Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,797 members, 7,810,075 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:07 PM

Ekiti: Police Disperse APC Lawmakers With Teargas - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ekiti: Police Disperse APC Lawmakers With Teargas (28551 Views)

Police Attack Protesting Shiite Members In Abuja,Teargas Them(pics) / Soldiers Disperse Dariqa Muslims In Yobe State. Photos / Police Use Live Bullets To Disperse Protesting Youths In Kaduna. (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ekiti: Police Disperse APC Lawmakers With Teargas by lalasticlala(m): 1:40pm On Apr 01, 2015
The crisis rocking the Ekiti State House of Assembly continued on Wednesday when 16 out of the 19 All Progressives Congress (APC) members arrived to hold a parliamentary session only to see the complex sealed off.

The Ekiti State Commissioner of Police, Mr Taiwo Lakanu, ordered the sealing off of the complex. The police were backed by a detachment of soldiers.
The two factional Speakers, Adewale Omirin and Dele Olugbemi, avoided each other.

However, the ‘sitting’ by the APC lawmakers lasted about 20 minutes before they were dispersed with teargas.

Omirin said they had only come to the Assembly to perform their legislative functions.

http://newtelegraphonline.com/ekiti-police-disperse-apc-lawmakers-with-teargas/

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ekiti: Police Disperse APC Lawmakers With Teargas by barackodam: 1:43pm On Apr 01, 2015
eh eh, which kind man dis Fayose be!!!!

later una go say make dem no send am go jail

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekiti: Police Disperse APC Lawmakers With Teargas by Nobody: 1:44pm On Apr 01, 2015
I believe this man will be impeached!! He's bitten more than he could chew

Space dedicated to....

GMB!
SAI BABA

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ekiti: Police Disperse APC Lawmakers With Teargas by orobs93(m): 1:45pm On Apr 01, 2015
Power has changed hand

5 Likes

Re: Ekiti: Police Disperse APC Lawmakers With Teargas by Nobody: 1:45pm On Apr 01, 2015
Rochas ur judgement day is on 11th of April 2015 there is no place for ur to
hide even those ur brothers and sisters that came from north that voted
for buhari their vote we not save you. be ready to leave Douglass house

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ekiti: Police Disperse APC Lawmakers With Teargas by Mutuwa(m): 1:46pm On Apr 01, 2015
Display of shame..
Re: Ekiti: Police Disperse APC Lawmakers With Teargas by Breiny: 1:49pm On Apr 01, 2015
Fayose is like the proverbial stubborn fly. It will follow a corpse to the grave. I'm positive that this man will make history as the first governor in Nigeria to be impeached twice. You will say I said it.

62 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ekiti: Police Disperse APC Lawmakers With Teargas by Sweetguy25: 1:50pm On Apr 01, 2015
Lol. Fashola is the type executive Nigerians deserve.

8 Likes

Re: Ekiti: Police Disperse APC Lawmakers With Teargas by Burger01(m): 1:50pm On Apr 01, 2015
Fayose, whether you like it or not, you WILL be impeached and jailed! cheesy

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekiti: Police Disperse APC Lawmakers With Teargas by Nobody: 1:51pm On Apr 01, 2015
[b]This election is not about GEJ been scammed in southwest or not. The people of the SW and north spoke the truth with their votes. It is unfortunate the Igbos made a wrong political gamble by supporting GEJ even though he failed woefully and did nothing tangible for their region. They failed to forget the past and embrace national unity hence their political decisions has always damaged their chances of having a major political influence or relevance in the Nigerian system.

There were so many indications that Jonathan was going to lose - He prepared late; he was careful with the timing of his declaration, when body language showed he was interested. He had no message for the people. All I heard were trains and fertilizers, YouWin, benin-Ore road and SureP(Really?) for 6 years. His campaign strategies reeled of derogatory statements and unnecessary personality attacks instead of concrete manifestos. APC employed consultants, PDP employed losers (FFKs, Okupe, Abati, Reuben, TANs etc). Jonathan heated the polity with ethnic-religious campaign strategies, jumping from one church to another; what do you think the Muslims would do? His wife continued to make derogatory statements against the North calling them names for making babies they can't cater for and insulting them with the constant mention of Almajiri schools. He was deceived by his aides , greedy people around him and he became a sectional leader. He was a bad product and I made mention of this regularly, a bad product never sells.

So I would say he scammed himself, he deceived himself by running to the south west bribing kings for endorsements as if the masses don't know what they really want.

He has successfully created a divide along tribal, religious and ethnic line all around the country and it will take a massive national reorientation to restore our national unity.

I will not pat him at the back for conceding defeat cos he already knew what awaits him if he acted on the contrary. He was part of the crew that ousted Gbagbo and he is fully aware of the watchful eyes of the ICC and instead of spending the rest of his life in jail like Gbagbo, he chose to return to Otueke to enjoy his loot in peace.

Gej should have won this elections easily if he had the interest of the masses at heart. He will forever live with the stigma of the first incumbent president to be ousted in Nigeria.
[/b]

198 Likes 32 Shares

Re: Ekiti: Police Disperse APC Lawmakers With Teargas by mzlizabelle(f): 1:51pm On Apr 01, 2015
Wetin dey worry this Fayose sef?

3 Likes

Re: Ekiti: Police Disperse APC Lawmakers With Teargas by ignis: 1:51pm On Apr 01, 2015
Fayose should be carefcareful, else he will be impeached very soon...

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ekiti: Police Disperse APC Lawmakers With Teargas by Nobody: 1:51pm On Apr 01, 2015
well, as a governor in the opposition party PDP,,,, he needs to take it easy grin grin grin grin grin grin

13 Likes 1 Share

They should be careful with the way they handle things in these sensitive times....

By the way, #‎Buharinowyouarethere‬

1. Remember that you promised to stabilise world oil prices.... We are watching.

2. Remember that you and APC promised 24 hours energy and electricity... We are watching.

3. Remember that you promised millions of jobs for the youths... They are watching and waiting.

4. Remember that you promised to make 1 dollar equals to 1 naira both in appreciation and depreciation.... We are watching.

5. Remember that a lot of people accused the president of not having shoes and called him shoeless. He ignored in the spirit of democracy. Hope you wont arrest anybody that calls you certificateless because me and you know that you have no certificate even standard six.

6. Finally, remember that their is freedom of speech in Nigeria under Jonathan. Even freedom after speech. I do hope you won't gag the press. I know you will grant freedom of speech but you will not grant freedom after speech.. The world is watching!

All the same, I pray and hope that Buhari doesnt dissappoint... Because if he does, that will mean that either Mbaka is confused as usual or the god he is serving is confused. Because I know that god being a spirit, should have seen that Buhari will dissappoint and not select Buhari ahead of time right? And when that happens, they will scream again that God has rejected him abi? But he didnt know ahead of time even though he is omnipotent and omniscient? Lols... Thats the beauty of critical reasoning and thinking... You will know the truth when you see one. Confused bunch of Christians.. All of them!

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ekiti: Police Disperse APC Lawmakers With Teargas by Nobody: 1:52pm On Apr 01, 2015
NIGERIA
I will tell my children that after 16 years and 4
trials and three woeful fails, one school
certificate holder,Three different Political
parties,With only 1 million and 150 cattles,
Gen Buhari from the north won elections to
become Nigeria's President. I
will teach them the lesson of persistence
I will tell them of a Goodluck Jonathan from
the creeks with no shoes that allowed for a
credible election process and honourable
concession of power to the people's choice.
and return to Otueke peacefully .The First
Seating president to concede to defeat by the
opponent party in good spirit.
I will cultivate in them the values of healthy
competition, maintenance of peace and
gentility of spirit.

I will tell them of a Professor Attahiru Jega
who put aside personal interests to fulfill his
public assignment, remaining calm in the face
of threatening challenges and Political
Orubebes .I will teach them the importance of
integrity and strength of character in the
dispensation of public service.
I will teach my children, so that one day their
names may honourably go down in the history
of this nation, just as the names of these
honourable men have today
GOD BLESS GOODLUCK EBELE JONATHAN
GOD BLESS PDP
GOD BLESS PDP MEMBERS AND SUPPORTERS
GOD BLESS PRESIDENT BUHARI
GOD BLESS APC
GOD BLESS APC SUPPORTERS AND MEMBERS
GOD BLESS FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA
- Synordic,2015

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ekiti: Police Disperse APC Lawmakers With Teargas by Flets: 1:52pm On Apr 01, 2015
APC should be careful not to set the country on fire before hand over.

GEJ has done his part, APC must act maturedly at this time. The 12mil + GEJ voters are still nursing their losses.

Any unnecessary witchhunting at this early stage could end ugly.

11 Likes

Re: Ekiti: Police Disperse APC Lawmakers With Teargas by Texcoco(m): 1:52pm On Apr 01, 2015
Their tenure is over,they should go home and wait for May 29....

3 Likes

Re: Ekiti: Police Disperse APC Lawmakers With Teargas by Nobody: 1:52pm On Apr 01, 2015
NIGERIA
May the Distance between you and your enemies by like KANO and RIVERS,

The best attempt of your enemy will not move you like DELTA ,ENUGU and RIVERS

Every Orubebe Spirit disturbing your Progress in Life, They are JEGAEd immediately

As VCs and Profs of Universities are bowing before jega as if they are presenting project, You shall be respected

May you be as Useful as the Sign language Guy

May you not be as Useless as the Guy besides Jega wearing glasses

May your Opinion not be neglected like Orubebe

May you not implicate yourself to go on Exile like Bode George

All those wishing you death will Congratulate you like fayose

Synodic 2015

26 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ekiti: Police Disperse APC Lawmakers With Teargas by Bawsse(m): 1:52pm On Apr 01, 2015
Fayose too de smoke cheap mexican weed... Na werin cause am

4 Likes

Re: Ekiti: Police Disperse APC Lawmakers With Teargas by MaleoPearls(m): 1:53pm On Apr 01, 2015
Fayose! Fayose!! Fayose!!!

It seems you want to be the first acting Governor to go to jail.

Your cup is 3/4 full already.

2 Likes

Re: Ekiti: Police Disperse APC Lawmakers With Teargas by Pavore9: 1:53pm On Apr 01, 2015
Impeachment loading......no one needs a prophet to be told that this Fayose will soon acquire the tag of 'The two-time impeached Governor of Ekiti State' There is no longer any federal might to save him as power has changed hands, the current Commissioner of Police will soon be transferred while the lnspector General of Police retired! Oga Jona will be resting in Otuoke while Fayose will feel exposed like a mad man in the village market! The transient nature of power!

4 Likes

Re: Ekiti: Police Disperse APC Lawmakers With Teargas by MrDoGood(m): 1:53pm On Apr 01, 2015
It's none of my business
Re: Ekiti: Police Disperse APC Lawmakers With Teargas by jnrbanks: 1:53pm On Apr 01, 2015
my only fear dat APC will be ruled by der thirst of 'revenge' wen in power might Jst start playing out sooner dan I expected....
and if dat is d case.....its a big shame on der part...

making trouble ain't d best way to initiate der so called 'change'....ko kan aye tho coz am in d ss region and dey can't try shit even if dey want to....

4 Likes

Re: Ekiti: Police Disperse APC Lawmakers With Teargas by Nobody: 1:54pm On Apr 01, 2015
This country sef.
Re: Ekiti: Police Disperse APC Lawmakers With Teargas by egift(m): 1:54pm On Apr 01, 2015
The Police and the Army are under the command of the FG. What is happening in Ekiti State is one of the Failures of Jonathan's Legacy of Impunity.

From day one, Jonathan has been doing the I Don't Give A Dam attitude. He is encouraging lawlessness through his inactions.

Thank God we kicked him out.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekiti: Police Disperse APC Lawmakers With Teargas by Kelklein(m): 1:54pm On Apr 01, 2015
grin

1 Like

Re: Ekiti: Police Disperse APC Lawmakers With Teargas by Ekowise(m): 1:54pm On Apr 01, 2015
I laugh

1 Like

Re: Ekiti: Police Disperse APC Lawmakers With Teargas by Rahmatuparker: 1:55pm On Apr 01, 2015
Is dis another National Assembly display? Fayose, ''he who d gods wants to destroy, dey first make deaf''

1 Like

Re: Ekiti: Police Disperse APC Lawmakers With Teargas by AnonymX: 1:55pm On Apr 01, 2015
[s]
irunoobo:
[b]This election is not about whether GEJ was scammed in southwest or not. The people of the SW and north spoke the truth with their votes. It is unfortunate the Igbos made a wrong political gamble by supporting GEJ even though he failed woefully and did nothing tangible for their region. They failed to forget the past and embrace national unity hence their political decisions has always damaged their chances of having a major political influence or relevance in the Nigerian system.

There were so many indications that Jonathan was going to lose - He prepared late; he was careful with the timing of his declaration, when body language showed he was interested. He had no message for the people. All I heard were trains and fertilizers, YouWin, benin-Ore road and SureP(Really?) for 6 years. His campaign strategies reeled of derogatory statements and unnecessary personality attacks instead of concrete manifestos. APC employed consultants, PDP employed losers (FFKs, Okupe, Abati, Reuben, TANs etc). Jonathan heated the polity with ethnic-religious campaign strategies, jumping from one church to another; what do you think the Muslims would do? His wife continued to make derogatory statements against the North calling them names for making babies they can't cater for and insulting them with the constant mention of Almajiri schools. He was deceived by his aides , greedy people around him and he became a sectional leader. He was a bad product and I made mention of this regularly, a bad product never sells.

So I would say he scammed himself, he deceived himself by running to the south west bribing kings for endorsements as if the masses don't know what they really want.

He has successfully created a divide along tribal, religious and ethnic line all around the country and it will take a massive national reorientation to restore our national unity.

I will not pat him at the back for conceding defeat cos he already knew what awaits him if he acted on the contrary. He was part of the crew that ousted Gbagbo and he is fully aware of the watchful eyes of the ICC and I'm sure he wouldn't wanna spend the rest of his life in Jail.

Gej should have won this elections easily if he had the interest of the masses at heart. He will forever live with the stigma of the first incumbent president to be ousted in Nigeria.
[/b]
[/s]

You truly think he would be remembered for being the first to be ousted?

He is remembered that he was the first African incumbent to uphold the principles of democracy and if you're on social media, you would know what I'm talking about.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ekiti: Police Disperse APC Lawmakers With Teargas by LMAyedun(m): 1:55pm On Apr 01, 2015
Na wah ooo!!!
Is this the beginning of the big wahala?

1 Like

Re: Ekiti: Police Disperse APC Lawmakers With Teargas by Ayanko(m): 1:55pm On Apr 01, 2015
They have nothing doing there cos, the house has been suspended till after election. Pls let them wait at least for peace to rain. That our General won should not turn them to dis-honourable members.

7 Likes

Re: Ekiti: Police Disperse APC Lawmakers With Teargas by snowland(m): 1:55pm On Apr 01, 2015
Fayose go soon hear am

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

APC: Buhari Chose Adamu Because He's The Best Of The Best - Amaechi / Nigerian Crude Takes New Hit As Buyers Turn To Cheaper Russian Grade / Boko Haram: Always Tell Nigerians The Truth – Ezekwesili To Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.