Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,344 members, 7,819,218 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:53 PM

The Ikemba/ Gideon Okar Encounter - By Noblezone - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Ikemba/ Gideon Okar Encounter - By Noblezone (1119 Views)

Okar Coup Anniversary: IBB Disappeared with Charm! / I Never Knew Gideon Okar Was An Igbo Man! / The Ikemba’s Home Front (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Ikemba/ Gideon Okar Encounter - By Noblezone by Nobody: 5:31pm On Dec 09, 2011
"Ikemba", the voice called, "your time is up"

Ikemba: Just a little more time now, I have not finished what I have to do.

"No" its time, the voice said.

Ikemba: but my people are ,

"Enough" ordered the voice, "forward march"

Ikemba reluctantly rose and soon was at the bother between the seen and the unseen. Gideon Okar was wondering who the alarm at the gate was for. The alarm seldom sounds and it usually sounds only for great ones. Gideon looked and up and saw him.

Gideon: Who are you? Who are I missing? Is this a dream?

Ikemba: No my dear. Its no dream. I am here for real.

Gideon: Welcome Sir. I have mixed feelings Sir. I don't know whether to be happy or to be sad. I should be happy to see you, but I don't know the news you bring from the other side. Are our people free now?

Ikemba: Whom are you referring to as your people.

Gideon: Sir, please I understand where you are heading to, but the truth is this, my people and your people have a common enemy.

Ikemba:  Are sure you about that? But your people championed the genocide against my people.

Gideon:  Yes Sir, you are very correct, but that was in the days of ignorance. We have made amends now? Have you forgotten why I came here before you?

Ikemba:  Of course I remember, it is just that things have not really changed much since you left. My people are still dying.

Gideon: With due respect Sir, it seems you are having a problem with your eye sight.

Ikemba: How do you mean?

Gideon: Since you stepped in here, slaughtered people have been coming in their numbers, and the ratio is one for your people and ten for mine.

Ikemba: I grief a hundred times more for a every single one of them slaughtered. If you talk about my sight having a problem, I don’t think so. It is the tears that I shed so much that has dimmed my eyes, but I can still spot out my people. So pardon me, if I don’t see your people easily.

Gideon: But Sir, you know I was praying that people like you should not come here yet until what we died for is achieved.

Ikemba: Let me ask you son, what exactly did you die for?

Gideon:  Sir, but you know why. They are taking over our lands, killing us like goats and burning us like rats. They do it with the power of federal governments. That was why we tried to take over from the Evil Genius.

Ikemba: I was surprised to see what you did. You tried, but let me ask you, do you know why you failed?

Gideon: Sir, failed no!! We succeeded. We did not fail. It was the saboteurs among us that betrayed us.  Although that some of them are already here, I’m always afraid that some of them are still out there. 

At that instant there was some noise coming from distance but loud enough.

Ikemba: What was that?

Gideon: Oh? It is the duo of Awo and Zik. It is there weeping time. Awo always weep that he never got a chance to rule Nigeria and Zik always weep that he left his people vulnerable to butchers.  They always try to out weep others. Do you wish to see them?

Ikemba:
What for?  I pity them. I really wish that we all stayed longer over there so that they will see with their eyes what they did to us. Yet, I am only managing to control myself from weeping.  I too failed. It is as if I led my people to the slaughter for nothing.

Gideon: Don’t say that Sir, You are a great man. Your courage was what inspired some of us. How I wish we are all allowed to go and replay it all back.
Re: The Ikemba/ Gideon Okar Encounter - By Noblezone by kingcobra1(m): 2:19pm On Feb 05, 2013
Who fought for One Nigeria?...d south....who is regretting one Nigeria..d south
Re: The Ikemba/ Gideon Okar Encounter - By Noblezone by Wily1Wily: 2:32pm On Feb 05, 2013
God will always Bless Gideon Okar, another Okar is Berom people of Jos. In Jos when you see Hausa/Fulani just shout 'Berom' he/she will take to their Heels.
Re: The Ikemba/ Gideon Okar Encounter - By Noblezone by gratiaeo(m): 3:07pm On Feb 05, 2013
LMAO
Re: The Ikemba/ Gideon Okar Encounter - By Noblezone by gratiaeo(m): 3:48pm On Feb 05, 2013
Only the ruling class is enjoying the poo called one Nigerian
An average Igbo man is a hustler
Hausas
18% shoe shiner
15% truck/barrow pusher
11% nial cutter
8% gate man
6% cattle realer
30% Doing nothing (Alamajiri) 12% Among the ruling class
I don't have yorubas datas but they are not better than others
Re: The Ikemba/ Gideon Okar Encounter - By Noblezone by Nobody: 3:59pm On Feb 05, 2013
Wow!
The resurrection of the this thread of tales from the great beyond is amazing.

A thread started in Dec 2011 with no single reply, suddenly came back to live in February 2013.

What do I make of this?

emm Seun! Please, if there is any Guinness book of Nairaland, this thread should make the list there.

Folks, we need a national conference, we have to negotiate Nigeria.

(1) (Reply)

The Sarduana Speaks On The Igbos. Whoa.the Guy No Send. / . / Escapee Boko Haram Master Mind Of Xmas Day Bombing Is Post a Graduate Student

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.