Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,814 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:24 AM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2519) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2318516 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2516) (2517) (2518) (2519) (2520) (2521) (2522) ... (3490) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by 50d33q: 5:18pm On Apr 02, 2022
Jodera:
He was doing his primary duty which was link up play and act as a false 9. If klopp really need a firing 9, he would have benched him for Origi who was a better goal scorers than him.

Klopp primary duty for firmino is different from what you're expecting from him grin
You mean you sat down with klopp and he told you these
Unbelievable shocked shocked
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 5:29pm On Apr 02, 2022
50d33q:

You mean you sat down with klopp and he told you these
Unbelievable shocked shocked
grin grin grin

His actions bro, actions!! grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 6:22pm On Apr 02, 2022
Omo... Mendy was thoroughly mended today...

The way Rudiger was celebrating that goal ehn not knowing na April fool

grin grin grin

Lesson of the day: Avoid bees .. Dem go sting you

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 6:23pm On Apr 02, 2022
Spy360:
Erickson's impact in Brentford is remarkable. He has lifted their quality 5notches up.
exactly..and he is not even at 100%
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by kodded(m): 8:20pm On Apr 02, 2022
It's so funny that arsenal got the best result today even without kicking a ball grin grin cheesy

1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 8:39pm On Apr 02, 2022
kodded:
It's so funny that arsenal got the best result today even without kicking a ball grin grin cheesy
I mean April is looking to good for us. I know crystal palace will be a tough nut to crack but if we win on Mon eh, we'll automatically cut that point to 2points.

What a great result for arsenal today grin
I just hope the boys will be motivated more

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 8:40pm On Apr 02, 2022
mostob:
Omo... Mendy was thoroughly mended today...

The way Rudiger was celebrating that goal ehn not knowing na April fool

grin grin grin

Lesson of the day: Avoid bees .. Dem go sting you
Na even Eriksen laugh dey make me laff grin

It's as if he knew the disaster that's about to befall Chelsea and he's already laughing beforehand grin

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by 50d33q: 8:54pm On Apr 02, 2022
I am not comfortable with eriksen playing, I feel players are handling him with care with tackles and all.
Who approved his coming back to football angry angry
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 9:02pm On Apr 02, 2022
50d33q:
I am not comfortable with eriksen playing, I feel players are handling him with care with tackles and all.
i thought I was the only one who noticed this. He was playing too cautiously and opponents don't go hard on him anytime he has the ball.
My brother, it's a hard decision to stop doing what you love most so let him carry on.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 9:02pm On Apr 02, 2022
Jodera:
Na even Eriksen laugh dey make me laff grin

It's as if he knew the disaster that's about to befall Chelsea and he's already laughing beforehand grin
grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by 50d33q: 9:05pm On Apr 02, 2022
mostob:
i thought I was the only one who noticed this. He was playing too cautiously and opponents don't go hard on him anytime he has the ball.
My brother, it's a hard decision to stop doing what you love most so let him carry on.
But it's at opponents disadvantage because we all know his quality
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 9:41pm On Apr 02, 2022
50d33q:

But it's at opponents disadvantage because we all know his quality
You're right. They will be reluctant to tackle him yet he is dangerous.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 11:07pm On Apr 02, 2022
Choose a Front Three...
Me:Sanchez Henry Pires

The energy is going to be lethal. All three are energy and fierce.

Happy New Month Gunners!!

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 3:41am On Apr 03, 2022
Jodera:
That's the thing, we don't have that time to give him now. We don't have that luxury. Except of course Laca gets injured

If he wants it now, he needs to do the extraordinary
We can't give him 10extra minutes but we want to sign strikers for 60m. The extra minutes he is requesting for which are wasted by Laca
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 5:31am On Apr 03, 2022
50d33q:

I feel exactly the same way too....watching how players hug him and shake hands with him pre-match and even post-match since he joined Brentford and even during the international break where he scored, the thing just dey somehow.

It just seems everybody is under an unwritten oath to avoid going hard on him; nobody wants to be the reason he's back in the hospital. I remeber his near clash with Williams of Norwich, the boy had to quickly changed his mind from going physical with him after discovering he was the one who fouled him in an unconventional way. Players like Xhaka wey him head dey touch go don grab am for throat choke am before he even find out him identity grin

I think Brentford are using his weakness as their strength presently. Like u said, we all know his quality and allowing such player breathing space cos of his health history is disadvantage to the opposing teams. But I think from next season players no go send am again, especially now that we can all see he score, assist and make some devastating runs to the detriment of Ur own team.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 7:34am On Apr 03, 2022
daveP:
Choose a Front Three...

Me: Sanchez Henry Van Persie.

Creativity, fluidity, balance, goals galore grin

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Unlimited22: 7:37am On Apr 03, 2022
daveP:
Choose a Front Three...

Not a gunner but I shaa know Alexis and Thierry will be part of the three
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 7:39am On Apr 03, 2022
Spy360:

We can't give him 10extra minutes but we want to sign strikers for 60m. The extra minutes he is requesting for which are wasted by Laca
Exactly, that's to tell you the bolded that even Arteta doesn't trust him in this critical time the way you do.

10mins is much in football especially if we want to see out a game. It's the main reason why ESR is always the first to come on cos he's the most trusted among him, Pepe and Nketiah. It's another reason why they won't extend his contract except he agrees to become 2nd or 3rd choice
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by 50d33q: 9:20am On Apr 03, 2022
BlueRayDick:

I feel exactly the same way too....watching how players hug him and shake hands with him pre-match and even post-match since he joined Brentford and even during the international break where he scored, the thing just dey somehow.

It just seems everybody is under an unwritten oath to avoid going hard on him; nobody wants to be the reason he's back in the hospital. I remeber his near clash with Williams of Norwich, the boy had to quickly changed his mind from going physical with him after discovering he was the one who fouled him in an unconventional way. Players like Xhaka wey him head dey touch go don grab am for throat choke am before he even find out him identity grin

I think Brentford are using his weakness as their strength presently. Like u said, we all know his quality and allowing such player breathing space cos of his health history is disadvantage to the opposing teams. But I think from next season players no go send am again, especially now that we can all see he score, assist and make some devastating runs to the detriment of Ur own team.
Now this is what I mean, like you said I watched his clash with William if the boy had reacted somehow they will blame the boy for not going easy on him
His health issue will now be a case of blackmail
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 10:56am On Apr 03, 2022
50d33q:

Now this is what I mean, like you said I watched his clash with William if the boy had reacted somehow they will blame the boy for not going easy on him
His health issue will now be a case of blackmail

I don’t think it is intentional, rather it is natural human reaction and with time it will phase out.

Remember when Raul Jimenez fractured his skull after a clash with Luiz in 2020? He was out for nearly a year and when he returned, he was given the same preference by opponents and even referees but today, nobody send again. The same happened with P. Cech.

As Erickson plays more games, players will adapt and the spirit of competition will take over. Give it time, it will go away. It is naturally instinctive for humans to react that way in response to an incident but as time goes, it changes.

Science has made a lot of things possible. Remember the F. Muamba incident when he suffered a similar cardiac arrest on the pitch? He chose not to return to competitive football after that incident. Could he have returned if he wanted? I think so but it was his personal decision.

No worry from next season, nobody go send Erickson again.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by 50d33q: 11:47am On Apr 03, 2022
Roland17:

I don’t think it is intentional, rather it is natural human reaction and with time it will phase out.

Remember when Raul Jimenez fractured his skull after a clash with Luiz in 2020? He was out for nearly a year and when he returned, he was given the same preference by opponents and even referees but today, nobody send again. The same happened with P. Cech.

As Erickson plays more games, players will adapt and the spirit of competition will take over. Give it time, it will go away. It is naturally instinctive for humans to react that way in response to an incident but as time goes, it changes.

Science has made a lot of things possible. Remember the F. Muamba incident when he suffered a similar cardiac arrest on the pitch? He chose not to return to competitive football after that incident. Could he have returned if he wanted? I think so but it was his personal decision.

No worry from next season, nobody go send Erickson again.
Nobody wan send am go hospital again him wife no go forgive the person
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 1:31pm On Apr 03, 2022
50d33q:

Nobody wan send am go hospital again him wife no go forgive the person

A 2nd cardiac arrest may be fatal, those things are no jokes. Him own medical screening before match day na like times 2-3. He easily could have died that day if his team mate (can’t remember his name) did not raise alarm immediately after throwing the ball to him. Being able to identify he was in distress was significant because na seconds dey count from there on.

As tough as players form on the field, they have soft sides and respect each other because of amount of work it takes to become a professional worth more, a professional playing at the highest stage.

Also, players now undergo trainings that help them identify distressed situations on the field and emergency response have become more attentive, responsive and faster.

Referees including 2 assistants and 4th officials are constantly observing all 22 players for signs of distress. Watch referees and you would see how much their work has evolved over the last 2-3 years.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 4:06pm On Apr 03, 2022
Jodera:
Exactly, that's to tell you the bolded that even Arteta doesn't trust him in this critical time the way you do.

10mins is much in football especially if we want to see out a game. It's the main reason why ESR is always the first to come on cos he's the most trusted among him, Pepe and Nketiah. It's another reason why they won't extend his contract except he agrees to become 2nd or 3rd choice
Off course he has to be 3rd choice not even 2nd. angry
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Lush100(m): 5:13pm On Apr 03, 2022
Newcastle on the beat

And then allowed Spurs to score 4 goals.

Despite that COYG!!!!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 6:54pm On Apr 03, 2022
Just look at Newcastle embarrassing themselves, thinking dey are doing us angry We must get all 3 points tomorrow, every game has consequences now.
#COYG
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by 50d33q: 7:06am On Apr 04, 2022
Roland17:
Just look at Newcastle embarrassing themselves, thinking dey are doing us angry We must get all 3 points tomorrow, every game has consequences now.
#COYG
I don't understand how clubs below us will win and suddenly put us in pressure, I guess it's because they have played more
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by 50d33q: 7:09am On Apr 04, 2022
Saliba said he need guarantee he will be playing some games and will be on bench instead of playing for reserves.
He just threw a shot directly at arteta and I am interested in how he will react
Honestly I see nothing wrong in what he said he's a lad that know what he wants and he want to fight for it
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by johnjunior39(m): 8:20am On Apr 04, 2022
50d33q:
Saliba said he need guarantee he will be playing some games and will be on bench instead of playing for reserves.
He just threw a shot directly at arteta and I am interested in how he will react
Honestly I see nothing wrong in what he said he's a lad that know what he wants and he want to fight for it

He will definitely get enough game time,I will ask same questions too nothing diplomatic about it or beating around the Bush. Leaving a place you are valued play week in week out. I understand him but I feel arsenal players should help him integrate too. Is more than just the coach here. We are just left with Holding and the other Greek on loan , Champions league(amen) , domestic cups, he will definitely play

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by johnjunior39(m): 8:22am On Apr 04, 2022
Some how somehow this 4th place is strictly Arsenal Vs Tottenham clash.

I see arsenal winning today sha cos Tottenham winning is enough motivation. As it is now,we need to one atleast one outstanding game.

For now is Palace very tricky match but common you gunners!!!!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 10:23am On Apr 04, 2022
johnjunior39:
Some how somehow this 4th place is strictly Arsenal Vs Tottenham clash.

I see arsenal winning today sha cos Tottenham winning is enough motivation. As it is now,we need to one atleast one outstanding game.

For now is Palace very tricky match but common you gunners!!!!
it might be looking like it, but I'm not writing off West ham just yet.

Tonight's match is really a Banana peel fixture, I'm just hoping we overcome. I read Ramsdale did full training with the squad, I just hope he is able to feature.

We need all 3 points from now on o, like I told Spy last week na Conte I dey fear pass. Him no go allow us rest
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 10:26am On Apr 04, 2022
50d33q:
Nothing Wrong in what he says and I think Arteta will integrate him next season esp as we need squad depth plus five subs.

If he plays in reserves which I doubt then I would wonder how Arteta rates him
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 12:10pm On Apr 04, 2022
50d33q:
He needs to shut up if he ever hopes of playing for Arsenal.

I hate it when players talk like this, what guarantee?

The only guarantee he will get is what others are getting and that is competition. Fight for your shirt or get out.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2516) (2517) (2518) (2519) (2520) (2521) (2522) ... (3490) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.