Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,619 members, 7,809,273 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:08 AM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (513) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2298701 Views)

R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (510) (511) (512) (513) (514) (515) (516) ... (3477) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Presbulg(m): 3:17pm On Jun 26, 2015
#CechMate
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by edi287: 3:28pm On Jun 26, 2015
tayoccu:

funny thing is the boy dey ball for him age, I just hope he remains focused, and he puts his spine in it.
@ least we know he's really 16, unlike...
True. He is highly rated.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by edi287: 3:33pm On Jun 26, 2015
Aubamayeng would make a good signing...just not worth 28m.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 6:17am On Jun 27, 2015
edi287:
Aubamayeng would make a good signing...just not worth 28m.
definitely not worth it. Hope AW plans something because with Higuain overvalued at 67m, the only option that makes sense is the french guy at RM but I dont want another french, I'd rather go for a south american.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 6:39am On Jun 27, 2015
Another breathtaking, epic and world class performance by David Ospina in the loss against Argentina at the Copa America, Ospina was impossible to beat, incredible and unbelievable saves, so sad it ended in penalties, he has been fantastic to put kindly at the Copa America...

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 9:18am On Jun 27, 2015
Roland17:
Another breathtaking, epic and world class performance by David Ospina in the loss against Argentina at the Copa America, Ospina was impossible to beat, incredible and unbelievable saves, so sad it ended in penalties, he has been fantastic to put kindly at the Copa America...
i really dnt know y aw went to buy cech unless he's ready to release szy or Martinez cos ospina saved us wen he took over.....
BTW all his targets re getting bought ooo
Schnedrin would av been perfect for us in case of experience, skills etc
Now he as agreed wit manure
D man will never stop chasing ghost transfer..,..Vidal ain't worth £50m nd cavalho not worth £35m he knows that .....instead of d french of huguain can't we go for lesser prize banteke, Hernandez, etc
We dnt just need a striker we need goal poacher who is good on air
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by fredoooooo: 10:55am On Jun 27, 2015
Roland17:
breath taking ko heart failure ni ... typical Gäyners mentality cheesy grin grin
how far Roland una go buy drogba join cech may be una go win champions league . grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 3:33pm On Jun 27, 2015
sod09:
i really dnt know y aw went to buy cech unless he's ready to release szy or Martinez cos ospina saved us wen he took over.....
BTW all his targets re getting bought ooo
Schnedrin would av been perfect for us in case of experience, skills etc
Now he as agreed wit manure
D man will never stop chasing ghost transfer..,..Vidal ain't worth £50m nd cavalho not worth £35m he knows that .....instead of d french of huguain can't we go for lesser prize banteke, Hernandez, etc
We dnt just need a striker we need goal poacher who is good on air
The fact is that there are no available top class strikers for now unless you have £60m for Higuain or Benzema. The others you mentioned, Benteke and Hernandes are not better than Walcott or Giroud or even Welbeck. Besides we still need to offload Podolski, Campbell and Sanogo.

I feel we lost out on Martinez but then he is a Giroud type player same with Mandzukic.

Nevertheless I still believe Wenger will sign, I suspect he is watching the Copa. smiley

And don't even do Cech, he is the best deal so far even Jose knows.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 4:28pm On Jun 27, 2015
Spy360:

The fact is that there are no available top class strikers for now unless you have £60m for Higuain or Benzema. The others you mentioned, Benteke and Hernandes are not better than Walcott or Giroud or even Welbeck. Besides we still need to offload Podolski, Campbell and Sanogo.

I feel we lost out on Martinez but then he is a Giroud type player same with Mandzukic.

Nevertheless I still believe Wenger will sign, I suspect he is watching the Copa. smiley

And don't even do Cech, he is the best deal so far even Jose knows.
I still hear of Walcott...
For ur mind is giroud or welbeck better Dan d listed strikers
As for cech I'm not saying he's not good....he need to offload either szy or martinez
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by proudlysports: 10:40pm On Jun 27, 2015
Unconfirmed sources in Chile saying Vidal to Arsenal on a 5 year contract..
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 6:21am On Jun 28, 2015
proudlysports:
Unconfirmed sources in Chile saying Vidal to Arsenal on a 5 year contract..
For 21mil pounds that would be a steal. Arsenal is also heavily linked to Ezekeil Garay of Zenith and Argentina may be just in case Kosch decides to join Madrid. Another Wenger target is a left back, if Monreal leaves for Bilbao. Top quality strikers are off the market now, but let's hope that before August one of Messi, Ronaldo or Aguero would be available. wink
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by orogodoganyin(m): 9:54am On Jun 28, 2015
messi, ronaldo, aguero? what r u smoking?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 12:46pm On Jun 28, 2015
orogodoganyin:
messi, ronaldo, aguero? what r u smoking?
Well its because I can't see any remarkable difference between the others and what we've got.

One problem with most fans is that they value more what belong to others than what is within. For example if Wilshere or Coquelin were to be playing for Man City or Chelsea we would have valued them better. But the truth is that, in most cases the better replacement comes from within. That's the secret of Barcelona and Ajax and offcourse Arsenal.

Take Bellerin for example, he was not even in the plan for last season. Debuchy was bought together with Chambers as his backup. But for injuries and fate here we are, Debuchy will be backup for Bellerin. So how much is his signing worth?

That said, signing a new player makes sense only because it breathes new enthusiasm into the team and breeds competition. But it is not the perfect way of sourcing new players.

Brendan Rodgers made that mistake last season for Liverpool and he is making the same mistake again. Tottenham made the mistakes two seasons ago but learnt their lesson, now they have Kane, Mason and co.

That's why Wenger hardly buys more than three first team players but can buy as many prospects as possible. Thumbs up Arsene.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by proudlysports: 5:29pm On Jun 28, 2015
Spy360:

Take Bellerin for example, he was not even in the plan for last season. Debuchy was bought together with Chambers as his backup. But for injuries and fate here we are, Debuchy will be backup for Bellerin. So how much is his signing worth?

I agree with most of what you've said BUT Bellerin will be back up to Debuchy not the other way round
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by pickabeau1: 6:38pm On Jun 28, 2015
Any truth to the news that Vidal has signed

Now that is a world class combative CM

Coq has potential but he is not yet there

proudlysports:

I agree with most of what you've said BUT Bellerin will be back up to Debuchy not the other way round
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 7:09pm On Jun 28, 2015
pickabeau1:
Any truth to the news that Vidal has signed

Now that is a world class combative CM

Coq has potential but he is not yet there

Vidal is similar to Ramsey and Wilshere, I do not know if he will have the discipline to sit in front of the back four as Coq does when situation demands. Great signing though- that's if oga Wenger confirms.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by pickabeau1: 7:24pm On Jun 28, 2015
Spy360:

Vidal is similar to Ramsey and Wilshere, I do not know if he will have the discipline to sit in front of the back four as Coq does when situation demands. Great signing though- that's if oga Wenger confirms.

Vidal is a combative box to box player who can also protect the back 4
Something those two lack

coq is a green horn
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Olaone1: 7:37pm On Jun 28, 2015
You guys don begin link Arsenal to all known footballers, abi? Every season na the same tory. When you go quit this sef? Vidal?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by proudly9ja(m): 8:16pm On Jun 28, 2015
Same story? You mean same story when we were linked to Alexis? Or Ozil or Poldi or Cech?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 9:24pm On Jun 28, 2015
pickabeau1:

Vidal is a combative box to box player who can also protect the back 4
Something those two lack

coq is a green horn
There he goes again, the other guy's dog is better. Anyways we would find out if the other guy's dog snuggles in.

Olaone1:
You guys don begin link Arsenal to all known footballers, abi? Every season na the same tory. When you go quit this sef? Vidal?
At least we get linked, and since neither Arsenal nor Vidal has refuted the claims, isn't a deal in the offing?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by pickabeau1: 9:33pm On Jun 28, 2015
Spy360:

There he goes again, the other guy's dog is better. Anyways we would find out if the other guy's dog snuggles in.

At least we get linked, and since neither Arsenal nor Vidal has refuted the claims, isn't a deal in the offing?

U actually are comparing vidal and coq

Your Wenger love is strong
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by tayoccu(m): 10:51pm On Jun 28, 2015
pickabeau1:

Your Wenger love is strong

and your Wenger hate is out of this world.
green horn or not, look @ the boy's stats, he performed, and that's what we need, a performer.
IMO, any dm we buy now should be backup to coq, I mean a player who turned up for us last season shouldn't be sacrificed because some fans just want Wenger to sign

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by An0nimus: 1:16am On Jun 29, 2015
which Vidal are we talking of here? the Chilean dude at Juventus? or someone else
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 4:01am On Jun 29, 2015
pickabeau1:

Your Wenger and Arsenal love is strong
Vidal and Ramsey.

Even if it is Vidal and Coquelin, what transpired between Bellerin and Debuchy must have taught us something didn't it? Yes Vidal gets the nod ahead of Coq but anytthing is possible- I see Coq coming stronger, better and more reliable next season.

Arsenal Till Heaven Beckons...
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by pickabeau1: 5:18am On Jun 29, 2015
tayoccu:

and your Wenger hate is out of this world.
green horn or not, look @ the boy's stats, he performed, and that's what we need, a performer.
IMO, any dm we buy now should be backup to coq, I mean a player who turned up for us last season shouldn't be sacrificed because some fans just want Wenger to sign

I don't hate Wenger however using one half season to judge coq as the finished product is asinine

Spy360:

Vidal and Ramsey.
Even if it is Vidal and Coquelin, what transpired between Bellerin and Debuchy must have taught us something didn't it? Yes Vidal gets the nod ahead of Coq but anytthing is possible- I see Coq coming stronger, better and more reliable next season.
Arsenal Till Heaven Beckons...
Ok

I hear......coq Is the best
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by edoyad(m): 7:17am On Jun 29, 2015
Spy360:

Well its because I can't see any remarkable difference between the others and what we've got.

One problem with most fans is that they value more what belong to others than what is within. For example if Wilshere or Coquelin were to be playing for Man City or Chelsea we would have valued them better. But the truth is that, in most cases the better replacement comes from within. That's the secret of Barcelona and Ajax and offcourse Arsenal.

That said, signing a new player makes sense only because it breathes new enthusiasm into the team and breeds competition. But it is not the perfect way of sourcing new players.

Brendan Rodgers made that mistake last season for Liverpool and he is making the same mistake again. Tottenham made the mistakes two seasons ago but learnt their lesson, now they have Kane, Mason and co.

That's why Wenger hardly buys more than three first team players but can buy as many prospects as possible. Thumbs up Arsene.

Even exceptionally good players flop in many cases: Kaka at Madrid, Falcao at Man Utd, Kluivert at Milan etc. You can't use one case to judge all. I could equally use the Van Persie at Man Utd and Costa at Chelsea instances to counter your argument.

Yes, many of us do not appreciate the prophets in our hometown but that in no way means Fans don't know quality when they see it. Look , I've said it times without number, even Thierry admitted that our forward line needs an upgrade.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by tayoccu(m): 7:59am On Jun 29, 2015
pickabeau1:

I don't hate Wenger however using one half season to judge coq as the finished product is asinine
well if you think judging coq with half a season is foolish, that's your opinion, you're entitled to it.
you speak as if coq is a new signing, but he is not.
I remember a chat we had our arsenal group on bbm, I spoke about the boy's potential, and got laughed at by those who know better than the boss...
my point is it takes a spark to start a fire, I say its common sense to stoke the boy's fire till it becomes a raging inferno, than smother his spark just because fans want Wenger to sign.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by tayoccu(m): 8:13am On Jun 29, 2015
edoyad:

Even exceptionally good players flop in many cases: Kaka at Madrid, Falcao at Man Utd, Kluivert at Milan etc. You can't use one case to judge all. I could equally use the Van Persie at Man Utd and Costa at Chelsea instances to counter your argument.

Yes, many of us do not appreciate the prophets in our hometown but that in no way means Fans don't know quality when they see it. Look , I've said it times without number, even Thierry admitted that our forward line needs an upgrade.

Thierry said the attack line needed to be augmented
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by pickabeau1: 8:48am On Jun 29, 2015
tayoccu:

well if you think judging coq with half a season is foolish, that's your opinion, you're entitled to it.
you speak as if coq is a new signing, but he is not.
I remember a chat we had our arsenal group on bbm, I spoke about the boy's potential, and got laughed at by those who know better than the boss...
my point is it takes a spark to start a fire, I say its common sense to stoke the boy's fire till it becomes a raging inferno, than smother his spark just because fans want Wenger to sign.

No problem
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by fredoooooo: 10:44am On Jun 29, 2015
"The face you make when you realise you'll only have 4 defenders in front of you instead of the 10 at Chelsea Football Club..." (sport bible) grin grin grin

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 1:17pm On Jun 29, 2015
edoyad:

Sanchez gave a good reckoning as a signing, and yes you are right. There are no generalisations, but as I said, depending only on signings will eventually wear out the team, destroy its structure and team work, and makes you buy a 'home grown' worth £2mil for £20mil.

(1) (2) (3) ... (510) (511) (512) (513) (514) (515) (516) ... (3477) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.