Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,866 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:42 PM

Police Teargas Nigerian Graduates Like Criminals During Bank Interview - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Teargas Nigerian Graduates Like Criminals During Bank Interview (1469 Views)

UK Dailymail - Shots, Teargas Fired At Pro-biafra Demo In Nigeria / Breaking News: Police Teargas Protesting Rivers State APC Candidates / Ekiti: Police Disperse APC Lawmakers With Teargas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Teargas Nigerian Graduates Like Criminals During Bank Interview by ebos(m): 4:06pm On Sep 25, 2007
Check out the picture. It was not a Political rally neither was it a Refuge Camp. Don’t even think it was a crowd trooping out from the Stadium after a match. It was simply a scene that depicted Nigeria ugly state of affairs. These were over 30,000 Nigerian graduates scampering for Intercontinental Bank Interview at Opebi, Ikeja, Lagos State, Nigeria. The picture didn’t get half of the people. How many people would be recruited and how many would go back waiting for God, the only source of Nigeria hope to liberate this country? Nigeria leaders are busy diverting every kobo to their personal packets while our youths are scorching to fritter away against their wishes. The Police had to use teargas to disperse the innocent graduates when the situation could not be brought under control. What else, waste of manpower, even treated like criminals? Obviously, it was a National disgrace.
Re: Police Teargas Nigerian Graduates Like Criminals During Bank Interview by ebos(m): 4:23pm On Sep 25, 2007
This is the picture of the above post
Re: Police Teargas Nigerian Graduates Like Criminals During Bank Interview by zigam(m): 4:29pm On Sep 25, 2007
May God help Nigeria! It is really a s hame to oil producing country (Nigeria). Some countries are lokking for manpower, but it is a waster in Nigeria.
Re: Police Teargas Nigerian Graduates Like Criminals During Bank Interview by zigam(m): 4:32pm On Sep 25, 2007
A friend of mine told me about this very interview, but I didn't understand him well. This picture has elucidated everything about the interview.
Re: Police Teargas Nigerian Graduates Like Criminals During Bank Interview by Mamajama(m): 8:58pm On Sep 25, 2007
Why wasn't any of this published in any news paper? instead they are busy chasing OBJ and BIGb1
Re: Police Teargas Nigerian Graduates Like Criminals During Bank Interview by seyibrown(f): 2:53pm On Oct 02, 2007
WHEN WILL THINGS CHANGE IN NIGERIA? AFTER ALL THE OROKU IN SCHOOL,SOME BLOODY ILLITERATES USING TEARGAS ON THEM!! POOR GUYS!!!WHAT A SHAME!!!
Re: Police Teargas Nigerian Graduates Like Criminals During Bank Interview by BigB11(m): 4:14pm On Oct 02, 2007
If our goal is moving forward, then we have to be honest.

Looking at this picture, I see:
1. A very deadly environment
2. Uncivilized or unmannered group of people
3. Disconsolateness in action

And I'm very sorry, I refuse to castigate Police Dept for taking this appropriate action to control the situation; infact, I'm very proud of them this time.

Instead, I blame the leaders who have completely capitalized on stealing and permanently incapacitating the future of our nation; If it was up to me, anyone guilty of corruption will be publicly executed in his or her home town (I still strongly believe that this is the only solution to corruption in Nigeria).

I blame the Intercontinental Bank for not following a conventional steps or standard to conduct an adequate job interview process; I wouldn't be surprised if this was intentionally done to promote the image of the institution, by unnecessarily creating a scene for public attention.
If It was up to me, the bank will be severely penalized and I will make sure that the entire HR team is immediately replaced.

Finally, I blame the graduate students for not properly comporting themselves. As educated citizens of Nigeria, you must purely understand the importance of comporting yourself with respect under any circumstances. We must exhibit a positive image of great citizens of Nigeria and never never allow desperation to turn us into an uncaged animal. If it was up to me, none of these folks will be employed.

Regardless of the current economic or unemployment status, my people could have handled this dreadful situation much more better than what is on this disgraceful Pic.

There is absolutely no excuse!
Re: Police Teargas Nigerian Graduates Like Criminals During Bank Interview by Mamajama(m): 5:22pm On Oct 02, 2007
Nicely said BIGB1. But i refused to agree with you on the notion any corrupt politicians should be publicly executed in their home town.

That action is in-humane and we are not in a jungle. I never thought a day would come that you will give KUDOS to police.

My question was, why didn't this bank hire an employment agency to conduct the interview and hiring process for them?
Re: Police Teargas Nigerian Graduates Like Criminals During Bank Interview by iykrion(m): 5:33pm On Oct 02, 2007
sad sad sad sad sad sad Sweet wind of change!
Re: Police Teargas Nigerian Graduates Like Criminals During Bank Interview by Iman3(m): 11:11pm On Oct 02, 2007
iykrion:

You got there before me.I don't actually believe those pictures were from a Bank interview
Re: Police Teargas Nigerian Graduates Like Criminals During Bank Interview by Nobody: 11:14pm On Oct 02, 2007
iykrion:

The problem with Nigeria is YOU and ME! grin grin grin Nigerians love to bury their heads in the sands of denial.
Re: Police Teargas Nigerian Graduates Like Criminals During Bank Interview by Iman3(m): 11:17pm On Oct 02, 2007
davidylan:

The problem with Nigeria is YOU and ME! grin grin grin

I heard when you left Nigeria,you took most of the jobs along with you to the US!Better go and hand back the jobs to our graduates
Re: Police Teargas Nigerian Graduates Like Criminals During Bank Interview by Nobody: 11:20pm On Oct 02, 2007
I-man:

I heard when you left Nigeria,you took most of the jobs along with you to the US!Better go and hand back the jobs to our graduates

That was all you heard? I have the federal allocation for the entire yr in my bank account. The problem with Nigeria is indeed me! grin
Re: Police Teargas Nigerian Graduates Like Criminals During Bank Interview by mrpataki(m): 8:05am On Oct 03, 2007
My heart weeps for the nation. Times when I sit down here to think of possible developments in this country, I cry because I should be thinking of these great developments for my country.

How many will the bank absorb? undecided Those who are going to get appointed for the job are sitting in the comfort of their houses, watching DSTV, while the desperate ones with no connections go there to take in teargas.

May God help Nigeria cry cry
Re: Police Teargas Nigerian Graduates Like Criminals During Bank Interview by zigam(m): 8:12am On Oct 03, 2007
I-man:

You got there before me.I don't actually believe those pictures were from a Bank interview

I heard of the interview when a friend of mine came back. He even put the number to 50,000 and I doubted him. Someone also said the interview was the worst in Nigeria. It is a disgrace to Nigeria. They are busy chasing ladies on trousers and demolishing places where petty traders get their daily bread. I know some graduates are even fed by their parents - some of these parents have lost all the places due to demolition exercise going on now.
Re: Police Teargas Nigerian Graduates Like Criminals During Bank Interview by mrpataki(m): 2:33pm On Oct 03, 2007
zigam:

I heard of the interview when a friend of mine came back. He even put the number to 50,000 and I doubted him. Someone also said the interview was the worst in Nigeria. It is a disgrace to Nigeria. They are busy chasing ladies on trousers and demolishing places where petty traders get their daily bread. I know some graduates are even fed by their parents - some of these parents have lost all the places due to demolition exercise going on now.

Yet some people delude themselves that a sweet wind of change is blowing in Nigeria. Maybe we now define things upside down.
Re: Police Teargas Nigerian Graduates Like Criminals During Bank Interview by ono(m): 2:53pm On Oct 03, 2007
Big B1:

If our goal is moving forward, then we have to be honest.

Looking at this picture, I see:
1. A very deadly environment
2. Uncivilized or unmannered group of people
3. Disconsolateness in action

And I'm very sorry, I refuse to castigate Police Dept for taking this appropriate action to control the situation; infact, I'm very proud of them this time.

Instead, I blame the leaders who have completely capitalized on stealing and permanently incapacitating the future of our nation; If it was up to me, anyone guilty of corruption will be publicly executed in his or her home town (I still strongly believe that this is the only solution to corruption in Nigeria).

I blame the Intercontinental Bank for not following a conventional steps or standard to conduct an adequate job interview process; I wouldn't be surprised if this was intentionally done to promote the image of the institution, by unnecessarily creating a scene for public attention.
If It was up to me, the bank will be severely penalized and I will make sure that the entire HR team is immediately replaced.

Finally, I blame the graduate students for not properly comporting themselves. As educated citizens of Nigeria, you must purely understand the importance of comporting yourself with respect under any circumstances. We must exhibit a positive image of great citizens of Nigeria and never never allow desperation to turn us into an uncaged animal. If it was up to me, none of these folks will be employed.

Regardless of the current economic or unemployment status, my people could have handled this dreadful situation much more better than what is on this disgraceful Pic.

There is absolutely no excuse!

Hmn. . . . . Nice one up there Big b1. Thought provoking.
Re: Police Teargas Nigerian Graduates Like Criminals During Bank Interview by osereka(m): 2:59pm On Oct 03, 2007
and they jubilates when theif escape prosecution in delta and rivers
SHAME SHAME SHAME
Re: Police Teargas Nigerian Graduates Like Criminals During Bank Interview by Mariory(m): 3:02pm On Oct 03, 2007
How many of those graduates actually have the qualifications needed for the positions offered?
Re: Police Teargas Nigerian Graduates Like Criminals During Bank Interview by Nobody: 12:38am On Oct 04, 2007
See sweet sweet breeze of change! grin
Re: Police Teargas Nigerian Graduates Like Criminals During Bank Interview by Ndipe(m): 1:54am On Oct 04, 2007
Very pitiable!.

The poor keeps getting blamed for their misfortune. Try advicing a hungry man to eat slowly when a plate of a hot steaming eba with egusi soup is placed in front of them. Please lets put ourselves in their shoes. I am not an advocate of indiscipline, but the suffering is way too much back home. It is very discouraging. At times, when you think of relocating back home, pictures like this reinforces the belief that Nigeria, irrespective of the stride made in economic status has not equally distributed their wealth. It is a shame.
Re: Police Teargas Nigerian Graduates Like Criminals During Bank Interview by ebos(m): 12:59pm On Oct 04, 2007
If you watch the picture well, you will discover that they were carrying their big envelopes that contained their credentials- they raised the envelopes up.

(1) (Reply)

Ibori Falls Very Ill In Jail. / Abdulmuttalab The Man That Saved Nigeria's Image / God Punish You, Lord Lugard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.