Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,123 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:33 AM

Has Buhari Apologised For Killing Igbos In 1966 Coup - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Has Buhari Apologised For Killing Igbos In 1966 Coup (2336 Views)

Throwback Picture Of Onitsha Niger Bridge In 1966 And Present Picture In 2016 / What Has Buhari's Administration Achieved This Year? / Has Buhari Shot Himself In The Foot? - Sahara Reporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Has Buhari Apologised For Killing Igbos In 1966 Coup by VoodooDoll(m): 9:20pm On Dec 03, 2011
Every four years Buhari comes round to try to rule Nigeria.  I have met him before and I must say he is very self-centred.

Does anybody know if Buhari has apologised for his part in the July, 1966 coup?

"According to late Major General Garba (rtd), others involved in planning in the South
include Captain JN Garba, Lt. William Walbe and Lt. Paul Tarfa (Federal Guards), Lts.
Muhammadu Buhari and John Longboem (2nd battalion), Lts. Pam Nwatkon (Abeokuta
garrison, Recce), Lts Jerry Useni,Ibrahim Bako and Garba Dada(4th battalion, Ibadan),
and Lt. Shehu Musa Yar'Adua (Adjutant, 1st battalion, Enugu)."

"By the time Muhammed got to Ikeja, Captain Martin Adamu, Lts. Nathan, Nassarawa,
Muhammadu Buhari, [/b]Alfred Gom, Longboem and a bunch of NCOs were already in
control of the battalion, [b]having executed several Igbo soldiers and officers
(including
Major B Nnamani, one of the company commanders) and arrested many others by
cordoning off the quartermaster section of the barracks or grabbing soldiers as they came
out for morning PT.The battalion commander, Lt. Col. Henry Igboba, narrowly escaped a
dragnet deployed around his house by Lt. Longboem and got away. 
Muhammed reportedly gave orders to stop the killing, and focus instead on securing the
perimeter as well as approach roads and taking measures to ensure the eventual success
of their activities."

Source: http://www.omoigui.com/files/military_counterrebellion_july_1966.pdf (page 36 and 37)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Has Buhari Apologised For Killing Igbos In 1966 Coup by Nobody: 10:20pm On Dec 03, 2011
Buhari was 23yr old and did not lead the coup

what does he have to apologise for?

What prove do you have that Buhari executed anybody?
Re: Has Buhari Apologised For Killing Igbos In 1966 Coup by kokoA(m): 10:28pm On Dec 03, 2011
GenBuhari:

Buhari was 23yr old and did not lead the coup

what does he have to apologise for?

What prove do you have that Buhari executed anybody?

Why did you dignify this post with an answer naw? angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: Has Buhari Apologised For Killing Igbos In 1966 Coup by VoodooDoll(m): 10:33pm On Dec 03, 2011
I would rather not elect a genocidal murderer who took part in a very bloody coup in 1966 and then led another coup in 1984 and is once again linked with violence.  Buhari has a history of violence and Nigeria has 160m people, most of which are not bloody mass murderers. You should be ashamed of yourself for promoting this killer.

It is a known fact that Buhari has admitted he took part in the 1966 coup - source: google is your friend.

Nigeria has more comptent people (North, East, West and South).  We do not need these same recycled people. IBB, Abacha, Danjuma, Buhari etc are all genocidal murderers.  This is a recorded fact.  They have all brushed this aside under the "umbrella of coup and patriotism". Well that is up to the lawyers.  Personally I would rather vote GEJ (and hold my nose and suffer) than vote in a genocidal murderer that did not see anything wrong with slaughtering innocent people. Buhari has the scent of death, enough!!

1 Like

Re: Has Buhari Apologised For Killing Igbos In 1966 Coup by Sinachay: 7:54am On Dec 04, 2011
Nna Mheeeeeeeeeeeen!
This NL na waaaaaaaaaaaaah!
Tooo many miserable and unhappy people I swear.
Saaaaaaay what?

LWKMD!!!

cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin
Hmmmm!
Re: Has Buhari Apologised For Killing Igbos In 1966 Coup by DrummaBoy(m): 8:18am On Dec 04, 2011
Buhari led 1984 coup without shedding a blood, what other proof do U need that he doesn't approve of bloodletting
Re: Has Buhari Apologised For Killing Igbos In 1966 Coup by DrummaBoy(m): 8:21am On Dec 04, 2011
So his colleaques got guys killed, show us any evidence he killed any1 for a coup he never denied being involved with
Re: Has Buhari Apologised For Killing Igbos In 1966 Coup by Nobody: 8:22am On Dec 04, 2011
has Abacha apologized for killing Yorubas during his reign?

Go and dig up his grave, maybe he'll also give an answer.

Lil children must think wars are bed and roses.
Re: Has Buhari Apologised For Killing Igbos In 1966 Coup by DrummaBoy(m): 8:23am On Dec 04, 2011
This' a democracy & choose who governs U
Just don't complain wen d fresh air turns stale
Re: Has Buhari Apologised For Killing Igbos In 1966 Coup by Relax101(m): 8:30am On Dec 04, 2011
Buhari is a well known serial killer. no be today.
See the recent one.
Oya See map of his supporters.

1 Like

Re: Has Buhari Apologised For Killing Igbos In 1966 Coup by DrummaBoy(m): 10:08am On Dec 04, 2011
Voodoodoll
How does Buhari threaten U

Why all this campaign of calumny even after loosing the elections in April.
Re: Has Buhari Apologised For Killing Igbos In 1966 Coup by VoodooDoll(m): 10:18am On Dec 04, 2011
^^^^^^

Buhari doesn't threaten me, but I am just tired of seeing posts from Gen Buhari making this guy out to be an angel!  In my opinion if Buhari was the head of state now the country would be much worse off, we would almost be a pariah nation with increased military presence every where. 

Buhari was a soldier and still is today.  I've met him before and he is quite self-centred in speech, manners and outlook.  He has directly partaken in two mutinies before (1966 and 1984) - both mutinies set Nigeria back by decades.  Yet some people come out today to support him.  - WHY.

We have one joker (Gen Buhari) posting propaganda crap all over NL like as if we all don't have any memories at all.  Buhari should go and retire gracefully.  To think that even at 23 years old he was already murdering people - Gen Garba's words not mine.
Re: Has Buhari Apologised For Killing Igbos In 1966 Coup by baslone: 11:48am On Dec 04, 2011
VoodooDoll:

"By the time Muhammed got to Ikeja, Captain Martin Adamu, Lts. Nathan, Nassarawa,
(including
cordoning off the quartermaster section of the barracks or grabbing soldiers as they came
out for morning PT.
Source: http://www.omoigui.com/files/military_counterrebellion_july_1966.pdf (page 36 and 37)

The Art of war!!!!! He owes nobody an apology.
Re: Has Buhari Apologised For Killing Igbos In 1966 Coup by VoodooDoll(m): 12:00pm On Dec 04, 2011
Then he shouldn't come round crying every four years that he want's to be president.

Nigerian's have told him to "phock off" enough times, but still he does.  And this time innocent corpers were killed and others slaughtered. 

So Buhari, PHOCK OFF!,   NIGERIANS DONT WANT YOU!
Re: Has Buhari Apologised For Killing Igbos In 1966 Coup by hercules07: 12:38pm On Dec 04, 2011
@Voodoo

12 Million Nigerians wanted him, the 1966 coup was always going to happen, one Igbo and one Hausa office pledged loyalty to each other asking the other to save him when the coup takes place, do you think coups are social events? Buhari left Nigeria better than he met in 1984. Buhari is not an Angel, but, he has done far more for Nigeria as a country than most of our leaders.
Re: Has Buhari Apologised For Killing Igbos In 1966 Coup by badesco(m): 4:44pm On Dec 04, 2011
Apologize for killing during the war? You must be out of your mind. You can as well tell Ojukwu to do likewise.
Re: Has Buhari Apologised For Killing Igbos In 1966 Coup by egift(m): 5:23pm On Dec 04, 2011
[size=18pt]VoodooDoll open ya mouth -> Swallow[/size] grin

"We Will Bomb Abuja Again On Oct. 1st" - MEND Threatens
IN an apparent planned re-enactment of the bloody show at the Eagle Square, Abuja, venue of the Golden Jubilee celebration of Nigeria on October 1 last year, the Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta (MEND) has said it will plant and detonate explosives within the vicinity of the Eagle Square again, to coincide with the Independence celebration on Saturday.
http://www.naijapals.com/modules/naijapals/nigeria/topic,80099.0.html

MEND threatens Jonathan
Security agents have continued to launch a manhunt for the persons believed to still be members of the Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta (MEND). The manhunt has already led to the arrest of Henry Okah’s younger brother, Charles Okah in Lagos while security agents are said to be closing in on others suspected to be closely associated with MEND.
http://www.nigerianbestforum.com/index.php?topic=93073.0

MEND threatens to bomb Lagos, Abuja, Niger Delta
AFTER a long lull, militants staged a worrisome return to national consciousness yesterday.

"Am I supposed to know her? I stopped caring about who occupies what position a long time ago. They are all the same."

[img]http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQjLHRNu6Gj6p1PlzMr0mTbIdZzLxYq3DHR08abhV1rQMUNAJHo&t=1[/img]
Re: Has Buhari Apologised For Killing Igbos In 1966 Coup by abacus(m): 2:33pm On Dec 05, 2011
VoodooDoll:

Every four years Buhari comes round to try to rule Nigeria.  I have met him before and I must say he is very self-centred.

Does anybody know if Buhari has apologised for his part in the July, 1966 coup?

"According to late Major General Garba (rtd), others involved in planning in the South
include Captain JN Garba, Lt. William Walbe and Lt. Paul Tarfa (Federal Guards), Lts.
Muhammadu Buhari and John Longboem (2nd battalion), Lts. Pam Nwatkon (Abeokuta
garrison, Recce), Lts Jerry Useni,Ibrahim Bako and Garba Dada(4th battalion, Ibadan),
and Lt. Shehu Musa Yar'Adua (Adjutant, 1st battalion, Enugu)."

(including
out for morning PT.The battalion commander, Lt. Col. Henry Igboba, narrowly escaped a
dragnet deployed around his house by Lt. Longboem and got away. 
Muhammed reportedly gave orders to stop the killing, and focus instead on securing the
perimeter as well as approach roads and taking measures to ensure the eventual success
of their activities."

You are a [size=20pt]fool[/size]. simple.
Re: Has Buhari Apologised For Killing Igbos In 1966 Coup by LFJ: 3:42pm On Dec 05, 2011
I don’t know when my Ibo brothers is going to sit and think of future rather than digging into the past of who kill this Ibo or that Ibo. I guess Ibos are the only saint tribe in Nigeria. If the whole world gathered today to say sorry to Ibo on behalf of other tribes in Nigeria, they will still come back to demand for the head of other people.

Your forefathers tell your fathers about Biafra, your own fathers are telling you today and you are preparing to tell your own sons and I guess your sons may want to do the same. These are stories that cannot benefit your future. I hope one day you will put all these stories behind you and learn how to work with others to fight with our common enemies for the sake of our future and that of our children.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Has Buhari Apologised For Killing Igbos In 1966 Coup by OfoIgbo: 6:36am On Jul 22, 2015
It is sickening to learn that Mumu-hammadu took part in the killing of innocent Easterners in the July 1966 coup.
I know that JTU ironsi detained the people involved in the January1966 coup, and were awaiting trial pending the completion of the duties of a committee led by Gowon, so clearly the January guys were not treated like saints.

Mumu-hammadu must be tried for treason and crimes against humanity. Igbos must make sure of that

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Full List Of Victims In Dana Air Crash / QE3, The Time Bomb That Will Cause Massive Inflation And Make Nigeria Rich!!! / Man Arrested For Discharging Semen In 3-year-old Girl's Mouth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.