Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,771 members, 7,817,138 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:57 AM

Can Farm Business Alone In Nigeria Make One As Wealthy As Dangote/Adenuga? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Can Farm Business Alone In Nigeria Make One As Wealthy As Dangote/Adenuga? (22042 Views)

Eniola Adenuga And Maggie Ogun In Court Over Child Custody / What Are The Products Nigeria Make? / Can Farm Business Alone In Nigeria Makes One Wealthy Like Dangote/adenuga? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Farm Business Alone In Nigeria Make One As Wealthy As Dangote/Adenuga? by Dsage1: 1:23pm On Dec 03, 2011
With the present condition,e.g lack of good policy toward agricultural development and the state of economic in Nigeria,can farm business make someone a billonaire within 10years if the person ar to start from grassroot/with very little capital but modernised.
Re: Can Farm Business Alone In Nigeria Make One As Wealthy As Dangote/Adenuga? by Seun(m): 2:51pm On Dec 03, 2011
Any business can make you a billionaire if your market is very large, your competition is very weak,
you are obsessive enough not to be satisfied with hundreds of millions, and you are very lucky. smiley

1 Like

Re: Can Farm Business Alone In Nigeria Make One As Wealthy As Dangote/Adenuga? by Thethy(m): 3:14pm On Dec 03, 2011
I think it can.It is my goal to become as wealthy as Dangote/Adenuga doing farming businesses.
I am Ismail AbdulAzeez owner of THE THY SNAIL & GRASSCUTTER FARMS,THE THY AGRO-ALLIED ENTERPRISES & THE THY GLOBAL INVESTMENT LTD.
Re: Can Farm Business Alone In Nigeria Make One As Wealthy As Dangote/Adenuga? by Dsage1: 6:11pm On Dec 03, 2011
@seun tanx,@Thethy,as u're already in d farmng,beside rearing of cattle,snail,fowl,ostrich,pig etc,what can one plant&package to sell fast and get a reasonable income.
Re: Can Farm Business Alone In Nigeria Make One As Wealthy As Dangote/Adenuga? by Afam4eva(m): 6:18pm On Dec 03, 2011
Just about any business can make you a billonaire. It's unfortunate that people see farming as a degrading job that can only manage to put food on the table. Agriculture is a multi billion dollar industry and it has not been tapped. I hope to go into farming in the future.
Re: Can Farm Business Alone In Nigeria Make One As Wealthy As Dangote/Adenuga? by Thethy(m): 6:27pm On Dec 03, 2011
@ D sage   I think cassava is a way to look toward.You can add value to it by processing into cassava chips.Local demand for cassava will equally go up.See:    http://newnigerianpolitics.com/2011/12/01/jonathan-urges-nigerians-to-eat-cassava-bread-while-he-eats-stake/     I buy the idea of starting any farming project small and grow it gradually.I also subscrible to integrated farming. E.g Fall in demand for my cassava means I will reserve more cassava for my grasscutters, reducing chances of any loss from glut.
Re: Can Farm Business Alone In Nigeria Make One As Wealthy As Dangote/Adenuga? by Dsage1: 11:59am On Dec 04, 2011
Thethy,i undastd dat most varieties of cassava can b harvest annually but d ugly part of it is immidiate buyer as i dnt av enough capital to start processing into d chip as u said.I tink of plantain b4 wch is also an annual plant but dnt kno d rate of demand in d market.Plantain can never die out if wel manage cos it transplant itsef and a bunch of plantain in d local market now range btw 800-2k dependng on d location.Plantain plants on 1 or 2 acre of land if wel manage wi giv u btw 1500-3000 bunches at 1st year and d figure might triple in d subsequence year due to high rate of multiplication of parent plant.But d only tin dat gives me more concern is selling aspect or wat do u feel.
Re: Can Farm Business Alone In Nigeria Make One As Wealthy As Dangote/Adenuga? by Kay1kay1(m): 12:16pm On Dec 04, 2011
(1) As a farmer you must be ready to learn new techniques (in person) wherever (on this planet) it is working. You must not be too big to learn.

(2) You have to know there is no "suit and tie farmer" anywhere in the world. It's like cooking in your kitchen but you do not want any stains. You've got to be ready to do the dirty job yourself (even if you've got some assistance).

(3) Lastly, if you are passionate about your farming (not about the money), yes you'd go places .
Re: Can Farm Business Alone In Nigeria Make One As Wealthy As Dangote/Adenuga? by deadie(m): 12:44pm On Dec 04, 2011
Dangote and Adenuga got rich because of their criminal connection to people in government. Even Ota farms. Reduce your dreams, don't aspire to be like the crooks because you cannot get to that level legitimately in the amount of time you are talking about.
Re: Can Farm Business Alone In Nigeria Make One As Wealthy As Dangote/Adenuga? by AroOkigbo(m): 12:48pm On Dec 04, 2011
deadie:

Dangote and Adenuga got rich because of their criminal connection to people in government. Even Ota farms. Reduce your dreams, don't aspire to be like the crooks because you cannot get to that level legitimately in the amount of time you are talking about.
Gbam! true talk .
Re: Can Farm Business Alone In Nigeria Make One As Wealthy As Dangote/Adenuga? by Osama10(m): 1:44pm On Dec 04, 2011
deadie:

I concur. cheesy
Re: Can Farm Business Alone In Nigeria Make One As Wealthy As Dangote/Adenuga? by duality(m): 1:46pm On Dec 04, 2011
deadie:

now some one is thinking and talking.
Re: Can Farm Business Alone In Nigeria Make One As Wealthy As Dangote/Adenuga? by Leysco(m): 1:47pm On Dec 04, 2011
I completed my nysc dis year wit good results, but no job yet. I went into rearing of pigs (dirty and smellin hahahahaha), and also turkey, although on a small scale for now but hope to expand in the nearest future. IF YOU WANT TO GO INTO FARMING, YOU MUST BE VERY PATIENT BECAUSE YOU MAY HAVE TO WAIT FOR OVER 1 YEAR BEFORE YOU START GETTING MONEY.
Re: Can Farm Business Alone In Nigeria Make One As Wealthy As Dangote/Adenuga? by richkids1(m): 2:19pm On Dec 04, 2011
One thing I have come to understand when it comes to making money and becoming a person in life is doing what you love best and learning everyday how to market your idea/product/service to the right people who are ready to pay you for it. I don't belive in poverty so far you have what you can do to make money and there's no work you will do that you can't become a billionaire even more than Dangote and others, only if you can endure and pay the sacrifice. It may be after 3 or more years before you can be able to turn things around for yourself but don't relent on your efforts.
Re: Can Farm Business Alone In Nigeria Make One As Wealthy As Dangote/Adenuga? by erico2k2(m): 2:23pm On Dec 04, 2011
Leysco:

I completed my nysc dis year wit good results, but no job yet. I went into rearing of pigs (dirty and smellin hahahahaha), and also turkey, although on a small scale for now but hope to expand in the nearest future. IF YOU WANT TO GO INTO FARMING, YOU MUST BE VERY PATIENT BECAUSE YOU MAY HAVE TO WAIT FOR OVER 1 YEAR BEFORE YOU START GETTING MONEY.
I like to advice you more on what you have chosen to do, In enbrase your courage, I wish more graduates would think like you,the government can ner solve teh problem on unemployment, we have to employ ourselves at some point in time, no I know you not gonna make mega bucks  but at least you got a Job/Biz  and you will aspire to expand God wiling.Here in the western world people stick to doing what they know how to do best and earn a living out of it,if your Biz gives you steady income just stick to it, learn new ways of doing things  and the empowerment will increase.
The watch word is stick to what you are doing  and learn new ways of doing it effectly=maximum output/proffit
Re: Can Farm Business Alone In Nigeria Make One As Wealthy As Dangote/Adenuga? by ektbear: 2:53pm On Dec 04, 2011
Very unlikely.
Re: Can Farm Business Alone In Nigeria Make One As Wealthy As Dangote/Adenuga? by Mcleo007(m): 3:21pm On Dec 04, 2011
Yes u can.

Re: Can Farm Business Alone In Nigeria Make One As Wealthy As Dangote/Adenuga? by dustydee: 3:33pm On Dec 04, 2011
You can. It will take alot of hard work too. Nigeria has a very big market.
Re: Can Farm Business Alone In Nigeria Make One As Wealthy As Dangote/Adenuga? by manosteel(m): 3:34pm On Dec 04, 2011
There is something in this farming which we have not yet discovered or our leaders refused to tell us. 1979, Obasanjo left the presidency and went back to farm, the same applies to IBB, Adulsalami Abubakir, Governor Kure etc, while we are abandoning our farm to look for white colar Jobs that pay peanuts and monkeys.
Re: Can Farm Business Alone In Nigeria Make One As Wealthy As Dangote/Adenuga? by AfroBlue(m): 3:47pm On Dec 04, 2011
Re: Can Farm Business Alone In Nigeria Make One As Wealthy As Dangote/Adenuga? by Pukkah: 4:48pm On Dec 04, 2011
Just imagine or provide an answer to this: what's the likely turnover before you can make a net profit of N1billion assuming your net profit/sales ratio is about 30/100?

How can you make that turnover or sales over a period time (which you should decide depending on your age now).
Re: Can Farm Business Alone In Nigeria Make One As Wealthy As Dangote/Adenuga? by Dsage1: 4:58pm On Dec 04, 2011
Tanx u all,i'm vry hapi wit all d responses i've rceiv here so far,d point's dat farming is one of most profitable natural business in d world but Nigerians youth see it as (old school business)dat ought to b doing by old pple in d village.It's a pity dat despite all d abundant arable land God gives to us,we ar sti importing food items 4m abroad.Actually i dnt blame pple who're seeking for a white colla job but govt who lack gud policy toward agriculture.Anoda problem is huge salary paid to dose dat work in d office,take for instance,two frnd of urs,one worked in d office earned 250k/month&d oda one go into farming realise 1million per annum,wch wi u like to emulate?
Re: Can Farm Business Alone In Nigeria Make One As Wealthy As Dangote/Adenuga? by member479760: 5:01pm On Dec 04, 2011
OP, weed and opium plantations would be cool to achieving you aim.
Re: Can Farm Business Alone In Nigeria Make One As Wealthy As Dangote/Adenuga? by freshera: 6:22pm On Dec 04, 2011
Yes

Why 'as Adenuga or Dangote'?

Why must the standard be Adenuga or Dangote? Why? Why not YOU? You could be bigger than those two.

It could take much more time and brains and strategies than you think but YOU and your future generations will reap massively.
Re: Can Farm Business Alone In Nigeria Make One As Wealthy As Dangote/Adenuga? by Godson1990: 6:57pm On Dec 04, 2011
Very very possible, but you will need to work very hard and you will need alot of funding as well
Re: Can Farm Business Alone In Nigeria Make One As Wealthy As Dangote/Adenuga? by oc2fish: 6:57pm On Dec 04, 2011
At a farm in Ibaden a harvest bring in 23 million in a pond that we stock
40000 juverniles fish. You can make it thru farming.
Re: Can Farm Business Alone In Nigeria Make One As Wealthy As Dangote/Adenuga? by okeyxyz(m): 7:50pm On Dec 04, 2011
like dangote\adenuga? in this environment? in the nigerian market? IMPOSSIBLE!!!
i don't know why somepeople here are feeding you false hopes. religion maybe?
Re: Can Farm Business Alone In Nigeria Make One As Wealthy As Dangote/Adenuga? by omar0001: 8:01pm On Dec 04, 2011
Absolutely. Farm business is a goldmine no matter the product. It is the only sector where anyone regardless of age, tribe, colour, creed or educational background can 'hammer'. It takes a bit of adjustment from the corporate world, but if anyone doesn't have a farm somewhere in his/her retirement plan, then they need to look closely at the drawing board. Man must wack. Nigeria is one of the last places in the world where you can still purcase or lease land from villagers 'dirt cheap'. Imagine 'tax free' annual returns from two acres of pineapples, oranges, plantain, mangoes etc
Re: Can Farm Business Alone In Nigeria Make One As Wealthy As Dangote/Adenuga? by kbsheshe(m): 8:43pm On Dec 04, 2011
Work hard and leave the rest to GOD!

1 Like

Re: Can Farm Business Alone In Nigeria Make One As Wealthy As Dangote/Adenuga? by manny4life(m): 9:13pm On Dec 04, 2011
Pukkah:

Just imagine or provide an answer to this: what's the likely turnover before you can make a net profit of N1billion assuming your net profit/sales ratio is about 30/100?

How can you make that turnover or sales over a period time (which you should decide depending on your age now). 

You can turnover a N1billion profit in a 12momnth annual period depending on the size of your operations. If you have large scale commercial size poultry operations, YES you can turn $7million profit annually. A small sized farming of 25,000 chicken annually (average turnover of 2,000 chicken monthly) would give you an  annual income of $2million. Using your net profit/revenue model @ 0.3% would give a NP of $600,000. If you engage in large scale production like they do here, that's like 10x, 20x or even 50x of that amount. Do the math yourself.

@Topic, it's way impossible to reach such heights regardless of the size of your operation unless diversified. Although you will be wealthy but not in the billions of dollars like these two folks are.

1 Like

Re: Can Farm Business Alone In Nigeria Make One As Wealthy As Dangote/Adenuga? by infofta(m): 9:16pm On Dec 04, 2011
Interesting. But what area of farming? Crops or livestock? Details please.
Re: Can Farm Business Alone In Nigeria Make One As Wealthy As Dangote/Adenuga? by godman01(m): 9:28pm On Dec 04, 2011
Nothing is impossible.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Truth About Money Rituals, What People Don't Know / Dollarisation: Banks Peg Domiciliary Account Balance At $10,000 / Nigerian Entrepreneurs Who Are Doing Nigeria And Africa Proud

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.