Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,548 members, 7,955,036 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 03:05 PM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (418) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2451279 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (415) (416) (417) (418) (419) (420) (421) ... (3655) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 3:49am On Sep 17, 2014
The following players need a sabbatical from this team, they need to be benched..

Aaron Ramsey...yes I mentioned Ramsey..Rosicky would do a better job, I am more than convinced, I have advocated this particular change for the longest time..

Wojciech Szczesny..horrendous start to the season, awful ball timing, decision making and positioning, please and please let's see what Ospina can do..

Mesut Ozil..has lost every iota of motivation and drive, he needs to speak to someone he trusts about his problems..abeg whoever this person is, let's find him so Mesut can open up..
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Dhellake: 4:42am On Sep 17, 2014
^^^ if not for Scezny ehn, you guys would be in the relegation zone
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by diggz: 5:11am On Sep 17, 2014
ElFenomeno1:

You father is the useless basta.rd..... bloody di..ckhead son of a fu...ckslut!

Guess who's done from the banana sulking and is Ikebe ramming session ? Yea u guessed rite....ArseShitnonino1 tongue
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 7:49am On Sep 17, 2014
edi287:
I tire for wenger...this guy still thinks this is 98 or something. Don't know why he hasn't used rosicky or poldi this season...
I can also suggest so, we need a change of personel eg Campbell, Diaby, Poldi, Rosicky,etc but then it is Arsene who sees them during training.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mbulela: 12:47pm On Sep 17, 2014
naijababe: fredoooo, na your post i dey wait to.
Dortmund don nack una akpako grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mikeywise(m): 2:06pm On Sep 17, 2014
Assnal training this morning after yesterday's defeat to Borussia Dortmund

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by 4llerbuntu(m): 6:03pm On Sep 17, 2014
how many passengers can a team carry at a go?

Ozil
Ramsey
Arteta
Welbeck/Sanogo

haba that's 7 v 11 already.

funny thing is even if the others are excused for varying reasons, Ozil has no redeeming excuse. u cannot be bigger than your team. if your position is occupied then sit on the bench.

Wenger own much sha
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by 4llerbuntu(m): 6:19pm On Sep 17, 2014
In 1993 cult film Groundhog Day, Bill Murray's
character Phil wakes up to live the same day
over and again. At first it's fun, interesting, but
the novelty soon wears off and Phil tires of his
monotonous daily existence. In one memorably
deadpan montage, things get so bad that he
starts finding new ways to end his own life. He
jumps off a church ledge, steps out in front of
a van, and takes a toaster to the bath - but
each time the alarm goes at 6am the next
morning and Phil wakes up with the same
Sonny and Cher song playing on the radio. "I
got you babe".

Only 36 hours after transfer deadline day and Arsenal fans (of which I am one) would be
forgiven for wondering whether they are
trapped inside their very own Groundhog Day.
Another new season is already being marked
by the same old stories. First, an injury crisis
ahead of the key Champions League qualifier
against Besiktas (which they went on to win,
entering European football's premier
competition for the 17th straight season). And
now, the transfer window closes in sneakingly
anti-climactic fashion.

Yes, Alexis Sanchez is the type of signing that
gets fans renewing season tickets; yes, Mathieu Debuchy , Calum Chambers and David Ospina all appear reasonable replacements for exiting stars. And yes, eve the capture of Danny Welbeck may turn out to be a masterstroke. But where was the
incoming midfield muscle that Arsenal have
lacked since Alex Song hastened his own
departure to Barcelona over two years ago?
Where were the reinforcements that the team's
paper thin defence so palpably needs? What
happened to all those nearly almost completed
deals?

The sneaking suspicion is that after showing
early intent, Arsene Wenger and Arsenal have
failed to keep up with the 'Top 4 Joneses'
during yet another transfer window. It's like
the alarm has ticked over to 6am and the
same story is about to happen all over again.
Nine predictions for the next nine
months...

1. September to October - A solid start raises
early season hopes. Despite their
underwhelming first three games to this year's
season, Arsenal traditionally start well: they've
been in the top four by the end of October
five times in the last seven years.
The early season promise reached its zenith
last year, when Aaron Ramsey ran amok in
September and October to propel Arsenal to
the top of the table nine games in. That's not
to say that the 2013-14 campaign turned out
any differently to the normal Groundhog
Season, however.

2. October to November - Squad limitations
become apparent. Arsenal's longstanding
issue
with big teams continues. They struggle to
assert themselves against Manchester United
and Borussia Dortmund, while Chelsea enjoy a
comfortable victory at Stamford Bridge, where
Cesc Fabregas artfully bulldozes Mikel Arteta
in midfield Outmuscling: Former captain Cesc Fabregas could prove too strong for Mikel Arteta

3. December - Results improve as the transfer
window beckons. Arsenal are linked with a
host
of names during the month, including Sami
Khedira , William Carvalho, Adrien Rabiot ,
and every other deep-lying midfielder who
looks like he could beat Arteta in an arm
wrestle. But the month's opposition - including
Southampton, Newcastle, QPR and West Ham -
prove little problem for Arsenal, and Wenger
insists in his post-match interviews that he is
happy with his squad and is only interested in
bringing in "top, top quality".
December also sees the return of Wenger's
famed 15 tog Michelin Man coat.
Keeping warm: Arsene Wenger will dig out
his 15-tog sleeping bag in December

4. January - Wenger announces 'signing' as
the
transfer window closes. While his top four
opponents add to their squads, Wenger speaks
only of how much he dislikes the January
transfer window. Midway through the month,
Arsenal travel to Manchester City in a game
that's billed - somewhat hopefully - as a test
of
their title credentials. They lose.
When asked about the possibility of new
signings after the game, Wenger says that the
return of Oliver Giroud, now recovered from
his broken ankle, is "like a new signing". It's
not - and it wouldn't be the defensive-minded
signing the team needs anyway - but no
matter. We've been here before and, most
likely, we'll be here again.
Returning: Olivier Giroud will be back in
January and like a 'new signing'

5. February - Injuries take their toll. After
playing two 90-minute games a week since
early September, Alexis Sanchez, Mesut Ozil
and Aaron Ramsey suffer the first in what turns
out to be a series of muscular problems that
effectively curtail their seasons.

6. March - Arsenal go out of the Champions
League. Having finished second in their group
to Borussia Dortmund, Arsenal draw Bayern
Munich in the Round of 16. They lose, exiting
the competition at the same stage for the fifth
straight year in a row.

7. April - Flat track bullies get flattened.
Arsenal's annual spring implosion coincides
with the visits of Liverpool and Chelsea, who
take advantage of an injury-ravaged squad
that
visibly lacks confidence. Expect tennis-style
scorelines.
Mathieu Flamini is suspended for either one or
both of these games, having picked up a
yellow
card in every one of his previous 10 substitute
appearances.

8. April to May - The Emirates empties. With
every passing home game, the number of
empty red seats grows, spreading like chicken
pox through the crowd....but Arsenal continue
to announce attendances of over 59,000.
Dejected: An early Champions League finish
could feature in March

9. May - Arsenal finish fourth in the Premier
League. The club has now finished either third
or fourth for 10 seasons in a row (seven
fourths, three thirds).

They qualify for the Champions League for the
18th straight season.
As the team complete their lap of honour and
thanks in their final home game of the season,
'I Got You Babe' plays out over the tannoy at
the Emirates.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 7:07pm On Sep 17, 2014
`Ashley Young and Anderson are still available...
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by debosky(m): 10:12pm On Sep 17, 2014
Forget Ozil/Ramsey and even Welbeck - their attacking flaws can be excused.

It's Arteta, Kos and Per that need flogging. Atrocious all game long, and due to Wenger's idiocy we don't have any replacements for them (Flamini was injured too).

Small mercies that very, very few teams will be able to muster the intensity of BvB from yesterday.

The main concern is whether these CBs will improve with no replacements. . .

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by debosky(m): 10:14pm On Sep 17, 2014
@ 4uller - nothing groundhog about this season - we've not played well aside for 30 mins in the Citeh game. In the typical seasons we'd have won 3/4 games by now.

Disappointing so far, but all to play for.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 12:13am On Sep 18, 2014
Make I no lie una.. until Gibbs, Walcott n Debuchy returns, I ain't watching arsenal game rill further notice.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by pickabeau1: 12:20am On Sep 18, 2014
grin

Groundhog day..

Doing the same thing annually yet expecting a different result...... Hmmmmmmm
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 12:48am On Sep 18, 2014
While I must not fail to concur on assertions and criticism heavied on Per, Kos, Ramsey, Ozil and WS1, I refuse to be baited into the pool against M. Arteta.

Let's be honest with ourselves here, most of us here I want to give a benefit of a doubt watched Arteta at Everton before he joined us, he is a skiled ball passer especially short passes that build up attacks, he could read the game and did not lack self motivation jumping off the tunnel into the pitch, his pace was very much arguable but the one obvious skill he lacks which needs no soothsayer to predict is his physical presence.

During the summer of 2011, Wenger plucks Arteta at the age of 29 from Everton and has asked this man to play the holding role position, to sit deeper for a fluid team like our dear Arsenal that loves to keep possession and gradually build offense... with possession, on the offensive, Arteta is a beast considering our style of play suits his passing abilities especially short passes not so much for long passes and intelligence, the problem is, without possession and defending, Arteta becomes a liability, his inability to physically dominate the midfield makes him tackle wrongly and thus some silly cautions including reds have occurred..

The expectations and player skill do not match, Arteta is not the second coming of Viera, until Wenger gives up or the Academy helps build a prospect in that position I have no business critizing a helpless man who is being played out of position..

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by liveLongNprospa(m): 4:05am On Sep 18, 2014
As I will always say ARSENAL'S PROBLEM IS WENGER!!!! All dese Una analysis of fit nd unfit players nor be d issue...nor be bvb carry injury blessed club play una like dat...give man u to Wenger...he'll bang all d players till dey start playing like ozil!!!... Make una dey here dey complain...mk Una nor go find way hit d French ode wif Edo jazz... Useless coach #LOS BLANCOS 4 LIFE grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by 4llerbuntu(m): 9:15am On Sep 18, 2014
anyway its the performances i'm concerned about.........

As it stands, We lost, Man City lost.

Shebi City has better squad........... tell u its not always simplistic about buying players.

I have always maintained that i believe Wenger ought to get better performances out of these players that he has....
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by ajibawealt(m): 10:31am On Sep 18, 2014
Our problem is in the midfield and until Wenger fixed that problem, I'm not expecting a good outing from the team this season.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by raumdeuter: 6:23pm On Sep 18, 2014
What a hopeless club

4 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Olaolufred(m): 6:43pm On Sep 18, 2014
raumdeuter: What a hopeless club

THE STATS SHOWS ARSENAL IS IN POO.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by barackohandso(m): 6:44pm On Sep 18, 2014
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by fredoooooo: 9:24pm On Sep 18, 2014
barackohandso: Lol

Wenger: Ronaldo my biggest regret

He's sick grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by akpos4uall(m): 9:36pm On Sep 18, 2014
What a margin

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by barackohandso(m): 9:38pm On Sep 18, 2014
fredoooooo:

He's sick grin grin

Obviously grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by coded01: 2:21am On Sep 19, 2014
liveLongNprospa: As I will always say ARSENAL'S PROBLEM IS WENGER!!!! All dese Una analysis of fit nd unfit players nor be d issue...nor be bvb carry injury blessed club play una like dat... give man u to Wenger...he'll bang all d players till dey start playing like ozil!!!... Make una dey here dey complain...mk Una nor go find way hit d French ode wif Edo jazz... Useless coach #LOS BLANCOS 4 LIFE grin

Smh... grin grin grin --- honestly, wetin concern Man Utd for this matter na? grin

Man Utd is already............ grin --- I no talk oh! tongue

Like you rightly said, the problem of Arsenal is Wenger! angry --- And as for Ozil, i don't know what happened to him since his move from Spain to England! lipsrsealed --- The guy don turn "indomie"... grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by coded01: 7:51am On Sep 19, 2014
https://www.nairaland.com/1910089/wenger-desperate-sign-joseph-yobo

Wenger bids for Yobo & Lugano... shocked grin

Not a joke... grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by debosky(m): 4:04pm On Sep 19, 2014
Utter nonsense - firstly Wenger isn't looking for any defenders at the moment and secondly, you don't bid for player who are free agents.

From today's press conference it sounds like subtle tactical changes are being made to give better performance against the top teams. One might say it worked on Saturday but failed on Sunday.

Also on the Ozil vs no 10 issue Wenger has said if you look at his heat maps he is free to play all across the midfield. His heat map from the Citeh game partly supports that.

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by fredoooooo: 5:47pm On Sep 19, 2014
Coach Debosky , i guess that heat map is from musiwa tongue grin
Naijababe !!!!!!!!!!!!! You people don ready to eat una ila alasepo this weekend , na draw sure pass ... baba ijebu things ( 2 sure) .. grin grin
Yeye team grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by debosky(m): 9:44pm On Sep 19, 2014
Fredooo no worry, you go collect your own beating soon enough. tongue
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Ibime(m): 2:29am On Sep 20, 2014
Has Joseph Yobo signed yet?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by afrodoc2: 4:16am On Sep 20, 2014
Ibime: Has Joseph Yobo signed yet?

No. I heard that Wenger put talks with Yobo on hold when he heard that Furo Iyenemi was available on a free transfer
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by MabraO: 2:23pm On Sep 20, 2014
Finally here
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 2:39pm On Sep 20, 2014
afrodoc2:

No. I heard that Wenger put talks with Yobo on hold when he heard that Furo Iyenemi was available on a free transfer
Have you gone for ebola screening, I heard it affects the brain!

(1) (2) (3) ... (415) (416) (417) (418) (419) (420) (421) ... (3655) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.