Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,487 members, 7,958,477 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 03:11 PM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (466) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2455516 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (463) (464) (465) (466) (467) (468) (469) ... (3666) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by pickabeau1: 8:07pm On Jan 19, 2015
Debo on some fire.... LOl

One match maketh not a home run..the key thing is to adapt strategies for each opponent as he did yesterday rather than His blind faith in his philosophy

Chill...16 matches to go
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by debosky(m): 8:32pm On Jan 19, 2015
^^ I called out pazienza on his BS well before the game so clearly this isn't about the result. I'll continue to do so if he makes more statements that hold no water.

PS - try enjoying the game instead of looking for the next failure to say 'I told you so'. It might make your life more enjoyable. grin

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by pazienza(m): 8:48pm On Jan 19, 2015
Which BS of mine is debosky talking about?

All I said about Wenger holds true.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by debosky(m): 9:01pm On Jan 19, 2015
^^ More like all of it is BS.

On the issue of form players, name one player that's been rewarded with 'unnecessary favouritism' and let's discuss.

On the issue of 85th minute subs, show me your analysis that proves that 85th minute isn't the 'right time' to make subs, or that Wenger always waits till the 85th minute.

Let's take those two and we'll see how well they hold true.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by pickabeau1: 9:19pm On Jan 19, 2015
Wenger waits till 70 mins..... lipsrsealed
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by pazienza(m): 9:19pm On Jan 19, 2015
debosky:
Bitterness has so permeated some souls here that everything that Wenger does is simply to maintain 4th place. cheesy cheesy

They can't even enjoy a good performance by their team without linking it firmly to their beef for the manager. Sad really. grin

Oh? He did it today? I guess Cazorla played on the wing against Stoke and Hull too?

Oh? This is the first time Wenger is rewarding players in form time too? Interesting - and if Rozzi was crocked due to being overplayed you'll be the first to complain about why a player pushing 35 is being worked into the ground.

Oh really? What time did Walcott come on against Stoke? Was it 85 mins? Nah, like I said - don't let your need to rant get in the way of facts.

Hmm, Carzola wasn't the problem in stoke, the problem was the defense, Mertesacker is at best a substitute defender, even, Joachin low after group stage in Brazil recognized that Mertesacker wasn't good enough and relegated him to substitute appearances yet Mertesacker is a starter at Arsenal no thanks to Wenger, Chambers a rookie, was paired with mertesacker and and then Gibbs and young Bellerin.

The three goals we conceded wouldn't have happened if Wenger took care of the defense during the transfer window, knowing that only Koscielny is a good defender in the team, the goals we conceded were from school boy errors, Carzola and co actually won the match 2-0, Wenger useless defense made it 3-2

It is a well known fact that Wenger have favourites he often plays, even when they are not in form, or not justifying their selection, there was a case of useless Wilshire preference in the middle of the pack to Ozil, even when it was obvious that Ozil at the middle offered more to the team, as was seen i
against Villa and Galatasaray in Emirates, Poldoski scored a brace against Galatasaray in Turkey, his reward was bench in the next match.

Wenger substitutions at the first half of the season were often late, this is not an argument.

Wenger has been below the standard required of a top Manager, the league table and our inability to get beyond the champions league first knockout stages for years now, proves that.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by pazienza(m): 9:30pm On Jan 19, 2015
debosky:
^^ More like all of it is BS.

On the issue of form players, name one player that's been rewarded with 'unnecessary favouritism' and let's discuss.

On the issue of 85th minute subs, show me your analysis that proves that 85th minute isn'tthe 'right time' to make subs, or that Wenger always waits till the 85th minute.

Let's take those two and we'll see how well they hold true.

Football has evolved, tactically superior managers know that a substitute mustn't be made at 80 mins and above.

Against Chelsea, Pardew dictated a loophole in Chelsea's play, he didn't wait for 80 mins, he made the call immediately, bringing on Cisse, and Cisse scored twice to win the game. To an ordinary observer, it would seem like luck, but it wasn't, it was a calculated guess. Sometimes, that's what it takes to win big matches in the modern game. Little wonder your prof with a better squad struggles against big teams, he is too predictable, no element of surprise from him, he surprised the world yesterday, by doing something different, and look at the outcome.

3 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 9:46pm On Jan 19, 2015
Spy360:

kindly accept my apology, brother.

No hard feelings brother..
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by pickabeau1: 6:57pm On Jan 20, 2015
This guy is just a dreamer

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Emaprince: 7:40pm On Jan 20, 2015
Stewpid walcot!

I hope he didn't include himself as one of the current players better than thiery,pires etc..smh
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 7:43pm On Jan 20, 2015
Emaprince:
Stewpid walcot!

I hope he didn't include himself as one of the current players better than thiery,pires etc..smh

grin grin grin grin grin grin He has buccal diarrhoea
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by ElFenomeno1: 12:02am On Jan 21, 2015
WengerOut.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by debosky(m): 3:35pm On Jan 21, 2015
pazienza:

Football has evolved, tactically superior managers know that a substitute mustn't be made at 80 mins and above.

Against Chelsea, Pardew dictated a loophole in Chelsea's play, he didn't wait for 80 mins, he made the call immediately, bringing on Cisse, and Cisse scored twice to win the game. To an ordinary observer, it would seem like luck, but it wasn't, it was a calculated guess. Sometimes, that's what it takes to win big matches in the modern game. Little wonder your prof with a better squad struggles against big teams, he is too predictable, no element of surprise from him, he surprised the world yesterday, by doing something different, and look at the outcome.

This is pure BS and you know it - how many substitutions before 80 mins or 70 mins do you need me to bring out to prove you're talking utter nonsense? Repeating the same rubbish on a regular basis doesn't make it fact.

Against Stoke subs at 68 and 73 mins - which of those was after 80?
Against Hull the first sub was at 75 mins - was that also after 80?
Against Southampton away first sub was at 60 mins

So in the last 4 games Arsene has not waited till the 80th minute to make subs and I should accept your bunkum that he always waits till 80 mins?

Now tell me - when did Jose make his first sub yesterday?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by debosky(m): 3:39pm On Jan 21, 2015
Nothing wrong in what Walcott has said - he said he thinks this squad beats it, but has to prove it.

His thinking may be proved wrong or right - time will tell.

Oh and one thing - he was talking about those guys at the time he joined i.e. in 2006, not when they were at their best in 2004.

Of course a lot of y'all are ready to swallow some diced up comments without getting context first.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by pickabeau1: 3:49pm On Jan 21, 2015
^^^ this guy is just a wenger lover grin grin

Henrycame back on loan in 2012 or so
He still had a lot to teach this Walcott that just jogs around the pitch

I put it to you
Henry in 2015 is better than Walcott not to talk of 2006

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by pazienza(m): 4:04pm On Jan 21, 2015
debosky:

This is pure BS and you know it - how many substitutions before 80 mins or 70 mins do you need me to bring out to prove you're talking utter nonsense? Repeating the same rubbish on a regular basis doesn't make it fact.

Against Stoke subs at 68 and 73 mins - which of those was after 80?
Against Hull the first sub was at 75 mins - was that also after 80?
Against Southampton away first sub was at 60 mins

So in the last 4 games Arsene has not waited till the 80th minute to make subs and I should accept your bunkum that he always waits till 80 mins?

Now tell me - when did Jose make his first sub yesterday?

Debosky, I don tire for this circular argument with you.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 5:07pm On Jan 21, 2015
debosky:
Nothing wrong in what Walcott has said - he said he thinks this squad beats it, but has to prove it.

His thinking may be proved wrong or right - time will tell.

Oh and one thing - he was talking about those guys at the time he joined i.e. in 2006, not when they were at their best in 2004.

Of course a lot of y'all are ready to swallow some diced up comments without getting context first.

Lol...............na you invent grammar now, all those context ish is lost on mere mortals like me. Nucca was chatting shiot!!! Period!!! cool

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 6:40pm On Jan 21, 2015
pickabeau1:

I put it to you

Hahaha....

Hope you're not serious?

Cos if you are then I've got to leave this thread.

Immediately
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by pickabeau1: 6:44pm On Jan 21, 2015
The thread exit is just there... grin

Walcot is not fit to tie Henrys boots

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 4:40pm On Jan 24, 2015
Predictable line up vs Brighton on Sunday.

........................... Ospina..........................
Chambers.... Per.... Kosch..... Gibbs
.......................... Coquelin.......................
Walcot... Ramsey.... Ozil.... Campbell
............................. Giroud........................

Subs: Szczesny, Monreal, Flamini, Cazorla, Sanchez, Akpom, Rosicsky.

Analysis: I think AW will keep Szczesny remaining on the bench; Chambers will start at RB since Bellerin is out; Coquelin may fancy another run-in to continue his good form; rests for Cazorla, Sanchez and Schemer; I am tempted to say Akpom will start but feel AW may want him to come from the bench.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by pickabeau1: 6:33pm On Jan 24, 2015
Chelsea out
City out

This is an opportunity for the FA Cup defense
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by kashmo: 7:14pm On Jan 24, 2015
I think we have a chance of defending the cup o! All the big guns out cheesy grin

COYG!!!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Keky(m): 8:53pm On Jan 24, 2015
Man! Looking at Monaco we should not be talking them lightly only 1 goal conceded in 12 in matches winning 11 of them drawing the other.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Sheikwonder(m): 8:56pm On Jan 24, 2015
Silly Chelsea fans shouting "we will win the quadruple".... Let them win it now,fowls....meanwhile on to defending our f.a cup title....up gunners!!!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Keky(m): 10:27pm On Jan 24, 2015
Dunno how they got into this position but I love it. Costa is clearly being ruined here, our boy is already ready.

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by proudly9ja(m): 12:11am On Jan 25, 2015
Spy360:
Predictable line up vs Brighton on Sunday.

........................... Ospina..........................
Chambers.... Per.... Kosch..... Gibbs
.......................... Coquelin.......................
Walcot... Ramsey.... Ozil.... Campbell
............................. Giroud........................

Subs: Szczesny, Monreal, Flamini, Cazorla, Sanchez, Akpom, Rosicsky.

Analysis: I think AW will keep Szczesny remaining on the bench; Chambers will start at RB since Bellerin is out; Coquelin may fancy another run-in to continue his good form; rests for Cazorla, Sanchez and Schemer; I am tempted to say Akpom will start but feel AW may want him to come from the bench.

Campbell has moved to Villareal on loan.
Is Bellerin out?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 12:38am On Jan 25, 2015
Hopefully we succeed in getting the necessary documentation from the home office to guarantee Gabriel Paulista plays for us this season..

Welcome Paulista..
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by debosky(m): 8:24am On Jan 25, 2015
pickabeau1:

I put it to you

Gradual descent into lunacy.

Henry having a lot to teach Walcott isn't/was never the issue - the strike force combined output is the comparison. The 2006 strike force was comparable in terms of output with the one today - unfortunately simple folk like you can't differentiate past performance from current performance. Complete lack of perspective.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by debosky(m): 8:25am On Jan 25, 2015
pazienza:

Debosky, I don tire for this circular argument with you.

Ah yes the old chestnut - when faced with facts contradicting your rants you back off. You and peekaboo make a great team. cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by pickabeau1: 8:37am On Jan 25, 2015
debosky:

Gradual descent into lunacy.

Henry having a lot to teach Walcott isn't/was never the issue - the strike force combined output is the comparison. The 2006 strike force was comparable in terms of output with the one today - unfortunately simple folk like you can't differentiate past performance from current performance. Complete lack of perspective.

There's no lunacy here..dude
Except that of continually performing the same action year in year out and expecting a different result.... wink

Anyways.....whether Na simple or complicated... Walcott is not yet ready to be mentioned in the same breath as Henry.

If you like analyse that

Have fun
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by debosky(m): 8:51am On Jan 25, 2015
Emotional garbage and lack of basic reading comprehension. cheesy

Walcott compared the strike force (not solely himself) of 2006 with that of 2015 and this is what you can come up with.

I hope you've ordered your Brighter Grammar as your new month resolution for February. tongue
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by pazienza(m): 8:53am On Jan 25, 2015
debosky:

Ah yes the old chestnut - when faced with facts contradicting your rants you back off. You and peekaboo make a great team. cheesy

Facts? Haha! More like farts! Wenger's fart. Yea, I run away when faced with Wenger's farts, they stink, only AKBs find them refreshing. *grins*

(1) (2) (3) ... (463) (464) (465) (466) (467) (468) (469) ... (3666) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: germaphobe(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.