Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,655 members, 7,955,368 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 12:50 AM

ASUU To Begin Indefinite Nationwide Strike Today - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU To Begin Indefinite Nationwide Strike Today (66132 Views)

FG Forced ASUU To Embark On Strike / See Latest News About ASUU Strike Today / ASUU To Call Off Strike On Monday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU To Begin Indefinite Nationwide Strike Today by kbsheshe(m): 7:32am On Dec 05, 2011
Another setback!
Re: ASUU To Begin Indefinite Nationwide Strike Today by Password77(m): 7:35am On Dec 05, 2011
Even if their demands are met, It wont stop these lazy good for nothing scarecrows who call themselves lecturers from acting lyk oliver twist in the nearest future,
Re: ASUU To Begin Indefinite Nationwide Strike Today by Jasiel(f): 7:35am On Dec 05, 2011
Na wa o. Only God can save us students. My days in unilag are numbered o. New hall will now become more rowdy. More pill popping, dope eyed boys will flock to the complex and I sincerely hope there will be no shoot outs.
Re: ASUU To Begin Indefinite Nationwide Strike Today by slap1(m): 7:48am On Dec 05, 2011
These people are looking for my trouble o, I have to be going for my Masters in 2013. . .and if another man marries this gal I want to marry eh. . .hmm.
Re: ASUU To Begin Indefinite Nationwide Strike Today by Nobody: 7:50am On Dec 05, 2011
Jasiel:

Na wa o. Only God can save us students. My days in unilag are numbered o. New hall will now become more rowdy. More pill popping, drugs eyed boys will flock to the complex and I sincerely hope there will be no shoot outs.

KDULAR:

Doctors and Lecturers insatiable lots thunder strike them as they begin their strike. Want to be a teacher / lecturer though.  I could just remember the pain and disillusion we went through in the 90's in the hands of mindless and incessant strikes from all angles . God help our generation.

kevoh:

And you are jinxing it the more with your comment. Why not say a blessing for Nigeria anytime you feel this way it will go a long way.

And you wonder why our country remains comatose,

make una dey wait on God for answers for every issue,
Re: ASUU To Begin Indefinite Nationwide Strike Today by Jasiel(f): 7:55am On Dec 05, 2011
Mr muskeeto are you a student ?
Re: ASUU To Begin Indefinite Nationwide Strike Today by texazzpete(m): 8:14am On Dec 05, 2011
I support the ASUU strike 100%.

You dumbarse Nigerians will never pressure your government into doing the right thing. Agreements signed and sealed with ASUU has not been implemented yet. ASUU went on a warning strike, still no difference.

klas:

ASUU should tell us the details of the agreement that the govt reneged on. The only one hitherto publicised is about extending the retirement of all lecturers to 70 years not just only professors.

If the strike is because this, then it is rascality because the bone of contention is not whether fed govt accept but that national assembly should pass it into law rather than fed govt just issuing a circular to that effect.

If the retirement age of civil servants is 55, why should ASUU strike after being granted extra 15 years. Even below 50 years, what is the productivity of most of them?

The lecturers above 50 years of age are even the best ones sef. Those are the people who started lecturing for the joy of teaching, not all these hungry young men who are desperate to catch up with their peers in banks that are earning 3 times their salary.

You people don't know how you're joining this daft PDP government to destroy Nigeria's future. Our universities are supposed to be the drivers for our technological revolution to at least bring us to a level comparable to some of the other front line developing nations. We ought to be encouraging these people!
Now we have a system where all our bright brains gravitate towards the industry, leaving behind the Second Class Lower and Third Class folks as lecturers. This is not sustainable!
Re: ASUU To Begin Indefinite Nationwide Strike Today by oneuniquemind(m): 8:14am On Dec 05, 2011
I hp say Futa dey join o
Re: ASUU To Begin Indefinite Nationwide Strike Today by idmanzik: 8:32am On Dec 05, 2011
ASUU is not only fighting for the retirement age of the lecturers. They are also fighting for increased funding of the Universities and their allowances.

Strike or no strike, these lecturers will still be paid their salaries,

"when two elephants fight, the grass suffers"

The students and their parents are at the receiving end,
Re: ASUU To Begin Indefinite Nationwide Strike Today by Nobody: 8:33am On Dec 05, 2011
Why must dey strick when am just getting 4 sch
Re: ASUU To Begin Indefinite Nationwide Strike Today by psyqs(m): 8:34am On Dec 05, 2011
Na dem sabi. Sch or no sch i've got my business Goin! Shameless idiots. I dont kno wen 9ja wil change.
Re: ASUU To Begin Indefinite Nationwide Strike Today by Akanbiedu(m): 8:40am On Dec 05, 2011
Going around in cycles. The system is unsustainable with the ridiculous school fees students pay. If the tuition does not reflect economic reality of the day, this will always happen.
Re: ASUU To Begin Indefinite Nationwide Strike Today by Nobody: 8:44am On Dec 05, 2011
So ASUU warned them already and they were busy discussing non serious issues like new plate number and homosexuality in NAS.  Bunch of idiots.
Re: ASUU To Begin Indefinite Nationwide Strike Today by wascom2: 8:45am On Dec 05, 2011
Great nigeria students!!! Great NANS!!! Instead of sitting down at home and folding our arms which is the choice of the FG and ASUU because they are both toying with our life and future. Why can't we express our own grievances through radicals means, let take to the street. We have a role to play in this state of affairs. We can't just sit back and watch this useless and old set of impediment lectures and leaders delay our destiny, while their own children are studying abroad. They have forgotten that an idle hand is the workshop of devil which will sprout other social vices and its associated delinquencies. With this current state of insecurity and instability in this country FG should not render the youth redundant. I think this will only pave the way for more excusable criminal indulgence to be commited. Both FG and ASUU are to be blamed how long will they continue to be dragging the issue of agreement or no agreement. It is quite alright that federal government on their part has failed to secure for nigerian a quality and affordable education. ASUU too will also share part of the blame, they are only being selfish and self-centered. even with the current emolument scale of federal employed lectures they are still getting more paid compared to their counterparts in other notable west african country. It is so saddened that no single professor or doctor in the academics has ever invented any outstanding or significant technology nor have they contributed to the progress of this country with the vast knowledge they claim to have imbibed in their realm of knowledge pursuant. ASUU are only going radical all because of their own selfish goal claiming to stabilize the ivory tower.FG Government has been a total failure in many aspect of their governance, policy failure which has been a driving force of the decaying economical and political state of this country, which also seems to be ubiquitous has been degeneration this country. Great NANS let just speak in one voice and defend our right, because I believe will too have a so say in this issue. FG and ASUU both share the onus.
Re: ASUU To Begin Indefinite Nationwide Strike Today by blackbeau1(f): 8:54am On Dec 05, 2011
ASUU,strike no dey tire una? Haba.my course na 4yrs but una dey extend am. Una wan teach for 70yrs.abi,na wheelchair una go use go class dey teach.some of una never reach 70 but for class,person no dey hear una voice.anyway,i dont blame you because na condition make crayfish bend.if money been dey most of us would have left nigeria to school or at least we would have attended a private university in nigeria
Re: ASUU To Begin Indefinite Nationwide Strike Today by Nobody: 9:06am On Dec 05, 2011
Jasiel:

Mr muskeeto are you a student ?

hw's dat relevant? anyways, yes I am,
Re: ASUU To Begin Indefinite Nationwide Strike Today by rapdane: 9:14am On Dec 05, 2011
Naija sucks. If person tok nw,dem go say u no dey patriotic
Re: ASUU To Begin Indefinite Nationwide Strike Today by Myself2(m): 9:16am On Dec 05, 2011
F[i]uc[/i]k ArseSUU
Re: ASUU To Begin Indefinite Nationwide Strike Today by joselekas(m): 9:20am On Dec 05, 2011
slap1:

These people are looking for my trouble o, I have to be going for my Masters in 2013. . .and if another man marries this gal I want to marry eh. . .hmm.
E bi like say we dey the same boat. My gfrd graduated this year while I ll be graduating nxt year. She don dey complain oooooooo. Wetin we go do?
Re: ASUU To Begin Indefinite Nationwide Strike Today by bright007(f): 9:21am On Dec 05, 2011
ASUU on strike?hhaaaaaaaaaaaa angry sad.Ok me too m going on strike.infact let everybody go on strike including FG.
Re: ASUU To Begin Indefinite Nationwide Strike Today by moshoodn(m): 9:23am On Dec 05, 2011
On my knees. . . . Praying!
Re: ASUU To Begin Indefinite Nationwide Strike Today by waleski(m): 9:24am On Dec 05, 2011
Unilag is not on strike yet,lectures are going on
Re: ASUU To Begin Indefinite Nationwide Strike Today by joselekas(m): 9:28am On Dec 05, 2011
waleski:

Unilag is not on strike yet,lectures are going on
It takes effect from 12 noon I think.
OAU will join after the completing their 2-weeks record breaking exam this week.
Re: ASUU To Begin Indefinite Nationwide Strike Today by vic4vi(m): 9:35am On Dec 05, 2011
When will they call off? Will it be upto 4 months?
Re: ASUU To Begin Indefinite Nationwide Strike Today by BCuZiMBlaCk(m): 9:37am On Dec 05, 2011
*praying 'let thee strike hold as planned oh lord* ii need the break
Re: ASUU To Begin Indefinite Nationwide Strike Today by lorkiy: 9:59am On Dec 05, 2011
Im just sick n tired of this country. . . . . *sigh*. . .waitn 4 d dy i watch news n dr isnt any bad news at all!!
Re: ASUU To Begin Indefinite Nationwide Strike Today by Energieman(m): 10:01am On Dec 05, 2011
any protest different from bombing or that dosent involve bombing is not attended to by our so called oil dealer man, sorry i wanted to say *resident, I wonder how many strike will happen before his four years run out, Serve us right because we all voted in the wrong person, 1litre of pet-900, ASUU-500 days strike, Working hour- 5am-11pm pure water-70 per sachet, Universities-charcoal on white board, Oga for this country o,
Re: ASUU To Begin Indefinite Nationwide Strike Today by texazzpete(m): 10:07am On Dec 05, 2011
wascom2:

It is so saddened that no single professor or doctor in the academics has ever invented any outstanding or significant technology nor have they contributed to the progress of this country with the vast knowledge they claim to have imbibed in their realm of knowledge pursuant.

It doesn't sadden you that you're going to come out as a half-baked graduate?
At least University students in Kenya were able to come out with a home grown electric vehicle, thanks to liberal government research grants etc. What can you or your fellow students achieve?

If we look closely, many of you are still being taught with chalk and blackboard.

Only in Nigeria will Final year computer science students with a non-functional computer lab start blaming ASUU for not fast tracking their exit at the University's expense.
Re: ASUU To Begin Indefinite Nationwide Strike Today by freecocoa(f): 10:13am On Dec 05, 2011
If na play make them stop am o,when person go graduate with all these their nonsense.
Re: ASUU To Begin Indefinite Nationwide Strike Today by ebere1712: 10:26am On Dec 05, 2011
Students should pay for their studies with the government providing loans and aids. This is how it is done in many countries. It is shame that till today we are riddled with this kind of dysfunctional system. Another example of the Nigerian FG as a humongous failure. It is a big shame we can't get anything right.
Re: ASUU To Begin Indefinite Nationwide Strike Today by LA2(m): 10:32am On Dec 05, 2011
Re: ASUU To Begin Indefinite Nationwide Strike Today by Nobody: 10:36am On Dec 05, 2011
Absolute brandish

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ten Universities With The Fastest Academic Calender 2016 / Aliko Dangote's Daughter Graduates From Coventry University (Photos) / Prof. Theo Vincent, Ex-uniport VC Who Lives In A Slum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.