are translations of the Hebrew, yeshua, which corresponds to the name "Jesus" in English.  For example, the verse above could just as well read "Behold, God is my Jesus; . . . the LORD JEHOVAH is my strength and song; He also is become my Jesus."   

Hebrew parents usually gave their children names which had significance.  Thus, when Gabriel instructed Joseph to name Mary's son "Jesus," they would recognise immediately that they were, in effect, to name Him "Salvation," because, "He shall save His people from their sins" (Matthew 1:21).  We can easily imagine that Mary and Joseph spent many hours together poring over their Bibles and reading again all the great prophecies of the coming Saviour—especially those in which His very name, yeshua, had been anticipated.

The first of these was in the dying words of their ancestor, Jacob, after whom Joseph's own father had been named (Matthew 1:16).  In almost his last words, the dying patriarch had exclaimed: "I have waited for thy salvation, O LORD" (Genesis 49:18).  We can at least wonder whether they wondered if Jacob, in his prophetic vision, had actually seen Jesus, and cried out, enraptured, "I have waited for thy Jesus, O LORD!" Then, in Habakkuk 3:13, they could even have found both His name and His title ("anointed" = Messiah = Christ). Thus: "Thou wentest forth for the salvation of thy people, even for salvation with thine anointed [i.e. Jesus thy Christ]; thou woundest the head out of the house of the wicked" (i.e., Satan—note Genesis 3:15).  In any case, we can be sure that Joseph and Mary "marvelled at those things which were spoken of Him" (Luke 2:33). HMM

For more . . . .
Re: The Awful Truth! by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:50pm On Jan 26, 2012
Re: The Awful Truth! by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:47pm On Jan 28, 2012
amor4ce:

Concerning the Sabbath, many profane that holy day with parties, drunkenness and revelries. Many conduct their businesses and trade on the Sabbath but refrain from doing so the following day.

It seems that many have not bothered to study the emergence of the word “church” in the new testament and who God referred to in the old testament as the bride.

Today, many who call themselves Christians look down on those who worship barefooted. What about men covering their heads? What about distinguishing the holy and clean from the unholy and clean?

Today, many in this part of the world seek to live like the Amorites (oyinbo) instead of carefully obeying God. It is as if while they have eyes to see they are blinded to the fact that the Messiah has not yet gathered His people, Israel (Ezekiel 34). Thus they assume that living like the oyinbo and comparing themselves to them is the way to go. While their brethren who are descendants of slaves are seeking to come back the ones here are seeking the Amorite ways and their iniquities – Genesis 15:16.

Let's see what the Truth Book has to say about the so called Jebusites, Amorites and co.

"But if you shall indeed obey his voice, and do all that I shall speak; then I will be an enemy to your enemies, and an adversary to your adversaries" (Exodus 23:22).

Who are these enemies and adversaries that God is talking about?

"For mine Angel shall go before you, and bring you in to the Amorites, and the Hittites, and the Perizzites, and the Canaanites, the Hivites, and the Jebusites: and I will cut them off" (Exodus 23:23).

What were they to do with their idols and gods?

"You shall not bow down to their gods, nor serve them, nor do after their works: but you shall utterly overthrow them, and quite break down their images" (Exodus 23:24).

When God cut off these enemies and adversaries of Israel where did the Jebusites migrate to if they still exist?  undecided
Re: The Awful Truth! by amor4ce(m): 9:51pm On Jan 29, 2012
The messiah healed the child of a Canaanite woman who plead with HIM, saying that puppies are allowed to eat the crumbs from the children's table. As for the Amorites, my tentative opinion is that those described in Genesis 15 refer to people with oyinbo features generally just as the mention of Ethiopians in some instances was like referring to Negroes. It seems the Jebusites were absorbed (grafted?) into the Israeli population but I don't know if they were also carried away captive by the Babylonians or the Assyrians or whether during the Babylonian siege they migrated to a Wadi region of Sudan/Ethiopia. The Awujale says the Ijebu migrated from this Wadi. What I think we should concern ourselves with is to stop trying to glorify our individual churches but to glorify God as one people. We ought not to seek the peace and prosperity of the Amorites (IMF, World Bank, G-20, UN, NATO etc) as theirs is a lie. They came here and took ours by force as they are not a peaceful people. You may have observed that right from childhood in these parts we have been inculcated by ourselves to look up to the oyinbo. Right now it seems we are still in the stage of the curses mentioned in the book of Deuteronomy but there is hope when the Saviour redeems Israel.
Re: The Awful Truth! by amor4ce(m): 9:54pm On Jan 29, 2012
Forgive me if my attitude so far has been in the region of trespass.
Re: The Awful Truth! by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:26pm On Jun 03, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

The Awful Truth!

An awful truth that many wished should not see the light of the day.  Load up the comic and read this e-comic that has packaged the truth in an interesting way.

[flash]http://media.chick.com/preview.swf[/flash]

http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/1071/1071_01.asp

Click on the link for a new cartoon.

http://media.chick.com/preview.swf
Re: The Awful Truth! by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:57pm On Aug 20, 2014
The awful truth.
Re: The Awful Truth! by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:49am On Sep 12, 2014
amor4ce:

Forgive me if my attitude so far has been in the region of trespass.

I forgive you. Jesus has already forgiven you. Have you accepted His pardon? undecided
Re: The Awful Truth! by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:24am On Jul 24, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

The Awful Truth!

lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Questions That Bug Believers In God / One Reason You Should Stop Wearing Trousers,earring,attachment And Makeups / Do You Truly Love GOD?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.