Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,981 members, 7,810,737 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:05 PM

What Is The Tastiest Nigerian Delicacy - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / What Is The Tastiest Nigerian Delicacy (22931 Views)

What Are The Names Of These Common Nigerian Delicacy Leaves In English? / What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? / Which Would You Consider The Best Nigerian Delicacy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Tastiest Nigerian Delicacy by Sholaf(f): 1:35pm On Nov 25, 2011
Tuwo Gbegiri and Ewedu.
Re: What Is The Tastiest Nigerian Delicacy by 1forall: 1:38pm On Nov 25, 2011
reubeno:

the tasteest nija delicacy n banger soup with starch
Stackozy:

Has somebody tried akpu and three-weeks old okro soup?
Funny how this topic turns out to be amusing  cheesy and the first couple of pics have made me hungry
Re: What Is The Tastiest Nigerian Delicacy by Tunjman(m): 1:42pm On Nov 25, 2011
Smoked egg garnished with walnut, hahahahahahaha tongue
Re: What Is The Tastiest Nigerian Delicacy by tolahood9(m): 1:45pm On Nov 25, 2011
ekuru wit okro soup
Re: What Is The Tastiest Nigerian Delicacy by juman(m): 1:46pm On Nov 25, 2011
Shola (f):

Tuwo Gbegiri and Ewedu.
donugapi:

Hot pounded yam and Efo riro anyday anytime!!
Good

Amala and spicy gbegiri.
Re: What Is The Tastiest Nigerian Delicacy by Lheyhe(m): 1:50pm On Nov 25, 2011
Amala and Egusi soup with Eja Aro.
Re: What Is The Tastiest Nigerian Delicacy by ugosly(m): 1:52pm On Nov 25, 2011
ITbomb:

edikang ikong
Totally unbeatable
1.Edika ikong,well oiled embelished with diced kpomo and pounded yam/akpu(now I,m drooling) is absolutely no. 1 among so many 4me.Others (in no particular order) are:
2.Boli(roast plantain) and epa(groundnut).
3.Soft(agege) bread with akara(ground beans)
4.Soft(agege)bread with ewa agoyin(mashed beans)
5.Nkwobi/Isi ewu

6.Amala and efo riro,with assorted(orishirishi)pieces of meat.

7.White rice and peppery palm oil stew(ofe nmanu) with assorted pieces of meat.
I could go on and on, abeg,naija is just so blessed with lots of tasty cuisines and delicacies.
Re: What Is The Tastiest Nigerian Delicacy by DeRadical: 1:56pm On Nov 25, 2011
I dont think you guys know what you are saying here. have you tasted marijuana + fried groundnut? Chai! you will just be in heaven with the Angels
Re: What Is The Tastiest Nigerian Delicacy by Nobody: 1:57pm On Nov 25, 2011
Snake pepper soup
Re: What Is The Tastiest Nigerian Delicacy by Okijajuju1(m): 2:01pm On Nov 25, 2011
If I'm on a chilling mode;

Isi Ewu
Nkwobi
Ugba & Opkoroko
Abacha
404 a.k.a Dog meat
Nchi a.k.a Grassutter peppersoup
Fresh fish peppersoup a.k.a Point and kill

If na Lunch feeding

Pounded yam with Egusi soup/Edikaikong/Vegetable/Nsala/Banga/Oha/Okro(cooked with tomatoes [not the one that the tomatoes and okro are cooked separately o!])

OR

Apku a.k.a Packet shirt a.k.a Santana a.k.a fufu with Ogbono soup or Okro soup

If na dinner

Ipka nkukwo
Well cooked porridge yam
Re: What Is The Tastiest Nigerian Delicacy by silibaba: 2:06pm On Nov 25, 2011
i have waiting to see someone say amala and ewedu. angry angry

i have learnt that yorubas no longer eat their food instead rely on ibo delicacies grin grin
Re: What Is The Tastiest Nigerian Delicacy by Nobody: 2:09pm On Nov 25, 2011
Dog meat in hot sauce with crayfish and slice bread. Yummmie. Humm
Re: What Is The Tastiest Nigerian Delicacy by Nobody: 2:12pm On Nov 25, 2011
Dog meat in hot sauce with crayfish and slice bread. Yummmie. Humm
Re: What Is The Tastiest Nigerian Delicacy by Effiko(m): 2:19pm On Nov 25, 2011
Garri/Fufu AND Afang Soup
Re: What Is The Tastiest Nigerian Delicacy by grandstar(m): 2:24pm On Nov 25, 2011
bread and plaintain

Rice with stew and fresh catfish

Amala with Gbegiri

Eba ibo with Oha

Eba ibo with Edikakkong

Eba ibo with bitter leaf
Re: What Is The Tastiest Nigerian Delicacy by omo9ja1(m): 2:27pm On Nov 25, 2011
dodo + rice

yeah ila alasepo + amala smiley am loving that all the times
Re: What Is The Tastiest Nigerian Delicacy by marocguy(m): 2:28pm On Nov 25, 2011
ukwa (bread fruit)
abacha n ugba (tapioca frm cassava)
afang soup
ogbono soup with dry fish,no vegetables and okra
Re: What Is The Tastiest Nigerian Delicacy by essy1(f): 2:36pm On Nov 25, 2011
afang soup
efere nkong grin
orai soup (dry okra)
oha soup
Re: What Is The Tastiest Nigerian Delicacy by Superuser(m): 2:42pm On Nov 25, 2011
My native food, though will be strange to many; Pounded yam + Ikowu (cotton seed soup) or Eweluje soup.
Re: What Is The Tastiest Nigerian Delicacy by maki(f): 2:46pm On Nov 25, 2011
kalabari native soup with eba grin
Re: What Is The Tastiest Nigerian Delicacy by Finecat(m): 3:13pm On Nov 25, 2011
Ibo People are some of the weirdest people i have ever met, how can anybody eat starch?? That is really disgusting.
Re: What Is The Tastiest Nigerian Delicacy by ocelot2006(m): 3:16pm On Nov 25, 2011
Afang soup+fufu+fresh palm wine = Heaven cheesy
Re: What Is The Tastiest Nigerian Delicacy by mercenaryx(m): 3:20pm On Nov 25, 2011
Missy ★ B:

Lol! The Urhobos don't 'play' with starch at all o. I used to have some Urhobo friends that think starch with owo/banga soup is life's best gift to man.
Starch and amala have always been yuck for me.

[img]http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQiBO1RMkapJ1llQyfTcqiA3Nno9qCk0lFr7F9t-Q6ZmDjfeBKcMymxudMP[/img]

my guy, I have lived in Warri all my life and to my knowledge the Urhobo's even value owoh and starch than water!, U should pls try some,

1 Like

Re: What Is The Tastiest Nigerian Delicacy by mercenaryx(m): 3:29pm On Nov 25, 2011
Finecat:

Ibo People are some of the weirdest people i have ever met, how can anybody eat starch?? That is really disgusting.
[/quote/]
Ibo people don't care about starch as much as the Urhobo!, And if this really surprised you do you see that post about cotton soup?, I rather eat electronic appliances!
Re: What Is The Tastiest Nigerian Delicacy by Torch1(m): 3:32pm On Nov 25, 2011
Okija_juju:

If I'm on a chilling mode;

Isi Ewu
Nkwobi
Ugba & Opkoroko
Abacha
404 a.k.a Dog meat
Nchi a.k.a Grassutter peppersoup
Fresh fish peppersoup a.k.a Point and kill

If na Lunch feeding

Pounded yam with Egusi soup/Edikaikong/Vegetable/Nsala/Banga/Oha/Okro(cooked with tomatoes [not the one that the tomatoes and okro are cooked separately o!])

OR

Apku a.k.a Packet shirt a.k.a Santana a.k.a fufu with Ogbono soup or Okro soup

If na dinner

Ipka nkukwo
Well cooked porridge yam
They are my delicacy including
Ukwa(bread fruits)
Vegetable soup with isam+akpu/garri
Rice and white beans with correct ofe akwu.
OMG!
Re: What Is The Tastiest Nigerian Delicacy by boazic: 3:33pm On Nov 25, 2011
, pstcheew!!! all of una no sabi anything sef, na wia unu come keep my "EWA AGOYIN and AGEGE BREAD" wink smiley cheesy cool
Re: What Is The Tastiest Nigerian Delicacy by Ninapha(f): 3:48pm On Nov 25, 2011
Ofe owerri made with snail and stockfish with pounded yam kiss
Re: What Is The Tastiest Nigerian Delicacy by Muttex(m): 3:55pm On Nov 25, 2011
Iyan lounje oka loogun, kenu maa dile niti guguru,
Re: What Is The Tastiest Nigerian Delicacy by kelz88(f): 3:58pm On Nov 25, 2011
Loads of them are very tasty.

My favourites include yam porridge, ogbono soup, fried plantain/yam with egg, buka stew, peppered chicken or fish stew, moin moin, agidi, fried fish, beans and corn, peppered goat meat, banga stew, etc. Yum yum yum!
Re: What Is The Tastiest Nigerian Delicacy by assetstrap(m): 4:03pm On Nov 25, 2011
Hi can anybody explain how afang soup is made, i had many years ago while i was in Jos chilling with my igbo guardians and i wolfed it down like i hadn't eaten for 3 days and kept asking 4 more !!!. Also those guys that eat dog meat r u 4 real ? WTF !!! with all the delicious mouth watering food on offer in naija you settle for dog meat, cmon now.
Re: What Is The Tastiest Nigerian Delicacy by jaytime(m): 4:14pm On Nov 25, 2011
@topic: any Calabar cuisine.
Re: What Is The Tastiest Nigerian Delicacy by adaide1: 4:18pm On Nov 25, 2011
In a very good/ cheerful mood i will go for ukwa (breadfruit) and fresh corn. celebratory mood its pounded yam and ofe ora/ofe onubu(bitter leaf soup). on a sunday its ofe akwu (banga soup) and rice with salad. cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How I Preserve Plantain / Let It Burn! Five Tips For The Perfect Jollof Rice- Yemisi Odusanya / What's The Cheapest Food You've Ever Cooked?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.