Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,978 members, 7,825,057 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:12 AM

My Fiancee Turns Prayer Warrior & Disturbs Neighborhood, Every Night - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Fiancee Turns Prayer Warrior & Disturbs Neighborhood, Every Night (2907 Views)

Oyedepo Turns Woman With Small Breasts To Big Breasts Instantly Via Prayer / Prayer Warrior Dies Of Ebola. Name Of Jesus Cannot Cure Ebola / Prayer Warrior Bathes 15-year-old Girl With ‘holy’ Hot Water (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Fiancee Turns Prayer Warrior & Disturbs Neighborhood, Every Night by Nobody: 10:16am On Dec 04, 2011
Please candid Advise is needed:

My fiancee of 4yrs has all of a sudden turn prayer warrior, she visited her relative a couple weeks ago and her return she totally change into this violent prayer warrior and the prayers are loud enough to wake up the entire street. What should a man do ! I dont like the inconvenience on the neighbors. When I caution against it, she says am Antichrist. Advice !!
Re: My Fiancee Turns Prayer Warrior & Disturbs Neighborhood, Every Night by manmustwac(m): 11:55am On Dec 04, 2011
So in other words she is now a different person from the one you knew before and its becoming a problem. You need to sit her down and tell her that she has changed from the same person you knew four years ago and that you don't like it. That its also not fair that she calls you the anti christ since your just telling her to be quiet not to stop praying. People complain about noisy generators and noisy church all night vigils etc its the first time i have heard of a noisy violent prayer warrior.
Re: My Fiancee Turns Prayer Warrior & Disturbs Neighborhood, Every Night by Jenwitemi(m): 2:18pm On Dec 04, 2011
She has been inflicted with the religion drug, it seems. Try and knock some sense into her, and if she persists, leave her.
Re: My Fiancee Turns Prayer Warrior & Disturbs Neighborhood, Every Night by PastorKun(m): 3:02pm On Dec 04, 2011
What is your 'christian' fiancee doing sleeping in your house in the first place before we address the issue of keeping you neighbours awake at night?

To address the issue let her know that violent and loud prayer format used by most prayer warriors go against the teaching of christ in Matthew 6:5-9. I recommend you read this scripture and share it with her.
Re: My Fiancee Turns Prayer Warrior & Disturbs Neighborhood, Every Night by rhymz(m): 4:12pm On Dec 04, 2011
I will tell her to watch the effect of her violent prayers as I violently push her out of my house
Re: My Fiancee Turns Prayer Warrior & Disturbs Neighborhood, Every Night by duality(m): 5:20pm On Dec 04, 2011
if you love her, join her OR know for sure its over

for what you don't like in a relationship will take you out of that relationship.
Re: My Fiancee Turns Prayer Warrior & Disturbs Neighborhood, Every Night by Joagbaje(m): 5:27pm On Dec 04, 2011
Nothing is wring with loud or "violent" prayers. But Nobody has the right to disturb others. You don't have to shout out that loud. I can shout loud in my room without disturbing others. But if your voice must be extra loud, you should do what Jesus did ? Take a walk from home to an isolated place. You can shout the head off there.

Luke 6:12
12 And it came to pass in those days, that he went out into a mountain to pray, and continued all night in prayer to God.
Re: My Fiancee Turns Prayer Warrior & Disturbs Neighborhood, Every Night by mabell: 6:29pm On Dec 04, 2011
LeoMax:

Please candid Advise is needed:

My fiancee of 4yrs has all of a sudden turn prayer warrior, she visited her relative a couple weeks ago and her return she totally change into this violent prayer warrior and the prayers are loud enough to wake up the entire street. What should a man do ! I dont like the inconvenience on the neighbors. When I caution against it, she says am Antichrist. Advice !!

Maybe she is praying for your future cheesy grin grin cheesy
Re: My Fiancee Turns Prayer Warrior & Disturbs Neighborhood, Every Night by manmustwac(m): 9:40pm On Dec 04, 2011
Jenwitemi:

She has been inflicted with the religion drug, it seems. Try and knock some sense into her, and if she persists, leave her.
that's what I wanted to say that he should leave her but its not easy to just leave someone that you have been with for four years just like that.

@post
I guess she went to visit her relative to discuss some issues amd the solution they came up with was to pray harder and she doesn't seem to know that her loud noise is becoming a nuisance.

Why is it that everybody in Nigeria believe that the answer to all thier problems is,prayers if it was Nigeria would've gone far by now. She needs to gather her thoughts and brainstorm her way through her problems instead of prayer which to me is just like wishful thinking.
Re: My Fiancee Turns Prayer Warrior & Disturbs Neighborhood, Every Night by God2man(m): 10:08pm On Dec 04, 2011
Ha! Oga Leomax, no matter what you do, people will always talk, they will not be there, when your marriage will be facing some challenges, although, it is not good to disturb the peace of your neighbour, it is not also good, to enter into an old institution called marriage withou seeking help from God. What is good need prayer, what is bad also need prayer. It is a good sign that your marriage will be successful. People do not care if you fail, infact, some people will even laugh at your back when you fail. Failure is an orphan, but success has many friends, your fiancee understood very well, that marriage is closed package, you will not know what is inside, until you get there. Perhaps, she is trying to lay a good foundation for your marriage. Honestly, if i were you, i will even join her, i will just tell her that we should move to a secluded area with one or two of your friends, you can confide in, so that you will not be tempted to sin. Then you do hot prayer together to prepare you ahead for the unforseen circumstances, that may be inimical to your marriage. God bless you. God2man.
Re: My Fiancee Turns Prayer Warrior & Disturbs Neighborhood, Every Night by otokx(m): 3:18am On Dec 05, 2011
Smh
Re: My Fiancee Turns Prayer Warrior & Disturbs Neighborhood, Every Night by ramalot(m): 3:54am On Dec 05, 2011
since you guys aren't married, doesn't her religion (or yours) frown greatly upon your cohabitance?

and real quick, so that we may better help you, does this violent prayer session commence before or after a steamy round of good ol' premarital sex?

The hypocrisy!

Do yourself a favor and reevaluate your relationship. If she is already irrationally defiant at this stage when advised to act like a reasonable human being, then you're in for some major trouble when married. now u're only accused of being her "spiritual enemy" (anti-christ). Thats only the beginning.
Re: My Fiancee Turns Prayer Warrior & Disturbs Neighborhood, Every Night by tpia5: 7:14am On Dec 05, 2011
must she not pray for a husband, with this 4 year engagement.
Re: My Fiancee Turns Prayer Warrior & Disturbs Neighborhood, Every Night by tpia5: 7:14am On Dec 05, 2011
and when is the prayer btw- is it before or after s.ex.

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Turns Prayer Warrior & Disturbs Neighborhood, Every Night by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 3:47pm On Dec 05, 2011
@poster - you only need to bear - did she visit MFM! they are the only group i know that pray violently. back in my akokite days I lived off-campus and my self-contained was a few blocks from their building. Nobody will tell you to run when they start praying.

My only advice - become a prayer War-Lord. only when you pray - use a Mega-phone from Bose - guaranteed to wake up the dead wink
Re: My Fiancee Turns Prayer Warrior & Disturbs Neighborhood, Every Night by Nobody: 3:55pm On Dec 05, 2011
Nigeria na wah oo.

I admit, when I was a student, my impression of prayer was shouting out loud , normally in a church setting or the closet of my room.

However over the years, with some maturity and deviation from the 'madness' called church in Nigeria, I pray in any direction ( does not have to be Mecca  grin ) , any position and normally in a quiet hush tone.

God is not moved by shouting and screaming, he is not DEAF !!!!!

You can pray walking , kneeling down, lying on the bed, with your eyes open or closed, when cooking, at work in your heart - I mean common guys and gals, what matters to GOD is clean and undefiled heart , a heart void of bitterness, ire, unforgiveness and lust.

Shouting out loud on a hill or mountain might be plausible but what matters is holiness without which no man shall see the Lord.

Stop disturbing your neighbours please, be considerate !!!!

3 Likes

Re: My Fiancee Turns Prayer Warrior & Disturbs Neighborhood, Every Night by james1(m): 11:07am On Aug 19, 2012
That's wrong:she has a right to pray but not in such a ways to disturb your sleep and that of the neighbors.
You have to sit her down and have a heart to heart discussion.you two can pray an agreement prayers,quietly,not in such a way to disturb the neighbors.
If she continues to pray in such a way,even you will have a really bad time and suffer from lack of proper rest.
Why is it that women who want to be married almost always start behaving like crazy christians for christ?I hope she is not one of such sisters who go on pretense spree cos they want their potential husbands to believe they are getting married to the right people.
Such sisters are the most terrible PERSONS to get married to.Guy be careful and watchful cos from your submition,she was not like this before so you must be WARY
Re: My Fiancee Turns Prayer Warrior & Disturbs Neighborhood, Every Night by OmoAlata(f): 3:18pm On Aug 19, 2012
LeoMax: Please candid Advise is needed:

My fiancee of 4yrs

When are you going to make a honest woman out of her? 4 years!!!

(1) (Reply)

City Of Glory Redemtion Ministries Senior Pastor Apostle Esosa Emuze Dead!! / Without The Shedding Of Blood, There Is NO Forgiveness. / Religion In Africa And The Harmful Effects

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.