Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,408 members, 7,822,887 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:45 PM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1014) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2324426 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1011) (1012) (1013) (1014) (1015) (1016) (1017) ... (3496) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by diggz: 8:19pm On Jan 15, 2017
Spy360:

Some coaches win by employing tactics that produce attractive football. Eg Pep, Wenger, Klopp etc.

Some win but with unattractive football. Eg Mourinho.

I give more respect to the former because they choose the more difficult route.

Oga.....what is more attractive than winning a league with the highest point?

I know your idea of beautiful footie is to pass upandan...! Mine is to win matches in any ruthless manner possible.

Fvck Wengay n fraudiola!

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by edoyad(m): 8:39pm On Jan 15, 2017
eph12:

No way city is losing that match. Go figure

Great prophets of our time
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by edoyad(m): 8:42pm On Jan 15, 2017
Eruditor:
Who else noticed that Zlatan celebrated an equalizer?

With 10 mins to go, not 2 mins. His celebration was even a sprint back to the center circle
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Eruditor: 8:47pm On Jan 15, 2017
edoyad:

With 10 mins to go, not 2 mins. His celebration was even a sprint back to the center circle

Giroud's celebration was for 15 seconds. 4 more seconds after, Bournemouth had restarted the game.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iPopAlomo(m): 9:12pm On Jan 15, 2017
Eruditor:

Based on what you saw at a certain point this season Pochettino was not a good coach (UCL form); at another point Conte was not a good coach (LFC and AFC losses); At another point Mou was not a good coach either and now Pep is not.

The only problem with this is the hypotheticals. If X did not happen. If Y did not happen etc. Always wait for the league season to end then you can give your full assessment. In Pep's first league title we squandered a 12point lead to RM and where within 4 before we played them at Santiago. Bearing in mind, we had CFC away on the Tues (in a make or mar UCL semis).

What followed was a 6-2 thrashing of RM and a 1-1 draw at CFC. We ended up winning a treble and subsequently 6 trophies in a year span.

The message is: calm down, the season is not over. CFC look money for the title while the rest of the lot are scrambling for 2nd-4th. If it makes you happy, Wenger will not win the league with CFCs, City's, Tottenham or even Uniteds team. So how do you rate Wenger? If great, that's good because Pep is better than him.

At the bolded...

If Pep Fraudiola manages Arsenal (with the same crop of players Wenger uses) will he lift the premiership...?!!! and if Wenger managed Barca and Bayern Munchen (with the same crop of players Pep used)... Will he lift La Liga and Burnthisleaguedown...?!!!

Search your soul before you answer this question...
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Eruditor: 9:58pm On Jan 15, 2017
iPopAlomo:

At the bolded...

If Pep Fraudiola manages Arsenal (with the same crop of players Wenger uses) will he lift the premiership...?!!! and if Wenger managed Barca and Bayern Munchen (with the same crop of players Pep used)... Will he lift La Liga and Burnthisleaguedown...?!!!

Search your soul before you answer this question...

LOL. Wenger won a double in 98. 99-01 he watched United win 3 titles back to back to back because he couldn't galvanize a double-winning team to win again. 02 Wenger wins another double. 2003, he watches A subpar United snatch the title from him after leading by 12 points. 04, Wenger goes unbeaten. Then he watches CFC win 2 titles over that unbeaten team. So my question to you is, why can't Wenger just repeat as a league champion seeing that he evidently had the best teams following his league winning years?

It is not easy to win 3 titles on the trot in 2 separate leagues. If we claim he inherited a good Bayern team (which he did, but the argument about Barca is thrash) can we agree that that Bayern team of 2013 was not the one of 2015 before he left? The point is, he was able to tweak things here and there to maintain a good squad for someone else to inherit and he repeated as champ convincingly each time. He did same with Barca even when RM kept changing managers and buying players. For that alone, he is better than Wenger. Reason: even if Wenger was able to win a league title with those teams (LOL). Wenger would have not won a second or third with either teams in close succession because his history tells us so.

The season is not over, till then we can't assess his performance with a city squad that most recently finished 4th. As it stands, Conte is the man of the year because his team is punching above their weights. But Pellegrini's city team that finished as champs in 2013 were third after 27 games. That is, 6 games after 21 games which is where the league is at today. Calm your horses.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iPopAlomo(m): 11:14pm On Jan 15, 2017
Eruditor:

LOL. Wenger won a double in 98. 99-01 he watched United win 3 titles back to back to back because he couldn't galvanize a double-winning team to win again. 02 Wenger wins another double. 2003, he watches A subpar United snatch the title from him after leading by 12 points. 04, Wenger goes unbeaten. Then he watches CFC win 2 titles over that unbeaten team. So my question to you is, why can't Wenger just repeat as a league champion seeing that he evidently had the best teams following his league winning years?

It is not easy to win 3 titles on the trot in 2 separate leagues. If we claim he inherited a good Bayern team (which he did, but the argument about Barca is thrash) can we agree that that Bayern team of 2013 was not the one of 2015 before he left? The point is, he was able to tweak things here and there to maintain a good squad for someone else to inherit and he repeated as champ convincingly each time. He did same with Barca even when RM kept changing managers and buying players. For that alone, he is better than Wenger. Reason: even if Wenger was able to win a league title with those teams (LOL). Wenger would have not won a second or third with either teams in close succession because his history tells us so.

The season is not over, till then we can't assess his performance with a city squad that most recently finished 4th. As it stands, Conte is the man of the year because his team is punching above their weights. But Pellegrini's city team that finished as champs in 2013 were third after 27 games. That is, 6 games after 21 games which is where the league is at today. Calm your horses.

I ask you simple question... You dey give me epistle... Will Wenger lift the Spanish and German league titles if he manage the same players Pep managed and would Pep do the same with arsenal...?!!!

Yes or No...

I assume the English I used is simple enough for your understanding...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Eruditor: 11:34pm On Jan 15, 2017
iPopAlomo:

I ask you simple question... You dey give me epistle... Will Wenger lift the Spanish and German league titles if he manage the same players Pep managed and would Pep do the same with arsenal...?!!!

Yes or No...

I assume the English I used is simple enough for your understanding...

He won't. That's the appropriate response to "would he?" Not yes or no. Simple enough even for you.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iPopAlomo(m): 8:47am On Jan 16, 2017
Eruditor:

He won't. That's the appropriate response to "would he?" Not yes or no. Simple enough even for you.

Haha... and Pep....?!!!

Clown... Even raumdeuter can't surpass this hate...
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 9:58am On Jan 16, 2017
diggz:

Oga.....what is more attractive than winning a league with the highest point?

I know your idea of beautiful footie is to pass upandan...! Mine is to win matches in any ruthless manner possible.

Fvck Wengay n fraudiola!

Everybody wants to win. How you win determines how good you are.

Win with any means- good

Win with attractive footie- better
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 10:00am On Jan 16, 2017
Eruditor:

Based on what you saw at a certain point this season Pochettino was not a good coach (UCL form); at another point Conte was not a good coach (LFC and AFC losses); At another point Mou was not a good coach either and now Pep is not.

The only problem with this is the hypotheticals. If X did not happen. If Y did not happen etc. Always wait for the league season to end then you can give your full assessment. In Pep's first league title we squandered a 12point lead to RM and where within 4 before we played them at Santiago. Bearing in mind, we had CFC away on the Tues (in a make or mar UCL semis).

What followed was a 6-2 thrashing of RM and a 1-1 draw at CFC. We ended up winning a treble and subsequently 6 trophies in a year span.

The message is: calm down, the season is not over. CFC look money for the title while the rest of the lot are scrambling for 2nd-4th. If it makes you happy, Wenger will not win the league with CFCs, City's, Tottenham or even Uniteds team. So how do you rate Wenger? If great, that's good because Pep is better than him.
I already said I like Pep because of his style. But his style only brings trophy if he has good quality players like he had at Barcelona.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by chrisley024(m): 10:01am On Jan 16, 2017
Spy360:

Win with any means- good

So where does Wenger belong?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Eruditor: 10:05am On Jan 16, 2017
iPopAlomo:

Haha... and Pep....?!!!

Clown... Even raumdeuter can't surpass this hate...

Leicester won't have won the league had Pep been managing AFC. He won't have bottled the league in 2007/08 when AFC finished 3rd with 83 points compared to CFCs 85 and Uniteds 87. Pep would have repeated as champ in 05 after the unbeaten year. He would have done so 2003 and 99 as well. In all these years mentioned please go and look at AFCs points compared to the winners at certain points. Wenger bottled the league in those years.

Don't get emotional on me. I am just calling it as I can see it. City have floundered this year and I am not making excuses for him or them. But this season is not over- not even close. Let us (you and the hating crew) ridicule him after 38 games not 21. That's all I am saying.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 10:17am On Jan 16, 2017
Eruditor:

The point is not comparing the Arsenal team of 04 to Bayern or Barca.

It is a give away to predict that Bayern would win the title in Germany.

Not so in England, that's the point.

You win Bundesliga with Bayern? So what?

The real test is here- EPL!

Thank goodness all the top coaches have assembled. Lets see how each fares.

At start of season the hype on Guardiola was unheard of. See predictions before season began...

http://m.bbc.com/sport/football/37040156

Out of 34,

18 pundits gave it to City simply because of Pep.

12 gave it to Man United just because of Mourinho

3 said Chelsea.

1 said Tottenham.

That's why I said Pep's got to win it else its all hype.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by diggz: 10:25am On Jan 16, 2017
Spy360:

Win with any means- good

Do you even know what football is all about? You think is to pass upandan with no purpose and call it attractive football abi?

Oga....I can see why you support arsssnal.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iPopAlomo(m): 11:00am On Jan 16, 2017
Eruditor:

Leicester won't have won the league had Pep been managing AFC. He won't have bottled the league in 2007/08 when AFC finished 3rd with 83 points compared to CFCs 85 and Uniteds 87. Pep would have repeated as champ in 05 after the unbeaten year. He would have done so 2003 and 99 as well. In all these years mentioned please go and look at AFCs points compared to the winners at certain points. Wenger bottled the league in those years.

Don't get emotional on me. I am just calling it as I can see it. City have floundered this year and I am not making excuses for him or them. But this season is not over- not even close. Let us (you and the hating crew) ridicule him after 38 games not 21. That's all I am saying.

Bookmarked!!! iPopAlomo...
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Evildoer: 11:14am On Jan 16, 2017
Spy360:

Win with any means- good

What rubbish is this one?
angry

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Evildoer: 11:16am On Jan 16, 2017
Spy360:

At start of season the hype on Guardiola was unheard of. See predictions before season began...

Out of 34,

3 said Chelsea.

1 said Tottenham.

Is W3ngays Assenal such a failure that no one deemed it fit to tip them?... grin grin grin

Ayam not understanding!

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Eruditor: 12:31pm On Jan 16, 2017
Spy360:

Out of 34,

3 said Chelsea.

1 said Tottenham.

To be fair to you I see your point. But the reality again is the pundits know more than us and they know why they voted MCFC. They could have made the same excuse everyone seems to be making now and claim he was overrated thus expecting another team bar city to win it but that was not the case. Let us assume CFC will win this one and Pep has 3 more years on his contract. If he wins the next 3 is it still hype? What about 2 of the next 3?

The fact is even if he goes on to win the title this season you guys would revert to saying City have the best squad or that he spent $180M.

As per Bundesliga, It is not a give away for Bayern to win the league in Germany oga. Did we not see Wolfsburg do Bayern yeye that year and put 5 behind them enroute to winning the league? Did we not see Dortmund go back to back? If we are going to make the same argument the EPL is the same. Since 1992 United winning the league has been a giveaway with Fergie winning 13 of them before leaving in 2013. I don't have the numbers but I reckon Bayern won about the same titles in the same time span.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 1:24pm On Jan 16, 2017
Eruditor:

To be fair to you I see your point. But the reality again is the pundits know more than us and they know why they voted MCFC. They could have made the same excuse everyone seems to be making now and claim he was overrated thus expecting another team bar city to win it but that was not the case. Let us assume CFC will win this one and Pep has 3 more years on his contract. If he wins the next 3 is it still hype? What about 2 of the next 3?

The fact is even if he goes on to win the title this season you guys would revert to saying City have the best squad or that he spent $180M.
The pundits gave their overwhelming support to Pep because of his achievements in Spain and Germany coupled with the quality of players he had, considering that Pelligrini finished 4th with the same group. They thought Pep was the king. What they fail to note was that England is a whole new test altogether. I think that must have affected Pep given the expectations.

If Pep wins the next 2 or 3 he is the best.

If we say City has the best squad should it surprise you? Personally I think that goes to United and Chelsea, considering the injuries at City.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 1:32pm On Jan 16, 2017
diggz:

Do you even know what football is all about? You think is to pass upandan with no purpose and call it attractive football abi?

Oga....I can see why you support arsssnal.
Na rubbish footie make Abramhamovic pursue Mourinho in 07.

He asked why fewer fans were attending Chelsea matches at Stamford Bridge compared to Arsenal matches at Emirates despite that Chelsea were back to back champions, both are in London and even Emirates is bigger.

When Mou tried to play attractive, Chelsea dropped to 7th position after about 10games. Mou got fired!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 1:36pm On Jan 16, 2017
Eruditor:

Your comparison is faulty because your are looking at isolated cases.

The best way to compare is to look at the table come end of season. Simple.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by diggz: 2:25pm On Jan 16, 2017
Spy360:

Na rubbish footie make Abramhamovic pursue Mourinho in 07.

He asked why fewer fans were attending Chelsea matches at Stamford Bridge compared to Arsenal matches at Emirates despite that Chelsea were back to back champions, both are in London and even Emirates is bigger.

When Mou tried to play attractive, Chelsea dropped to 7th position after about 10games. Mou got fired!

Keep lying to yourself maybe in your dreams it will become a reality or turn true.

Teams that play attractive footie win trophies. I rest my case.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 2:40pm On Jan 16, 2017
diggz:

Keep lying to yourself maybe in your dreams it will become a reality or turn true.

Teams that play attractive footie win trophies. I rest my case.
Any team can win trophies, but it is better with attractive football. I wonder how this is difficult to accept?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Evildoer: 10:25pm On Jan 16, 2017
Spy360:

Any team can win trophies, but it is better with attractive football. I wonder how this is difficult to accept?

This guy sef grin grin cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 10:58pm On Jan 16, 2017
Spy360:

lmao

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 10:59pm On Jan 16, 2017
Spy360:

If Pep had been coach of Valencia and not Barcelona, Leverkusen and not Bayern etc would he have won multiple titles?
It could be possible. But...

Based on what we are seeing now, I strongly doubt it.

Who is a better coach between Pep and Wenger
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 2:35am On Jan 17, 2017
sod09:
lmao

Evildoer:

This guy sef grin grin cheesy

Follow the discussion ndi iberibe sad

We are comparing teams that play attractive football to those that do not.

Mourinho's Chelsea didn't play attractive and still won trophies.

Pep's Barca played attractive and won trophies too.

So winning trophies is not based on whether you play attractive or not.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 2:36am On Jan 17, 2017
TRendlona:

Who is a better coach between Pep and Wenger
Like I said before, we will find out when season ends.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 7:18am On Jan 17, 2017
Spy360:

This doesn't determine the better coach. We all know Pep is the better coach
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by edoyad(m): 12:55pm On Jan 17, 2017
Spy360:

Picture already forming

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by eph12(m): 1:00pm On Jan 17, 2017
TRendlona:

This doesn't determine the better coach. We all know Pep is the better coach
I think I agree with spy. They're both in the same league right now so it shouldn't be difficult to determine who is better.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1011) (1012) (1013) (1014) (1015) (1016) (1017) ... (3496) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Akinbahm(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.