Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,950 members, 7,824,981 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 10:27 PM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (218) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2326171 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) ... (3499) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jencejyde(m): 10:01am On Mar 01, 2013
Yeah, something will give in at a certain breaking point. Shey na like this we go dey dey?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by debosky(m): 10:06am On Mar 01, 2013
Reality check - those days are gone, for good.

We will not return to a time where we had a very good back 4 which only needed sport science to whip them into shape and extend their careers; we will not return to a time where a player as good as DB10 will come to Arsenal due to a poor season in Italy, or ditto Vieira.; we will not return to a time where we can snap a world cup winning Gilberto without much competition; we will not return to a time where, because of a revolutionary manager and his ideas, we use first mover advantage to raid the best talent from France. Those days are gone.

If Arsenal is to succeed in the future, we will have to find a new way to win - either with the same manager or with someone else.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by 4llerbuntu(m): 12:20pm On Mar 01, 2013
debosky:

If Arsenal is to succeed in the future, we will have to find a new way to win - either with the same manager or with someone else.

at times i suspect that two people use this account.

like seriously, so u too acknowledge the bolded? well my take is that its not possible with the same manager, for well documented reasons. infact i daresay its not possible with this board

more the board, because if the board shapes up the manager will either fall in line or GTFO.

lets have a target for once thats not financial. let the manager come out and tell you its not possible. negotiate whats possible or not for success. give him a performance target.

BUT THIS IS NOT POSSIBLE WITH THE PRESENT BOARD/MANAGER COMBO. QED !!!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by biolabee(m): 12:34pm On Mar 01, 2013
He has outlived his successes and has lost his drive and motivation
There are many young coaches that can take Arsenal to heady height

#WengerOut
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by biolabee(m): 12:40pm On Mar 01, 2013
HNIC: My two and half cents..
While the board sit fat and make millions and see Arsenal as an investment company and not a football club,Arsene is enjoying a good measure of protection from them when poor results occur while hell bent on his pet project of winning laurels with players he developed or bargain basement buys.
If 70 million abi 100 million was available, Give the gaffer a mandate to spend everything in his quest for trophies or be fired, you will see Wenger dropping this frugal ideas.(he has spent big money on players before...check)
On one hand, the present board is grateful they have a manager like AW who is able to spend peanuts and get them into the money spinning Champs league evry year,ensuring stability of the club.On the other hand, the fans are suffering. Its 8 years now without a trophy and when you are a top club or you have a rich history like Arsenal, changes normally happen.
Unfortunately, there are no changes.The gaffer is still there, funds are promised every year(they aren't spent), our best players leave because they get better wages else where.
This can only continue when your fans remain loyal to a fault, but in this 'internet -fuelled' football world we are in, the fans are beginning to complain.The Board looks to be under severe pressure since the barren season started in 2005.This summer will be crucial for Arsenal as a football club

You are right but you forgot to add that the club is even losing money by having on its books duds like Denilson, Bendtner, Santos, Squilacci, Almunia(for a while), diaby

Wenger has overpaid these oafs and overpriced them that we cant even sell them to any club
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by coogar: 1:05pm On Mar 01, 2013
debosky: Reality check - those days are gone, for good.

We will not return to a time where we had a very good back 4 which only needed sport science to whip them into shape and extend their careers; we will not return to a time where a player as good as DB10 will come to Arsenal due to a poor season in Italy, or ditto Vieira.; we will not return to a time where we can snap a world cup winning Gilberto without much competition; we will not return to a time where, because of a revolutionary manager and his ideas, we use first mover advantage to raid the best talent from France. Those days are gone.

if arsenal are to succeed in the future, they will have to start spending money like their rivals. money is the name of the game now. i still believe if arsenal had money to spend, van persie, nasri, clichy, adebayor, hleb, flamini, etc wouldn't have left them. there's a possibility they would have added more quality players too.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by debosky(m): 1:29pm On Mar 01, 2013
4llerbuntu:
at times i suspect that two people use this account.

like seriously, so u too acknowledge the bolded?

Where have I ever denied the bolded? That I don't spend my life campaigning for Wenger's removal doesn't mean I deny the fact that he will have to/be forced to leave someday.

well my take is that its not possible with the same manager, for well documented reasons. infact i daresay its not possible with this board

more the board, because if the board shapes up the manager will either fall in line or GTFO.

I agree, but let's put it another way - this manager has become bigger than the board, so unless the manager leaves, the board can't do anything different. Heck if you believe the rumours, Wenger 'approved' Gazidis' appointment - can you 'control' the person that employed you? cheesy

The only person that can force Wenger out is Stan Kroenke, not the board. If he decides to, then Wenger is gone. That's why Redknapp was fired, that's why RDM was fired, that's why Hughes was fired at Citeh.

lets have a target for once thats not financial. let the manager come out and tell you its not possible. negotiate whats possible or not for success. give him a performance target.

Who says he doesn't have a target at the moment - i.e CL football every season? The issue is whether the right targets are being set in the first place.

BUT THIS IS NOT POSSIBLE WITH THE PRESENT BOARD/MANAGER COMBO. QED !!!

More like Owner/Manager combo - till the owner decides he wants things to move in a different direction, or Wenger leaves/is forced out by fan revolt, I don't expect any major changes.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by A40(m): 2:21pm On Mar 01, 2013
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by folahann(m): 3:17pm On Mar 01, 2013
edoyad: ^^^ Don't worry guys, it's in the pipeline. More glory days ahead.

We shall all live to see the glory days. We'll still be here supporting the club, while peeps like A-40 will be busy jumping clubs

3 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by nitlad: 4:17pm On Mar 01, 2013
grin grin

Why are Gayners going nostalgic on here? undecided
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by dayokanu(m): 5:32pm On Mar 01, 2013
nitlad: grin grin

Why are Gayners going nostalgic on here? undecided

When your future looks bleak at least you hold on to the past. Dem forget say "I get am before no be property"

Its like Queen Elizabeth reliving her prom days or OBJ reliving when he used to be a muscular hunk

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by dayokanu(m): 5:51pm On Mar 01, 2013

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by A40(m): 6:42pm On Mar 01, 2013
folahann:

We shall all live to see the glory days. We'll still be here supporting the club, while peeps like A-40 will be busy jumping clubs
Sharrap!! You Fabrephile!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by folahann(m): 7:02pm On Mar 01, 2013
A-40:

Sharrap!! You Fabrephile!
Oh! I'm sorry. Didn't know that was going to hit you so hard
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by A40(m): 7:13pm On Mar 01, 2013
folahann:
Oh! I'm sorry. Didn't know that was going to hit you so hard
Hit me hard? Nigga stop pissing in the wind! Aren't u openly lusting after Fabregas a fellow male like you?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by ritchboy(m): 8:33pm On Mar 02, 2013
A-40:
Aren't u openly lusting after Fabregas a fellow male like you?

When your first son come's outta the closet, you'd be like:

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by A40(m): 11:30pm On Mar 02, 2013
ritchboy:

When your first son come's outta the closet, you'd be like:

STFU!!! Are you terminally mad or sumn?

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by biolabee(m): 2:24am On Mar 03, 2013
Can this be true

also saw it on piers twitter
dudu,, fan share go make sense die cheesy cheesy cheesy
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2287206/Arsenal-set-1-5bn-takeover-Middle-Esat-consortium.html

We'll bid record £1.5bn for Arsenal (twice as much as the Glazers paid for United)... but they MUST finish top four, say Arab consortium
By DAVE WOOD
PUBLISHED: 22:32 GMT, 2 March 2013 | UPDATED: 00:37 GMT, 3 March 2013
Comments (9)

Arsenal's eagerly-anticipated north London derby with Tottenham on Sunday was given an added edge with reports that a Middle East consortium will launch a £1.5billion takeover bid for the club in the next few weeks.
The group, made up of investors from Qatar and the United Arab Emirates, hope to tempt owner Stan Kroenke with the world record sum, reports the Sunday Telegraph.
But the group warned that Arsenal, currently fifth in the Premier League and three points behind fourth-placed Spurs, must act quickly amid fears that the club miss out on a Champions League place and fall into a cycle of decline like Liverpool.

Money talks: World record takeover would put Arsenal in the same financial league as Manchester City and PSG

Prize asset: Arsenal's Jack Wilshere
American Kroenke is the club's majority shareholder, while Uzbek Alisher Usmanov also holds a significant stake.
The offer for Arsenal would reportedly see the potential investors bid around £20,000 per share, making Kroenke's holding worth £830m.
It would be the world’s biggest ever bid for a football club, dwarfing the £800m paid by the Glazers for Manchester United.

Money men: Owner Stan Kroenk (left) and majority shareholder Alisher Usmanov (right)

Big fans: The consortium want Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger to stay on
A meeting has already been reportedly been requested with the American to discuss the proposed offer. The seriousness of the bid is reinforced by the recent successful takeovers of Manchester City and Paris St-Germain by Middle East backers.
It is unlikely Usmanov will want to sell his shareholding, given his 'dream' of taking control of Arsenal himself, but the Middle East consortium believes it will be able to work with the billionaire, who does not currently have a seat on the board.
Any takeover would inevitably raise questions over the future of manager Arsene Wenger but the Frenchman is understood to be highly-regarded by the consortium.
A bid source was quoted as saying: 'Arsenal is at a pivotal position at the moment. The fear is that the club is facing a cycle of decline like Liverpool. From our point of view it is the perfect moment to make this bid because at this moment in time you can still genuinely justify this extraordinary valuation on the club.
'We will not bid for Arsenal if they go into decline. Kroenke and Usmanov will not get this kind of valuation if Arsenal do not succeed and will not get this kind of valuation ever again.
'The amount of capital required to pump into Arsenal to make it competitive within England, Europe and the world means that the valuation cannot go any higher.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2287206/Arsenal-set-1-5bn-takeover-Middle-Esat-consortium.html#ixzz2MR4a99dy
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by dayokanu(m): 7:00pm On Mar 03, 2013
YEBARIBA SAMBORIBOOOOOOOoooo
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by dayokanu(m): 7:01pm On Mar 03, 2013
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by biolabee(m): 7:12pm On Mar 03, 2013
dayo abeg i need that chart that shows arsenal progress evry season
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by A40(m): 8:28pm On Mar 03, 2013
Arsenal's back four grin grin and no there's nothing presidential about it

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by 4llerbuntu(m): 8:34pm On Mar 03, 2013
buhahahaha.

hilarious.

great game by vermaelen. absolutely spectacular defending. top class. just what we have been getting all season long.

then top notch coaching by Wenger too mehn. removing the singular effective attacking threat in jenkinson at 59minutes and switching the arsenal maradona there.

the game just changed and became lively and we were just creating chance after chance no?

what about playing the attacking midfielder called carzola on the flanks and benching podolski for no clear reason?

and just look at our dear MVP extraordinaire Theo. superb game. he was everywhere. stunning goals assists runs flicks etc.

since signing the contract he has been STUNNING!! great player.

eye don clear now shey? in Wenger we trust o. Europa cup is a very nice competition you know......
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by FBS: 9:20pm On Mar 03, 2013
You guys tried grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by chuckdee4(m): 10:45am On Mar 04, 2013
Sigh Sigh What can I say that has not been said before.

We need a CHANGE from the board members to the team itself.

Is Vermalean really our captain, such a disgraceful display (reminds me of the RVP goal he gave away against Man U). It's one stupid mistake after another.

The bright sparks in the team are now beginning to look like duds thanks to these duds they have to carry week in week out, for the first 20 minutes Spurs had nothing on us, 2 through passes later our defence gave way like a pack of cards, never have I seen such frailty, the overpaid morons could not even motivate themselves to beat Spurs.

An 8th placed finish is what I am pryaing for, this team does not deserve any sort of European football.
Something drastic like that has to happen for the greedy board/manager to know that football is now a money game, if you spend next to nothing don't expect to win anything.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by coogar: 10:49am On Mar 04, 2013
what happened to diaby and gervinho?
when arsenal have to rely on ramsey then you know there's fire on the mountain. ramsey's first touch would embarrass an elephant!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by A40(m): 11:28am On Mar 04, 2013
I'm waiting for Jencejyde to come and blame this one on Walcott. He shoulda been tracking the runs of Bale and Lennon! He shoulda been marking Parker grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by chuckdee4(m): 11:33am On Mar 04, 2013
coogar: what happened to diaby and gervinho?
when arsenal have to rely on ramsey then you know there's fire on the mountain. ramsey's first touch would embarrass an elephant!

I gave up the moment i saw Ramsey in the starting 11, whay start ramsey when rosicky's on the bench
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 11:35am On Mar 04, 2013
chuckdee4: Sigh Sigh What can I say that has not been said before.

We need a CHANGE from the board members to the team itself.

Is Vermalean really our captain, such a disgraceful display (reminds me of the RVP goal he gave away against Man U). It's one stupid mistake after another.

The bright sparks in the team are now beginning to look like duds thanks to these duds they have to carry week in week out, for the first 20 minutes Spurs had nothing on us, 2 through passes later our defence gave way like a pack of cards, never have I seen such frailty, the overpaid morons could not even motivate themselves to beat Spurs.

An 8th placed finish is what I am pryaing for, this team does not deserve any sort of European football.
Something drastic like that has to happen for the greedy board/manager to know that football is now a money game, if you spend next to nothing don't expect to win anything.

Amen!!!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by wonlasewonimi: 11:35am On Mar 04, 2013
coogar: what happened to diaby and gervinho?

They are champions league materials. Game changers to salvage Arsenal's trophyless runs.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by manmustwac(m): 11:36am On Mar 04, 2013
5 points behind chelsea & 7 points behind super tottenham from the lane. All I have to say to you goners is MIND THE GAP! grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) ... (3499) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.