Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,575 members, 7,816,415 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:50 AM

Kogi PDP Guber Candidate Has Mental Disorder Record - High Court - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kogi PDP Guber Candidate Has Mental Disorder Record - High Court (9386 Views)

Kogi: PDP Delegates Attacked By Thieves / Alex Otti, Abia State Guber Candidate & Team Brutally Attacked By Thugs [Pics] / My Distasteful Experience With Nyesom Wike (PDP Rivers Guber Candidate)- Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kogi PDP Guber Candidate Has Mental Disorder Record - High Court by homerac7: 4:02pm On Nov 24, 2011
This is a wicked campaign of calumny. I hav known Capt Wada for very many years and all I can say abt him is dt he's a fine gentleman. He owned and flew EAS airline planes after many years of flying Nigeria Airway planes, now tell me,  which of these responsibilities demand more delicate mental stability; piloting and government administration ? Kogi indigenes shouldn't fall for ds wicked ruse as it doesn't in any way serve any positive purpose. If the man withstood more mentally tasking responsibilities in time before without any unusual judgement lapse, its easy to see that he's more mentally qualified than many holding or who hav held same postal all over d country.
Re: Kogi PDP Guber Candidate Has Mental Disorder Record - High Court by enkoby: 4:14pm On Nov 24, 2011
Okija_juju:

Last time I checked, Medical records were supposed to be confidential, so how come they were able to obtain his medical records?!

The guy should sue the clinic for all they've got and will ever make, plus the court need to make the plaintiff reveal how he got hold of confidential documents or face charges.

Please note that under the Freedom of Information Act, a public institution must deny an application for
information that contains personal information such as medical records. however, where the disclosure of the information would be in the public interest, and if the public interest in the disclosure of such information far outweighs the protection of the privacy of the individual, then the public institution must go ahead and make the disclosure. i refer you to section 14 of the FOI Act. UCH is a public institution and therefore, must comply with the provisions of the Act.
Re: Kogi PDP Guber Candidate Has Mental Disorder Record - High Court by funextra20: 4:18pm On Nov 24, 2011
STUDY ABROAD
Get your POLAND,RUSSIA,GEORGIA,UKRAINE,SOUTH AFRICA(TOURIST)INVITATION

FOR STUDENT,CALL ME ON 07086591720, NO FORE PAYMENT , SCHOOL FEES

ON ARRIVAL, i am an individual, I HAVE BEING TO THIS COUNTRIES MYSELF AND

I PROCESSED IT MYSELF AND I CAN DO IT FOR YOU AT A TOKEN FEE, WHEN WE

MEET I SHOW YOUR PICTURES,AND I SPEAK RUSSIAN,POLISH.JUST CALL ,
Re: Kogi PDP Guber Candidate Has Mental Disorder Record - High Court by phrankar(f): 4:30pm On Nov 24, 2011
omo! Dis na serious gbege o, em, mk him go for spiritual bath nau, dem go cure him weere. lipsrsealed
Re: Kogi PDP Guber Candidate Has Mental Disorder Record - High Court by Baawaa(m): 4:46pm On Nov 24, 2011
That is politics for you,if you don't know the true story of your life,join politics
Re: Kogi PDP Guber Candidate Has Mental Disorder Record - High Court by doctokwus: 7:42pm On Nov 24, 2011
We dfinitely av our own standards in dis country.Wada may have successfully gone thru flying sch,but was he admitted for d alleged ailment in a aforementioned year?More importantly still,did he leave d hosp against med advice.D man may bcome a gud gov,but in other climes,dis kind of info about a pson's past may cost him d party's nomination.Its d nature of politics to find out d skeletons inur opponents cupboard
Re: Kogi PDP Guber Candidate Has Mental Disorder Record - High Court by tigerleggs(m): 8:13pm On Nov 24, 2011
If a kolo man eventually becomes a governor of a state, the state would be kolo state. Kogi beware.
Re: Kogi PDP Guber Candidate Has Mental Disorder Record - High Court by 1025: 8:18pm On Nov 24, 2011
with or without this report, i know that no normal person is in pdp. just name them starting from the chairman pdp board of trustee(obasanjo) who could sleep with his own daughter inlaw to the last person, u can't find half human being in pdp that is mentally sound. these men waste human bloods like goats so how will they be sound.
looking at them physically, even with the trillions they steal, they look like devil and black witches so how will they be mentally sound. how do u even think that men who steal their countries funds to beautify other countries are normal?
our president's wife stole once $13m from bayelsa state so now that they are in charge of 36 bayelsa states, calculate how much she must have stolen.  ok look at dora, na normal human being be that? ohakim of imo state, gbenga of ogun, bode criminal george of lagos state and host of countless mad men in the same pdp.
Re: Kogi PDP Guber Candidate Has Mental Disorder Record - High Court by nelly4(f): 11:31pm On Nov 24, 2011
shocked
Re: Kogi PDP Guber Candidate Has Mental Disorder Record - High Court by Ilekokonit: 11:31pm On Nov 24, 2011
Apologies for my long post but it is necessary to educate some of our ill informed politicians in Nigeria.

We erroneously stigmatize certain things in Nigeria.
We stigmatize the poor,
We stigmatize the disabled,
We stigmatize the sick,
We stigmatize the weak instead of helping them up,
We stigmatize the widow etc etc.

Common illness and our so called politicians are displaying their ignorance for the world to see.

Nigeria is really a case of ignoramus nonentities ruling intellectuals.

Was Yar'ardua of sound mind before Obj foisted him upon us ?

Is Obj and his looting cohorts e,g Tafa Balogun, Ibori, Alams, Bode George and Gbenga daniel (of the Unclad oath fame) of sound mind.

How are the above listed better than an exemplary pilot as detailed in his impressive CV.

Only in Nigeria will a psychiatric Illness be termed as madness.

Some of the current and past Governors probably have worse illnesses hiding under their cloak but because we don't know of it we believe that this guys mental health history is that bad.

Yar'ardua did not have mental health issues (as far as we know) but Nigeria suffered worse from his presidency and his wifes greed than what this pilots Past illness may or may not cause.

A lot of the high achievers in the world today and in days gone by including in the Western world have suffered from mental illness at one point or the other but they made a full recovery because their society does not stigmatize them.

Instead in these societies they are given the treatment they deserve "free of charge" and within a month or less return to normalcy with the caveat that they continue taking their medication for a period of 6 months and take steps to prevent a recurrence.

It is only in Nigeria that we abandon them until they start roaming the streets in despair and when their clothes get worn out by sleeping rough and starts tearing we now start calling people with a treatable condition mad.

What a backward and/or wicked country we are.

With the guys achievement post his illness (1976 to 2011) a period spanning 35 years he is still stigmatised for a treatable condition that he could not prevent.

His achievements in the past 35 years as a pilot speak for him and confirms that he is a super achiever of sound mind.

I remember when I was a Medical Student at this same UI Medical School, I saw one of our Professors of Medicine admitted in the same Psychiatry Ward mentioned in the article.

I asked Prof what the problem was and he told me that he asked to be admitted in the ward as he slapped his wife for the first time in 30 years of Marriage.

Now that is what education does to you.
You recognize the mental illness as just a treatable illness and not as madness.

The Prof made a full recovery and was discharged after 2 weeks.

All that is needed to treat a lot of mental health issues such as clinical depression, Manic depression and similar illnesses is adequate medication to calm the brain waves and enough sleep in a lot of cases.

In most cases a mentally ill person can not help his condition which arises as a result of a temporary physiological chemical imbalance in the brain.

Once the drugs that aim to correct this chemical imbalance starts working the patient can be discharge with some more medication that he/she has to take for a period of at least 6 months.

Not in Nigeria where we erroneously label normal people who are temporarily ill as mad.

List of High Achievers all around the world that have suffered mental illness in the past and who have gone to make a full recovery and still keep to their high achievements :-

Sidney Sheldon an Academy Award-winning American writer. novelist and the sixth best selling writer of all time.
Kay Redfield Jamison, a female clinical psychologist and Professor of Psychiatry at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
Frank Bruno [/b]MBE former WBC boxing Heavyweight champion of the world
[b]Mariah Carey
 American singer, songwriter, record producer and actress.
Ludwig van Beethoven Germancomposer and pianist.
Stephen Fry English actor, screenwriter, author, playwright, journalist, poet, comedian, television presenter and film director, and a director of Norwich City Football Club
"Spike" Milligan [/b]Hon. KBE comedian, writer, musician, poet, playwright, soldier and actor.
[b]Mel Gibson
American actor, film director, producer and screenwriter.
Rosemary Clooney American singer and actress. Aunt of Academy Award winning actor George Clooney.
"Jack” Cassidy  American actor of stage, film and screen.
Ike Ibeabuchi [/b]former professional heavyweight boxer who defeated highly ranked contender David Tua and future heavyweight titlist Chris Byrd.
[b]Earl Simmons (a.k.a) DMX
the multiplatinum American rapper
Kerry Katona [/b]English media personality and former pop singer with girl group Atomic Kitten, magazine columnist and actress
[b]Nina Simone
American singer, songwriter, pianist, arranger, and civil rights activist widely associated with jazz music.

All the high achievers above have suffered from mental health conditions in the past (some even worse than Captain Idris Wada but because of the free and adequate health service in their countries of residence, they made a full and complete recovery and still went on to blaze trails in their respective fields of endeavor.

So, Captain Idris Wada chin up as you are in good company.

Even the darling pin up of English Football David Beckham has mental health issues of his own by way of "OCD" but he still enjoys a successful playing career inspite of his condition.

If David Beckham or any of the high achievers listed above were to be Nigerian, only God knows what their fate would have been.

For one, they would have been erroneously labelled as mad and their talents would have been wasted unjustly due to the ignorance such as that displayed by our lawmakers.

Alastair Campbell the highly successful Director of Communications and Strategy for Tony Blair who is credited for giving Tony Blair his winning strategy for the British Prime Minister elections openly admitted to Tony Blair that he once had serious mental health issues but Tony being an enlightened leader still gave him the job - a decision that was to be justified in 2 general election victories.

Where Nigerian politicians would have seen "madness", Tony Blair saw genius.

If I were to be Captain Idris Wada, I would spend my last penny on the best lawyers and fight this case to the last if not for me then to banish discrimination based on medical records.

Captain Idris Wada - Your only crime is that you are human like the rest of us and your accusers.

We all have human frailties especially in the area of health.

Who hasn't been sick in their whole life ?
Re: Kogi PDP Guber Candidate Has Mental Disorder Record - High Court by oge4real(f): 5:40am On Nov 25, 2011
His cv is in contrast with the medical record. Maybe he was not the one in UCH undecided Afterall Ibori and Enwerem got out of similar situations.
Re: Kogi PDP Guber Candidate Has Mental Disorder Record - High Court by Rhino5dm: 6:21am On Nov 25, 2011
There is no reason why a Kolomental guy be allowed to rule a state. Is he the only capable hand in position to govern the state?

Enough of all this sympathy. . .Nigerians are always good at trial by error. If by chance the lunatic started displaying his mental incapability via retrogressive policies and inflicting pains in the whole state nko? Do you still wonder why Nigeria is backward?. . .

Yar adua was a mental patient double with a chronic renal illness, we all saw the effect.

GEJ is a reetard, we are all witnessing the effect of putting a silver-back gorilla in power.

This was how those moorons overlooked the dunce in aso rock and voted in the worst president in Nigerian history.

Lastly, all those mentioning his CV should take time and do liitle statistics on the probability of having attack while flying. I know alot of epileptic patient driving cars or riding bikes. Some monitor the cycle of their attack and stay off roads when it is about time, while others observe sign and changes in their system, but does that erase the fact that they are epileptic?

This is a disaster waiting to happen. . .Kogi state deserve more than a psychotic man rulling them. Just take the man to see a shrink and complete his treatment.
Re: Kogi PDP Guber Candidate Has Mental Disorder Record - High Court by logica(m): 8:24am On Nov 25, 2011
Ilekokonit,

I don't see any politicians in your list. Generally speaking in the Entertainment/Arts sector (and other sectors requiring creativity) a little bit of mental illness may even be required for success.

Anyway the Nigerian Constitution seems to have disqualified the man based on his health records; and Y'Ardua should've been disqualified too if anybody had the nerve to challenge his nomination.

By the way the only US president to have shown signs of mental illness (depression) was Abraham Lincoln but his condition was mostly associated with the suffering he witnessed during the Civil War. I suspect that he would've been pressured to resign in our current dispensation (of information and well informed people).
Re: Kogi PDP Guber Candidate Has Mental Disorder Record - High Court by jmaine: 11:39am On Nov 25, 2011
Watch  the one - on- one NTA programme now and judge whether this sound and articulate man has mental illness . . . The guy is very alright . . .Being a successful pilot for 35 years is not for the brain defaults as most would want to believe he falls into 
Re: Kogi PDP Guber Candidate Has Mental Disorder Record - High Court by beneli(m): 8:09pm On Nov 25, 2011
If the diagnosis of 'mental illness' is based only on assessments made in the 70's, then the detractors of the gentleman in question, quite honestly have no case at all.

For those who care to know, a person’s overall level of functioning is significant in the decision about whether a person has a mental 'disorder or not. Another factor to consider is the duration of the so called ‘psychotic experiences’.

In other words, the rather vaguely termed 'psychosis' has to persist for a reasonable duration of time - in Schizophrenia it has to endure for at least 6 months  - and be associated with deterioration in overall level of social functioning.

In the case of Capt Wada there is clearly no deterioration in his level of social functioning, going by the CV presented by kalakutta. . . 

I also can’t help noticing that in the article, Capt Wada was given a diagnosis of ‘acute psychotic episode and paranoid psychosis’. As a diagnostic formulation this is ever so archaic, and quite frankly neither here nor there. In other words the said 'diagnosis' is not saying much. To start with, the fact that they qualified the psychotic episode with ‘acute’, suggests that by its nature, the experience Capt Wada must have had, was ‘transient’. 

Highlighting the transient nature of the experiences is important. People suffering from things such as cerebral malaria, typhoid and any other physical health conditions – which can all lead to an acute confusional state - can, in some cases, also present with paranoia. Even banal things like sleep deprivation, food deprivation - say after you've visited your witch doctor . . . or pastor. . . and been advised to go without food for 7 days - or harmful things like the use of psychoactive substances, can all cause ‘transient psychoses.  But that doesn’t mean that the person would be given a definitive diagnosis of a ‘paranoid psychositic illness’ . . .

. . . unless of course they are being consulted by somebody who has limited knowledge of mental illness. . . or God forbid, a quack . . . or even worse the witchdoctor!

Of course one can cut the people who made the diagnosis some slack. After all the records unearthed date from the 70’s – a time when Psychiatry was still in its infancy, so people could be excused for making wrong diagnoses!

What cannot be excused, however, is the apparent eagerness of people here  to belittle a man’s achievements, simply because they assume – clearly ignorantly - that the man has mental illness. They come to that conclusion because an unearthed document, from 35 years ago, says so . . .  in spite of the fact that the man’s level of functioning from the evidence available - since that likely erroneous diagnosis was made - suggests otherwise.

Na wa O!
Re: Kogi PDP Guber Candidate Has Mental Disorder Record - High Court by tejuoshom: 7:02am On Nov 26, 2011
The problems we have in Nigeria is knowing the right things and choose to do the opposite.Not on till we begin to do the right things nothing will happen
Re: Kogi PDP Guber Candidate Has Mental Disorder Record - High Court by sartorius(m): 7:24am On Nov 26, 2011
@ beneli you took words from my mouth. you have spoken well
Re: Kogi PDP Guber Candidate Has Mental Disorder Record - High Court by logica(m): 9:59pm On Nov 26, 2011
@beneli,

You are the only person who has actually set about defending the man in the proper way:

Call the competence of the health workers into question and also the veracity of the report. Apart from that, no other line of defense works.
Re: Kogi PDP Guber Candidate Has Mental Disorder Record - High Court by Nobody: 7:09am On Nov 27, 2011
cry capt wada had never had the intention of contest any political position, he came just like late yar'adua, from his campaign i attended wada will be worst than ibro, he has no vision, mission, he is the present governor inlaw, he is being brought to cover the mess of the present governor, this is from frying pan to fire for the poor people of kogi state nigerian pray for them or they will be in doom for another 8 year
Re: Kogi PDP Guber Candidate Has Mental Disorder Record - High Court by paulo007: 9:56am On Nov 27, 2011
the problem is not that he was once treated but the fact that he left the hospital against medical advise. wada should proved that he has been satified fit by any other hospital. simple.
Re: Kogi PDP Guber Candidate Has Mental Disorder Record - High Court by betty009(f): 6:47pm On Mar 07, 2012
I am Miss Betty Bill, I work with Dell Company here in the United State of America (Chicago Branch)

Sir it have come to my notice that Electronics sell very well there in West Africa, meaning that Nigeria is the place were Electronics is highly required in the Market.

i have decided to look our for God fearing and humble Nigerian, due to i am planning on establishing a Whole Sales and Retailers buying site there in Nigeria, where Nigerians can buy it cheap and easy.

These men are to represent the me there in Nigeria and each will handle each selling site there

But first, i will give each man a try by sending little quantity of the products to them and if you can sell and send the money back, then you have created a trust.

If you are interested you are to forward any required information to my mail
Full Name:
to (bettybill98@yahoo.com)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ezekwesili - 56 Million Nigerians Illiterate / List Of Top Twenty Looters Of Nigerian Treasury / Dangote's Deep-sea Pipeline project exposes the Lagos crude oil fraud

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.