Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,196 members, 7,818,652 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:52 PM

Jubilation In The North On Ojukwu's Death - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jubilation In The North On Ojukwu's Death (4039 Views)

History Sunday 101: My Questions On Ojukwu / Very Interesting: America's Secret Files On Ojukwu. / The Time Magazine On Ojukwu:the Gentleman Rebel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jubilation In The North On Ojukwu's Death by manchy7531: 8:31am On Nov 28, 2011
i called a friend who is serving in jigawa state and we were discussing Ojukwu's death and how the news is being received in the norther.he told me that they where jubilating in the north that ojukwu is dead (The man they love to Fear) and they are praying also that Obasanjo and Goodluck dies also.I was shocked when he told this.I keep asking what kind of human beings we are living with in the same container called Nigeria.
Re: Jubilation In The North On Ojukwu's Death by Ddaji(m): 9:30am On Nov 28, 2011
You and your friend are big liars.why should north celebrate over his death? Pls. Stop posting scrapt in naira land
Re: Jubilation In The North On Ojukwu's Death by Andrew3(m): 9:37am On Nov 28, 2011
A circumstantial fallacy of an argument-um emi-xericheodia angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Jubilation In The North On Ojukwu's Death by Beaf1: 12:37pm On Nov 28, 2011
Liar!!!
Re: Jubilation In The North On Ojukwu's Death by jason123: 12:39pm On Nov 28, 2011
Trash talk! Northerners, although have their problems, are more humble than that!
Re: Jubilation In The North On Ojukwu's Death by kokoA(m): 12:39pm On Nov 28, 2011
Your friend thinks his compound is 'north' abi undecided
Re: Jubilation In The North On Ojukwu's Death by texazzpete(m): 1:10pm On Nov 28, 2011
Instead of focusing on how to make money, the OP is seeking for cheap popularity on an online forum by posting inflammatory gossip. Smh.
Re: Jubilation In The North On Ojukwu's Death by manchy7531: 1:18pm On Nov 28, 2011
well this is what i was told on phone.i corper friend of mine told me where he is staying that some people where very happy at the news of his death and that it is very popular to see them pray and curse GEJ and OBJ to die.i did not believe it myself but just posted it to see if anybody have heard something similar.
Re: Jubilation In The North On Ojukwu's Death by jason123: 1:23pm On Nov 28, 2011
It is the same kind of lie that started the civil war. It is the same kind of lie that made Igbos hate awo.

Guy, propaganda is very bad!
Re: Jubilation In The North On Ojukwu's Death by manchy7531: 1:48pm On Nov 28, 2011
mr midwest boi,don't be darft.

Read what i wrote well.it is possible what he told me is true since he is serving there and don't get it twisted the friend of mine is yoruba.he use to be my course mate in school.
Re: Jubilation In The North On Ojukwu's Death by Beaf1: 2:26pm On Nov 28, 2011
manchy7531:

mr midwest boi,don't be darft.

Read what i wrote well. it is possible what he told me is true since he is serving there and don't get it twisted the friend of mine is yoruba.he use to be my course mate in school.

So your friend told you something that you are not sure happened and you rushed down here and create a very 'Juicy' Heading for your thread?  cheesy

"Jubilation In The North Over Ojukwu's Death"

Like the useless tabloids we have today in this country. Abi u dey work for Sunnews or Thisday newspaper?

Your friend is a Liar!!  cheesy
Re: Jubilation In The North On Ojukwu's Death by hakanai(m): 2:56pm On Nov 28, 2011
^^^^ beaf you said it all abeg!!!

manchy7531:

well this is what i was told on phone[b].i corper friend of mine told me where he is staying that some people where very happy at the news of his death and that it is very popular to see them pray and curse GEJ and OBJ to die.i did not believe it myself but just posted it to see if anybody have heard something similar.[/b]
manchy7531:

i called a friend who is serving in jigawa state and we were discussing Ojukwu's death and how the news is being received in the norther.he told me that they where jubilating in the north that ojukwu is dead (The man they love to Fear) and they are praying also that Obasanjo and Goodluck dies also.I was shocked when he told this.I keep asking what kind of human beings we are living with in the same container called Nigeria.

@op
meanwhile you seem to be watering down the report due to comments to your post.That means your grounds for the rumour is not sound or what?You started with North and ended with area in less than 3hours!!!!
Someone asked if your friends compound is the North?Maybe you should answer that person abeg.
Re: Jubilation In The North On Ojukwu's Death by ektbear: 2:59pm On Nov 28, 2011
Cheap propaganda. "Love to fear?" lmao

op should be ashamed of himself
Re: Jubilation In The North On Ojukwu's Death by Pukkah: 6:43pm On Nov 28, 2011
manchy7531:

Read what i wrote well.it is possible what he told me is true since he is serving there and don't get it twisted the friend of mine is yoruba.he use to be my course mate in school.

If you were not sure of your facts then the title of the thread should not have been so emphatic. I advise that you modify the title.
Re: Jubilation In The North On Ojukwu's Death by namfav(m): 6:46pm On Nov 28, 2011
im happy that most people have not fall for this trap of false news
Re: Jubilation In The North On Ojukwu's Death by aljharem3: 6:48pm On Nov 28, 2011
this is really a thread that should be ignored, do not be surprise if they say there is riot in the north because of ojukwu. You watch
Re: Jubilation In The North On Ojukwu's Death by Nobody: 7:39pm On Nov 28, 2011
ROTFLMAO!!! grin grin grin

NLers and their "I heard. . . ." stories.
Re: Jubilation In The North On Ojukwu's Death by AndreUweh(m): 7:43pm On Nov 28, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

ROTFLMAO!!! grin grin grin

NLers and their "I heard. . . ." stories.
To all easterners, the above poster is now a friend of Ndigbo. No more hostilities.
Re: Jubilation In The North On Ojukwu's Death by Digriz(m): 8:41pm On Nov 28, 2011
the poster is right,i just called a friend of mine and confirmed its true.
Re: Jubilation In The North On Ojukwu's Death by IG: 8:51pm On Nov 28, 2011
Digriz:

the poster is right,i just called a friend of mine and confirmed its true.

I didn't call anybody, I'm living in the North. An I tell you it's a lie. What I am trying hard to understand is why somebody will think Northerners will be happy for Ojukwu's death. What are we going to gain from his death? It is culturally wrong across the North to talk bad of the death talkless of celebrating a person's death.

Please guys, find time to take a trip across the Niger maybe it will help you drop some of your prejudices.
Re: Jubilation In The North On Ojukwu's Death by Nobody: 10:00pm On Nov 28, 2011
I wonder y u pple are quick to judge. . .at least give d poster a break.
there is every possibility dat it is true. The jubilation may not necessarily be in all of d northern states, it could even only be in one part, and d guy happened to serve dere. . .
So no need to chop d guy raw. . .d story could be very true, No be dis nigeria?
And if u really do know d story and history behind d nigerian civil war, and d biafra secession, then u should be able to believe dis post a lil bit.
Re: Jubilation In The North On Ojukwu's Death by PointB: 10:26pm On Nov 28, 2011
booqee:

I wonder y u pple are quick to judge. . .at least give d poster a break.
there is every possibility dat it is true. The jubilation may not necessarily be in all of d northern states, it could even only be in one part, and d guy happened to serve dere. . .
So no need to chop d guy raw. . .d story could be very true, No be dis nigeria?
And if u really do know d story and history behind d nigerian civil war, and d biafra secession, then u should be able to believe dis post a lil bit.

What else would expect from abokis?
Are they not the same fellows who descended on innocent corpers for no just cause? Are they not the same people who slaughter innocent Nigerians for cartoons published in Denmark?

To expect more from them is to give them undeserved credit. We are in this country together; and we will work with them to implode it from the inside, if that is what they want.
Re: Jubilation In The North On Ojukwu's Death by aljharem3: 10:31pm On Nov 28, 2011
PointB:

What else would expect from abokis?
Are they not the same fellows who descended on innocent corpers for no just cause? Are they not the same people who slaughter innocent Nigerians for cartoons published in Denmark?

To expect more from them is to give them undeserved credit. We are in this country together; and we will work with them to implode it from the inside, if that is what they want.

stop wiping sentiment against the north

the OP should tell us

1. Where the jubilation was ( the location)

2. Where is friend or whatever is

3. How his friend heard the jubilation on Ojukwu particular

if not there is no case here, stop spreading falsehood here
angry
to what gain would it be if the north is jubilating over someone that is died ?

what profit ?
Re: Jubilation In The North On Ojukwu's Death by PointB: 10:46pm On Nov 28, 2011
alj_harem:

stop wiping sentiment against the north

the OP should tell us

1. Where the jubilation was ( the location)

2. Where is friend or whatever is

3. How his friend heard the jubilation on Ojukwu particular

if not there is no case here, stop spreading falsehood here
angry
to what gain would it be if the north is jubilating over someone that is died ?

what profit ?

Shattap there my friend,
I am not whipping up any sentiment against the north; I am only inferring their capability based on their antecedent.
Is there any fallacy in what I wrote?

Did the north not kill innocent corpers and other civilians after the election?
What about the danish cartoon and miss world? What was the profit in these massacres and death?

What is the profit in slaughtering the Berom people? Since we are counting profit!

So if they can kill people in cold blood, what is the big deal gloating over a dead enemy?
Re: Jubilation In The North On Ojukwu's Death by DisGuy: 11:37pm On Nov 28, 2011
manchy7531:

well this is what i was told on phone.i corper friend of mine told me where he is staying that some people where very happy at the news of his death and that [size=14pt]it is very popular to see them pray and curse GEJ and OBJ to die[/size].i did not believe it myself but just posted it to see if anybody have heard something similar.

isn't this like 'normal' all over Nigeria?

You only have to look at the post about El Rufai's Daughter, I'm very sure those nitwits happy about it are not northerners!!!
Re: Jubilation In The North On Ojukwu's Death by Beaf: 11:57pm On Nov 28, 2011
haka_nai:

^^^^ beaf you said it all abeg!!!

That was not Beaf, but a fake.
I do not jump to sentimental conclusions, especially on threads like this; it is very possible that there are people in the North jubilating at Ojukwu's passing and wishing that both GEJ and Obj will be killed. Afterall, we might be talking about members of the elite who think boko haram is a worthy political tool and parts of the country where more than a thousand were slaughtered, because Buhari lost the ballot.

@topic
I pity those rushing to bully the OP. It would have been best to attempt to verify the story with questions like where, when and in what setting his claims occurred. But it is quite clear that the small-minded agbero mentality that has kept Nigeria backward is still well and truly alive in todays youth. What a disgrace! embarassed
Re: Jubilation In The North On Ojukwu's Death by Sagamite(m): 12:39am On Nov 29, 2011
manchy7531:

well this is what i was told on phone.i corper friend of mine told me where he is staying that some people where very happy at the news of his death and that it is very popular to see them pray and curse GEJ and OBJ to die.i did not believe it myself but just posted it to see if anybody have heard something similar.

You are a cretin!

This is what someone that does not believe and wants to see if anybody has heard similat says?

manchy7531:

Bloody cretin!
Re: Jubilation In The North On Ojukwu's Death by Nobody: 1:02am On Nov 29, 2011
Ojukwu's plan then was to secede d igbo nation from nigeria and become republic of biafra for certain reasons.
Note dat dis region are d ones producing a notable portion
of crude oil(a great source of nigerian wealth), as at d time
if u're conversant wit history, d other regions most especially d north rejected dis decision because they'll no longer av access to 'oil money' as they(northerners) were d ones practically holding on to d seat of power. .(and they were extremely self centered not minding national development), thus d beginning of d civil war. So for dis obvious reason, dis guy, ojukwu, was extremely abhorred and resented by dem for coming up with such an idea dat wouldn't favour them.
Some might say, it had happened a long time ago, but i tell u, a lot of pple in d north includin some northern political leaders still holds dis terrible resentment and hatred for ojukwu.
So then, why should u say d poster is a liar,and dat d fact dat d northern pple are jubilatin over his death is a big lie too?
when i heard, pple in d north were rejoicing, i wasn't suprised in d least bit.
Infact its sounds perfectly normal of d northern pple, considering their record of violence and hate.
Re: Jubilation In The North On Ojukwu's Death by aljharem3: 1:13am On Nov 29, 2011
booqee:

Ojukwu's plan then was to secede d igbo nation from nigeria and become republic of biafra for certain reasons.
Note dat dis region are d ones producing a notable portion
of crude oil(a great source of nigerian wealth), as at d time
if u're conversant wit history, d other regions most especially d north rejected dis decision because they'll no longer av access to 'oil money' as they(northerners) were d ones practically holding on to d seat of power. .(and they were extremely self centered not minding national development), thus d beginning of d civil war. So for dis obvious reason, dis guy, ojukwu, was extremely abhorred and resented by dem for coming up with such an idea dat wouldn't favour them.
Some might say, it had happened a long time ago, but i tell u, a lot of pple in d north includin some northern political leaders still holds dis terrible resentment and hatred for ojukwu.
So then, why should u say d poster is a liar,and dat d fact dat d northern pple are jubilatin over his death is a big lie too?
when i heard, pple in d north were rejoicing, i wasn't suprised in d least bit.
Infact its sounds perfectly normal of d northern pple, considering their record of violence and hate.

so Baifra was about Igbos and not the so called eastern region ?

Let me remained you, the so called Oil producers back then are not in Igbo land and never was

the war was not about OIL. far from it

It was about arrogance and fight for power and domination.

Did you know of the Aburi meeting ?

What happened after that ?

Did you know of how baifra aka Ojukwu sent bombs to kill the westerners ?

Did you know of the mid-west massacre ?

I guess not
Re: Jubilation In The North On Ojukwu's Death by Beaf: 1:21am On Nov 29, 2011
alj_harem:

so Baifra was about Igbos and not the so called eastern region ?

Let me remained you, the so called Oil producers back then are not in Igbo land and never was

the war was not about OIL. far from it

It was about arrogance and fight for power and domination.

Did you know of the Aburi meeting ?

What happened after that ?

Did you know of how baifra aka Ojukwu sent bombs to kill the westerners ?

Did you know of the mid-west massacre ?

I guess not

Hatred to loud decibels! shocked
Aboki, your hateful diatribe above only confirms what the OP has said. I bet you cracked a bottle of kunu open to celebrate.
Re: Jubilation In The North On Ojukwu's Death by aljharem3: 1:28am On Nov 29, 2011
Beaf:

Hatred to loud decibels! shocked
Aboki, your hateful diatribe above only confirms what the OP has said. I bet you cracked a bottle of kunu open to celebrate.

God forbid me jubilating over a dead man. I would never do such thing

The fight for power is not only by Ojukwu ( God bless his soul) but by other generals

as you can see, the so called generation that fought the war are the ones still rulling Nigeria till this very day.

or am i telling a lie ?
Re: Jubilation In The North On Ojukwu's Death by manchy7531: 8:15am On Nov 29, 2011
in as much as am not going argue with anybody on this issue,at the same time am not going to dispute what am been told because there is a possibility that there was indeed jubilation.
BTW, jigawa is not the whole north.that you are based in the north maybe in kano,kaduna or sokoto, etc does not mean you know what is happening in other parts of the north particularly jigawa.also it may not be the whole jigawa but i can confirm to you that my friend told me that it was a thing of joy to hear that ojukwu is dead where he is staying in jigawa which means other parts of jigawa and probably the north in general maybe happy as well.don't be deceived by their politicians and leaders.

Also am yet to hear sultan's of sokoto's comment on Ojukwu's death.Don't forget they don't just see him as a breakaway leader,they also see him as a crusader.

am otta here

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lebanese In Nigeria Live Under Specter Of Civil War / David Mark’s Neo-Zikist intentions / Omojuwa Called Out GEJ : Let Us Die If We Will Die, But Let Us Face The Truth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.