Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,793 members, 7,817,288 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:35 AM

Etteh Is Confirmed To Be A Suspected Thief: Now What? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Etteh Is Confirmed To Be A Suspected Thief: Now What? (1018 Views)

Angry Nigerians React On Twitter As Musiliu Obanikoro Is Confirmed As Minister / Graphic Photos Of A Suspected Suicide Bomber Burnt To Death In Bauchi Today / Patricia Etteh Decamps From PDP To APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Etteh Is Confirmed To Be A Suspected Thief: Now What? by Bankole01(m): 4:41pm On Sep 27, 2007
Now that the Speaker of the Houst Patricia Etteh has been shown to be a thief on a grand scale, will the house have the courage to do what is right and sack this woman?
Inspite of her protestations and trying to pass the responsibility to someone else, it has been shown that she was behind the scheme of trying to rip Nigeria off.
Can Obasanjo save her behind? This is the result of rigging unqualified people into high political offices. We will see more of these until all the crooks have been done away with!!!!!!!!!

ABC Of Idoko's panel report. Nation newspaper 9/27/07

Based on the Committee’s evaluation, the Committee concluded that due process was not completely followed in the awards of the contracts based on the following:

•The tender was not advertised.

•No in-house Bill of Quantities and drawings (Architectural, structural, electrical and mechanical) as such, there was no basis for arriving at the approved contract sums.

•No specific budgetary provision for renovation and furnishing of the official residences of the Speaker and Deputy Speaker in the 2007 Budget.
•No specific budgetary provision for the purchase of vehicles for principal officers in the 2007 Budget.

•The procedure for the award by the Body of Principal Officers on 12th July 2007 shows major act of omission and disregard for laid down procedure.

•The memoranda for the award of contracts presented at the Meeting of the Body of Principal Officers of 12th July 2007 were raised before some of the quotations for the jobs were processed.

•Some of the companies that sent quotations were not registered with the Corporate Affairs Commission.

They therefore lacked capacity to compete for the contracts in question since the law does not recognize them as persons.
•It appears that some principal officers were excluded from the meeting of 12th July 2007 by not serving them notice for the meeting particularly the Minority Leadership.

•The contract sum of N238,852,152.00 in respect of the renovation and furnishing of the residence of Speaker was for the main house and not inclusive of cluster of structures in the compound.

•All quotations relating to the renovation and furnishing contracts directed to the office of the Speaker and those directed to the office of the Clerk to the National Assembly were first acted upon by the Hon. Speaker for the attention of the Clerk to the National Assembly directing him to process.
Re: Etteh Is Confirmed To Be A Suspected Thief: Now What? by babasin(m): 4:44pm On Sep 27, 2007
Nigerians are waiting for Ribadu' EFCC to take her to Kirikiri Prison.

grin cheesy grin
Re: Etteh Is Confirmed To Be A Suspected Thief: Now What? by Mamajama(m): 4:51pm On Sep 27, 2007
I don't foresee anything happening. think of the English used, [b]NOT DUE PROCESS WAS FOLLOWED?[/b]She wasn't accused of stealing. BIG difference
Re: Etteh Is Confirmed To Be A Suspected Thief: Now What? by Bankole01(m): 5:18pm On Sep 27, 2007
Mamajama:

I don't foresee anything happening. think of the English used, [b]NOT DUE PROCESS WAS FOLLOWED?[/b]She wasn't accused of stealing. BIG difference

Mamajama, who is trying to be clever now? somantics of English words is for the ignorant only.
Due process not being followed and someone appropriating a huge some of money for a project not approved in a laid down process, my brother spells stealing.
Therefore, Etteh has been confirmed to be a thief!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Etteh Is Confirmed To Be A Suspected Thief: Now What? by Bankole01(m): 5:44pm On Sep 27, 2007
The title of my thread is Etteh is confirmed to be a thief, not suspected!!!!!!!!!! Big difference.

Seun or other censors. I will appreciate it if you will not censor what I write. If you decide to change my words around to say or mean something other than I intend it to say, please have the courage to affix your name to the alterations.

Thank you for help unwelcome help!!!!!!!!
Re: Etteh Is Confirmed To Be A Suspected Thief: Now What? by chidichris(m): 7:08pm On Sep 27, 2007
my fear is who this guy mamajama is and what he represents.
the man never see anything wrong with our leaders and he will claim to know them all one on one.
all the same, he has given us light on what to expect.
it happened in the case of money laundary level against andy uba in the usa and funny enough the same man was confirmed guilty and was fined in the usa but back home, the man in charge said it was a civil case.
what is civil about andy using the presidential jet to launder money to the usa?
transparency international is saying we are 32nd most corrupt country in the world and i know mamajama will say is a liar.
whatsoever alams did that landed him in kirikiri for two years is the same thing etteh did and it is nothing but wrong use of public funds or illegal use of public funds - embezzlement is the name.
anything that is against the law of the land is corruption and it is going to be another way of proving the one sidedness of efcc in the fight against corruption in nigeria.
all we are waiting for is the news of her arrest by efcc and anything short of that will be the same issue.
if she can use n628 million on renovation alone then make her the governor of a state she will use 20 billion for renovation.
please, efcc shld learn to threat all nigerians with the same respect.
Re: Etteh Is Confirmed To Be A Suspected Thief: Now What? by Mamajama(m): 7:09pm On Sep 27, 2007
Player.  trust me like I've said in the past,  this issue is deeper than what people know.  Nothing will happen to her, its a matter of time and we wont hear about it any more.

The crime or alleged crime was she over inflate the contract amount

DO not forget no money or soft money has been exchange.  it will be hard to call her a thief
Re: Etteh Is Confirmed To Be A Suspected Thief: Now What? by Mamajama(m): 7:15pm On Sep 27, 2007
chidichris:

my fear is who this guy mamajama is and what he represents.
the man never see anything wrong with our leaders and he will claim to know them all one on one.
all the same, he has given us light on what to expect.

Dude stop talking nonsense. I've never for once applaud corruption in this country. I am just calling a spade a spade. I am in contact with very important people in this government, and like I've said in the past nothing will happen to this woman, mark my word.

Alam was caught with SOFT HARD CURRENCY At his London home and at the airport. Those are facts.
MADAM SPEAKER was accused of not following the due process.

Was any money ever deposited in her account?
was any money found on her?

This is all big boys politics, and just stay tune for the drama to unfold. once the next governor is arrested. that will be the end of this story.
Re: Etteh Is Confirmed To Be A Suspected Thief: Now What? by mazaje(m): 8:26pm On Sep 27, 2007
People like mamajama are the reason why  nigeria is finding it very difficult to make progress, he claims he is extensively knowledgeable but any time he sits in front of the computer to post a message on this public forum all he does is display his ignorance and bais, any sensible person that wants to see nigeria progress will know that madam speaker is no different from Alams,Obj,Atiku and their likes but because mamajama is a double faced flip flopping maniac he comes here trying to show us that he has erudite knowledge of whats happeing around when the reverse is the case.

Learn to stand for something  mamajama, you can't continue to be a double faced flip flopping maniac and expect any body to take you seriously, when atiku erred you were calling for his head, when Ehendiro erred you went on rampage trying to prove his innocence and declaring that he did nothing wrong. Now that the speaker a yoruba woman has erred you are trying to use grammatical function to prove to us that she is innocent, what a cheap and stupid way to prove a point.

Everytime you post a topic and people try to look at it insightfully all the see is tribalism and bigotry. will you go and get a life because all you do here is keep on  spreading  lies and making absolute no sense?

i believe any body that tries to form an opinion of you will know that you are just am empty shell, because all we know is that you(the empty shells) make the loudest noise. mahaukachi shege
Re: Etteh Is Confirmed To Be A Suspected Thief: Now What? by yemmydavid(m): 8:53pm On Sep 27, 2007
she is only showing that what a man can do a woman can even do beta

monies that took some people 4 years in office to steal,she is stealing in laess than 100days in office.
isnt she good?
Re: Etteh Is Confirmed To Be A Suspected Thief: Now What? by Mamajama(m): 9:09pm On Sep 27, 2007
mazaje as much as I tried not to insult you for your stupidity and ignorance. Now tell me she failed to go through the due process to get the contract awarded. can you take that to a court of law and get a conviction?

Stop reading what the media is telling you a thief is not a thief without evidence. Yes she did something wrong, but all I am saying is there are people behind the scene and they will do anything possible to protect her. These are facts.

This topic has nothing to do with her tribe. She is a civil servant, what possible crime will you charge her with in a court of law? She might be reprimanded on paper. But that is as far as this mess will go, I can careless if she goes to jail

As for your remark on Ehindero. That shows you are either dead or been in a vegetative state of mind for the last couple months. Was Ehindero not pronounced innocent as I was proclaiming?
Re: Etteh Is Confirmed To Be A Suspected Thief: Now What? by chidichris(m): 11:33pm On Sep 27, 2007
mamajama,
you are the worst thing that happened to this forum and nigeria as whole.
pls tell us what is embezzlement of public funds?
what is corruption?
and who is a criminal?
then tell me which of the three the woman in question is not guilty of?
which of these three is not a punishable offence?
illegal contracts and unlawful use of public funds are the same problems alams had.
if you are not stupid u won't be here to ask us if any money was found on her. then efcc must have told u that kalu of abia state used names of relatives and friends to steal abia money not that they found him with money as it was in the case of alams.
if you are not mad, how can u say there are big boys behind the scene. who are they? are they part of the fight against corruption in nigeria(obj group) or they part of the group promoting corruption in nigeria(atiku group)?
the only truth i know of your post here is that nothing will happen to her because u are aware that nothing happened to annenih, bode george, chris and andy uba, adedibu etc because where they belong but always remember that saddam of all people gave up like a chicken, charles taylor sourenderd like a sheep and nebukadinezer was forced to act like an animal all because of execess powers.
if the cries of the poor masses in nigeria reaches high heavens, the self acclaimed gods will be less than human beings and abachs issue will be a small and remember, there is powers in our words for every support u give them, your punishments can never be different for we are forced to be slaves in our own country God will definitely visit each and everyone of u.
Re: Etteh Is Confirmed To Be A Suspected Thief: Now What? by YangaRat: 7:36am On Sep 28, 2007
As them don catch this bastard popotamus yansh woman say na Ogbologbo thief, them suppose to carry am throway for prison 1-2, now-now, and them suppose to put am for general cell for where so-so army robber and rapist dey plenty well-well, so that them go fit give am proper welcome wey e be say them go beat am to death and bury am for inside prison yard, or cut the woman meat pieces take am do suya.

If na true talk say this thief-woman dey for that position because Obasanjo dey Bleep am, that one show say Obasanjo self fit Bleep dead-body when don dey draw like okra, because person when get taste for woman nogo fit touch this kind UGLY ELEPHANT-YANSH POPOTAMUS WOMAN when no even fit speak common primary 2 English upon the "Speaker" title them give am , wey him face dey ugly reach to make man pikin fear like bad deam, wey all him body swell up like dead-body when spend a month dey rotten for inside river. 

If them no gree send am go jail, make them carry am go Lagos hand over for area boys and tell them say na this kind pen-robber na him no let them see work and chop-money.  Them nogo waste time to tear the popotamus yansh woman pieces and throway wettin remain for inside gutter.
Re: Etteh Is Confirmed To Be A Suspected Thief: Now What? by angel101(f): 8:08am On Sep 28, 2007
The law should be applied accordingly! she must be punished for her offences. whatever people choose to call it, an offence/offences have been committed and must not go unpunished.
Re: Etteh Is Confirmed To Be A Suspected Thief: Now What? by Mamajama(m): 3:48pm On Sep 28, 2007
@ chidichris

Call it what ever you want.

I can tell you dumb ass is not versatile enough to know how the court system operate.

WAS the speaker INDICTED?
putrefaction, rot, venality, corruption or embezzlement is not grounds or solid enough to win a case.
Re: Etteh Is Confirmed To Be A Suspected Thief: Now What? by Mamajama(m): 3:56pm On Sep 28, 2007
@chidichris why is IBB not in jail today? because we don't have facts, we have allegations and some evidence of misappropriation of funds, but that is not enough to get a conviction in any court of law, Boy start watching court TV or judge JUDY if you can afford cable TV , LOL
Re: Etteh Is Confirmed To Be A Suspected Thief: Now What? by ono(m): 4:41pm On Sep 28, 2007
Yanga Rat:

As them don catch this bastard popotamus yansh woman say na Ogbologbo thief, them suppose to carry am throway for prison 1-2, now-now, and them suppose to put am for general cell together with the other army robber and rapist dey so that them go fit give am proper welcome wey e be say them go beat am to death and bury am for inside prison yard, or cut the woman meat pieces take am do suya.

If na true talk say this thief-woman dey for that position because Obasanjo dey Bleep am, that one show say Obasanjo self fit Bleep dead-body when don dey draw like okra, because person when get taste for woman nogo fit touch this kind UGLY ELEPHANT-YANSH POPOTAMUS WOMAN when no even fit speak common primary 2 English, wey him face dey ugly reach to make man pikin fear like bad deam, wey all him body swell up like dead-body when spend a month dey rotten for inside river.

If them no gree send am go jail, make them carry am go Lagos hand over for area boys and tell them say na this kind pen-robber na him no let them see work and chop-money. Them nogo waste time to tear the popotamus yansh woman pieces and throway wettin remain for inside gutter.

LOLOLOLLL. . . . Rat, you too much o o o o!!!
Re: Etteh Is Confirmed To Be A Suspected Thief: Now What? by chidichris(m): 11:39pm On Sep 28, 2007
mamajama,
if you know that u don't have facts concerning ibb why then do u call him corrupt?
if till now no court in nigeria has find any fact to convict ibb why do you call him corrupt?
he is clean because even an accused remains innocent until he is proved otherwise so the earlier u stop exposing your ignorance the better for u.
ribadu is so much active to the best of our knowledge so if he finds nothing bad in the leadership of ibb then we have to accept him as a good and normal nigerian whose chances of coming back is intact but if you are saying that for any reason, ribadu decided to leave him, that is what we call selected justice which we have been accusing ribadu of so you have to choose between the two options either u call ibb clean or u call ribadu a one sided blade.
please mr.us, in which state are u in the usa.
i can't see any difference between u and the obokis in madugiri
Re: Etteh Is Confirmed To Be A Suspected Thief: Now What? by Mamajama(m): 2:16am On Sep 30, 2007
@ NUM

HERE is from the punch

The Panel having completed its work has made its findings pointing out the lapses in the award of the contract. Throughout the submissions, no where was it mentioned that the Speaker, Mrs. Patricia Olubunmi Etteh collected the contract sum or was the contractor. Perhaps to put the records clear, Nigerians now know that the correct contract sum is N238 million and not the staggering N629 million being bandied about. Nigerians also come to grip that whatever the Speaker acted on, emanated from the management of the National Assembly who participated in all the deliberations, signed documents and were privy to the award of the contracts.

It has also become common knowledge that only a fraction of the money i.e. N59 million has so far been released and was bonded by a bank guarantee worth over N118 million. To put paid to the misinformation, the public now also know that not a single kobo has been released for the purchase of the vehicles and that the vehicles were yet to be supplied.

With the Report of the Panel now before the entire House, which highlighted the absence of due process because of not advertising the Tender for the award of the contracts and some members of the Body of Principal Officers who ought to have been invited were left out, it has become proper to counsel members of the House of Representatives on how to handle the issue with much restraint.
Re: Etteh Is Confirmed To Be A Suspected Thief: Now What? by Jakumo(m): 10:59am On Sep 30, 2007
Well it is good to know that proof has only been established  of the Dishonorable Speaker Mrs. Etteh's intent to steal 5 rather than ten million US dollars of public funds under the comedic pretence of allocating all that looted money for "Home Improvements" in her government-owned residential quarters.

These calls that Mrs. Etteh's attempted daylight robbery of Nigeria's treasury should go unpunished simply because the plan was foiled make about as much sense as would an argument that attempted armed bank robberies should also be de-penalized with the would-be robbers issued formal warning letters instead of jailed or shot at the scene.
Re: Etteh Is Confirmed To Be A Suspected Thief: Now What? by Bankole01(m): 2:06pm On Sep 30, 2007
@Mamajama;

People play with words and numbers. Omissions and subtractions is a gain people play to confuse and confound.
The lesser number (still a massive amount) was only arrived at when the amount appropraited for the luxury vehicles and the house of the deputy speaker was taken out.

The main contract amount remains N628 million. Spin doctors at work will like for us to think: oh she is not a thief, just a mis-understood innocent lady. Give us a break man, spin the details and facts if you will.
The fact remains the ad hoc commitee found a culpable fact of 'due process not being adhered to'
That other pricipal officers of the House were delibrately ommited from attending the meeting, that the contarctors were not registered and therefore unknown entities!. That she (dishonorable) Speaker Etteh personally awarded the contracts to unknown contractors, that the meeting and award was a foregone conclusion and that the speaker only directed the House management to affirm hers oders.
Also that the contract sum was a phantom figure, arrived at, without any materials costing, diagram of works to be done, what expertise were needed, etc, etc.

Look man, lets not fool one another. The money was already earmarked to be stolen and probably transfered to a bank, already! This is my book means the intention to steal was made, planned and facilitated.
Whether or not the commitee recomended actions to be taken is very immaterial. This was not in the purview of their mandates and therefore a moot point. It is a dumb defense for an otherwise highly placed person.

Spin doctors can spin and cloud the truth as much as they want, the fact remains this lady Etteh is a hairdresser material not Speaker of the House material and she is a crook!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Way Forward To Racial Discrimination? / Google Street View And The Death Of Freedom! / Ajaokuta ‘ll Soon Bounce Back - Adeboye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.