Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,098 members, 7,818,286 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:59 AM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2717) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2317073 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2714) (2715) (2716) (2717) (2718) (2719) (2720) ... (3490) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Arsenate(m): 4:27pm On Aug 23, 2022
iamoyindamola:

No issue then but we still need replacement for partey too
Players of Partey's profile, i.e lone 6 capable of playing the role at close to elite level, are hot cakes on the market. Few available ones are in the hands of top teams. Few others that are almost as good would go for astronomical fees e.g. Calvin Phillips went for 45 million pounds.
We are no oil club to pay those fees for a back up, lol.
The club probably feels Elneny could do a job for now, along with a change of system, while they scout for a hidden gem (we just missed out on Moises Caicedo). Sambi is also seen as a 6 in the future.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 4:31pm On Aug 23, 2022
Arsenate:

Players of Partey's profile, i.e lone 6 capable of playing the role at close to elite level, are hot cakes on the market. Few available ones are in the hands of top teams. Few others that are almost as good would go for astronomical fees e.g. Calvin Phillips went for 45 million pounds.
We are no oil club to pay those fees for a back up, lol.
The club probably feels Elneny could do a job for now, along with a change of system, while they scout for a hidden gem (we just missed out on Moises Caicedo). Sambi is also seen as a 6 in the future.

The brighton guy right
We should do swap deal angrywith sambi jare
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 4:37pm On Aug 23, 2022
Arsenate:

Never said better, only said Wolves rate Neto higher. They believe he has a higher ceiling.
Ok. But I totally agree about the quality he can bring. He will be a great competition for Saka.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Arsenate(m): 4:38pm On Aug 23, 2022
iamoyindamola:

The brighton guy right
Brighton will just laugh their asses if we propose that. He's going to be their next 50+ million pounds sale.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 4:38pm On Aug 23, 2022
iamoyindamola:

The brighton guy right
You need to be calming down grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by ObaIgwe1: 4:40pm On Aug 23, 2022
iamoyindamola:
I like this new rule on europa and conference league
Runner up in europa will face third place ucl in a 2 legged play off while third place in europa will face runner up in conference league
Meaning 1st place in Ucl, Europa and conference league will resume the competition in march
Unlike before 1st place in europa and conference join in round of 32

I don't understand

Please break it down to my elementary level...no vex, I want to understand the gist.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Arsenate(m): 4:42pm On Aug 23, 2022
Spy360:

Ok. But I totally agree about the quality he can bring. He will be a great competition for Saka.
Yeah. Can't be having Saka playing 50 games a season. The young man just played his 100 EPL games and is still just 20.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 4:46pm On Aug 23, 2022
ObaIgwe1:

I don't understand

Please break it down to my elementary level...no vex, I want to understand the gist.
let me start with ucl
1 and 2 enter round of 16
3rd place enter play-off with 2nd of europa instead of the normal round of 32 we use to have
Winner join the 1st in each groups for a draw in round of 16
3rd in europa enter play-off with 2nd in conference league instead of the round of 32
Winner face off with group winner for round of 16 draw
Do you understand it now

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
How does the group work?
All the group winners will progress straight into the round of 16, which is due to take place on 9 and 16 March.

The second-placed teams go into a play-off round on 16 and 23 February, where they will face off against the eight teams that finished third in the UEFA Champions League groups to earn the right to reach the round of 16.

The third-placed teams drop into the UEFA Europa Conference League, where they will face the group runners-up from that competition in the play-off round, also on the 16 and 23 February.

Anyone finishing fourth will be eliminated from European competition.

gotten from arsenal site
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 4:59pm On Aug 23, 2022
iamoyindamola:
I like this new rule on europa and conference league
Runner up in europa will face third place ucl in a 2 legged play off while third place in europa will face runner up in conference league
Meaning 1st place in Ucl, Europa and conference league will resume the competition in march
Unlike before 1st place in europa and conference join in round of 32
So you mean for Europa League, the winners of each group plays round of 16 straight. No round of 32 for them abi?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 5:00pm On Aug 23, 2022
Jodera:
So you mean for Europa League, the winners of each group plays round of 16 straight. No round of 32 for them abi?
Yes sir
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 5:01pm On Aug 23, 2022
iamoyindamola:

let me start with ucl
3rd place enter play-off with 2nd of europa instead of the normal round of 32 we use to have
3rd in europa enter play-off with 2nd in conference league instead of the round of 32
Do you understand it now

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
How does the group work?
All the group winners will progress straight into the round of 16, which is due to take place on 9 and 16 March.

The second-placed teams go into a play-off round on 16 and 23 February, where they will face off against the eight teams that finished third in the UEFA Champions League groups to earn the right to reach the round of 16.

The third-placed teams drop into the UEFA Europa Conference League, where they will face the group runners-up from that competition in the play-off round, also on the 16 and 23 February.

gotten from arsenal site
Oh nice.
It's now well explained. Make sense diee

At least 2 less games if one tops the group
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 5:05pm On Aug 23, 2022
Arsenate:

Yeah. Can't be having Saka playing 50 games a season. The young man just played his 100 EPL games and is still just 20.

We were lucky he didn't suffer serious injuries. We can't afford to take that risk this season
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by ObaIgwe1: 5:10pm On Aug 23, 2022
iamoyindamola:

let me start with ucl
Do you understand it now

How does the group work?

gotten from arsenal site

Thank you very much!

I got it now. Good one.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 5:11pm On Aug 23, 2022
iamoyindamola:

let me start with ucl
Do you understand it now

How does the group work?

gotten from arsenal site
Thanks for this.

I support this format with two trucks of Amstel malt.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 5:14pm On Aug 23, 2022
My Opinion!!

With the way Elneny signed an extension and how he performed last season during Partey's absence last season, I don't think the club is looking for any Partey replacement for now. Highest he'll form a double pivot with Xhaka. I no dey put my mind for any incoming Partey's deputy.

As for the Neto deal, Omo I'm beginning to doubt we can pull that off. Read he has 5yrs in his deal which expires 2027. If they can sell Average Gibbs-White for 40m+, I doubt they'll listen to 50m for a more highly rated Neto with at least 2years EPL top flight experience. Maybe the club is just using that to deflect attention for another signing underground (like in Viera case) to prevent hijacking (which is a theme presently) or they're just doing fans longer throat grin. I believe in the former

As for Tielemans, I don't know whether we're seriously in for him or not. I guess deadline day will make things clearer in this case but if I'm to pick a guess, I would say we might not sign him this summer.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 5:33pm On Aug 23, 2022
Jodera:
Oh nice.
It's now well explained. Make sense diee

At least 2 less games if one tops the group
Yes
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by ObaIgwe1: 5:34pm On Aug 23, 2022
Spy360:

We were lucky he didn't suffer serious injuries. We can't afford to take that risk this season

True True....

This is the time to get most of the players and backup we need, we should milk as much as we can from Kroenke this season, because I expect things to change from next season with this new UEFA Financial Fair Play rule that comes to effect from next season, which limits Clubs to spending only a percentage of their income on transfers and salaries.

As I see it, the effects of free Arab oil money and Sugar daddy money is gradually coming to an end...
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 5:34pm On Aug 23, 2022
Jodera:
My Opinion!!

With the way Elneny signed an extension and how he performed last season during Partey's absence last season, I don't think the club is looking for any Partey replacement for now. Highest he'll form a double pivot with Xhaka. I no dey put my mind for any incoming Partey's deputy.

As for the Neto deal, Omo I'm beginning to doubt we can pull that off. Read he has 5yrs in his deal which expires 2027. If they can sell Average Gibbs-White for 40m+, I doubt they'll listen to 50m for a more highly rated Neto with at least 2years EPL top flight experience. Maybe the club is just using that to deflect attention for another signing underground (like in Viera case) to prevent hijacking (which is a theme presently) or they're just doing fans longer throat grin. I believe in the former

As for Tielemans, I don't know whether we're seriously in for him or not. I guess deadline day will make things clearer in this case but if I'm to pick a guess, I would say we might not sign him this summer.
Gibbs white is/was 25m
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 5:45pm On Aug 23, 2022
We are been investigated by uefa for financial fair play
I knew that useless Pepe deal will come back to haunt us

But thunder fire uefa if city, Chelsea, man utd, lfc and PSG no they
Barca na number 1 grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 5:55pm On Aug 23, 2022
iamoyindamola:

Gibbs white is/was 25m
Oh .. okayy. Thought I read 40 something somewhere
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Parrie(m): 8:43pm On Aug 23, 2022
kokaneprodigy:
This match further puts the argument of defense wins you league to rest.
Liverpool is depleted in midfield and attack, hence VVD has been chopping goals at a bigger rate than Mustafi and Luiz combined.

Defense wins you league indeed.

Liverpool is yet to get a win this season, conceded 4 goals as at now.

Bro e too early for this vawlence grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 9:06pm On Aug 23, 2022
What a difference three years can make!

Image on the left : Our starting line-up
December 2019 - 1-1 at Bournemouth

Image on the right : Our starting line-up August 2022 - 3-0 at Bournemouth

Only Granit Xhaka and Bukayo Saka remain.

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 7:23am On Aug 24, 2022
Man utd spent 70m on casemiro shocked shocked
30 yo what a panick buy
How many good years can he give
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Arsenate(m): 8:30am On Aug 24, 2022
iamoyindamola:
Man utd spent 70m on casemiro shocked shocked
30 yo what a panick buy
How many good years can he give
Can't say for certain, but with improvement in sport science (diet and medicine) we are increasingly seeing more players play right into their mid to late thirties. Player's personality, professionalism and unquenchable thirst for success are also determinant factors.

They could probably get 3 good years at least.

Shows how elite 6s are highly valuable/sought after and why Partey is probably the most important player in our team/system. His replacement of equal quality or there about is going to cost the club much more than 100 million pounds in transfer fees and wages.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 9:51am On Aug 24, 2022
Arsenate:

Can't say for certain, but with improvement in sport science (diet and medicine) we are increasingly seeing more players play right into their mid to late thirties. Player's personality, professionalism and unquenchable thirst for success are also determinant factors.

They could probably get 3 good years at least.

Shows how elite 6s are highly valuable/sought after and why Partey is probably the most important player in our team/system. His replacement of equal quality or there about is going to cost the club much more than 100 million pounds in transfer fees and wages.
3 years for 70m transfer market is becoming worst
We are still complaining about partey's fitness
EPL is highly intense for a 30 yo DM to be running around
Look at kante his juice is drying up, city helped fernandinho because of their all round pressing and ball possession
It will be interesting to see how he cope sha
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 2:59pm On Aug 24, 2022
Jodera:
My Opinion!!

Exactly my thoughts.

Edu and Arteta started dragging leg on Tielemans deal after Lo kk Inga shined in that no 8 role during preseason. They now consider Xhaka as the main guy and him as backup, at least for now.

Also, Elneny's performance last season surprised many and Arteta became more willing to fortify other areas like LB and RW.

I think the priority now is a RW. Pepe has not impressed the coach and time is running out.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 3:00pm On Aug 24, 2022
iamoyindamola:

Gibbs white is/was 25m
It's actually 42m to Nott Forest

Cc Jodera
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 3:05pm On Aug 24, 2022
iamoyindamola:

3 years for 70m transfer market is becoming worst
We are still complaining about partey's fitness
EPL is highly intense for a 30 yo DM to be running around
Look at kante his juice is drying up, city helped fernandinho because of their all round pressing and ball possession
It will be interesting to see how he cope sha
The question is what does Casemiro stand to lose? Nothing. He has won everything at Real Madrid as a main player. Once he is back from the World Cup na to dey use everybody dey catch cruise. The guy wants to cash out and Ancelotti knows. Even Real use the opportunity collect better money.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 3:07pm On Aug 24, 2022
Spy360:

The question is what does Casemiro stand to lose? Nothing. He has won everything at Real Madrid as a main player. Once he is back from the World Cup na to dey use everybody dey catch cruise. The guy wants to cash out and Ancelotti knows. Even Real use the opportunity collect better money.
That is why i said panick buy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 3:15pm On Aug 24, 2022
iamoyindamola:

That is why i said panick buy
Sure. I wish it will haunt them quickly
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 6:32pm On Aug 24, 2022
Spy360:

Exactly my thoughts.

Edu and Arteta started dragging leg on Tielemans deal after Lo kk Inga shined in that no 8 role during preseason. They now consider Xhaka as the main guy and him as backup, at least for now.

Also, Elneny's performance last season surprised many and Arteta became more willing to fortify other areas like LB and RW.

I think the priority now is a RW. Pepe has not impressed the coach and time is running out.
I swear... I'm now doubting that Tielemans deal unlike before that I have confidence. Maybe they wanted to bring Tielemans to compete with Xhaka but with Xhaka form and preseason and the way Lokonga impressed then they didn't see his deal as that important again. Make we dey watch sha.

This Pepe to Nice deal don dey linger too much oo. Make e dey official so dat we go see road say Right winger dey come
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 6:49pm On Aug 24, 2022
Spy360:

It's actually 42m to Nott Forest

Cc Jodera
Ehen, I know I saw somewhere that it was 40 something million. Thanks for the heads up cool

(1) (2) (3) ... (2714) (2715) (2716) (2717) (2718) (2719) (2720) ... (3490) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.