Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,011 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:01 AM

Celebrity Takes Two: New Dance Reality Show (Sponsor: Skyebank) - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Celebrity Takes Two: New Dance Reality Show (Sponsor: Skyebank) (16238 Views)

“Laide Bakare – My Xperience” Reality Show By Laide Bakare / Goldie & Denrele Launch 'Tru Friendship' Reality Show / Dbanj's Nu Reality Show Tagged "koko Mansion" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Celebrity Takes Two: New Dance Reality Show (Sponsor: Skyebank) by ifyalways(f): 2:03am On Nov 14, 2007
any link to watch it online?
Re: Celebrity Takes Two: New Dance Reality Show (Sponsor: Skyebank) by Modups1(f): 8:08am On Nov 14, 2007
tommyex & salsera wats up? cheesy
Re: Celebrity Takes Two: New Dance Reality Show (Sponsor: Skyebank) by Bblak(f): 1:57pm On Nov 14, 2007
Funlola and Zizi are still the best wink
Re: Celebrity Takes Two: New Dance Reality Show (Sponsor: Skyebank) by Modups1(f): 2:11pm On Nov 14, 2007
Bblak i agree with u there
if i must add a 3rd i'll add omowunmi
Re: Celebrity Takes Two: New Dance Reality Show (Sponsor: Skyebank) by Nobody: 10:17pm On Nov 14, 2007
@modups&tommyex

my people

how now?

@seun
check sodtakes2.com for all the timetable

but i know sundays NTA 2-3PM, STV 9PM MBI 10.30PM

LATEST NEWS

kunle is out!!!!

sound sultan, kunle and nomoreloss were in the bottom 3

so people abeg please vote

I HAVE WATCHED 3 LIVE RECORDINGS NOW AND I'M HOOKED grin grin
there is nothing like watching it live

but bear in mind that sometimes there are soo many technical hitches due to power fluctuations with generator and some other stuff so it finishes real late

we all complain but still wait till the end grin grin

if you know anyone in Skye bank they can get u a ticket

else sit on ur couch and watch it on TV

THIS COMING EPISODE IS HIP-HOP

and YENI KUTI was the guest judge

abt pasuma

i think he's a great sport
new age fuji king o jare
to think he even agreed to do this shows he

DARES TO BE DIFFERENT
Re: Celebrity Takes Two: New Dance Reality Show (Sponsor: Skyebank) by Oyin2(f): 10:26am On Nov 15, 2007
hi all. i am yet to watch this program cos i dnt know d actual time. but after reading this thread i was able to get the time. thanks all. but pls, guys, who do you vote for: the person that perform best or the person you want to go out of the game?
Re: Celebrity Takes Two: New Dance Reality Show (Sponsor: Skyebank) by Zizi(f): 12:01pm On Nov 15, 2007
The TANGO edition I would rate 6/10. The dancers improved a bit but I am begging the organizers to bring serious guest judges not like that clown Fred Amata. I still loathe Pasuma's dancing. Can we save ourselves that huge embarassment and vote him out SOONNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!! My money is on ZIZI( not becos she's my namesake O!!!) but she's got the attitude. Omotola is not just it at all. She's so horrible as a dancer and maybe she thinks they are there to play.
Re: Celebrity Takes Two: New Dance Reality Show (Sponsor: Skyebank) by knzguru(m): 5:07pm On Nov 15, 2007
brians last dance, the james bond thing, was pretty cool, u cld actually see teh fuji thing in pasuma's dance. very funny. omotola also danced pretty well
Re: Celebrity Takes Two: New Dance Reality Show (Sponsor: Skyebank) by Nobody: 10:27pm On Nov 15, 2007
@oyin

you are to vote for your favorite celebrities

the person with the least votes is evicted
Re: Celebrity Takes Two: New Dance Reality Show (Sponsor: Skyebank) by seun001(m): 7:27am On Nov 16, 2007
wow! shocked wow! shocked wow! shocked
was that Funlola,Omotola and co i saw dancing.i had to look well that its what i was looking at.WHAT! shocked

well,for peeps that are just learning dancing,totally out of their field,i'll say its exceptional

think i watched last sunday on MBI,
so heres my take-----
Afolayan--he really tried but still stiff
Omotola--i'll say after 4 kids and she still can move around,then she's really tried and accordingto the judges,she's improved.so she's ok
FUnlola---she just stole my heart with her perfomance,what with all the dragging she and her partner did.d music they choreographed was well interpreted.so she was totally off the hook.
Nomoreloss-did ok,but think he's kind of stiff too

well couldnt stay long enough to watch others take the stage,will try and watch out for the show this weekend.woulda really loved to see Pasuma dance ooo grin

but all in all,the show is off the hook.
and whats with all this solidarity for local dances.
Re: Celebrity Takes Two: New Dance Reality Show (Sponsor: Skyebank) by Modups1(f): 10:36am On Nov 16, 2007
i never thought i would see the day that nigerians will actually like dances like chacha, salsa, tango & waltz talk less of competing and even having our own celebrities participating in it
i for one think its a welcome development, one that should be applauded and not condemned, after all in europe and america african dance is also appreciated and taught in some of their educational institutions so need to criticize saying they should be doing traditional dances.

my faves still remain funloa, zizi & omowunmi smiley
Re: Celebrity Takes Two: New Dance Reality Show (Sponsor: Skyebank) by Seun(m): 10:31pm On Nov 17, 2007
Watched it this evening. I think it's the nicest Nigerian reality show after Gulder ultimate Search.
Re: Celebrity Takes Two: New Dance Reality Show (Sponsor: Skyebank) by seun001(m): 7:29am On Nov 19, 2007
ok,
watched yesterdays episode,which was hip-hop of somthing close to it.
Pasuma---finally i did get to see him perfrom which wasnt bad afterall but ery funny,just couldnt remove my fuji image of him. grin but he did well.nice performance.

Funlola---her performance wasnt up to par i guess but she tried and i think she is a natural dancing,talent is there.but she and her partner bettertry for a better song cos it spoiled their show.

Nomoreloss----really tried,what with those kolomental moves hmm grin.

didnt get to see the others maybe next time.

but truly,they all put their hearts to it and i think they should be commended.
Re: Celebrity Takes Two: New Dance Reality Show (Sponsor: Skyebank) by abakemi(f): 11:35am On Nov 19, 2007
I don't know why people are nay saying this programme o, it has become the highlight of my weekend but like salsera said, there's nothing like watching the live event sha, even with it's many issues!

It was sad seeing Tara go, but it's the fault of her fans, they didn't vote for her! I was glad to see Kunle go tho, Geez ( that guy made me whince every time!)

Man, imagine Sound sultan in bottom 3 when i heard , i was so furious i went on a sound sultan voting spree, my pocket suffer small tongue but that guy is putting in too much effort to be eliminated o.

Guys we need to keep voting to keep our favorites in o, imagine if someone like nomoreloss wins? shocked shocked shocked shocked (complete disaster)

Zizi with all your raves for your namesake i hope you are voting for her o, or else she'll be out before you can say "Zi"
Re: Celebrity Takes Two: New Dance Reality Show (Sponsor: Skyebank) by lafile(m): 12:46pm On Nov 19, 2007
Pasuma - This guys a laff. There's Fuji in every step he takes. Kai! He's Latin dances have been awful - for want of a worse word. But i want him to stay. His entertainment quality is wow! I look forward to him cos no matter how the dance is one thing I know is I’ll laff. And i love his partner. She knows he sucks, but she hangs on to him anyway.

Noremoloss - Segun Lawal is right. Just looking at him, you expect so much more. You just know its there - but he never delivers. He's never confident. Always stealing a glance at his partner before making a move. Won’t be surprised if he follows kunle afolayan out.

Sound Sultan - Cool dancing. I mean the guy is an entertainer. It doesn’t seem fair to place him in the same field with say tara durotoye. So for that reason he should be judged harder. This means he’s not there yet.

Zizi Cardow - She has impressed me the most. Watching her you wouldn’t remember she's not a young woman. I just wonder how she would have been when she was young. Man, she giving these kids a run for their money. Anytime, any day I will watch her dance. Ok, maybe she bit off more than she could chew with the hip hop yesterday, but man those Latin dances where in her blood. You’ll think she was born in Puerto Rico

Omotola - Omo kini? In another life (and certainly another body) she would have been a wonderful dancer. Not this one. Anyway, she's a mother of four and it shows. She almost tripped her partner twice in the tango last week. Won’t be long before she's dropped. Only problem be say her Nollywood fans won’t let her go.

Funlola - Great. Wonderful. Fantastic. These are words I’d like to use, but honestly cant. Like Noremoloss she promises a lot. She does deliver sometimes, but tends to inconsistencies.

Bryan - Now that’s my guy. Makes this thing look easy. He's got all it takes to be a professional dancer. Never been a dance he did I didn’t enjoy. He even makes his instructor look good.

Omowunmi - My fave! She’s good. Looks like she was dancing from the womb. She does impossible things on the dance floor. Did u see the hip hop yesterday? Wow! Even segun had to comment on the difficulty of the steps they did. I'll probably cry if she doesn’t win.

Judges - Segun Okay. Boulos Ok. That 'Olorioko' guy? Chei! “Fery nice. Fery nice. I gif you a tiri". I think there should be a way to make the judges scores count during eviction. If not, Pasuma will just go to mushin to get all awon boys to vote. Or worse, Omotola will just do one movie and give it free to anyone that votes for her.

All in all sha i dey enjoy the show.
Re: Celebrity Takes Two: New Dance Reality Show (Sponsor: Skyebank) by Modups1(f): 2:07pm On Nov 19, 2007
WOW! WOW!! WOW!!! was all i could say yesterday
these guys r getting better with each passing week

omowunmi was the best by far, she & her partner really flow together  cheesy cheesy cheesy
i actually enjoyed pasuma's performance, d guy is really enjoying himself & it shows smiley
wat was dat performance by funlola   , i was really dissapointed, there wasn't any hiphop in dat sad
sound sultan really did well, he did far better than last week  smiley
dont think nomoreloss & his partner are taking this competition seriously, wat was dat?
i agree dat zizi did well considering she aint no spring chicken  grin
omotola was also good, she try  smiley

the judges are also doing well, the chief judge really tells it as it is
Re: Celebrity Takes Two: New Dance Reality Show (Sponsor: Skyebank) by diyobdw(f): 2:39pm On Nov 19, 2007
I must say that this show has been bit alot of its kind. SOD try on this on( undecidedthough i believe there own performance aint tit enof)
THey are doing well with the judging and celebrity profile.
Also the contestant are just awesome, all aside byran whom i know is more into dancing. it fun and very intresting, you want to see what come off next !
my fav entertainers in their is pasuma and sultan , i appreciate funlola and omot - at thier age grin bryan and omowumni are doing very good too!
nomoloss dey try, and zizi undecided
its a pity that some one has to go! they are a bunch i enjoy!
Re: Celebrity Takes Two: New Dance Reality Show (Sponsor: Skyebank) by hannydarl(f): 12:38am On Nov 20, 2007
the show sucks they should go watch dancing with the stars and then come back to the dance floor the judges are sooooo wack they just dish out marks like nonsense the dancers otondo if they cant dance then they should not participate abi na force?I couldnt believe it this past one when the big female judge said just for the sake of omotolas good looks she will give her 9 points na looks we dey judge abi dance skill the judges could be patronizng at times gosh those so called stars plus the trainers need to get upgraded they dont know jack bout dancing
Re: Celebrity Takes Two: New Dance Reality Show (Sponsor: Skyebank) by fyneyes: 12:12pm On Nov 20, 2007
it was fun seeing the celebrities dance hip hop,its not so way off like salsa and cha cha.

first,that male presenter is very annoying,he just takes over the whole stage and mere looking at him he is basking in the atmosphere of wateva he is feeling before the show comes to an end cos nobody will remember him,and why wont he give the girl a chance to have a few seconds of the spotlight.

anyway for brian that was not his best performance he can definitely do beta,pasuma, well he kinda had had a beta time dancing than all the other times,he really did improve but that fuji part of him remains.
nomoreloss should have nomoredance,i think he is losing it really!

as for my main man, Sultan the naija ninja he gets beta and beta,i still like his cha cha performance and he really did well in the hip hop thing.

Zizi did too much rolling around than dance,omotola i think she did beta cos hip hop suits her size thats all still dont want to see her waltz though,but her hip hop was good.

who again?, well how can i? Omowumi!now that girl is a dancer she did her bit well and well,she just has the body and she does carry it too well too,But funlola,i think she is a good dancer too, how cant i think so after that her Agolo performance i started watching the show cos of her but her hip hop performance was more of a drag routine,not it at all,i think she tries too hard as if her life depends on it but nevertheless she is good so i expect something beta from her.it was nice they put kunle out of his misery,wish him well though.

and for the judges,wats with them giving out marks,i think they are scared of the audience who may include some mushin no nonsense boys who would take them down but wats with them doing acting on funny.and i really wonder why the dances are like dance drama,i just prefer dance thats all.
Re: Celebrity Takes Two: New Dance Reality Show (Sponsor: Skyebank) by Zizi(f): 4:14pm On Nov 20, 2007
Am back again. The hip hop was not that bad. Overall I rate the dances 7/10. Pasuma in his usual way was AWFUL shocked shocked shocked!!!!!!!!!!!! Can we get that guy out of the show plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Zizi am afraid goofed this time although I love the fact that despite her age she is so flexible and enjoys what she does. Her steps were so unhip hop and very uncreative. I blame her partner for not comin up with creative and entertaining routines. Omotola for the first time impressed me with her dance steps even though she is so so heavy on her feet but on the whole she tried. I hope Nomoreloss goes next. I hate the fact that such a young hippy guy like that cannot dance moreso he is a singer. YucK!!!!!!! Funlola gush, I think she has a terrible partner who always tries to do out of this world routines and ends up blowing it. Sound Sultan I think would be one the finalist. He certainly dances better than his useless partner who is so so stiff. Bryan ain't bad at all except that his too flat footed and a bit clumsy with his steps and his partner is way too hyper active and way too short for him. That explains why he always slouches when he is dancing. Omawunmi, waow she is awesome!!!!!!!!!!! Her partner is certainly my best SOD dancer. He comes up with brilliant routines and she pulls it off so WELL. I think she may win this competion and her youthfulness is certainly a plus for her.

The judges, hmm I like Segun. He makes very constructive criticisms but I always get pissed when he scores Pasuma. Why do they keep dashing him marks. The white chick I honestly do not understand her criticisms, Must she always repeat what the other judges say? Then the other guy, (Sighs), never makes any point to me and why is he trying so hard to be Simon/ Dede of the Idol Fame or Nigel of so you think you can dance fame? Or Pulezeeeeeee get real with your criticisms man. The organizers should try and bring in more experienced guest judges. The Kuti Lady was not so bad. Stella was so unserious while Fred Amata was a total wash.

Now they seriously need to do something about the male presenter . He is sooooooo LOUSYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY (with a capital L)!!!!!! He lacks creativity and I hate his diction with a passion and how he takes over the program forgetting he has a Co presenter. And whats with the way he holds the microphone as if he wants to chew it? (HISSES)

Generally I think the show might get better. Nice job at least they are keeping us glued to our set on saturday night & sunday afternoon (even though I hate to admit it)
Re: Celebrity Takes Two: New Dance Reality Show (Sponsor: Skyebank) by hannydarl(f): 10:29pm On Nov 20, 2007
the show is dumb i repeat they should watch dancing with the stars and see how movie stars who are not even musicians dance to crown the insult they are airing it on mnet or so i heard pls they should not show our stupidity to the world o since those dancers with rusty bones are just trying they should keep the show within the country abeg the dancers are soooooo plain clueless they can dance like that at parties where no one cares but not for competitions.Most people grading them good or okay have to see dancing with the stars and thay will be embarrassed at what theose naija rusty bones are doing. No be by force to dance with the stars sef we too copy for nigeria even if we no dey well equiped to do so.all the judges and presenters na sofo atutu boyoyo them be.
Re: Celebrity Takes Two: New Dance Reality Show (Sponsor: Skyebank) by diyobdw(f): 8:45am On Nov 21, 2007
hannydarl:

the show is dumb i repeat they should watch dancing with the stars and see how movie stars who are not even musicians dance to crown the insult they are airing it on mnet or so i heard please they should not show our stupidity to the world o since those dancers with rusty bones are just trying they should keep the show within the country abeg the dancers are soooooo plain clueless they can dance like that at parties where no one cares but not for competitions.Most people grading them good or okay have to see dancing with the stars and thay will be embarrassed at what theose naija rusty bones are doing. No be by force to dance with the stars sef we too copy for nigeria even if we no dey well equiped to do so.all the judges and presenters na sofo atutu boyoyo them be.

No one is saying they are okay on dance-
about how well rubbers, irons and woods that are flourishing in their arena can bend to the dictated beats.

Copy or not copy a step forward is beta than standing still after all their is some creativity in the there . FYI every idea is copied somehow.

Get the whole pix and u would see what we all see
Re: Celebrity Takes Two: New Dance Reality Show (Sponsor: Skyebank) by hype: 2:16pm On Nov 21, 2007
@hannydarl, Please stop boreing us with ur comment we've heard you, If you hate the show so much then stop watching it atleast its not a must.
Re: Celebrity Takes Two: New Dance Reality Show (Sponsor: Skyebank) by olayhincar(m): 3:53pm On Nov 21, 2007
you guys are doing a great job.please how do i check my name on unilag adimssion list

Re: Celebrity Takes Two: New Dance Reality Show (Sponsor: Skyebank) by seun001(m): 5:10pm On Nov 21, 2007
olayhincar:

you guys are doing a great job.please how do i check my name on unilag adimssion list

hmmmmmm!anoda hermaphrodite!na wa ooo!abi sebi na ur pic be that hmmm. lipsrsealed
Re: Celebrity Takes Two: New Dance Reality Show (Sponsor: Skyebank) by 9ja4eva: 7:43am On Nov 22, 2007
How is the show coming up?
Re: Celebrity Takes Two: New Dance Reality Show (Sponsor: Skyebank) by Pk001(m): 12:23pm On Nov 23, 2007
Nice concept.

Nigerians are improving everyday.
Atleast I can compare it to an extent with strictly come dancing on SABC.

All the celebreties are trying, but they should improve on the way they talk by learning from the south africans.
They talk simple and straight to the point.

Thumbs up to the organisers. I AM PROUD TO BE A NIGERIAN.
Re: Celebrity Takes Two: New Dance Reality Show (Sponsor: Skyebank) by Modups1(f): 11:58am On Nov 26, 2007
watched yesterdays episode and it was fun as usual
i however have problems with some of the judgments

zizi , funlola & omowunmi were scored high marks but omowunmi was criticised by dayo for not doing "contemporary african dance", the poor girl was exasperated no be small
y is he always finding uneccessary faults?
i know he is supposed to critise them but haba! his own criticsm is too harsh

and y are they always  going on about omotola's size? that is just not nice ah ah  angry
Re: Celebrity Takes Two: New Dance Reality Show (Sponsor: Skyebank) by Egavlas(m): 12:22pm On Nov 26, 2007
Hey guys, I think former most beutiful girl, Omawunmi and Wale should be the winners.

Those two move very well together.

Omawunmi surprises me.

The last two performances were something to behold.

I actually saw a white guy in the audience almost in tears in awe of the performance.

Though the professional dancer who is one of the judges dampened the whole enthusiasm with his comments.

I think she deserves it from what I have seen so far.
Re: Celebrity Takes Two: New Dance Reality Show (Sponsor: Skyebank) by Egavlas(m): 12:30pm On Nov 26, 2007
Modups!:

watched yesterdays episode and it was fun as usual
i however have problems with some of the judgments

zizi , funlola & omowunmi were scored high marks but omowunmi was criticised by dayo for not doing "contemporary african dance", the poor girl was exasperated no be small
y is he always finding uneccessary faults?
i know he is supposed to critise them but haba! his own criticsm is too harsh

and y are they always going on about omotola's size? that is just not nice ah ah angry

Modups,

Julius made that comment about Omotola's size again yesterday.

It must have been embarrasing for her.

I know that any little comment about a female's weight or size, really worries em.

And not forgeting she is a celebrity so it must be worrying to her.
Re: Celebrity Takes Two: New Dance Reality Show (Sponsor: Skyebank) by Modups1(f): 12:44pm On Nov 26, 2007
we can be so insensitive in this country dat it amazes me tongue
omosexy knows she is not slim but to have her size being discussed every week on tv during judgement is just not on
it's not like she is an "iya apkati" or "orobo" abi

dat aside, wat does dayo mean by "using energy from within & not forcing it"? cos dats wat he told sound sultan even after d guy danced his heart out

julius meanwhile was not "impressed" with brian dance shocked, na wa oh
its beginning to look like they r putting down d fine ones undecided

we must vote for our faves b4 bad belle go yank dem out, abi dem want pasuma to win shocked shocked shocked
Re: Celebrity Takes Two: New Dance Reality Show (Sponsor: Skyebank) by Egavlas(m): 12:51pm On Nov 26, 2007
lol

Pasuma can't dance even if his life depends on it.

And this surprises me cause he is a musician.

Even if his genre is juju, dance should be in him.

Another surprise is nomoreloss, a musician/artist who was struggling with his steps.

Maybe his comedian's posture didnt allow him to be serious.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigeria, Others Fail To Meet Digital Transmission Deadline / BBNaija: Cee C Is Not Married - Cee-C's Team / Photos From Mo Abudu's Movie Premiere 'fifty' In London

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.