Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,113 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:23 PM

SSS Reveals "SMS Threat Syndicate" Masquerading As Boko Haram - Saharareporters - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / SSS Reveals "SMS Threat Syndicate" Masquerading As Boko Haram - Saharareporters (7786 Views)

Femi Fani Kayode Masquerading As Cramjones / Obasanjo's Son Shot In Mubi By Boko Haram - Saharareporters / Woman Masquerading As Soldier Re-arrested In Akure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

SSS Reveals "SMS Threat Syndicate" Masquerading As Boko Haram - Saharareporters by JamesDoe: 2:23pm On Dec 01, 2011
SSS Reveals "SMS Threat Syndicate" Masquerading As Boko Haram

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/sss-reveals-sms-threat-syndicate-masquerading-boko-haram

The state security services issued the statement below regarding several syndicate it claimed were behind sms threat messages to some prominent Nigerian politicians:

Recall that on 2nd November, 2011, the Service in a press release informed that two (2) secondary school students in Niger State had been apprehended for sending false threat messages of purported plans by Boko Haram to attack the Presidential Villa and National Assembly on 28th October, 2011.

2. On 14th November, 2011, Government had assured the public that the activities of such syndicates that specialize in sending threat text messages to members of the pubic, including key Government officials, foreign embassies, and other strategic corporations in the country will be quashed.

3. Against this backdrop, the Service would again like to draw the attention of the public to the criminal and subversive intents of devious elements who threaten unsuspecting individuals, organizations and groups for fraudulent purposes: Accordingly, we wish to inform Nigerians
that a major breakthrough has been recorded as members of four (4) groups of criminal syndicates engaged in this trend were recently arrested.

Highlights of the activities of each of the syndicates are:

SYNDICATE I
[/b]4. [b]The group is made up of four (4) members namely, Stanley OCHUWA, Emmanuel Ogbonna CHINONYEREM, Onyedikachi AKPASUE, and Mathias AKUEGBO

They operated from Suleja in Niger State and Zuba, FCT, under the code names Col. MURPHY, Col. ADAMS, Col. MORDI, and Engr. Emma NWACHUKWU.

SYNDICATE 111
6. Maurice Efe LAWRENCE, an indigene of Delta State, operated this cell from Calabar, Cross River State. He had widely circulated text messages through three (3) GSM Nos: 08100428701, 08080468686, and 070383912813 on plans by his syndicate to attack or bomb some cities in
Nigeria. On his hit list were) Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Port Harcourt, Jos, Kaisina, Damaturu, Maiduquri, Lagos, Dutse and Akure.

SYNDICA TE IV
7. Chinwendu JOSIAH, an indigene of Imo State worked in a cyber cafe in Benin City. He it was that sent emails to foreign embassies that caused panic and anxiety which led to the travel alert issued during the Eid-el- Kabir celebrations. The threat messages were sent through the following email addresses which contained a cloned GSM no: 081881916038, which he used for the scam and intent to extort money from his victims.

Below is the full text of some of the messages sent:

i."WE ARE BOKO HARAM, WE ARE COMING FOR YOU"

ii.  "THE BROTHERHOOD REMAINS ONE INDIVISIBLE
ENTITY. THERE IS NO SPLIT AND THERE IS NO SPLINTER
GROUP. STORIES OF SPLIT ARE TISSUES OF LIES BY
THE STATE SECURITY SERVICE TO DISCREDIT US. CALL
ON ALL TRUE FAITHFULS WHO BELIEVE IN OUR CAUSE
TO JOIN US BY ENLISTING AS A FOLLOWER AND BECOME
A MEMBER OF THE BROTHERHOOD IN OUR SITE"
Re: SSS Reveals "SMS Threat Syndicate" Masquerading As Boko Haram - Saharareporters by 13volts(m): 2:38pm On Dec 01, 2011
these were the same offence Ndume committed. I have always have this opinion that igbos are into boko haram. from an ibo man providing bomb making materials in Borno, to another ibo convert making bombs in Niger state.
Re: SSS Reveals "SMS Threat Syndicate" Masquerading As Boko Haram - Saharareporters by JamesDoe: 2:41pm On Dec 01, 2011
There are criminal elements in every ethnic group.  I think we all need to stop bashing any single ethnic group and realise that all ethnic groups have rotten elements within them.

If not for this article people would believe it is only Hausa-Fulani and Kanuri that are behind these terror messages and terror alerts.  But the SSS spokesman clearly identified four syndicates with three being led by South Easterners!

Imagine people sitting down and exploiting the deaths of innocent people for their financial gains.
Re: SSS Reveals "SMS Threat Syndicate" Masquerading As Boko Haram - Saharareporters by namfav(m): 2:44pm On Dec 01, 2011
they will do anything for $$$, that statement does not sound more wrong, why would i be even surprised if it is someone on nl? if america is planning to head to nigeria, they dont know what they are getting into, they think they can bomb the north east while getting threats from the south east tongue
Re: SSS Reveals "SMS Threat Syndicate" Masquerading As Boko Haram - Saharareporters by Afanna1: 2:45pm On Dec 01, 2011
hummmmmmmm
Re: SSS Reveals "SMS Threat Syndicate" Masquerading As Boko Haram - Saharareporters by seanet02: 2:51pm On Dec 01, 2011
Iboman, nawa for this people sef. Evil is their kinsmen
Re: SSS Reveals "SMS Threat Syndicate" Masquerading As Boko Haram - Saharareporters by Nobody: 2:56pm On Dec 01, 2011
Oyinbo brought yahoo,ibos modernize it to yahoo+.
Nigeri delta brought kidnapping,ibos commercialize it.
Now boko harams invented bombing,see how profitable our ibo brothers have turned the struggle to.Fake people with fake minds.y'all need to be nuked.
Re: SSS Reveals "SMS Threat Syndicate" Masquerading As Boko Haram - Saharareporters by namfav(m): 3:03pm On Dec 01, 2011
they are just doing it to collect enough money for the statue that onlytruth suggests
Re: SSS Reveals "SMS Threat Syndicate" Masquerading As Boko Haram - Saharareporters by seanet02: 3:08pm On Dec 01, 2011
~Bluetooth:

Now boko harams invented bombing,see how profitable our ibo brothers have turned the struggle to.Fake people with fake minds.y'all need to be nuked.
grin grin
Re: SSS Reveals "SMS Threat Syndicate" Masquerading As Boko Haram - Saharareporters by rdokoye: 3:18pm On Dec 01, 2011
You guys have a fetish for blaming Ibo people for everything. Like all Northern Nigerians are liberal loving people and Yorubaland is paradise.
Re: SSS Reveals "SMS Threat Syndicate" Masquerading As Boko Haram - Saharareporters by JamesDoe: 3:43pm On Dec 01, 2011
The article doesn't blame anybody in general but four syndicates specifically.

The syndicates identified include three that were led by Igbo men. That much is clear.

No zone is paradise. We are all suffering in Nigeria and a renegotiation of the Union is required, but all zones have bad elements within them. In this case, three Igbo led syndicated are using Boko Haram to make money. An interesting development, should we ignore it?
Re: SSS Reveals "SMS Threat Syndicate" Masquerading As Boko Haram - Saharareporters by 9javoice1(m): 3:55pm On Dec 01, 2011
we all know that this is trash an capital lie
Re: SSS Reveals "SMS Threat Syndicate" Masquerading As Boko Haram - Saharareporters by 9javoice1(m): 4:03pm On Dec 01, 2011
there is a mistake in the above info.

the other remaining igbo states contribute one
boko haram member each.
nonsense, sometime i wonder where our youths brain has gone.
cant we use our brain.

when osama struck usa many propagandist says
america did the stuck themself.
stupid thinking.

who in his right senses will blv this.
bluetooth already call it all he wanted,
even as he knew its false info just cus igbo name was mentioned let it be true
wat a hatread.
Re: SSS Reveals "SMS Threat Syndicate" Masquerading As Boko Haram - Saharareporters by PointB: 4:06pm On Dec 01, 2011
How many places have this  four-man gang bombed? How many people have they killed? Let us not take off our eyes from the ball because a few bad eggs disingenuously capitalize on a bad situation for profit.

the real issue here is that 1. There is political boko harem  represented by Ndume. 2. There is the business Boko Haram which has also been unravelled. But the most dangerous and critical of these boko harams is 3. The boko haram who are driven by religious fanaticism and terrorism.

They are the origInal and dastardly boKo haram whose origin there is no shortage of literature on.

To lose sight of these because of the business wing will spell a disaster.
Re: SSS Reveals "SMS Threat Syndicate" Masquerading As Boko Haram - Saharareporters by PointB: 4:09pm On Dec 01, 2011
Most dangerous is 3. The fanatical boko haram
Re: SSS Reveals "SMS Threat Syndicate" Masquerading As Boko Haram - Saharareporters by Nobody: 4:11pm On Dec 01, 2011
~Bluetooth:

U really dont know how to talk, forgetting ur IP is up here, dont say what will put u in danger one day undecided
Re: SSS Reveals "SMS Threat Syndicate" Masquerading As Boko Haram - Saharareporters by texazzpete(m): 4:27pm On Dec 01, 2011
PointB:

How many place have this four man gang bombed? How many people have they killed? Let us not take off our eyes from the ball because a few bad eggs disingenuously capitalize on a bad situation for profit.

the real issue here is that 1. There is political boko harem represented by Ndume. 2. There is the business Boko Haram which has also been unravelled. But the most dangerous and critical of these boko harams is 2. The boko haram who are driven by religious fanaticism and terrorism.

They are the origInal and dastardly boKo haram whose origin there is no shortage of literature on.

I am in complete agreement with you on this!!
Re: SSS Reveals "SMS Threat Syndicate" Masquerading As Boko Haram - Saharareporters by mjkievo2(m): 4:36pm On Dec 01, 2011
texazzpete:

I am in complete agreement with you on this!!

Seconded!!
Re: SSS Reveals "SMS Threat Syndicate" Masquerading As Boko Haram - Saharareporters by bisiaet: 4:45pm On Dec 01, 2011
these were the same offence Ndume committed. I have always have this opinion that igbos are into boko haram. from an ibo man providing bomb making materials in Borno, to another  ibo convert making bombs in Niger state.

To be honest I was shocked when the guy who is from my region was named as member of Boko Haram and he claimed he is a vonvert and now fellow kindren look at all these names with a proven tracks record of all their deeds everyone of them from around same region.

Sorry I dont want to talk or say anything because if I talk now some silly one would say oh your name read bisiaet you are a pretender and so on because they are myopic in thinking believing that bisiaet mean a Yoruba name is so unfortunate now I have be waiting for them to wake up or return from their sleep or holiday and attack me and say am a fake Igbo but the truth is if all these guys were Yoruba or Hausa by now this thread page would've reached page 10 or page 16 calling them all sorts of names Now where are my brothers to condemn this i d i o t s who claimed to be an Igbo origin and doing Boko animal business? The truth is bitter and very good saying it, Its a big shame.
Re: SSS Reveals "SMS Threat Syndicate" Masquerading As Boko Haram - Saharareporters by Rhino5dm: 4:49pm On Dec 01, 2011
I was expecting to see the names of Buhari and Tunde Bakare on the list. So, these vampires are among the terrorist attacking us? I remember how they issue a threat leading to the closure of Uniben and cause a big panic at Uni Ibadan.

BTW, does it matter wether you use toy or real gun to scare people off their money?
I read with utter dismay how some poeple are trying to water down this threats, by inventing categories in the activity of Boko Haram. Goto any US shopping mall with fake strap bomb and see if you get multiple life sentence.

Terrorism is terrosism! No lesser one.

Those guys should be treated as full blown terrosit.

Welcome to the new era of "Okoro Boko Haram"!
Re: SSS Reveals "SMS Threat Syndicate" Masquerading As Boko Haram - Saharareporters by namfav(m): 5:05pm On Dec 01, 2011
it is not on the frontpage, what the hell, this is racism

put it on the frontpage, so people can see who is behind the whole chaos
Re: SSS Reveals "SMS Threat Syndicate" Masquerading As Boko Haram - Saharareporters by segunjowo(m): 5:07pm On Dec 01, 2011
Na wa oh! Igbo guys always looking for ways to make money!
Most evils committed in this country are done by the igbos. go to the street, they are everywhere, loking for short cut to make money! Yesterday, two armed robbers were killed in Cele-Okota area and they were igbo guys, running after money for the xmas! when will all these madness stop? Now, they are masquerading as boko haram just to squeeze money out of the pocket of Nigeria. grin
Re: SSS Reveals "SMS Threat Syndicate" Masquerading As Boko Haram - Saharareporters by namfav(m): 5:13pm On Dec 01, 2011
ibo kwenu lipsrsealed

segunjowo:

Most evils committed in this country are done by the igbos. go to the street, they are everywhere, loking for short cut to make money! Yesterday, two armed robbers were killed in Cele-Okota area and they were igbo guys, running after money for the xmas! when will all these madness stop? Now, they are masquerading as boko haram just to squeeze money out of the pocket of Nigeria. grin
Re: SSS Reveals "SMS Threat Syndicate" Masquerading As Boko Haram - Saharareporters by nagoma(m): 5:16pm On Dec 01, 2011
Most evils committed in this country are done by the igbos. go to the street,  they are everywhere,  loking for short cut to make money! Yesterday, two armed robbers were killed in Cele-Okota area and they were igbo guys,  running after money for the xmas! when will all these madness stop? Now, they are masquerading as boko haram just to squeeze money out of the pocket of Nigeria

Yes love of money but They are terrorists in the real sense of it!! sad
Re: SSS Reveals "SMS Threat Syndicate" Masquerading As Boko Haram - Saharareporters by nagoma(m): 5:22pm On Dec 01, 2011
Quote from: PointB on Today at 04:06:56 PM
How many place have this four man gang bombed? How many people have they killed? Let us not take off our eyes from the ball because a few bad eggs disingenuously capitalize on a bad situation for profit.

the real issue here is that 1. There is political boko harem represented by Ndume. 2. There is the business Boko Haram which has also been unravelled. But the most dangerous and critical of these boko harams is 2. The boko haram who are driven by religious fanaticism and terrorism.

There is no distinction between terrorists , Igbo terrorists are as bad as any terrorists.
Re: SSS Reveals "SMS Threat Syndicate" Masquerading As Boko Haram - Saharareporters by Nobody: 5:24pm On Dec 01, 2011
odiaero:

U really dont know how to talk, forgetting your IP is up here, dont say what will put u in danger one day undecided
Na for you o.i talk truth and you dey threaten me ? O boy try me and get yourself in big trouble.who doesnt know that ibos are thievies,kidnappers etc ?
Re: SSS Reveals "SMS Threat Syndicate" Masquerading As Boko Haram - Saharareporters by Lekkerlife(m): 5:25pm On Dec 01, 2011
Why is it that most financially motivated crimes are associated with a particular shameless ethnic group called ''Igbos''?
They are the ones that sell their prides and glories for money in Nigeria, They are the one disgracing us all over the one
Go to Malaysia, they are there committing frauds, because of them, travelling to China is now very difficult for Nigerians, even in south korea, south Africa, Singapore, Thailand, Japan, Ukraine and so on, they are there busy drawing our faces in the mud.

They make this festive period dangerous to people, they are too desperate to get rich and even when they get the money, they don't spend it wisely.

Please let their worthless leaders talk some senses in to them, They are disgrace to this nation.
Re: SSS Reveals "SMS Threat Syndicate" Masquerading As Boko Haram - Saharareporters by aljharem3: 5:31pm On Dec 01, 2011
~Bluetooth:

Na for you o.i talk truth and you dey threaten me ? O boy try me and get yourself in big trouble.who doesnt know that ibos are thievies,kidnappers etc ?

you say too much sh.iit

Please tell me which ethnic group does not do those things you mentioned ?

yes even yours
Re: SSS Reveals "SMS Threat Syndicate" Masquerading As Boko Haram - Saharareporters by Nobody: 5:37pm On Dec 01, 2011
~Bluetooth:

I dont talk much behind keyboards, what am telling u dont just say what will bring visitors to ur house
Re: SSS Reveals "SMS Threat Syndicate" Masquerading As Boko Haram - Saharareporters by Nobody: 5:51pm On Dec 01, 2011
odiaero:

I dont talk much behind keyboards, what am telling u dont just say what will bring visitors to your house
Guy free me with these your yarns.I dont know what else i havent said on nL that i will start shiiting in my pant for calling ibos thievies and kidnappers ! Nonsense
alj_harem:

you say too much sh.iit

Please tell me which ethnic group does not do those things you mentioned ?

yes even yours
Yorubas are not exorting people all in the name of boko harams !
Re: SSS Reveals "SMS Threat Syndicate" Masquerading As Boko Haram - Saharareporters by BCuZiMBlaCk(m): 6:01pm On Dec 01, 2011
I'm tired of that name 'boko haram'. The country already has enuf problem as it is
Re: SSS Reveals "SMS Threat Syndicate" Masquerading As Boko Haram - Saharareporters by ak47mann(m): 6:02pm On Dec 01, 2011
~Bluetooth:

Guy free me with these your yarns.I dont know what else i havent said on nL that i will start shiiting in my pant for calling ibos thievies and kidnappers ! NonsenseYorubas are not exorting people all in the name of boko harams !
this guy is just a sad poor Yoruba boy,he get kick from anything igbo, haven't u guys notice?the dude is mentally not alright up there, i fell sorry for him sometimes cool

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

NESREA Shuts Julius Berger’s Headquarters In Abuja / Buhari Wears Uniform With Rank Of A Field Marshal As He Commands Army(video) / Demi Gods Hijack Abia PDP LGA Primaries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.